As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
We're funding a new Acquisitions Incorporated series on Kickstarter right now! Check it out at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pennyarcade/acquisitions-incorporated-the-series-2

Deep Rock Galactic.... Space Dwarves!

• Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2022
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Oh, so there is shit at the top of the shaft? I played a solo map, dug to the top by hand, saw the stone, and gave up.

There is not. 100% just a driller drilling around for 2 hours and then circling down the shaft to finish it off.

Edit: Heyo.

Stabbity Style on
    SijLqhH.pngSteam: stabbitystyle | XBL: Stabbity Style | PSN: Stabbity_Style | Twitch: stabbitystyle
    The JudgeDarmakvagrant_windsGnome-Interruptuschrono_travellerfurlionHeffling
  • The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Fantastic TOTP, wonderful work everyone, you can go home early.

Last pint: Sticky Hands / Block 15 - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
    Stabbity StyleDarmakKarozvagrant_windschrono_travellerfurlionHeffling
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    lol gotem

JtgVX0H.png
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited July 2022
    Pubbed this weeks EDD and the last stage is haz 5.5 shield disruption mini mules + Doretta with the absolute most troll drop pod I've ever seen (it lands super high up in a very inaccessible room)

I had to drop my no dwarf left behind policy and make a dash to get out the only one alive

Beasteh on
  • KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    Pubbed this weeks EDD and the last stage is haz 5.5 shield disruption mini mules + Doretta with the absolute most troll drop pod I've ever seen (it lands super high up in a very inaccessible room)

I had to drop my no dwarf left behind policy and make a dash to get out the only one alive

We failed at the last stage and I just did not have the energy for the 2nd attempt.

Honestly once you finish stage 2 (and get that weapon overclock), it's yolo time

The Judge
  • KarlKarl Registered User regular
    edited July 2022
    Fear + Neurotoxin on the autocannon is crazy good at dealing at swarms

Karl on
    vagrant_windsHeffling
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    3nod0bd85rwb.png

and that's scout done

every class promoted, just working on overclocks now that im done with the season

(i've been playing since early june, and my only two scout OCs are bouncy drak and embedded detonators which just happen to be the most meta ones)

KarozThe JudgeTrajan45furlion
    https://youtu.be/yWJ9cQzrXiA

11/3 release for Season 3

KarozEtheaStabbity StyleDoodmannHefflingNetscape
    Season 3 Deets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWoOuRqIa54

One week till impact

KarozJohnny Chopsocky
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I knida fell off without people to play with, so maybe this will be a good start

Stabbity StyleCantidoMoridin889
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    I knida fell off without people to play with, so maybe this will be a good start

Yeah, I kinda burnt myself out grinding through the season 2 performance pass. Might pick it up again here and there for Season 3. Maybe just around holiday events or something, idk.

SijLqhH.pngSteam: stabbitystyle | XBL: Stabbity Style | PSN: Stabbity_Style | Twitch: stabbitystyle
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I was taking a break for other things after I unlocked everything that wasn't a cosmetic, but I'll be back for this.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //

I have heard that some lunatics out there play this solo. Exclusively so, even.
    zhn5pproyzac.png

FencingsaxcB557HefflingGnome-InterruptusNetscape
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    The Judge wrote: »

I have heard that some lunatics out there play this solo. Exclusively so, even.

I have never one played this game solo. I've finished a mission solo before, but I always queue muliplayer.

This game has the best pug experience of any multiplayer game I've ever played.

CantidoStabbity StylestopgapHefflingGnome-InterruptusNetscape
  • BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    The joy of multiplayer is jumping into a game as scout, seeing 3 players downed, zooming around ressing each one of them and then watching the little rascals die again.

They gave the scout a hookshot, but he really just needs apron strings.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
    FencingsaxNetscape
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I've only played on game multi, and I got super lost and it was very embarrassing, so I didn't do anything else multi. From what I played singleplayer, it was pretty swell.

edited October 2022
    My one-man-gang tours in solitude are due to a combo of:

* Only Pub Game Was Extra Shouty
    * Never Could Schedule Time With Friends Back When They Played
    * BOSCO Is My Copilot

The Judge on
    The Judge wrote: »
    My one-man-gang tours in solitude are due to a combo of:

* Only Pub Game Was Extra Shouty
    * Never Could Schedule Time With Friends Back When They Played
    * BOSCO Is My Copilot

Other people having microphones is like, extremely rare in my experience, so you probably just got unlucky or something.

vagrant_windscB557KarozHeffling
    Oh agreed - the community seems super nice!

The only real rule of multiplayer is dear god don't call the drop pod or pop a boss without a ready check. People might be wanting to do an event they held off for a later/safer time.

Gnome-InterruptusNetscape
  • Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    I've only played solo as I was afraid to screw up a multiplayer session.

Fencingsax
  • KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    If anyone wants to coop this weekend and ease into multi I am glad to do so. It's not as bad as it seems unless things have ridiculously changed and you can usually have a fun challenge and win on hazard rank 3.

Send me a friend invite or message me

Stabbity StylecB557FencingsaxTrajan45Rius
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    I've only played solo as I was afraid to screw up a multiplayer session.

It is very very hard to screw up a multiplayer session. Like, just follow people around and let other people start events if you're super worried and want to get the hang of things. Even if you're not doing any objectives yourself, just being near the other people and covering them while they do objective stuff is good enough. That said, unless you're playing on 4/5 or 5/5 difficulty, the game is incredibly casual and you really shouldn't have to worry about stuff.

FencingsaxDarmakNetscape
  • MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Apparently I own this on PS4, so fuck it we will do this live

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Last I saw, it's also on console and PC gamepass, if anyone wants to try it cheap.

I'd also say probably stick to gunner if you're worried about role stuff since they have the least group responsibility. Scout you generally should be bouncing around mining stuff high up and popping flares for group visibility, engineer should be making platforms for the scout who's bouncing around high up, as well as just in general to help get around, driller is pretty much as accessible as gunner, but if there are dirt sections that need to be drilled, you're generally the person to do that (though that's also pretty obvious if you're sticking with the group, they'll generally ping it or whatever). Gunner has the least responsibility, just killing stuff and occasionally use the wire traversal thing if you guys need to cross a chasm or are moving between elevations. But even then, there's generally a lot of overlap between abilities and there are multiple ways to do things. Like, you could rope up to something high up or drill up there, you can use engineer platforms to get the team across a chasm or drill a path on a side wall over. Probably the biggest utility thing is the scout flares, but even then, you can get by with regular flares and they mostly help with visibility in the ceiling area where the scout is messing around anyway.

Gnome-Interruptus
    I was reading some multi-player tips today and, holy shit, I forgot friendly fire is a thing.

Dunno what the first round in those waters would've been like without that reminder but, yeah, probably more than one person screaming WTF/OMG/GTFO while I'm all:

b3b2yubuviri.png

Karoz
    I haven't found driller easy to learn, personally. Primaries are all pretty limited range, and focus less on direct damage and more on DoTs and CC. Also has less in the way of "oh shit" buttons than the other classes.

cB557 wrote: »
    I haven't found driller easy to learn, personally. Primaries are all pretty limited range, and focus less on direct damage and more on DoTs and CC. Also has less in the way of "oh shit" buttons than the other classes.

I never really found range to be an issue since pretty much everything comes to you. And the driller pistol is amazing for long range stuff.

Netscape
    edited October 2022
    Are you guys still playing? Just got home from work

If not, maybe tomorrow. I even submitted myself to Karoz's trap

Fencingsax on

I never really found range to be an issue since pretty much everything comes to you. And the driller pistol is amazing for long range stuff.

Macterra, spitters, and menaces can be problems. You're generally not gonna be lacking in glyhids to spray, yeah, but it's still nice to be able to engage them from further away from their teeth.

Macterra, spitters, and menaces can be problems. You're generally not gonna be lacking in glyhids to spray, yeah, but it's still nice to be able to engage them from further away from their teeth.

The pistol is great for it. Good damage, accuracy, and fire rate.

Thegreatcow
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited October 2022
    Wrong thread. Rock and Stone!!!

Casual Eddy on
    Stabbity Style
    God aggressive venting is such a good overclock. Better DPS, makes the weapon a bit more reliable, some decent crowd control, a little bit of ammo efficiency, and it's even a bit stylish. Make it hard to play with anything else once you're using to popping a fear AoE every two seconds.

Are you guys still playing? Just got home from work

If not, maybe tomorrow. I even submitted myself to Karoz's trap

Lol we can play any time right now, I'm available

• StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    I'm down for being added as a friend to do some deep rock when I have the time.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
    Karoz
  • ThegreatcowThegreatcow Lord of All Bacons Washington State - It's Wet up here innit? Registered User regular
    I'm still so jazzed that the PS launch of DRG used such an incredible epic Fan Made Deep Rock Shanty. I just stumbled across it today and I can't stop listening to this thing good lord.

https://youtu.be/3N88MUdWxyQ

https://youtu.be/5eUzjWeLU80

Definitely worth Rockin and Stonin' to!

FencingsaxKaroz
    edited November 2022
    I was hopeful that the 'new equipment' for dealing with the infected spikes would be part of your loadout to start and would only pop out if you hit the right number (like 5 for dropping resupply pods) but - alas. Has to be called down and either the spray or clean up gun drop to the ground when you flip to something in your loadout or - in the case of solo players - the laser pointer to order BOSCO to suck up the foam.

Also ran into a problem on one spike where I could not find the last blister to save my life and had to Abort. Hopeful that's a one-off and not a thing going forward.

Edit: looks to be a one off - other runs have gone okay.

The Judge on
    Looks like they are doing a free weekend and discount on the game? Never a better time to get your friends to rock and stone.

The JudgeNetscape
  • jalokjalok Registered User regular
    Picked this up during the sale. Pretty fun so far, though can get pretty busy visually during the swarms. Forgot all about the perk panel; had 35ish points ready when I remembered it was a thing.

KarozThe JudgecB557Trajan45Gnome-InterruptusThegreatcowCantidoDoodmann