As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Please help!!

sadcommutersadcommuter Registered User regular
I have a 2007 Kia Sorento. I wrecked it through a chain link fence while drifting through my neighborhood. After my brother and I pushed it out of the feild we landed in I started it, put it in drive and when I hit the gas it wouldn’t go. So I pushed until it was in the red at over 8,000 rpms then it moved slowly. I didn’t want to screw it up more so I shut it off. Any ideas on what the problem is? It stays running btw.

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    You need to call your insurance, a tow truck, a mechanic, and the person whose fence you wrecked

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Counter-question: If someone came in here and said, for instance, that the flywheel may be damaged, or that the starter was likely broken...

Could you make those repairs yourself?

If not, the correct course of action is to have it towed to a mechanic, because that will be the end result no matter what is likely to be wrong with it.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    It should go without saying (but clearly needs to be said) that tricks like drifting are highly dangerous and should never be attempted by anyone who isn't a professional on a closed course.

And especially not in a residential area where a mistake could cause damage and physical harm to folks walking about.

You probably also want a lawyer.

• ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    You need to have a mechanic look at it; it's going to be very difficult for someone to tell you exactly what's wrong without looking at it, and even if they can you'll probably need to take it in to have whatever it needs done anyway.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
This discussion has been closed.