As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Deep Rock Galactic.... Space Dwarves!

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    I play 50/50 solo/party. It’s still fun solo.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Roadmap Update
    Roadmap Update
    Update 29 in March, 1.0 launch info and beyond
    Hello Miners!

As promised yesterday, we have an updated Roadmap for you, and it should hopefully help answer most of the burning questions you might have!

Right now, we're laser-focused on getting Deep Rock Galactic ready for the actual 1.0 launch sometime during Q2 2020. During this time, we'll be revisiting old systems in need of some well-deserved love, as well getting the game polished to a mirror shine. Update 28 started a lot of this, with the much-discussed Perk Rework, as well as the first batch of improvements to the Space Rig and its overall layout. And with the separation of Weapon Skins into Paintjobs and Frameworks, we also gave all Dwarves many more options in terms of expressing their personality through the looks of their weapons. These are key themes that you will continue seeing as we get the game prepared for 1.0.

Before we're ready to hit the big switch and launch 1.0, we will squeeze in one more update - Update 29. It will feature a lot of under-the-hood optimization and improvements, but more visibly it will see more work done to the Space Rig, a much needed graphical overhaul of the trusty old Drop Pod, and a full visual customization system for your pickaxes. AND, hallelujah, we're finally getting in proper item icons for all your phat lewt!

Update 29 will also bring a new and improved Greenbeard experience, with a brand new tutorial flow, and handy contextual hints. And of interest for any dwarf regardless of experience, we will also see the introduction of the Miner's Manual - an ingame repository of information about all kinds of Deep Rock Galactic related things.

And finally, Update 29 will also include another Weapon Balance pass, touching on many of the issues both we and yourselves have brought up regarding certain weapons.
    lc3hywupqcnb.png

After 29, we will be officially heading into launch. The Launch Update will not introduce any major new features, but it will still include some pretty tasty things. Apart from a whole lot more bugfixes and optimizations, it will expand the game's soundtrack with almost an hour more of synthy goodness, and it will enable a whole bunch of new Promotion Ranks and associated rewards.
    zfkgnhx1zye3.png

And beyond that - well - depending on the reception of the game upon launch, the sky is more or less the limit. We have a stack of new things we'd like in the game stretching almost to our ceiling, based both on our own wishes and those voiced by our frankly awesome fanbase. The work you're putting in to assist us in making DRG the best game it can
    be remains absolutely priceless.

One thing we KNOW we will focus on right after launch, however, is a return to the real meat and bones of the gameplay. We've devoted a ton of necessary work on fleshing out the game's surrounding systems for a long time now, but it's high time we turn our eyes back on the caves themselves. You can at the very least expect more Mission Types after launch, since that's something we rate very very highly on our list of wishes. And once we know a bit more, we will of course update you guys in our usual ways - blog posts, roadmaps, and so forth.

So until then, keep the bullets flying, the blood and ideas flowing, and we shall get back to you again very soon!

Rock and Stone!
    The Ghost Ship Crew

We're in the countdown to release.

Ghost Ship continues to impress.

Karoz on
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Reddaye wrote: »
    This is on sale and I'm tempted to buy it. Is it decent to play solo, or best experienced in coop? Sometimes if I don't have buddies on I still like to play these games solo if it's not too much of a hair pulling experience.

@Reddaye Why not just try it. It's a free weekend on steam.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    ReddayeReddaye Registered User regular
    Reddaye wrote: »
    This is on sale and I'm tempted to buy it. Is it decent to play solo, or best experienced in coop? Sometimes if I don't have buddies on I still like to play these games solo if it's not too much of a hair pulling experience.

@Reddaye Why not just try it. It's a free weekend on steam.

I actually didn't know it was free to play this weekend until after I posted. I had only gotten an email that it was on sale.

Thanks for mentioning it, I do believe I'll give it a whirl. :biggrin:

• Options
    Glad to see they are re-working the tutorial. I didn't think it did a good enough job when I started. The manual might help this a lot as well.

Hope 1.0 launch is successful. I'd love to see new mission types, additional customization's for armor and weapons, as well as limited use items. Just like the BET-C, I'd love to see a limited ammo super mini gun, laser cannon's, rocket launchers, and such. Either have them laying around or find a call down button that is single use.

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    And after trying the game for a few hours. Not my thing. I really don't like the mining part (once I'm close enough to a rockface to mine I lose all sense of scale and direction). Would probably have liked it more as a VR or "over-the-shoulder" perspective.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    I finally got my brother to play a game of this. For some reason he really wanted to use a controller (he loves controllers) so I sat there with the controller mapping on my phone while guiding him online.

We failed a Lvl 2 mission because the Escape Pod was unusually far away and he got motion sickness during the dash, but he still enjoyed it.

I got him to play something that's not Overwatch!*

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    And after trying the game for a few hours. Not my thing. I really don't like the mining part (once I'm close enough to a rockface to mine I lose all sense of scale and direction). Would probably have liked it more as a VR or "over-the-shoulder" perspective.

You could send Bosco to do all the mining. Get it the faster mining skill and it’s way faster than a player.

• Options
    Man, leveling up a new class is kind of painful once you're used to playing a high level scout all the time.

• Options
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Man, leveling up a new class is kind of painful once you're used to playing a high level scout all the time.

It would be nice to get an exp boost for other classes once you prestige one.

But since they play pretty differently I appreciate needing to level up each one.

Unlike Vermintide 2.

• Options
    Yeah while painful, it's a different kind of fun. Figuring out how to best play another class is interesting. The scout is just so good solo, zipping around for secondary objectives and having super flares. Trying to level the engineer right now and his PGL hits like a wet noodle. Also takes forever to build platforms to get to 1 secondary objective. But comboing his lure with turret has been working well and his shotgun is pretty good.

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »

It would be nice to get an exp boost for other classes once you prestige one.

But since they play pretty differently I appreciate needing to level up each one.

Unlike Vermintide 2.

The vermintide characters had vastly different play styles. The grinding process just vastly overstayed its welcome and character strength was too heavily tied to level.

Once you have the hang of the game, you can easily jump into haz 3 or 4 with a brand new level 1 dwarf. You can't really do the same in vermintide.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    What upgrades do folks grab for the Engineer? Do you go armor tear on the shotgun and CC on the GL? or vice versa? For the turret I've been going max ammo pretty much. But the AP option seems nice since they waste ammo on praetorians right now.

• Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    What upgrades do folks grab for the Engineer? Do you go armor tear on the shotgun and CC on the GL? or vice versa? For the turret I've been going max ammo pretty much. But the AP option seems nice since they waste ammo on praetorians right now.

For the turret I like single turret, full damage spec w/ armor piercing . & AOE Size and damage for the GL. Haven't used the shotgun in forever since i unlocked the SMG though so I have no idea there.

steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    https://store.steampowered.com/news/?appids=548430

Update 29! Lots of cool things, cosmetics on pick axe and armor. Some much needed buffs for some weapons (we'll see how well they did). I'm hoping the SMG buffs are good, leveling up an engineer I really like it but it's inaccurate as hell lol.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    That is a good change, though I originally chalked it up to the base gun model having a second hand grip that the engi refused to use.

:lol:

I'll have to check this out today.

Edit: COSMETICS HAVE A PREVIEW ICON NOW!

Hell yes! No more guessing if this forge item is good or not!

Karoz on
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    I just promoted my first character a few days ago. Been playing this a lot with some friends, we are really enjoying it. We did our first deep dive and almost got the 45 minute completion.

Also really looking forward to the new updates. Gonna hope on after work.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Tested out my engineer. Boy, that's like night and day. The SMG is now a proper long range weapon. With the accuracy mod, short bursts were pretty straight on, which is great. The Breach Cutter... man they might have gone too far the other way now lol. With full damage and triple line, 1 shot kills a predator coming at you. If you hit it from the side it takes 2 shots.

Other things I noticed:

1) they removed mods from my weapons and did not refund me materials, which kind of sucked. I was already low on some minerals.
    2) New UI stuff is great. When shocked a large icon comes up like when your on fire or frozen.
    3) Love the new dialog lines. Had one when my steeve died haha.
    4) I think they may have re-balanced the difficult level? Hard to tell in 1 mission, but I had more Grunt Guard's and more Glyphids in general. But hardly any praetorian on Hazard 2. Only praetorian's showed up when I was waiting for extraction.
    5) Love the new cosmetic interface.

Trajan45 on
  • Options
    Main complaint is even on 100% mouse sensitivity, aiming feels sluggish unless I turn up the sensitivity setting on my mouse.

I know I got some amount of refunds from stuff and could buy a few more.

Needed to slot in some upgrades on some weapons for what has changed.

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2li04wn7U4k

Me when I don't pick up Dark Morkite beer and each phase of the Deep Dive has morkite.

I really have to salute them with the voice call outs cause the chaos of combat and just running around I don't always know if my stuff has recharged or reloaded from the perk so the latest update has fixed that.

They also are doing a survey with about 3 questions that can be accessed in game so help them collect info.

• Options
    I kept getting pinged with the cave leach is about to grab you sound and graphic and couldn't understand.

Ends up it also does it for the sand shark.

And that perk can get you out of the clutches of the sand shark!

It's become one of my fav perks though very niche.

• Options
    Anyone want to help my two friends and me beat the mission to open lethal? We are 1 in already but we keep getting wrecked in the current mission.

We are planning on jumping in to dig tonight in a few hours.

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• Options
    We just did our first deep dive. That was fun, though random. The first time we got 3 rounds of swarmer swarms and it just overwhelmed us. 2nd time, not a single swarmer swarm but 3 bulk detonators.

Got a ton more overclocks now. Carpet Bomber for the Thunderhead is fun as hell. Breach cutter continues to be insane. I was able to solo a bulk detonator using only 1 clip with it.

• Options
    stopgapstopgap Registered User regular
    I fell down the dwarven mining hole some time ago, would love to play with PA folks.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
  • Options
    Genji-GlovesGenji-Gloves Registered User regular
    I have a been playing this solo and with a friend in spells over the last month. Had it forever on Early Access and fired it up recently.

So far Scout and Driller both over lvl 10. It’s a lot of fun and makes for some nice chilled gaming.

Highly recommend for some co-op shenanigans!

• Options
    That trailer does a great job of setting the basics for each class.

I still need to retry the tutorial to see how well they improved it.

So happy for them releasing, I really wish them the best with release. One of the best coop games out there right now.

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Just started playing it due to @Rius and crew needing a fourth, and got my Gunner licence last night for the two barrel cannon.

It's a blast and super polished, and a great game all around with how complete it feels. Not just a mission spam, you got interesting progression, coop, hella fun lobby, etc. Not just fun gameplay, which is definitely fun.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    There are even more trailers. They had a trailer submission contest. Here's 12th place and counting. They release a new one each day.
    https://youtu.be/OxQNPMMhC7E

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    I just got this game on steam. I'm attempting to recruit some friends too!

Game looks really good.

• Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    This game is a ton of fun. I have some trouble sometimes with figuring out where to go, some combination of the art style / procedurally generates environments / lighting system / 3D map just won’t translate in my brain to a sense of spatial awareness. Usually I just play gunner since at least I can provide SOME value to my team by mowing down hordes of insects.

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    A tip: if you bring out your laser pointer and do a long press, you'll create a personal way point that only you can see. That can be useful to keep yourself oriented with a point of interest like a supply crate or a mineral vein that you are drilling to.

The way point will persist until you make a new one.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    Zooming out the minimap also helps a ton (I didn't realize you could do this right away).

Plus, you can hit spacebar to automatically turn your dorf when your minimap is open. It's a big help when trying to find the correct tunnel to run to during an escape, but also saves some time just going through the dirt connecting walls/digging for eggs.

• Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    I know the fuzzy dice don't have any effect....

but rolling double skulls is totally bad luck. My group has an 80% chance that someone dies in the first 30 seconds when someone sees double skulls.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Ratsult2 wrote: »

but rolling double skulls is totally bad luck. My group has an 80% chance that someone dies in the first 30 seconds when someone sees double skulls.

What dice?

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Darmak wrote: »

What dice?

They added a set in the dropship that you can slap for good luck.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »
    Darmak wrote: »

What dice?

They added a set in the dropship that you can slap for good luck.

Oh fuck yeah, gonna slap some fuzzy dice tonight!

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    I need some people to run with, my friends aren't really feeling the game anymore so I've been playing solo. Add me on steam if you want to play!

Steam name is DoublePitstoChesty and my friend code is: 19684666

• Options
    1.0 is live and the devs are streaming the new inventory!

• Options
    Looks like new vanity items based on rank which is fun.

"We have added a separate volume slider for Mission Control. Don’t tell Management!" - Yes! About time. This will be very useful for Mule missions.