As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Ol' Boob Tube Variety Hour Spectacular: Featuring Frasier!!!

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    While the handmaid's tale isn't streaming over here, I found another Atwood adaption on Netflix, Alias Grace.

Seems interesting so far. Men are assholes in this, too.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Sounds like The Venture Bros will be returning this summer instead of November like originally reported

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    "Amos, I'm sorry. I've been wrong all this time, and you were right."

What!? This isn't the Murder, She Wrote I signed up for!

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Hopefully its not another half season, the last bit of venture brothers feels....incomplete

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Also stop putting plot centric episodes in the special features list. Just put them in the episode list where they occur chronologically! Who cares if it wasn't aired as an official episode!

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Hopefully its not another half season, the last bit of venture brothers feels....incomplete

I'm pretty sure it will be. Sounds like that's the only way they can get anything released

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Yeah, the first few episodes of season 2 I was like, oh, he's not here anymore, because i was binging it. After that i totally forgot he had ever existed.

The show does too. Theres an episode where they look for a Park design even though he'd given one to Leslie before he left.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    I wonder if this is gonna be another special that wraps up season 6 like All This & Gargantua-2 did for season 5

I hope so, because All This & Gargantua-2 is easily my favorite Venture Bros episode, big extra-length finales are where that show shines brightest

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Oh hey, it looks like I missed a season of Venture Bros a couple years back. That's a bit of an unexpected treat!

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Oh hey, it looks like I missed a season of Venture Bros a couple years back. That's a bit of an unexpected treat!

It's really good!

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    As short as season 6 was, I still really really enjoyed it

the Blue Morpho stuff was really fun, Clancy Brown's Red Death character ruled, and I will link to the Christopher Lambert section literally every time he comes up which is...infrequently

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Clancy brown rules in general. It sucks the seasons have to be so far apart but they're so fucking good on the balance. Think Tank is a top five throwaway character.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm like 3 seasons behind because I didn't live in a country I could stream it in until recently, and then I forgot about it.

... I should get on that.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    The nice thing about Venture Bros is that I feel like I haven't watched it in about a decade and I think I'm only like a season behind

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I just found a box of my Venture Bros action figures and shirt of the week club shirts. Seems like I got them so long ago.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Drunk history is good.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    so has anybody else checked out this New Legends of Monkey show on Netflix

it's pretty delightful

• Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    Looks like Amazon has picked the expanse up from cancelation hell.

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    They're really buying up all the sci fi.

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular

It has to be better than the Saved by the Bell board game, right? @Rorshach Kringle

• Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    From what I’ve heard it’s actually a pretty solid Mafia/Cry Wolf type of game.

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i have been inundated by people showing me that murder, she wrote game.

i am so glad my brand is that strong.

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    i have been inundated by people showing me that murder, she wrote game.

i am so glad my brand is that strong.

When you gonna get on that Diagnosis: Murder tip?

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    I went to the premiere of the Sense8 series finale in Chicago last night with my wife and brother. Before the movie we got to meet Lana Wachowski, Tom Tykwer, Aleksander Hemon and the actors who played Will, Amanita, Wolfgang, Dani, Capheus, Bug, Rajan and Amanita's mom. They were all very nice and gracious about posing for pictures with everyone, but Lana, Tom and Freema (Amanita) really talked with us at length and it was great.

I loved the finale, but my experience was certainly colored by watching it with a very emotional, cheering and laughing crowd of superfans. There are several metric tons of fanservice packed into it, to a point that would occasionally make my eyes roll. But, season 2 already had plenty of fanservice moments and Lana very clearly wanted to give fans everything they wanted in this finale, and to give the characters the kind of moments she would have eventually if the show had been allowed to run longer. Lots of satisfying conclusions and some really great laugh moments that I look forward to being able to discuss with people.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    It would honestly be difficult to be worse than the Saved By the Bell board game

• Options
    Man, the alienist is the most unsubtle show. Also of course the serial killer is portrayed as stereotypically gay.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    There is a Murder She Wrote marathon on right now. Which of you secretly works for the Hallmark Channel?

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    There is a Murder She Wrote marathon on right now. Which of you secretly works for the Hallmark Channel?

u2g1fahi5rse.gif

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    edited May 2018
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    watching westworld, and it has a common tv trope that drives me mad, the totally inept soldiers
    I love how totally inept the security response is. I mean I get that theres some sort of corporate espionage conspiracy quarantine going on and theyre not sending everyone, but surely if they wanted IP having their security go in on foot with p90s in groups of like 5 isnt the best way to go about it. Hmm, how should we navigate an island of thousands of armed killbots? Maybe give our guys shitty sub machine guns which dont have much of an effect unless you brain the hosts, and have them go on foot in the open in big stupid rows to get gun downed and ambushed.

Sir, should we maybe have sniper rifles, artillery, attack helicopters, and if not tanks then at the very least armoured vehicles? No soldier, go in on foot with shitty guns like the stormtroopers you are! so thats a no on any drone strikes sir?

I mean I get theres kinda sort of a story reason, but it drove me mad in episode 4. Its the fucking future, give some of these poor saps a minigun

I get that its meant to be a kinda sorta dystopia but I have to believe people would be kind of pissed at the company who owned the park for this and there would be consequences to basically going "fuck the rich and powerful guests we have to save our property"

I know this is a silly quibble, it tends to happen on lots of shows where they just handwave away the complete ineptitude in order to keep the suspense going.

Prohass on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Finished S5 of B99. I am positively glowing after that finale, what a great episode.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Finished S5 of B99. I am positively glowing after that finale, what a great episode.

I hope they shot the credits scene after they realized they'd been renewed, because man, if it was cancelled on THAT I'd have been pretty furious.

• Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    Binged the entirety of B99 over the past 2 1/2 weeks. I've loved it all, but the bit I still am losing my shit over a week later is Hitchcock's tattoo.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    Ketar wrote: »
    I went to the premiere of the Sense8 series finale in Chicago last night with my wife and brother. Before the movie we got to meet Lana Wachowski, Tom Tykwer, Aleksander Hemon and the actors who played Will, Amanita, Wolfgang, Dani, Capheus, Bug, Rajan and Amanita's mom. They were all very nice and gracious about posing for pictures with everyone, but Lana, Tom and Freema (Amanita) really talked with us at length and it was great.

I loved the finale, but my experience was certainly colored by watching it with a very emotional, cheering and laughing crowd of superfans. There are several metric tons of fanservice packed into it, to a point that would occasionally make my eyes roll. But, season 2 already had plenty of fanservice moments and Lana very clearly wanted to give fans everything they wanted in this finale, and to give the characters the kind of moments she would have eventually if the show had been allowed to run longer. Lots of satisfying conclusions and some really great laugh moments that I look forward to being able to discuss with people.

I don't understand how a second season of a show is fan servicey
    Don't they not have enough things to be fan serviced to yet

What I am saying is that the internet was a mistake

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Netflix has the live action version of Mob psycho 100.

Mob has expressions. Its weird

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    justifying this hbo subscription in a year without Game of Thrones is increasingly difficult.

hm. Oz and The Sopranos are both on the list. Which should I watch first?

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »
    justifying this hbo subscription in a year without Game of Thrones is increasingly difficult.

hm. Oz and The Sopranos are both on the list. Which should I watch first?

They're both pretty hard viewing occasionally, but I like The Sopranos the best out of those two.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    The Sopranos is so, so good.

GDdCWMm.jpg
This discussion has been closed.