As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

ALL-BLACK THE [FASHION THREAD]

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Don't get me wrong. 5c is cold. But it's refreshing after a summer that regularly hit like 35c and 80 or 90% humidity. Up until earlier this month!

10c is shorts weather 30c is "oh God peel off my skin I'm dying from the heat" weather

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    N1tSt4lkerN1tSt4lker Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Uriel wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong. 5c is cold. But it's refreshing after a summer that regularly hit like 35c and 80 or 90% humidity. Up until earlier this month!

10c is shorts weather 30c is "oh God peel off my skin I'm dying from the heat" weather

No. And then also no to the rest of that.

N1tSt4lker on
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I'M GOING TO BE IN LA IN FIVE DAYS AND THEN CHICAGO AND I'MA FREEZE TO DEATH HELP

Whoa hey when are you in Chi?

• Options
    I want to make it back to Chicago someday myself.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    hmm

do i prefer white t shirts
    or black t shirts

i do not know

poo
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Black. White are too susceptible to condiments.

• Options
    Split the difference. Gray.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Hey I'm in Chicago! We're cold and that's why I just got boots.

They actually already came in! Shipping said next Wednesday, then they messaged me saturday with a delivery confirmation.

I took a gamble on getting the same size as my canvas Chuck's but even with the boot lining and winter socks it fits perfectly. There's like a neoprene type lining on the inside and a special insole that can be removed/replaced with your own but so far it feels like a good support and the build/silhouette is definitely a chuck but everything just looks a tiny bit thicker, from the leather panels, rubber sole, even the round boot strings instead of flat sneaker ones.

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Never black t-shirts for me, black ones always feel greasier for some reason. I can't explain why this is.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I love black t shirts

Black t shirts and black jeans, always

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    that's too much black imo

not trying to look like this is "baby goth's first day out"

both black tees and black jeans are great but you gotta throw in other colors in there

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    that's too much black imo

not trying to look like this is "baby goth's first day out"

both black tees and black jeans are great but you gotta throw in other colors in there

ALL

BLACK

THE

FASHION THREAD

• Options
    wait are we still in ALL-BLACK THE FASHION THREAD? Jesus how long has this thread been running, it feels like there has never been another fashion thread.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Like also t-shirts aren't very goth, I feel?

I dunno, it feels like one of my less goth looks whenever I wear that sort of outfit.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Like also t-shirts aren't very goth, I feel?

I dunno, it feels like one of my less goth looks whenever I wear that sort of outfit.

that's why I said baby goth

like a goth that aint never been inside a hot topic goth

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    wait are we still in ALL-BLACK THE FASHION THREAD? Jesus how long has this thread been running, it feels like there has never been another fashion thread.

Honestly it's a Halloween miracle that we've been able to keep this thread for this long

Eight long months and the pages never ran out

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    I've bought four shirts and a scarf with tigers on them but I've been too lazy to post

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2018
    I don't have much luck keeping lint and stuff off of black shirts, and I keep forgetting to buy a lint roller

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Everything black I own looks grey because of all the white/grey dog hair anyway

Yet I still buy a lot of dark clothing. I haven't learned my lesson in 10 years of owning dogs that shed a ton. Instead I invest heavily in lint rollers that have never worked that well.

Wassermelone on
  • Options
    I’m wearing all black today actually oops

Hmm gotta decide on black or white for this music shirt
    0012423004_10.jpg

poo
  • Options
    as a black-shirt-hater, white shirt

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    I like white for this one I think

I got another cool white one recently but I shoulda sized up

I have a handful of nice black ones anyway

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    I bought a bunch of nice thermal shirts to wear under my winter flannels

they fit really well but the collar is so tight I feel like someone is always just about to start choking me, but I'm okay with it

there's probably some psychology there

• Options
    grrmushagrrmusha Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Forget lint/hair free life when you own a cat and wear a lot of black. Lint rollers be everywhere.

And I prefer white t-shirts to black. White and grey ones almost always look better to me than black, especially printed ones.

grrmusha on
  • Options
    it's really a challenge ordering shirts online from unknown sources, small is my normal size, but i think now i'm just gonna err on mediums for random online orders like this

toss it in the dryer for a bit if it's too big etc

poo
  • Options
    White t-shirts turn into sweat colored t-shirts after wearing them a couple of times, so I'm not a fan

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    White t-shirts turn into sweat colored t-shirts after wearing them a couple of times, so I'm not a fan

What you want is Napisan.

• Options
    do you wash them with bleach?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options

No. If I had an in-unit washer/dryer I might, but it's much less feasible when you're working with coin ops.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

No. If I had an in-unit washer/dryer I might, but it's much less feasible when you're working with coin ops.

Napisan.

• Options
    edited October 2018
    I always find the kinds of powder detergent with bleach crystals mixed in work pretty well, if the problem is old coin-op washers without a liquid bleach bucket or it just being annoying working with liquid bleach or something.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    No, my issue with it is that separating out my clothes based on color and washing them separately will take twice as long, cost twice as much, and likely require me to do laundry more frequently.

Or I can just not wear white t-shirts.

• Options
    grrmushagrrmusha Registered User regular
    That bugs me so much, but I found antiperspirant that works for black and white clothes.

• Options
    No, my issue with it is that separating out my clothes based on color and washing them separately will take twice as long, cost twice as much, and likely require me to do laundry more frequently.

ah, yeah fair enough

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnapisan! It's what I use to get the sweat and grass stains out of the white t-shirts and blue work clothes I wear as a gardener, all in the same load in my washing machine.

I haven't separated colours since the 90s.

• Options
    What in the hell is napisan?

• Options
    What in the hell is napisan?

I've been assuming it's like a Betelgeuse or a Bloody Mary

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Not much, what's napasin with you

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    I thought it was some fancy type of fabric, but I have no idea

• Options
    It is literally for cleaning shit out of babies nappies:

1.png