As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Regarding Slayer And Other Concerts

13»

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    best show I've seen was Motorhead

Grimes was also real good

there aren't many acts I'd still be excited to see anymore

here's my bucket list:

GWAR
    Dinosaur Jr.
    Built to Spill
    Andrew Jackson Jihad
    anything involving Kim Deal, right now that looks like The Breeders (which, yes)

also I've seen them like four times but I can see The Minibosses play any number of shows

• MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    Most memorable show: Joanna Newsom whom I had never heard of before the show. Absolutely incredible.

Best show: St Vincent before she got popular. There were maybe a hundred people there. And she crowd-surfed.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i saw gwar before dave brockie paased at a halloween show and yeah

you need to see gwar already

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    I've seen GWAR a couple of times. Best was with Voodoo Glowskulls and (Graves-era) Misfits.

I don't know if I could point to any single best show I've seen. Beastie Boys, on the Five Boroughs tour, was pretty hard to top. First time seeing Red Fang live was a revelation. Seeing Sonic Youth close out Lollapalooza at the Gorge absolutely blew my mind. And I've never danced harder than when I saw Holy Ghost and Chromeo, and that includes Gogol Bordello playing a single song for 45 minutes as an encore that nearly killed me.

I don't think I've ever been as happy as when I saw Danzig playing the 25th anniversary tour show, though. Doing only his old material, then doing a full set of Misfits songs with Doyle, completely transported me back.

8406wWN.png
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    I think about Dave Brockie probably five times a week.

That stupid motherfucker. He fucking knew better. He had so much left in him.

8406wWN.png
    the happiest i've ever been at a concert was seeing motorhead in the wwf's new york nightcub

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    best show I've seen was Motorhead

Grimes was also real good

there aren't many acts I'd still be excited to see anymore

here's my bucket list:

GWAR
    Dinosaur Jr.
    Built to Spill
    Andrew Jackson Jihad
    anything involving Kim Deal, right now that looks like The Breeders (which, yes)

also I've seen them like four times but I can see The Minibosses play any number of shows

GWAR is exactly as much fun as you think it is.

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Most memorable shows for me were probably The Rolling Stones and The Who

crazy to think that those old farts have more energy than any other bands I've ever seen.

Zeke springs to mind as a pretty wild show.

silliest show was Cypress Hill. hahahhaa they emerged from a giant skull emblazoned with a pot leaf.

Neutral Milk Hotel was great

every time I've seen Cracker, they're always great

Rancid was amazing

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Do not buy tickets to that show

Buy tickets to that show

• Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Bought grizzly bear + spoon tickets. Am insanely pumped, spoon put on a great show last time I saw them.

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I saw Gogol Bordello a couple years back and had to leave at the point the encore had gone on for as long as the main set
    It was almost 2 am and they showed no sign of stopping soon

Guess who just grabbed tickets to see The Sword in June

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    that's awesome, the sword kicks ass

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

Oh to hell with you young man

I hear they have a new album too?

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I haven't been too into the sword since warp riders but yeah they are awesome

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    yo @Grey Ghost There are some rumors Power Wolf is gonna do a USA tour next year and I'm gonna try to go and its your fault for posting that stupid cover on facebook

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    Solar wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

Oh to hell with you young man

I hear they have a new album too?

Mm-hmm, just dropped but I've been at work and haven't had a chance to listen
    But the two singles from it were solid

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    what album did they even put out after warp riders? I should catch up on them.

OH shit I have four albums to catch up on....?

Tallahasseeriel on
    edited March 2018
    Uriel wrote: »
    what album did they even put out after warp riders? I should catch up on them.

They put out two!
    Apocryphon and High Country

Apocryphon ruled, High Country has a fairly different sound but is still pretty solid
    It was a good road trip album

Grey Ghost on
    Do not buy tickets to that show

we are enemies forever now

6vjsgrerts6r.png

yo Grey Ghost There are some rumors Power Wolf is gonna do a USA tour next year and I'm gonna try to go and its your fault for posting that stupid cover on facebook

Hell I might actually try to

Just saw Barrence Whitfield and The Savages who were both incredible

Seeing Greta Van Fleet in june or july

Regrettes are coming to DC early june but sadly I'll probably miss it

• jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    My first concert was Linkin Park's Meteora tour. They were super good, the crowd was so pumped.

My second show was a double headliner of Nickleback and Three Doors Down. Yeah.

Best show I've ever seen was either: Passion Pit at Lollapalooza, when Passion Pit had just released Manners. The whole crowd was super into it and the energy was unreal, and they played an amazing show.

Or Depeche Mode at that same Lolla. They're far and away my favorite band and their live shows are something special.

That 2009 Lolla was crazy good in general. DM, Tool, The Killers, Jane's Addiction, Coheed and Cambria, Snoop, The Decemberists, Yeah Yeah Yeah, Arctic Monkeys, Lou Reed, Animal Collective, Bon Iver, Fleet Foxes (also in the running for best overall show), Chairlift, Bat for Lashes, Lykke Li. So many good acts.