As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MLB] The Stove is HOT

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular

How very Mets. I used to like her too.

• JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    i want the commissioner to walk out on astros home opening day with a giant asterisk and just set it down on the pitchers mound facing the center field camera, walk away without saying anything

it has to stay there for the entire season, if anyone touches it they get a 80 game suspension

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    A brief adventure in Posting

A man who is definitely not Carlos Beltran makes posts defending Carlos

And then, over the last day:

Could just be a guy pretending to be a Beltran burner, right?

And then

xjlceiw2pa6x.png

• expendableexpendable Silly Goose Registered User regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »

Shamelessly stolen: This is the 2nd time Beltran getting caught looking has screwed the Mets.

Regarding burner accounts: there's been a lot of them out there lately and I'm inclined to believe they're all fake. Beltran, Hosmer, Jessica Mendoza, and some fourth one I'm forgetting right now. Beltran's was possibly the most initially believable initially because the name wasn't something like his initials and number, but the damn account was created just a day or two ago so I'm calling fake again.

Djiem wrote: »
    Lokiamis wrote: »
    So the servers suddenly decide to cramp up during the last six percent.
    Man, the Director will really go out of his way to be a dick to L4D players.
    Steam
    Jasconius wrote: »
    i want the commissioner to walk out on astros home opening day with a giant asterisk and just set it down on the pitchers mound facing the center field camera, walk away without saying anything

it has to stay there for the entire season, if anyone touches it they get a 80 game suspension

Instead of a rosin bag, Astros pitchers get a warm bag of dog doo.

• eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    All these managerial openings make me so glad the Angels signed Joe Maddon early in the offseason.

(She/Her)
    expendable wrote: »

Shamelessly stolen: This is the 2nd time Beltran getting caught looking has screwed the Mets.

Regarding burner accounts: there's been a lot of them out there lately and I'm inclined to believe they're all fake. Beltran, Hosmer, Jessica Mendoza, and some fourth one I'm forgetting right now. Beltran's was possibly the most initially believable initially because the name wasn't something like his initials and number, but the damn account was created just a day or two ago so I'm calling fake again.

Consider though: this is the Mets we're talking about

There are tweets circulating from a locked account apparently belonging to Beltran's niece saying that at least on one occasion, Altuve and Bregman wore devices inside their uniforms that buzzed with a signal from the hallway video guy

I'm not posting them here because they screenshots of a locked account with the usernames visible

There are tweets circulating from a locked account apparently belonging to Beltran's niece saying that at least on one occasion, Altuve and Bregman wore devices inside their uniforms that buzzed with a signal from the hallway video guy

I'm not posting them here because they screenshots of a locked account with the usernames visible

its ok i did it for you

bring on the bregman ban please. please lord, put this guy out of baseball for at least a season

If Altuve and Bregmen get banned for the season, increased chances of seeing the Astros go first to last and I love it. The punishments so far haven't been harsh enough for the cheating involved in this and anyone complicit needs to be made an example of.

(She/Her)
    I'm pretty much ok with a lifetime ban if they actually did the buzzer thing. Screw em.

expendable wrote: »

Consider though: this is the Mets we're talking about

I will lolmets with the best of them, but the Mets haven't actually done anything wrong here. We mustn't dilute lolmets, as the Mets are already dangerously close to doing that themselves.

Steam
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Damn, I always liked Altuve

edited January 2020
    if they find that Bregman, the strutting preening little shit that he is, was wearing a buzzer the whole time telling him exactly what pitch was coming before the wind-up

then assuming he somehow doesn't get banned, he should be wearing some extra padding on his ribs for pretty much the rest of his career

Jasconius on
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    This whole thing has gone a lot of places I can't say I expected.

I thought this was just going to blow over originally.

This whole thing has gone a lot of places I can't say I expected.

I thought this was just going to blow over originally.

I'm glad it hasn't. Gotta feel bad for the Dodgers now, they lost back to back world series against cheating teams.

(She/Her)
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    There are also rumors that up to eight other teams did similar things. Specifically remember the Brewers and Rangers getting mentioned

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Ah, the only thing worse than cheating. Cheating and still not doing very well.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    hey I think we know why Josh Reddick was suddenly hitting .400 out of nowhere

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    hey I think we know why Josh Reddick was suddenly hitting .400 out of nowhere

Was it those guns?

Interesting... Apparently in 2017 they replaced Evan Gattis with a sophisticated Android that shot radiation into the legs of opposing batters to weaken them!

• The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Think Reddick just had tape over the tattoo.

The altuve "don't rip my jersey" thing as he's approaching home plate after the Chapman homer, however . . .

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
    The Judge wrote: »

The altuve "don't rip my jersey" thing as he's approaching home plate after the Chapman homer, however . . .

I'm not saying it has anything to do with cheating but it does look like a wire taped to his chest.

• The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
    edited January 2020

I'm not saying it has anything to do with cheating but it does look like a wire taped to his chest.

yeah i've seen alternate theories... its confetti and a necklace! (that runs into his shirt in a straight line??)

he's miced for the interview! (literally holding a microphone in his hand)

Jasconius on
    Jasconius wrote: »

yeah i've seen alternate theories... its confetti and a necklace! (that runs into his shirt in a straight line??)

he's miced for the interview! (literally holding a microphone in his hand)

Steam
    That is NOT a necklace!

• NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    There are also rumors that up to eight other teams did similar things. Specifically remember the Brewers and Rangers getting mentioned

I’ve seen the Dodgers named in a few other places enough times to not feel sorry for them.

If anything, it looks like a ton of teams were cheating, the Astros were just the most obvious ones.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
    Altuve was putting swings on 2-2 fastballs against the Rays that looked like he was doing a photo shoot

he was never more certain of anything in his life that a Cy Young pitcher was going to put a fastball exactly where he wanted it in the pivotal moment of a tied game

after the game he handed out lotto numbers and they all won! he's just that good!

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    nobody has accused the Cubs of stealing signs this way, to my knowledge, mostly I assume because the evidence definitely suggests they have very little idea than an off-speed pitch is coming ever

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I just imagine at some point the mariners will get roped into this cheating scandal, because as previous steroid bans have shown, the mariners cheat but suck at it.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited January 2020
    Can we lolmets at them asking Beltran to stay on as manager?

Never mind. I got that backwards. He asked to remain on as manager and they told him no

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    That's definitely a necklace in the Reddick pic, it pretty clearly lines up with the other part of the silver chain wrapping around from his right side of his neck.

Like, I'm all for laughing at the Astros, but alot of this stuff today feels like typical whack ass Reddit/Twitter wannabe detectives.

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
    edited January 2020
    ph blake wrote: »
    That's definitely a necklace in the Reddick pic, it pretty clearly lines up with the other part of the silver chain wrapping around from his right side of his neck.

Like, I'm all for laughing at the Astros, but alot of this stuff today feels like typical whack ass Reddit/Twitter wannabe detectives.

I don't know. It's pretty clear that Scott Brosius's son knows all about how Mike Trout takes HGH for his thyroid condition.

Maximum on
This discussion has been closed.