As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Monster Hunter] World: New elder dragon event. Squad up!

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I swear I've bounced on white against lavasioth, truly the worst fucking creature.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    CalebrosCalebros a k a TimesNewPwnin Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Polaritie wrote: »
    My biggest wish for the game right now is more monsters.

It needs more monsters for ice,lightning, and water. Barioth, Zinogre, Ludroth (or just Plesioth, it always made nice gear, and adds more sleep kit too). Ideally, Gammoth, Lagiacrus, Mizutsuze, Agnaktor too. Then we have three non-elder fights for the basic elements.

Bring Gigginox back as an alternate poison line and you can use the subspecies for lightnimg (and it shares a skeleton with Barioth if you want to not add leviathans, but Nibelsnarf is more water...)

Going from 70+ monsters in Gen and MH4U down to like 27 or 31 or whatever it is has really made it feel lacking. However I understand that probably 80% of their time was just getting the basic mechanics to function, and now that that's done the next game can have that 80% of its time dedicated to monsters and content. MHW is a fantastic template and I'm really looking forward to the next game that will be jam packed with stuff.

Calebros on
  • Options
    World felt like getting the experience down right, with enough variety without overwhelming new players. And I think they did that rather well.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    I swear I've bounced on white against lavasioth, truly the worst fucking creature.

Shoot firepods at it to soften its body parts!

• Options
    Satsumomo wrote: »

I'd rather shoot it at the surface of the sun never to return. FUCK YOU LAVISIOTH!

Also even though Radoban is just a reskin of Uru, I love fighting Rado, and hate fighting uru.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    Calebros wrote: »
    fRAWRst wrote: »

That's a whole lot of effort and math being done by people who forget that it doesn't matter if your weapon does more damage when attacking a post if in the real-world you bounce off of elder dragons because you only have Blue sharpness instead of White. Sacrificing damage because you bounced immediately covers the difference that like a 10 raw attack value difference would otherwise make.

true strong slash has super armor/minds eye, it doesnt bounce

also which elder are you bouncing off of due to blue? only thing i can think of is Nergi hard black horns, but if you let his horns get hard as a GS, you arent doing enough true strongs on his face

Kushala, Teostra in some places, even a Lavasioth when hardened you bounce off when blue. Uragaan too.

And yes the platonic ideal of the GS user will do perfectly timed TSS forever and never bounce but in reality that's never how it goes

kush and teo both have super weak heads. blue will never bounce off their heads/tails/claws

lavas is best killed with a fire weapon which will always keep him warm. rathalos glinsword with handi for white is excellent

right, and this is the theory crafting

i can usually land about 80% on head

just never during sleeping/wakeup @Entaru

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular

I'd rather shoot it at the surface of the sun never to return. FUCK YOU LAVISIOTH!

Also even though Radoban is just a reskin of Uru, I love fighting Rado, and hate fighting uru.
    I use Bow on both Radobaan and Uragaan, and I prefer Uragaan because he has way more openings for Dragon Piercers. The chin slam attacks soak up a lot of time, and gives you a free Dragon Piercer window.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    The Raging PlatypusThe Raging Platypus Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »

I use Bow on both Radobaan and Uragaan, and I prefer Uragaan because he has way more openings for Dragon Piercers. The chin slam attacks soak up a lot of time, and gives you a free Dragon Piercer window.

Unloading a Dragon Piercer on both those chaps feels soooooooooooo good. Specially Uragaan, aiming a DP so that it skims across the top of his stone coat - pow pow pow pow pow pow - and seeing a huge row of critical hits pop up feels glorious.

Quid wrote: »
    YOU'RE A GOD DAMN PLATYPUS.
    PSN Name: MusingPlatypus
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »

Radobaan trips if shot during his roll though.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Is there a listing of the status thresholds for monsters in World and how much they go up by every time the status is proc'd?

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    80% of the time he hits the head 100% of the time, guaranteed.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    As as Longsword user (who isn't good enough to counter the world) Uragaan is a giant fucking pain in the ass.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/kOs1xpIyjJE

I would watch a million of my name is byf nature videos.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Heeeey byf is doing MH lore now? Awesome!

Byf is the main reason why I have such a grudge against Bungie for utterly screwing over the lore in Destiny 2.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I really wish there was a remove all decorations options in the Equipment menu.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Man, thanks for that Bow guide. The knowledge that the dragon piercer can cut tails us going to help me immensely, as are the mechanics of charging and quick shots.

• Options
    MH. . .

Lore?

This is a weird world.

• Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Pickle this week! (Maybe)

Also I did a 8:56 Solo Lance Tempered Kirin run. It wasn't even really optimized since I was using heavily defensive gear. But what I did learn is if you keep poking the head, kirin will spend a large amount of time toppled over.

Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod

That's a whole lot of effort and math being done by people who forget that it doesn't matter if your weapon does more damage when attacking a post if in the real-world you bounce off of elder dragons because you only have Blue sharpness instead of White. Sacrificing damage because you bounced immediately covers the difference that like a 10 raw attack value difference would otherwise make.

White sharpness doesn’t bounce off elders?

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Funko Pop has some Monster Hunter figurines coming.

https://youtu.be/L3w8tTdaJS4

I know these aren't everyones favorite, but still cool, and good for Gaijin Hunter getting some merch.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Funko Pop has some Monster Hunter figurines coming.

https://youtu.be/L3w8tTdaJS4

I know these aren't everyones favorite, but still cool, and good for Gaijin Hunter getting some merch.
    The Hunter one is of the fat head, soulless eye variety, but the rest of them look fun. The Felyne also is fat head/soulless eye but... (looks at avatar) umm, this actually checks out.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Entaru wrote: »
    MH. . .

Lore?

This is a weird world.

I mean, there's been some. The Gore Magala/Shagaru Malgala story in 4U was pretty neat.

• Options
  • Options
    Are those going to be as widely available as funkos though? That's what Funko gives you, that you can get them without having to use an import store.

I'd more want one of the cool plushes I've seen.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Are those going to be as widely available as funkos though? That's what Funko gives you, that you can get them without having to use an import store.

You can get them on Amazon.

Also they're fucking blind boxes.

• Options
    Dracil wrote: »

Oh maaaaan that Legiana one......*Antonio Banderas orgasmic approval gif*

• Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    Screw funkos.

give me the real stuff.

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    I've usually been able to find them at anime cons, capcom's sold them too in the past. They may not be *super* available but they do make their way over.

• Options
    Looks like I am importing a Nergigante.

• Options

Well there goes our carefully balanced elder eco system thanks entaru you jerk.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular

but you won't have anything to feed it with

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    I just saw an option to build the Wiggler helmet and almost pissed myself. I'm now determined to construct the most comical set possible and run Leeroy Jenkins into a fight with some of us Rawrcadians. Sporting dual blades, I cannot wait to see what it looks like with the most ridiculous helmet I can imagine in this game. For those who haven't seen it:
    wskx8uszr6u3.png

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    That's jar jar right there.

• Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    admanb wrote: »

You can get them on Amazon.

Also they're fucking blind boxes.

I've bought full sets from Ami-ami before, one of each monster is included, the blind boxes I guess are from gachapon machines.

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Le_Goat wrote: »
    I just saw an option to build the Wiggler helmet and almost pissed myself. I'm now determined to construct the most comical set possible and run Leeroy Jenkins into a fight with some of us Rawrcadians. Sporting dual blades, I cannot wait to see what it looks like with the most ridiculous helmet I can imagine in this game. For those who haven't seen it:
    wskx8uszr6u3.png

I actually posted this last night because it's just silly. (Haven't posted a tweet before so hopefully this works)

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I’m going to use a hero steamstone to augment one of my glaives, probably the Nergi one. Is there any reason to not go health?

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular

Well there goes our carefully balanced elder eco system thanks entaru you jerk.

I have a solution to the infestation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9yruQM1ggc

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Heads up on the Non-Elemental Decoration and Switch Axe.

As long as the Axe form doesn't have an element or status effect, the decoration boosts the weapon's damage. That means it works on the Jaggi Exhaust SwagAxe for example.

Now for Free Element builds, the Axe status and the Phial status stack in Sword mode. A Free Element Barroth SwagAxe has 570 Paralysis before adding in +Paralysis decorations in Sword mode. You can push that to 600+.

Oh, and for gunners (and bow users), the Ballistics Decoration is way better than it's in game text states. Not only does it give critical distance for close range no matter your ammo, but it also extends long range critical distance.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Elki wrote: »
    I’m going to use a hero steamstone to augment one of my glaives, probably the Nergi one. Is there any reason to not go health?
    I mean, Insect Glaive has some options for healing when it's unsheathed (Kinsect Green Essence, and also green clouds if you go that route). I don't think that healing while unsheathed is a priority for it. Lance and Gunlance greatly benefit, because the pack-up animation is so long, and you want to stay unsheathed and protected when you are using those. Switch Axe also has a long packing animation, so Health makes more sense for it.

But it mostly just comes down to personal preference, in the end.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    biscuitbutt81biscuitbutt81 Registered User regular
    Here are things that I demand g rank add to the game:
    1: mortal kombat-style fatalities
    2: gratuitous nudity (the monsters are nude. Why can’t my hunter be nude as well
    3: vehicles for our hunters like Harley Davidson motorcycles or enormous monster trucks that we can ram into the monsters
    4: wwe style entrances for both the monsters and our hunters. Like I should be able to watch a video of my hunter cartwheeling onto the stage while queen’s fat-bottomed girls plays