As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Monster Hunter] World: New elder dragon event. Squad up!

1235799

Posts

  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    Elki wrote: »
    I’m going to use a hero steamstone to augment one of my glaives, probably the Nergi one. Is there any reason to not go health?
    I mean, Insect Glaive has some options for healing when it's unsheathed (Kinsect Green Essence, and also green clouds if you go that route). I don't think that healing while unsheathed is a priority for it. Lance and Gunlance greatly benefit, because the pack-up animation is so long, and you want to stay unsheathed and protected when you are using those. Switch Axe also has a long packing animation, so Health makes more sense for it.

    But it mostly just comes down to personal preference, in the end.

    I could never see aug'ing for health. That's admitting you'll get hit which is failure.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    pleasepaypreacher.net
  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Elki wrote: »
    I’m going to use a hero steamstone to augment one of my glaives, probably the Nergi one. Is there any reason to not go health?

    For a rarity 8 weapon? COuldn't hurt really, though I'm sure you'd kill things faster if you took Affinity or whatever

    I'm taking the health absorption if/when I get a hero streamstone for my hammer

    Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    Elki wrote: »
    I’m going to use a hero steamstone to augment one of my glaives, probably the Nergi one. Is there any reason to not go health?
    I mean, Insect Glaive has some options for healing when it's unsheathed (Kinsect Green Essence, and also green clouds if you go that route). I don't think that healing while unsheathed is a priority for it. Lance and Gunlance greatly benefit, because the pack-up animation is so long, and you want to stay unsheathed and protected when you are using those. Switch Axe also has a long packing animation, so Health makes more sense for it.

    But it mostly just comes down to personal preference, in the end.

    I could never see aug'ing for health. That's admitting you'll get hit which is failure.

    You enjoy that.

    I'll be over here healing through the chip damage and never sheathing.

    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    Unless you're some kind of speedrunner or really so good you never get hit then defensive skills are offensive skills.

    Whatever keeps you in the fight longer and not drinking, sharpening, whatever.

    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Entaru wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    Elki wrote: »
    I’m going to use a hero steamstone to augment one of my glaives, probably the Nergi one. Is there any reason to not go health?
    I mean, Insect Glaive has some options for healing when it's unsheathed (Kinsect Green Essence, and also green clouds if you go that route). I don't think that healing while unsheathed is a priority for it. Lance and Gunlance greatly benefit, because the pack-up animation is so long, and you want to stay unsheathed and protected when you are using those. Switch Axe also has a long packing animation, so Health makes more sense for it.

    But it mostly just comes down to personal preference, in the end.

    I could never see aug'ing for health. That's admitting you'll get hit which is failure.

    You enjoy that.

    I'll be over here healing through the chip damage and never sheathing.

    I'm sorry didn't you see my video earlier?

    https://xboxclips.com/JudasDubois/0c52717a-9bdf-42d9-a592-85cffd50f931

    I just drink because I'm thirsty don't even need to finish!

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    pleasepaypreacher.net
  • CalebrosCalebros a k a TimesNewPwnin Registered User regular
    .
    Elki wrote: »
    Calebros wrote: »
    fRAWRst wrote: »

    That's a whole lot of effort and math being done by people who forget that it doesn't matter if your weapon does more damage when attacking a post if in the real-world you bounce off of elder dragons because you only have Blue sharpness instead of White. Sacrificing damage because you bounced immediately covers the difference that like a 10 raw attack value difference would otherwise make.

    White sharpness doesn’t bounce off elders?

    Not sure if you're asking a question or expressing doubt but I'll assume you're asking and answer by saying no it doesn't, unless there are certain spots that would need Purple sharpness to eat through. Not 100% sure about every single part of every elder, some might still bounce on White, but I don't think so.

  • biscuitbutt81biscuitbutt81 Registered User regular
    Entaru wrote: »
    Unless you're some kind of speedrunner or really so good you never get hit then defensive skills are offensive skills.

    Whatever keeps you in the fight longer and not drinking, sharpening, whatever.

    Neither approach is wrong. I typically favor offensive abilities, but I’ll still stick some defensive stuff in my builds.

    Sometimes the corner horner hunting horn shit and pure support builds will annoy me, but ultimately any build is fine as long as everyone is having a good time.

  • CalebrosCalebros a k a TimesNewPwnin Registered User regular
    Entaru wrote: »
    Unless you're some kind of speedrunner or really so good you never get hit then defensive skills are offensive skills.

    Whatever keeps you in the fight longer and not drinking, sharpening, whatever.

    Neither approach is wrong. I typically favor offensive abilities, but I’ll still stick some defensive stuff in my builds.

    Sometimes the corner horner hunting horn shit and pure support builds will annoy me, but ultimately any build is fine as long as everyone is having a good time.

    I'd take a hunter who carts and takes 20 minutes to kill something but has a good attitude over someone who takes it too seriously and can clear it in 5 minutes any day

  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Calebros wrote: »
    Entaru wrote: »
    Unless you're some kind of speedrunner or really so good you never get hit then defensive skills are offensive skills.

    Whatever keeps you in the fight longer and not drinking, sharpening, whatever.

    Neither approach is wrong. I typically favor offensive abilities, but I’ll still stick some defensive stuff in my builds.

    Sometimes the corner horner hunting horn shit and pure support builds will annoy me, but ultimately any build is fine as long as everyone is having a good time.

    I'd take a hunter who carts and takes 20 minutes to kill something but has a good attitude over someone who takes it too seriously and can clear it in 5 minutes any day

    Not me, 5 minute guy is my bro, because I got monsters to hunt and he's got bicep curls to get to.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    pleasepaypreacher.net
  • fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    im easy

    like sunday morning

    J3qcnBP.png
  • fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    If they add in Transmog, I am wearing glasses all the time.

    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    Calebros wrote: »
    Entaru wrote: »
    Unless you're some kind of speedrunner or really so good you never get hit then defensive skills are offensive skills.

    Whatever keeps you in the fight longer and not drinking, sharpening, whatever.

    Neither approach is wrong. I typically favor offensive abilities, but I’ll still stick some defensive stuff in my builds.

    Sometimes the corner horner hunting horn shit and pure support builds will annoy me, but ultimately any build is fine as long as everyone is having a good time.

    I'd take a hunter who carts and takes 20 minutes to kill something but has a good attitude over someone who takes it too seriously and can clear it in 5 minutes any day
    Does the former make bad puns and cheesy jokes? This will make or break the choice.

    While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Besides at least on the xbox no one talks, we just all silently fail or succeed together. If someone is hardcore I have no idea.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Besides at least on the xbox no one talks, we just all silently fail or succeed together. If someone is hardcore I have no idea.
    I've had a few times where some of us were in party chat, and it was pretty hilarious.

    While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • CalebrosCalebros a k a TimesNewPwnin Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Le_Goat wrote: »
    Calebros wrote: »
    Entaru wrote: »
    Unless you're some kind of speedrunner or really so good you never get hit then defensive skills are offensive skills.

    Whatever keeps you in the fight longer and not drinking, sharpening, whatever.

    Neither approach is wrong. I typically favor offensive abilities, but I’ll still stick some defensive stuff in my builds.

    Sometimes the corner horner hunting horn shit and pure support builds will annoy me, but ultimately any build is fine as long as everyone is having a good time.

    I'd take a hunter who carts and takes 20 minutes to kill something but has a good attitude over someone who takes it too seriously and can clear it in 5 minutes any day
    Does the former make bad puns and cheesy jokes? This will make or break the choice.

    i partially retract my previous statement. i went up against Kushala for the first time with a friend who is not very good and it took 35 minutes and it was not enjoyable. a reasonable level of proficiency is expected even if you've got a good attitude

    if you got time to pun you got time to stun

    Calebros on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Le_Goat wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Besides at least on the xbox no one talks, we just all silently fail or succeed together. If someone is hardcore I have no idea.
    I've had a few times where some of us were in party chat, and it was pretty hilarious.

    Oh I see, I see how you guys are...

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    pleasepaypreacher.net
  • IblisIblis Registered User regular
    Finally went after Nergi, used my gunlance for safety and with that he was not much of a threat for the most part. He did get me with a really strong attack near the end of the fight, and I turtled up hoping for an opening to heal while he just beat me to a cart. Then I came back, guard poked him once and completed the mission. ...Well, guess I should have just gone for the gold at the end there.

    Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I did an SoS for tempered Legi & Goose this morning, and I have no idea why this happened, but after we captured the Legi our group wordlessly decided that a Pink Rath that wandered by was gonna get beat up. It roared at us once and tried to fly and after that it was flash city for the next few minutes when it wasn't mounted or KO’d, until it was captured.

    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Calebros wrote: »
    .
    Elki wrote: »
    Calebros wrote: »
    fRAWRst wrote: »

    That's a whole lot of effort and math being done by people who forget that it doesn't matter if your weapon does more damage when attacking a post if in the real-world you bounce off of elder dragons because you only have Blue sharpness instead of White. Sacrificing damage because you bounced immediately covers the difference that like a 10 raw attack value difference would otherwise make.

    White sharpness doesn’t bounce off elders?

    Not sure if you're asking a question or expressing doubt but I'll assume you're asking and answer by saying no it doesn't, unless there are certain spots that would need Purple sharpness to eat through. Not 100% sure about every single part of every elder, some might still bounce on White, but I don't think so.

    Just asking, I still don’t really know what sharpness interacts with.

    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    I did an SoS for tempered Legi & Goose this morning, and I have no idea why this happened, but after we captured the Legi our group wordlessly decided that a Pink Rath that wandered by was gonna get beat up. It roared at us once and tried to fly and after that it was flash city for the next few minutes when it wasn't mounted or KO’d, until it was captured.

    I always love that kind of thing. "Well since you're here you pink jerk."

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    pleasepaypreacher.net
  • SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    Does the Nergi IG have white sharpness? I don't remember, but if it does, then I think Kushala's wings bounce my attacks... Could be wrong!

    Also, what's the event quest that gives a bunch of HR points? Is it still available?

  • CalebrosCalebros a k a TimesNewPwnin Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    Calebros wrote: »
    .
    Elki wrote: »
    Calebros wrote: »
    fRAWRst wrote: »

    That's a whole lot of effort and math being done by people who forget that it doesn't matter if your weapon does more damage when attacking a post if in the real-world you bounce off of elder dragons because you only have Blue sharpness instead of White. Sacrificing damage because you bounced immediately covers the difference that like a 10 raw attack value difference would otherwise make.

    White sharpness doesn’t bounce off elders?

    Not sure if you're asking a question or expressing doubt but I'll assume you're asking and answer by saying no it doesn't, unless there are certain spots that would need Purple sharpness to eat through. Not 100% sure about every single part of every elder, some might still bounce on White, but I don't think so.

    Just asking, I still don’t really know what sharpness interacts with.

    Gotcha.

    So every monster part (wings, legs, face, etc.) has a hardness level that you need to meet or exceed to not bounce off of. Bouncing an attack reduces damage and doubles the sharpness loss on your weapon, interrupts your combo, and leaves you momentarily helpless while you're reeling. A lot of the more difficult monsters are literally harder than the earlier ones. For instance Kushala Daora is made out of metal so certain parts like its wings that are all metal and no flesh are extra hard.

    You'll notice that early game weapons tend to only go up to yellow or green sharpness, whereas late game swords go into blue and white and, if they ever put G-rank in, purple. Sharpness level also lends a percentile increase in raw damage, though that is not quite as important as just being able to hit a monster without bouncing off of it every 2 seconds.

  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    I swear I've bounced on white against lavasioth, truly the worst fucking creature.

    I'm glad I'm not the only one

    Fought him one time, found out his gear is kinda shit and his mats aren't used for anything and was just like

    Well I'm not doing that anymore

  • Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Satsumomo wrote: »
    Does the Nergi IG have white sharpness? I don't remember, but if it does, then I think Kushala's wings bounce my attacks... Could be wrong!

    Also, what's the event quest that gives a bunch of HR points? Is it still available?
    Nergigante weapons all have maximum sharpness, at blue.

    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    I swear I've bounced on white against lavasioth, truly the worst fucking creature.

    I'm glad I'm not the only one

    Fought him one time, found out his gear is kinda shit and his mats aren't used for anything and was just like

    Well I'm not doing that anymore

    Yeah he's just an annoying fight. Like at least the fish fish just makes you slow. Lavisoth mandates you drink a cool drink, and has a couple moves that take him off the board. Plus elders rise means you'll have ugly add ons.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Calebros wrote: »
    Elki wrote: »
    Calebros wrote: »
    .
    Elki wrote: »
    Calebros wrote: »
    fRAWRst wrote: »

    That's a whole lot of effort and math being done by people who forget that it doesn't matter if your weapon does more damage when attacking a post if in the real-world you bounce off of elder dragons because you only have Blue sharpness instead of White. Sacrificing damage because you bounced immediately covers the difference that like a 10 raw attack value difference would otherwise make.

    White sharpness doesn’t bounce off elders?

    Not sure if you're asking a question or expressing doubt but I'll assume you're asking and answer by saying no it doesn't, unless there are certain spots that would need Purple sharpness to eat through. Not 100% sure about every single part of every elder, some might still bounce on White, but I don't think so.

    Just asking, I still don’t really know what sharpness interacts with.

    Gotcha.

    So every monster part (wings, legs, face, etc.) has a hardness level that you need to meet or exceed to not bounce off of. Bouncing an attack reduces damage and doubles the sharpness loss on your weapon, interrupts your combo, and leaves you momentarily helpless while you're reeling. A lot of the more difficult monsters are literally harder than the earlier ones. For instance Kushala Daora is made out of metal so certain parts like its wings that are all metal and no flesh are extra hard.

    You'll notice that early game weapons tend to only go up to yellow or green sharpness, whereas late game swords go into blue and white and, if they ever put G-rank in, purple. Sharpness level also lends a percentile increase in raw damage, though that is not quite as important as just being able to hit a monster without bouncing off of it every 2 seconds.

    I did notice the bounce off and especially with Kushala’s wings, but every single weapon I’ve used against elders is blue not white, so I just assumed those were parts you were meant to avoid hitting entirely since they’ve been breaking my combos.

    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    And here I am, being all cool, with my Barroth SnS, mind's eye and protective polish jewels. :sunglasses:

    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    I swear I've bounced on white against lavasioth, truly the worst fucking creature.

    I'm glad I'm not the only one

    Fought him one time, found out his gear is kinda shit and his mats aren't used for anything and was just like

    Well I'm not doing that anymore

    Yeah he's just an annoying fight. Like at least the fish fish just makes you slow. Lavisoth mandates you drink a cool drink, and has a couple moves that take him off the board. Plus elders rise means you'll have ugly add ons.

    A friend was telling me that if you use a fire weapon on Lavasioth it keeps his armor from hardening. But the elemental damage is then 100% wasted on him, so IDK if that's actually worth it, maybe in a group.

    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    I swear I've bounced on white against lavasioth, truly the worst fucking creature.

    I'm glad I'm not the only one

    Fought him one time, found out his gear is kinda shit and his mats aren't used for anything and was just like

    Well I'm not doing that anymore

    Yeah he's just an annoying fight. Like at least the fish fish just makes you slow. Lavisoth mandates you drink a cool drink, and has a couple moves that take him off the board. Plus elders rise means you'll have ugly add ons.

    A friend was telling me that if you use a fire weapon on Lavasioth it keeps his armor from hardening. But the elemental damage is then 100% wasted on him, so IDK if that's actually worth it, maybe in a group.

    I just solve it by not fighting him...

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Preacher wrote: »
    Le_Goat wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Besides at least on the xbox no one talks, we just all silently fail or succeed together. If someone is hardcore I have no idea.
    I've had a few times where some of us were in party chat, and it was pretty hilarious.

    Oh I see, I see how you guys are...
    Full transparency: I was chatting with my buddy and two PAXers joined our party. My biggest issue with joining others is that I'm still only HR14, so I can't really help anyone, so I feel like more of an annoyance than anything else. Maybe we need to have a PAX party one night, or something like that. I dunno

    Le_Goat on
    While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • CalebrosCalebros a k a TimesNewPwnin Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Elki wrote: »
    Calebros wrote: »
    Elki wrote: »
    Calebros wrote: »
    .
    Elki wrote: »
    Calebros wrote: »
    fRAWRst wrote: »

    That's a whole lot of effort and math being done by people who forget that it doesn't matter if your weapon does more damage when attacking a post if in the real-world you bounce off of elder dragons because you only have Blue sharpness instead of White. Sacrificing damage because you bounced immediately covers the difference that like a 10 raw attack value difference would otherwise make.

    White sharpness doesn’t bounce off elders?

    Not sure if you're asking a question or expressing doubt but I'll assume you're asking and answer by saying no it doesn't, unless there are certain spots that would need Purple sharpness to eat through. Not 100% sure about every single part of every elder, some might still bounce on White, but I don't think so.

    Just asking, I still don’t really know what sharpness interacts with.

    Gotcha.

    So every monster part (wings, legs, face, etc.) has a hardness level that you need to meet or exceed to not bounce off of. Bouncing an attack reduces damage and doubles the sharpness loss on your weapon, interrupts your combo, and leaves you momentarily helpless while you're reeling. A lot of the more difficult monsters are literally harder than the earlier ones. For instance Kushala Daora is made out of metal so certain parts like its wings that are all metal and no flesh are extra hard.

    You'll notice that early game weapons tend to only go up to yellow or green sharpness, whereas late game swords go into blue and white and, if they ever put G-rank in, purple. Sharpness level also lends a percentile increase in raw damage, though that is not quite as important as just being able to hit a monster without bouncing off of it every 2 seconds.

    I did notice the bounce off and especially with Kushala’s wings, but every single weapon I’ve used against elders is blue not white, so I just assumed those were parts you were meant to avoid hitting entirely since they’ve been breaking my combos.

    Some weapons can't ever reach White (e.g. Nergigante weapons), some weapons can only reach it with the Handicraft skill that increases sharpness. You can also get the Mind's Eye skill that prevents deflection (though you still suffer the reduction in damage I believe). Hunting Horns have a self-buff that grants Mind's Eye, and there are armor skills and decorations and stuff that can get you that as well. Certain attacks also have Mind's Eye built in, like some of the stronger Hammer moves, or the GS True Charge Slash.

    Calebros on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Le_Goat wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Le_Goat wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Besides at least on the xbox no one talks, we just all silently fail or succeed together. If someone is hardcore I have no idea.
    I've had a few times where some of us were in party chat, and it was pretty hilarious.

    Oh I see, I see how you guys are...
    Full transparency: I was chatting with my buddy and two PAXers joined our party. My biggest issue with joining others is that I'm still only HR14, so I can't really help anyone, so I feel like more of an annoyance than anything else. Maybe we need to have a PAX party one night, or something like that. I dunno

    Yeah I was just joking. I haven't been online a bunch as of late since the d3 season started. But if you guys want to organize something for me to anime strike my way through you can see senpai get the job done.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    I swear I've bounced on white against lavasioth, truly the worst fucking creature.

    I'm glad I'm not the only one

    Fought him one time, found out his gear is kinda shit and his mats aren't used for anything and was just like

    Well I'm not doing that anymore

    Yeah he's just an annoying fight. Like at least the fish fish just makes you slow. Lavisoth mandates you drink a cool drink, and has a couple moves that take him off the board. Plus elders rise means you'll have ugly add ons.

    A friend was telling me that if you use a fire weapon on Lavasioth it keeps his armor from hardening. But the elemental damage is then 100% wasted on him, so IDK if that's actually worth it, maybe in a group.
    Maybe that's why there are sling torch everywhere? If it's like Mr. Fishy Fish, puddle pods work to break the mud off, which you can then use the desired elemental damage.

    While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    Never found fire fish to be much of a problem. Seemed to me he has a tiny hp bar, so even bouncing a lot he went down real quick.

    Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    It was nice taking on regular HR kirin with -9 thunder armor and a none elderseal weapon still cutting his ass up. Sometimes I overthink mobs.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    pleasepaypreacher.net
  • DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Le_Goat wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Besides at least on the xbox no one talks, we just all silently fail or succeed together. If someone is hardcore I have no idea.
    I've had a few times where some of us were in party chat, and it was pretty hilarious.

    Regarding voice chat. This has been my experience on PS4.

    The way I have things hooked up between my PS4/monitor/computer, I can always hear my PS4 audio because of line-in. However, if I want to talk on the PS4, I need to unplug my headset and connect it directly to my PS4 mixer. That also means I can't hear my PC sounds anymore.

    When MHW first came out I'd actually move my headset over and try to chat with people, but when I'm doing SOS barely anyone talks. It's mostly sticker chat. So I've for the most part just stopped moving my headset over. And on the occasions I'm playing with people who're gonna voice chat, we just use Discord anyway, so my normal setup is perfect. And now I'm actually finding random people talking kinda annoying over everything else I have going on sound-wise, so I just end up muting people that are talking whose conversation I'm not part of/people who have open mic and I'm just hearing all their background noise.

    It's kinda sad that communication and grouping just straight up worked better in the beta because of how simple it was.

    Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I actually have a usb hub plugged into my PS4. There's not enough ports otherwise.

    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I do really like the reach on long sword for just about all mobs, sometimes I'd hit Kirin when he pranced by me but the slash just reached him. Hell I tripped him doing that once.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    pleasepaypreacher.net
  • SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    I do really like the reach on long sword for just about all mobs, sometimes I'd hit Kirin when he pranced by me but the slash just reached him. Hell I tripped him doing that once.

    You're making me want to turn longsword and be like everybody else. I love my dual blades to death, but I *am* jealous of weapons with more reach.

    Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
Sign In or Register to comment.