Options

Saturday morning cartoons are just about dead...

1235712

Posts

  • Options
    HewnHewn Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Mikesta wrote: »
    I'm going to re-assert my love for Gargoyles right now, because I don't think I'm getting through here.

    I got your back on this one. I still enjoy that show. It's fantastic on quite a few levels.

    To further your argument to how it holds up, some people here expressed dismay over how while cartoons are violent, there were never any repercussions, i.e. death or injury. Gargoyles recognized this, having a main character get shot with a handgun (accidentally by a friend, no less, driving home a great point on guns to children). Things didn't clear up on that after one episode, either, as that character had recovery time that was apparent in each episode after that. She was on crutches for a while, for example.

    As an aside, my favorite episode was the Halloween themed one, where they played on the Beauty and the Beast theme. The Macbeth storyline was excellent as well. By the time I hit high school, I was thrilled to study Shakespeare and start to recognize some of the parallels they made.

    And I just pretend the episodes that Disney took over for never happened. Goliath Chronicles. Yeah. Didn't happen.

    Hewn on
    Steam: hewn
    Warframe: TheBaconDwarf
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited May 2007
    FYI, you Gargoyles fans - the creator's just started a comics series that's supposed to be the "real" season 3 or whatever.

    Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    MikestaMikesta Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I'm going to have to unload some more pure, unabridged truth here, because EliteLamer is talking some bullshit right now. He-Man, unless we're talking the short lived new series, sucks ass. Thunder Cats sucks too. Captain N is only good as a cheesball nostalgia piece, aka it sucks. Conan the Adventurer is a less egregious piece of suckage, but it sucks nonetheless. I haven't seen Jem and the Holograms, but it looks like it sucks. Pirates of Dark Water sucks too, even though it has that guy in it that played the big guard guy in Aladdin, which is a voice actor I hear in like everything. There's a whole lot more to list, but I can't be bothered to remember the rest.

    And if Ketchum-ash likes something, I'd bet a fat wad of hundred dollar bills it sucks more than anything I just mentioned.

    Mikesta on
    untitled.jpg

    You mess with the dolphin, you get the nose.
  • Options
    MikestaMikesta Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    FYI, you Gargoyles fans - the creator's just started a comics series that's supposed to be the "real" season 3 or whatever.
    Yep, I have all three issues so far. I don't really like the way faces are drawn, but otherwise I can't complain. I really cannot imagine getting into the comic without having the background knowledge I do, though.

    Mikesta on
    untitled.jpg

    You mess with the dolphin, you get the nose.
  • Options
    HewnHewn Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    FYI, you Gargoyles fans - the creator's just started a comics series that's supposed to be the "real" season 3 or whatever.

    Woah ho ho! :winky:

    Mikesta, link to purchase said issues?

    Hewn on
    Steam: hewn
    Warframe: TheBaconDwarf
  • Options
    MikestaMikesta Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Hewn wrote: »
    Mikesta wrote: »
    I'm going to re-assert my love for Gargoyles right now, because I don't think I'm getting through here.

    I got your back on this one. I still enjoy that show. It's fantastic on quite a few levels.

    To further your argument to how it holds up, some people here expressed dismay over how while cartoons are violent, there were never any repercussions, i.e. death or injury. Gargoyles recognized this, having a main character get shot with a handgun (accidentally by a friend, no less, driving home a great point on guns to children). Things didn't clear up on that after one episode, either, as that character had recovery time that was apparent in each episode after that. She was on crutches for a while, for example.

    As an aside, my favorite episode was the Halloween themed one, where they played on the Beauty and the Beast theme. The Macbeth storyline was excellent as well. By the time I hit high school, I was thrilled to study Shakespeare and start to recognize some of the parallels they made.

    And I just pretend the episodes that Disney took over for never happened. Goliath Chronicles. Yeah. Didn't happen.
    The writers would routinely find ways to break Goliath down psychologically, and it was fascinating to watch him become stripped of his generally non-violent attitude. I remember an episode where he began to pre-meditate killing somebody for revenge. And he said "kill", too, not "destroy" or "defeat."

    Mikesta on
    untitled.jpg

    You mess with the dolphin, you get the nose.
  • Options
    MikestaMikesta Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Hewn wrote: »
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    FYI, you Gargoyles fans - the creator's just started a comics series that's supposed to be the "real" season 3 or whatever.

    Woah ho ho! :winky:

    Mikesta, link to purchase said issues?
    Uh, I just bought them at the store, let me see if I can find something on the intertron here.

    Mikesta on
    untitled.jpg

    You mess with the dolphin, you get the nose.
  • Options
    MikestaMikesta Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I don't agree with the blaming of Anime for the downfall of cartoons. If NA cartoons would compete instead of just dying and not evolving then Saturday morning cartoons would still exist. Instead they kept the same standard and only a few have survived. Blame the animation studios for giving up easily.
    I certainly won't blame this arbitrary "downfall" on anime, but I will say that this anime influence on American shows tends to make them look like ass.

    Mikesta on
    untitled.jpg

    You mess with the dolphin, you get the nose.
  • Options
    HewnHewn Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Found them via Amazon. Excellent. Thanks for the heads up, folks.

    Hewn on
    Steam: hewn
    Warframe: TheBaconDwarf
  • Options
    MikestaMikesta Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Hewn wrote: »
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    FYI, you Gargoyles fans - the creator's just started a comics series that's supposed to be the "real" season 3 or whatever.

    Woah ho ho! :winky:

    Mikesta, link to purchase said issues?
    http://www.amazon.com/Gargoyles-1-Greg-Weisman/dp/1593620403

    Here ya go.

    Mikesta on
    untitled.jpg

    You mess with the dolphin, you get the nose.
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    It's kind of surprising, looking back, at how much shit Gargoyles could get away with for being a "kid's show." I think part of the reason was due to the fact that it was syndicated. Apperently, when the show was re-run on Toon Disney, the episode "Deadly Force" was skipped over completely.

    Beast Wars was similiar. It, too, was syndicated. After the series ended, the sequal Beast Machines went under Fox, where they imposed all sorts of restrictions, such as characters not dying and the prohibition of guns shooting bullets. Yeah, that show sucked.

    Zxerol on
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I don't know if it's been mentioned because I am too lazy to read all 7 pages of this thread but...

    Mighty_Max_at_his_desk.png

    Mighty Max, mother fuckers.

    God I loved that show. I used to get up early just to watch that shit.

    AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Rude Dog and the Dweebs

    For some reason, I actually liked this show when I was younger.

    SithDrummer on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Rude Dog and the Dweebs

    For some reason, I actually liked this show when I was younger.

    I was remembering that show like two weeks ago.

    I like that he actually was in fact rude, even to his friends.

    Incenjucar on
  • Options
    SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I blame (thank?) that show for whatever hand it had in getting me to love ska music.

    SithDrummer on
  • Options
    NovidNovid Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I know this is my first post, but anyway just to say my piece...

    I hate that silly propaganda Funi is playing with One Piece. I had many an agrument with fans of One Piece but i dont even care about that anymore.

    As for the reason there just reaching death?

    Theres 20 reasons, but I have three important ones.

    The first is the E/I requirements for all american stations, networks, and afflicates. (sorry if I cant spell- its 3 AM) They have to air 3 and 1/2 hours a week on every station. If they air a 30 min show, they have to play it every day for that week and promote it as such. (several stations have been fined by the FCC by not doing this, and Recently, because Haim Saban just recently bought Univision, Galavision and Telefutura- the FCC forced the old owners of these three stations to pay them $24 MILLION because of the lack of E/I programing before Saban could even buy the company)

    But as shown in the issues between DiC/CBS and Qubo/NBC over Veggietales and Trollz, all these laws do is to promote Agendas. (yes, even Veggietales is Edited now, but years ago you could say God Loves you and such, however on a episode of Trollz, they had a metion of Wicca which doesnt seem fair...) To make things even worse each of the companies signed a new contract back in 2005. This contract allows the NFL, NBA, MLB and all sports, not to count aganst the affliates count. In the original contract, the News and news magasines were exsempt. Now sports is excempt. On top of this, they cannot promote the same toy while the show airs, and they cannot air no more than 10 mins of advertisments on any Non E/I show. It more viable for the Affilates to do news and let DIC do the work (which they do for CBS and other synidcated channels) to keep the FCC happy.

    Of course, this was one of the major reasons why animation and kids companies left to cable, since the kids networks can just air a 3 hour block one day and promote it every other day, and they were done, and they could do what ever else.

    The second reason was the Fox Kids split and destruction of that same block. Fox Kids was the only compition to Nick at the time it was airing. Once Saban and Murdock sold the company (Saban Worldwide/Fox Kids Worldwide) to Disney, and then News Corp sold the Block to 4Kids in 2002 alot of fans left with them. Many who were inchanted with anime (and what happend to Esceflone is the biggest reason why Fox Kids disbanded) and became the subbing groups now. Some had kids, and went to Nick- others just disregared animation altogether and just have memories of the past.

    The third reason, and maybe the biggest reason, Money. Back in the 1980's- cost for product (or CPM=i.e. how much the show can be bought for ad men, and that translates to money for the animatiors, voice actors and so on) was $8500 for a 30 min spot. Thats every 30 min spot. By 2001, the money gone down to $6100, and as i hear a lower based show such as Loontics, would be around $2100. Because of this, in order to stop the crash, anime is being used. Since Pokemon has become a billion dollar success- still going on despite the owners have changed hands- all the kids companies have desided that Anime or a anime like product will bring in the money. The other part of the reason is because that the animatiors and the fans are not creating those products for kids anymore per-se (see the recent interview with the Creator of Ed-Edd and Eddy) but for there own "elite". The execs cant have this- and at the same time- are trying to keep the FCC away from putting down the PC hammer once and for all on the industry

    All these equals the industry that we have today. This gen who are watching this toons as you say are lost. They are mostly anime fans for the most part and have taken that charatistic. John K, Danny Anatuschi and all the rest who compain about Cal Arts and all the rest, will never have that audiance back or never bring them to watch there shows because one of the PC nature of the shows they grew up with, the fact they have gotten smarter to the whole game with anime and can see a even stronger in content version of the product on the net, Nick is the only game in town and actually respects the audiance at times and so on.

    But I miss those days. They may never come back however- and its time for these companies to make a choice since there never going to catch Nick, they spend the money and tell the FCC to go to hell with this silly ass rule promoted by the UCC (you should know them) or they should just quit and work on live action and let Nick, Anime and the Theatrical CGI side of their business studios produce the animation for everybody else. I should know- i wrote, did, and produce scripts, essays, and websites defending and promoting and hoping that the day that SatAM would return back to greatness but it isnt going to happen.

    Just like Bethamhem Steel and GM/Ford/Chrysler...another part of americana is dying...

    Novid on
  • Options
    MikestaMikesta Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I'd love it if you'd clean up that post. I'm convinced that you have some insightful stuff to say, but that post reads like a muddled mess. Please, please clean it up.

    Mikesta on
    untitled.jpg

    You mess with the dolphin, you get the nose.
  • Options
    SneezerSneezer Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I've lived in England for 21 of my 22 years, and grwn up on it's cartoon shows (ironicly, the best ones being from mainland Europe) Cartoons such as Dreamstone, The Moomins, Dogtanian (see what I mean about foreigne cartoons being the best) What has brought about the decline of good cartoons is the rise of reality shows, Fear Factor, Big Brother, stuff like that.

    Sneezer on
    tmpphp0si07o.jpg
    Available for weddings, bar-mitzvahs and risings of the people against oppressive states.
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    As I understand it, Kiddy Anime looks the way it does (ie - crappy) because it's so damn cheap to make. The American style animation couldn't compete with that, which is why so much of our animation looks like a shitty pokemon rip off (itself a shitty, shitty show). FYI- I'm talking about kids anime like Pokemon or Dragonball. There's alot of actual GOOD looking anime out there. Sadly, it's rarely used to TV, as far as I've seen.

    As for old cartoons, yes, alot of them suck. Badly. Many just don't hold up these days. They were badly plotted excuses to sell toys and it shows.

    Some however were good shows in their own right and still hold up today. Like:

    - Batman: TAS (obviously)
    - Aladdin (can't believe no ones mentioned this. Some great episodes in here. If nothing else, they were very creative.)
    - Beast Wars (Dinebot's death gets everyone I think)
    - ReBoot (Finish it dammit! What happens after Megabyte comes back!!)
    - Gargoyles
    - The Tick (still funny)
    - Anamaniacs (actually funnier now since I get most of the jokes)
    - Freakazoid (same as above)


    A few are still kinda good (like X-men and Spiderman, although spiderman is so fucking emo, it even pissed me off back then), but don't age near as well as some of the above ones.


    Honestly though, I think kids programming has gone to shit these days. Seeing what my much younger sister watched, I was horrified. It's not like alot of what we used to watch was much better. It just seems like there aren't ANY gems amid all the crap like there was when we were young. There's no Reboot, or Batman or Gargoyles level stuff out there anymore. There isn't even any X-men level stuff. It's all just ... crap, from what I've seen. It's like they took out all the good shows and left the chaf behind.


    PS - As a closing note, I gotta give some props to Digimon. Hated the damn show originally, but after sitting around taking care of my sister while she watched it, I gotta say, it suckered me in. you gotta be able to look past some stuff, but as the series progresses, it actually has plot and character development. And some of it is actually kinda compelling. I was surprised.

    shryke on
  • Options
    SneezerSneezer Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    SAM AND MAX HIT THE ROAD!!!!!!!!!!!!

    OMG how good was the cartoon!!!

    Sneezer on
    tmpphp0si07o.jpg
    Available for weddings, bar-mitzvahs and risings of the people against oppressive states.
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    edited May 2007
    Sneezer wrote: »
    I've lived in England for 21 of my 22 years, and grown up on it's cartoon shows (ironicly, the best ones being from mainland Europe) Cartoons such as Dreamstone, The Moomins, Dogtanian (see what I mean about foreigne cartoons being the best) What has brought about the decline of good cartoons is the rise of reality shows, Fear Factor, Big Brother, stuff like that.

    I don't know whether it's because I'm older, but the homegrown cartoons knocked pretty much every imported one out of the park when I were nought but a lad. Though a fair amount of time was spent watching Battle of the Planets and He-Man I still remember some fantastic British cartoons.

    Willo the Wisp, with Kenneth Williams providing every single voice. Dangermouse, with David Jason as the titular eye-patch wearing secret agent and Terry Scott as his short-sighted assistant Penfold. Roobarb, Mr Benn, the Magic Roundabout, Bagpuss, Chorlton and the Wheelies, the Wind in the Willows, Jamie and the Magic Torch, etc. All great, all British, all much better than Dogtanian (though not all as good as Ulysses). Don't even get me started about the Moomins cartoon. To even mention it in the same breath as the stop-motion Moomins is to bring dishonour to your family unto seven generations.

    Bogart on
  • Options
    SneezerSneezer Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Bogart wrote: »
    Sneezer wrote: »
    I've lived in England for 21 of my 22 years, and grown up on it's cartoon shows (ironicly, the best ones being from mainland Europe) Cartoons such as Dreamstone, The Moomins, Dogtanian (see what I mean about foreigne cartoons being the best) What has brought about the decline of good cartoons is the rise of reality shows, Fear Factor, Big Brother, stuff like that.

    I don't know whether it's because I'm older, but the homegrown cartoons knocked pretty much every imported one out of the park when I were nought but a lad. Though a fair amount of time was spent watching Battle of the Planets and He-Man I still remember some fantastic British cartoons.

    Willo the Wisp, with Kenneth Williams providing every single voice. Dangermouse, with David Jason as the titular eye-patch wearing secret agent and Terry Scott as his short-sighted assistant Penfold. Roobarb, Mr Benn, the Magic Roundabout, Bagpuss, Chorlton and the Wheelies, the Wind in the Willows, Jamie and the Magic Torch, etc. All great, all British, all much better than Dogtanian (though not all as good as Ulysses). Don't even get me started about the Moomins cartoon. To even mention it in the same breath as the stop-motion Moomins is to bring dishonour to your family unto seven generations.

    Mysterious cities of gold was one of ym favs, and yeah..Ulyses 31 was pretty cool too.
    But thye older 60's 70's cartoons, like ones you mentioned above...maybe it's me being bit of a gen X'er but they don't really work for me.

    p.s. I read the moomin books too, you know.

    Sneezer on
    tmpphp0si07o.jpg
    Available for weddings, bar-mitzvahs and risings of the people against oppressive states.
  • Options
    HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Capt Howdy wrote: »
    No love for Danger Mouse? Blasphemy!

    Anybody remember the Alf cartoon? Bananaman, maybe? At least I saw some love for the Ghostbusters.

    i remember watching Bananaman and Count Duckula on Nick a long ass time ago. Count Duckula was the shit. :D

    HydroSqueegee on
    kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    SneezerSneezer Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Capt Howdy wrote: »
    No love for Danger Mouse? Blasphemy!

    Anybody remember the Alf cartoon? Bananaman, maybe? At least I saw some love for the Ghostbusters.

    i remember watching Bananaman and Count Duckula on Nick a long ass time ago. Count Duckula was the shit. :D

    Staring the great David Jason.

    Ooh..ren N stimpy!

    Sneezer on
    tmpphp0si07o.jpg
    Available for weddings, bar-mitzvahs and risings of the people against oppressive states.
  • Options
    HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I was sad to see that ed, edd and eddie is over. I was there to catch the first airing of the original episode, so i made sure to catch the last one too. Ive missed quite a bit of it the past few years though. Great cartoon.

    HydroSqueegee on
    kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    ImperialwarImperialwar Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Imperialwar on
  • Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Capt Howdy wrote: »
    Bedigumx wrote: »
    I wonder what everyone's opinions would be if they watched Transformers and GI-Joe today for the first time. Would we still be "this is the pinnacle of cartoons", or would we say "my god this is awful". I'm going to go for the latter on this one.

    I don't know who said they were watching Transformers on New Years but they were right...those shows from way back when are not the same today. I watch them and think "man I remember this episode. I was at my aunt's house when i first saw it", rather than "the story is really developing and Optimus' humor is really edgy". I love Transformers, but the only things that I can still watch are the Movie and Beast Wars.

    Oh, and Fairly Odd Parents and Fosters aren't too terrible. I have to watch them twice a week when I'm at the hospital and I find myself watching those shows, instead of doing crafts with kids like I'm supposed to be.

    Watched a clip of He-Man a few months back..... sucked. D:

    I bought the first Danger Mouse DVD set; I must say it's still pretty damn funny. I wasn't aware it had so much adult humor. Which makes sense, I was a kid the last time I watched it.

    Ghostbusters still stands up pretty well.

    "Hi, my name's Adam...."

    He-man.jpg

    Nightslyr on
  • Options
    Rabid_LlamaRabid_Llama Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I don't know if it's been mentioned because I am too lazy to read all 7 pages of this thread but...

    Mighty_Max_at_his_desk.png

    Mighty Max, mother fuckers.

    God I loved that show. I used to get up early just to watch that shit.

    Does anyone remember the episode that was exactly like John Carpenter's The Thing? That was awesome.

    Rabid_Llama on
    /sig
    The+Rabid+Llama.png
  • Options
    3lwap03lwap0 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

    That show was the shit. It dominated my weekday afternoons.

    3lwap0 on
  • Options
    Katchem_ashKatchem_ash __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007
    Mikesta wrote: »
    And if Ketchum-ash likes something, I'd bet a fat wad of hundred dollar bills it sucks more than anything I just mentioned.

    Then hand me over that wad of a hundred if your not going to make a fair non-baised judgement just because I said it was good.

    The Girm adventures of Billy and Mandy is a good show with sensless humor comming from Billy, World Conquering desires from Mandy and the sad fact the Grim is always there since the kids "won" him. Its a laugh riot and the movie was actually quite good. He makes jabs at Fosters and other shows and the other shows feature Mandy (at least foster did).

    Katchem_ash on
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Swat Kats ftw. It always comes up and it's always awesome.

    tyrannus on
  • Options
    ImperialwarImperialwar Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    3lwap0 wrote: »

    That show was the shit. It dominated my weekday afternoons.

    LongArm was one of the reasons I loved that show to death. The opening theme is also pretty kickass

    http://copshq.generalsjoes.com/media/cartoon/files/cops_intro.mp3

    Imperialwar on
  • Options
    FellhandFellhand Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Thread needs more Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors. I guess I don't understand how everyone doesn't think 80s cartoons were the greatest.

    Lately I've been throwing around the idea with my buddy that we should make a band and play the intros from Saturday mornings. The drawback is each song will only be like 1:10 long.

    Fellhand on
  • Options
    SpeedySwafSpeedySwaf Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I was sad to see that ed, edd and eddie is over. I was there to catch the first airing of the original episode, so i made sure to catch the last one too. Ive missed quite a bit of it the past few years though. Great cartoon.
    EEnE will actually be getting one more movie before it goes.

    But yeah, some of CN's best shows are ending production soon. As mentioned before, EEnE will be ending soon, and then months later (up to maybe next year) will see the end of Billy & Mandy and The Kids Next Door.

    SpeedySwaf on
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I'm willing to admit that most of the shows I watched when I was a kid were probably not that good, but I watched Animaniacs, Aladdin, Freakazoid and Spider-Man well into my teens. My dad would watch some of them with me as well, and not just on sufferance; he was a fan of Bananaman (The Goodies as voice actors rocked).

    I think that it's not just cartoons that have suffered, but all TV aimed at the younger demographic. One family holiday back in the nineties, my parents, my sister and I would eat our breakfast in front of the television, watching Spider-Man, Alex Mack and Sister Sister on whatever channel used to run kids' shows back in the days of terrestrial-only TV. Then, series started to go downhill, but people stuck with them because of fandom, and now we're stuck with shows that suck right off the bat, as our tolerance limit has been artificially raised.

    My pet theory is that television used to be a family activity, so parents would watch with children; now, kids are dumped in front of it as a form of babysitting, so networks can get away with any old crap as long as ithas bright colours and movement. I hope I'm wrong, though.

    Rhesus Positive on
    [Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    JekrnuJekrnu Registered User new member
    edited May 2007
    I loved Samurai Pizza Cats. How could you not like cats that delivered pizza, used ninja moves, and fought in a god damn giant robot? You can't. They kicked ass.

    Also, the absolute worst cartoon I've ever seen: Captain Simian and the Space Monkeys. I absolutely hated that show, and still do to this day.

    Other cartoons that I am just pulling off the top of my head that weren't mentioned:
    Jumanji, The Mask.

    I was under the impression that Yu-Gi-Oh! was actually made in the US and aired here first, how would 4kids fuck something up that had never been dubbed before?

    Jekrnu on
  • Options
    PataPata Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    shryke wrote: »

    Honestly though, I think kids programming has gone to shit these days. Seeing what my much younger sister watched, I was horrified. It's not like alot of what we used to watch was much better. It just seems like there aren't ANY gems amid all the crap like there was when we were young. There's no Reboot, or Batman or Gargoyles level stuff out there anymore. There isn't even any X-men level stuff. It's all just ... crap, from what I've seen. It's like they took out all the good shows and left the chaf behind..

    This just isn't true.

    Stop looking back at things with nostalgia filled glasses.

    Pata on
    SRWWSig.pngEpisode 5: Mecha-World, Mecha-nisim, Mecha-beasts
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Fellhand wrote: »
    Thread needs more Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors. I guess I don't understand how everyone doesn't think 80s cartoons were the greatest.

    I thought no one remembered that but me

    that was indeed a badass show

    Xaquin on
  • Options
    JJJJ DailyStormer Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I watch a lot of Spongebob. I haven't watched Saturday morning cartoons for about 4 years because of work. Can't imagine I would like it. I was always picky about which ones I watched. As a kid I remember being bored as hell when the cartoons stopped airing and then all the shitty adult shows that noone ever watches come on. It's like they want you to go outside.

    Sci-fi should go back to airing Saturday Anime at 11am. I wonder how many mothers freaked the fuck out because of that?

    JJ on
  • Options
    JJJJ DailyStormer Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I don't know if it's been mentioned because I am too lazy to read all 7 pages of this thread but...

    Mighty_Max_at_his_desk.png

    Mighty Max, mother fuckers.

    God I loved that show. I used to get up early just to watch that shit.

    Does anyone remember the episode that was exactly like John Carpenter's The Thing? That was awesome.

    That show had such a cop out shitty ending. olol maybe it will be different the 2nd time.

    :x

    JJ on
Sign In or Register to comment.