Options

The only good movie thread is a dead [movie] thread

19495969798100»

• Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    While I wouldn’t classify them all as good, I’m a fan of the Pink Panther sequels.

Phillishere on
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    While I wouldn’t classify them all as good, I’m a fan of all the Pink Panther sequels.

I'm a fan of the Pink Panther movies but some of the sequels... Ooof. Basically any time Cato is mentioned or on screen is seriously cringe worthy.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Yeah there's a lot of racism to contend with in the Pink Panther movies

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    While I wouldn’t classify them all as good, I’m a fan of all the Pink Panther sequels.

I'm a fan of the Pink Panther movies but some of the sequels... Ooof. Basically any time Cato is mentioned or on screen is seriously cringe worthy.

Yeah. It’s like Breakfast at Tiffany’s. How much can you look past to enjoy Peter Sellers and the cartoon interludes?

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    The last film with David Niven in it is hard to watch too, because by that point he was basically unable to stand under his own power, and they had to overdub his voice because he was so frail from the ALS slowly killing him.

• Options
    On a lighter note:

"I may be bad, but I feel... gooooood."

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

Yeah. It’s like Breakfast at Tiffany’s. How much can you look past to enjoy Peter Sellers and the cartoon interludes?

I didn't see Breakfast at Tiffany's until I was in my 20's and I was utterly floored by how incredibly racist everything involving Mickey Rooney was. For how people talk about the film I super was not expecting...that.

• Options
    3clipse wrote: »

I didn't see Breakfast at Tiffany's until I was in my 20's and I was utterly floored by how incredibly racist everything involving Mickey Rooney was. For how people talk about the film I super was not expecting...that.

I saw it in the 80s as a young kid, and it was just as unexpected and cringe-worthy back then. I wouldn’t be shocked if people were going “What the fuck?” about those scenes when it came out. They’re that bad.

• Options
    Hail to the king, baby!

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    Hail to the king, baby!

niiiiice, duke nukem 3D. good call

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    Hail to the king, baby!

Duke Nukem 3D wishes he was as cool as Ash Williams.

Shop smart, shop S-Mart!

• Options
    Hail to the king, baby!

Shop smart, shop S-Mart!

No Ash's last name is Ketcham.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Hail to the king, baby!

Shop smart, shop S-Mart!

You sound like a Deadite...

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    Hail to the king, baby!

Shop smart, shop S-Mart!

You sound like a Deadite...

did you mean to say magnemite?

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    gat dangit this is the movie thread, not the Pokemon thread...

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Pokemon's a movie

Pokemon's the best movie of the year, Detective Pikachu

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    gat dangit this is the movie thread, not the Pokemon thread...

Pokemon is a movie.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Please, excuse me whilst I scream into this pillow...

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I hear they've already produced and engraved Detective Pikachu's Oscar for "Best Picture"

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular

il_340x270.904372207_bryn.jpg

?

• Options
    Oh great, now what am I supposed to do with this throbbing erection?

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus

Sensing its trainer's distress, Pillowite evolved into Pillowdon.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Today I'm a tenth grade history/English teacher and for the first two class periods I'm showing a 1983 production of Macbeth.

I wish I was watching Chronicles of Riddick instead...

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Oh hey, this class of high school students just lost it as Lady Macbeth obviously started orgasming on screen.

And I yelled, "Stop giggling! This is art!"

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Oh hey, this class of high school students just lost it as Lady Macbeth obviously started orgasming on screen.

Fucking exquisite.

• Options
    In their defense, orgasms are pretty funny.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Ghostbusters 2 is a perfectly adequate sequel!

• Options
    Zonugal wrote: »

It's called hentai. And it is art!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSVQtlQtxCs

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Oh man Zonnie, that is not one of the good ones, is it?

You should've put on Scotland, PA or Throne of Blood instead

This discussion has been closed.