As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Deep Rock Galactic.... Space Dwarves!

• BloodycowBloodycow Registered User regular
    I'm having a blast playing this. I got my scout up to 21 in a couple of days.

I bought this when it first hit steam a long time ago, but couldn't really get into it back then. Then I seen that they hit 1.0 and gave it another shot. God, I'm glad I did. This is the most fun I've had all year.

" I am a warrior, so that my son may be a merchant, so that his son may be a poet.”
    ― John Quincy Adams
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Any promoted dwarves out there? I just hit mine last night on Gunner and gonna try a Deep Dive tonight with @Rius our other crew aren't quite there yet I believe.

OrokosPA.png
  • TierwulfTierwulf Registered User regular
    Infidel wrote: »
    Any promoted dwarves out there? I just hit mine last night on Gunner and gonna try a Deep Dive tonight with @Rius our other crew aren't quite there yet I believe.

Promoted Scout here. I'm down if you have room.

Teknotier on PSN

www.twitch.tv/Teknotier
    In the meantime, I'll be trying to master this:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/TangibleMisguidedGreendarnerdragonfly-mobile.mp4

No luck so far except on sandstone and I've been randomly trying it for a couple of days :/ I'm wondering if it's something specced into the power attack.

Teknotier on PSN

www.twitch.tv/Teknotier
  • TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    Tierwulf wrote: »

Got a time? I'm a maybe but I'll see who's online when I can.

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills

No luck so far except on sandstone and I've been randomly trying it for a couple of days :/ I'm wondering if it's something specced into the power attack.

Innnnnnteresting. I am thinking of going Scout for my second promote.

Add me for diggy diggy hole: https://steamcommunity.com/id/xinfidelx

OrokosPA.png
      TimFiji wrote: »

Flexible here but not sure.

OrokosPA.png
    • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular

Flexible here but not sure.

I got a promoted engineer, and occasionally working on a digger. I work 7am-7pm Central and am usually able to play games around 8:30ish. I'm off tomorrow and Wednesday, however, and have no plans other than some early morning D&D on Wednesday.

JtgVX0H.png
    • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
      All my Dwarves are promoted. I might be on tonight.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
      ... oh wow, with Iron Will supposedly if you grab health before the timer is up you don't go down again.

Teknotier on PSN

www.twitch.tv/Teknotier
    • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular

Damn that's awesome. There's an upgrade for power attack that makes it affect a larger area, maybe that's the key?

Rius wrote: »

Damn that's awesome. There's an upgrade for power attack that makes it affect a larger area, maybe that's the key?

I was actually trying it with that. Maybe I'm just swinging too late.

Teknotier on PSN

www.twitch.tv/Teknotier
    • BloodycowBloodycow Registered User regular
      edited May 2020
      Add me to your guy's friends list for more Rock and Stone!

Bloodycow on
      " I am a warrior, so that my son may be a merchant, so that his son may be a poet.”
      ― John Quincy Adams
      ... oh wow, with Iron Will supposedly if you grab health before the timer is up you don't go down again.

Yep, if you go Iron Will you take vampire.

Get a power attack in on a grunt and you're self-rezzed! If you can survive still.

OrokosPA.png
    • KarozKaroz Registered User regular
      edited May 2020
      You just need any dwarf prestiged in order to access deep dives. Basic deep dives are doable on any level character while elite deep dives you need to be on top of your game and then some.

If you need a slot filled I should be around, gotta eat dinner at some point though.

Karoz on
    • Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
      edited May 2020
      I should have my gunner promoted within a day or so, my friend has a driller already level 25 hes just waiting for me to catch up before he promotes. We would probably be interested in some deep dives!

edit: steam ID Al-Wat

Al_wat on
      I added a couple of you.

• General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
        Karoz wrote: »
        You just need any dwarf prestiged in order to access deep dives. Basic deep dives are doable on any level character while elite deep dives you need to be on top of your game and then some.

If you need a slot filled I should be around, gotta eat dinner at some point though.

Is this a recent change? That's a good one then. Back around Christmas the dwarf in question needed to be prestiged to participate in deep dives.

If the wiki is correct, Deep Dive difficulty progresses from Haz 3->Has 3.5->Has 3.5 (I could have sworn it stepped up to 4, but maybe it changed. I'm trusting the current wiki)

Elite Deep Dive difficulty progresses from 4.5->5.0->5.5

Ofcourse, for both deep dives there are the level mutators that come into play so things can be made more challenging by the addition of a mactera swarm or something. The advantage at least is that you generally have a surplus of nitra going into the later waves.

3DS Friend Code:
        Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
        I'm Teknotier on Steam.

Teknotier on PSN

www.twitch.tv/Teknotier
        Gonna get something together in like 10 minutes. Have Gunner and Engineer.

OrokosPA.png
        I will host a private game. Steam is Archpriest.

Cool, disconnected as the drop pod was descending at the end of stage 1 of the deep dive, and it wouldn't let me reconnect

My friend was having some disconnect issues lately and he's been playing for months without them. I wonder if there isn't some infrastructure stuff getting hit on 1.0.

I added folks who have their steam id's listed.

Cool, disconnected as the drop pod was descending at the end of stage 1 of the deep dive, and it wouldn't let me reconnect

Yeah this sucked. Fun overall, but crap you couldn't rejoin your deep dive that you started with us.

Thanks for joining us nonetheless, first deep dive complete!

OrokosPA.png

Yeah this sucked. Fun overall, but crap you couldn't rejoin your deep dive that you started with us.

I finished soloing it, so it's done for this week at least. We should all try the harder Deep Dive tonight!

• YiliasYilias Registered User regular
            The 2nd level of EDD is quite hard. Shield Disruption and Mactera Swarm, plus there's a humongous room filled with explosive plants and Naedocyte Breeders.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
            I haven't played many EDD's, but the worst map that I played on was an extremely vertical point extraction map with low oxygen. It was the lava zone biome, and the mining platform was on top of a lava geyser. Every few seconds lava would spurt up through the floor of the mining platform.

3DS Friend Code:
            I haven't played many EDD's, but the worst map that I played on was an extremely vertical point extraction map with low oxygen. It was the lava zone biome, and the mining platform was on top of a lava geyser. Every few seconds lava would spurt up through the floor of the mining platform.

This sounds fantastic

edited May 2020
            I forgot to mention that the mining platform was at the bottom of the map in a roughly mining platform sized pit.

fs4rwzfj081b.jpg

I didn't clear that EDD. The next map was a mactera swarm, and the hellish point extract left me too drained on nitra to have good footing to go into the next mission. I think at least two bulk detonators hit me during this mission.

General_Armchair on
            3DS Friend Code:
            I'm on for anyone that wants to join, Teknotier on Steam.

Teknotier on PSN

www.twitch.tv/Teknotier
            O2 is the worst warning mutator. Ghost is just annoying, so I avoid it most of the time. Especially on maps with smaller tunnels or morkite missions.

At least O2 fills up faster than when it was introduced, but it does put a crimp in the usual "run off and explore" mentality.

Karoz wrote: »
            At least O2 fills up faster than when it was introduced, but it does put a crimp in the usual "run off and explore" mentality.

It's just rough since on Molly missions, the AI can be finicky and staying near Molly isn't always easy. For Point Extractions, it's not as bad if you can time your refill drops for different parts of the map.

• CantidoCantido Registered User regular
            edited May 2020
            In playing for a year I had never seen anything like this. I asked the scout to fire super flares for this screenshot. Its a big hollow canyon filled with spherical hills. I had no idea where to stand my ground during swarms.
            100050986_10158445946284516_1240777319799324672_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=HKCXwT7SAeAAX-UJLTZ&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=b129513b77ee4bf10e3b8889ac1b95a6&oe=5EF09FB1

If my ziplines seem wack, I was simply that clueless where to put them. This was a truly overwhelming area.

Cantido on
            3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
            Just had two crassus detonator missions in a row. Both started solo (first one finished as solo and couldn't be bothered to get the gold) just trying to get assignments done.

Teknotier on PSN

www.twitch.tv/Teknotier
            Those are some of my most memorable moments in the game where everything is going smoothly and then the ground is literally take away from you with a whole new cavern you have never seen before.

• LeumasWhiteLeumasWhite New ZealandRegistered User regular
            Hunkered down for a swarm in a nice tunnel corner where I could see everything coming. Was wondering where the bugs were when the floor disappeared, because a detonator apparently spawned in a tunnel I hadn't seen yet and took the direct route. Falling into a pit with just enough space for me and the explodey boy was a bit of a shock.

QPPHj1J.jpg
          • Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
            Why is it when you play with class unlocked in multiplayer, you always get scouts, and they are always bad

every

fucking

time

Al_wat wrote: »
            Why is it when you play with class unlocked in multiplayer, you always get scouts, and they are always bad

every

fucking

time

It's like every Kerillian I've played with in Vermintide.