As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Regarding Slayer And Other Concerts

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »
    Who's opening for them?

Regardless, you probably should.

Testament, Napalm Death, Anthrax, and Lamb of God.

I don't know any of those bands either.

Oh Lamb of God alone is worth the ticket, they're great and their liveshow is a lot of fun (or was, when I saw them in college).

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Shorty wrote: »
    there are a lot of metal fans who would argue that every one of those bands is a component of the metal canon

that is a good show

I'm one of the metal fans for whom that's, like, not guys I listen to at all...

and that's a hell of a lineup even if they're all more than a little past their prime at this point, to the best of my knowledge. It's probably going to be a pretty good show.

E: Except Testament, who I actually rather like, and are basically a sort of bizarro Metallica that never turned into Dad Rock.

Auralynx on
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I think it's a lineup that is really exciting even as a metal fan who never listens to any of those bands

I'd definitely see that show

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Two years ago I went to a concert where Alestorm were opening for Sabaton

It was p great

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular

It was p great

I saw nekrogoblikon open for alestorm and it should have been the other way around. alestorm played for 90 minutes and it felt like 3 hours it was so boring.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Uriel wrote: »

It was p great

I saw nekrogoblikon open for alestorm and it should have been the other way around. alestorm played for 90 minutes and it felt like 3 hours it was so boring.

The key ingredient in that one was (most likely!) Sabaton, who are by all reports I've ever heard electric live.

Auralynx on
  • Options
    Sabaton was tremendously great and I got 30 minutes of Alestorm which was just the right amount

Maybe they weren't drunk enough during your concert

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Sabaton was tremendously great and I got 30 minutes of Alestorm which was just the right amount

Maybe they weren't drunk enough during your concert

They played last so maybe they overshot and were too drunk haha.

They kinda just stood still there staring into space playing songs that just kinda ran together for way too long.

To be fair they had to follow up nekrogoblikon. they have the advantage of being younger more energetic guys and have John goblikon moshing with and whipping up the crowd.

aether realm was also pretty good though.

I will say there were some really smelly guys dressed as pirates that were really into the alestorm performance. I think think I might have lost interest even more when one of their white guy dreads went into my beer.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    I went to get an autograph from the Alestorm guy because for some reason that seemed like a good idea at the time and the entire band was covered in a writhing mess of groupies

But yeah, the main ingredient was Sabaton, I don't even know to which degree they followed a set list because after a while it almost seemed like they would play whatever people yelled at them

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    I did not get to see lamb of god because he had been arrested in norway after that persons death

Did get to see In Flames instead but still one day

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    Dear god yes buy tickets to that fucking show now!!!

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    By the time I even found out this tour was happening the only show near me was sold out so yeah you should probably go

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    Who's opening for them?

clint i have seen every single one of these bands live and they are all phenomenal

also everyone needs to see the scott ian stomp live at least once

did you know scott ian is a huge fan of Dr. Who

nobody's perfect

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    Who's opening for them?

I am so fucking angry right now

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    The next show I am looking forward to seeing is Mastodon and Primus this June.

That is such a strange but awesome lineup.

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    Dee KaeDee Kae Registered User regular
    Digitalism is playing at the Echoplex in LA on April 6th.

https://www.ticketfly.com/event/1569577-digitalism-los-angeles/

Y'all should go too!

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular

seems like a Clutch Venn diagram kinda thing

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    Mysst wrote: »

If I remember correctly, Clutch opened for Mastodon two years ago.

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    Motherfuckin Chromeo is coming back to town and I don’t think I can go.

Why the fuck would they schedule a show where you dance so hard your pants catch fire on a Wednesday?

8406wWN.png
  • Options

sounds right! For the past couple years either I miss them or they miss me

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options

i am really excited for hammerfall and floatsam and jetsam in june

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options

I used to be in a wow guild with the singer from flotsam and jetsam

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited March 2018

I used to be in a wow guild with the singer from flotsam and jetsam

i am not even remotely suprised

i also wanna see if i can get a crew together for amorphis, dark tranquility, and moonspell in september

tickets are only 14 bucks!!!

Rorshach Kringle on
    6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options

they opened for Motorhead when I saw them like five years ago

they were.....not memorable

• Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Let's just make this a general concert thread. Concerts are awesome and changed my life.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Let's just make this a general concert thread. Concerts are awesome and changed my life.

Going to metal shows on a regular basis kept me sane in a very real sense in high school.

• Options

you're not memorable!

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    my first concert was metallica's free show in 1996

my second concert was the y-100 feztival in 1999 where i saw barenaked ladies, lit, the offspring, everlast, smash mouth, and others

my third concert was woodstock 99

Rorshach Kringle on
    6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    That explains a lot.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I've lost track of how many bands I've seen

First one was REM in 1995

Most recent was The Dead Milkmen just last January

I have tickets for Greta Van Fleet this July

• Options
    i am trying to pin down the coolest show i've been to and it is rough

i got to see slayer in a hockey rink and danzig snd decide in a converted church but those shows weren't amazing

i think it might be alice cooper and iron maiden a few years back or getting to see pantera on their final tour

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options

you're not memorable!

yeah, that's true

• Options
    The walkmen were an amazing show and then they broke up less then a year after I saw them. Everybody in the crowd was so insanely excited to see them. Made me a fan instantly.

Ludacris was definitely the most disappointed I've ever been at a show.

Mike Jones AND Riff Raff are both coming to town in the next couple months. I'm trying to decide which has more potential for merriment

• Options
    i miss going to concerts all the time

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Peas wrote: »
    Lets go to a Hatsune Miku concert instead

Lets go to one of the other bands in the Why so Serious thing going on in metal right now?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKwscPp1kLs

• Options
    Ah man. Grizzly bear and spoon are playing an outdoor show together in June. Sign me up for that shit

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I saw Baby Metal a few years ago and they were cool

• Options
    i am still mad i never got to see the donnas live and probably never will now that they basically don't exist anymore

6vjsgrerts6r.png