As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Division 2] Launching in March! Beta has started.

• Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    I turned on regional chat and it's just a spam mess of asian characters. So... has this game hit just peak nonsense or what?

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Yeah I'm just looking to do the story. I know I'm way late to try to achieve anything else.

I just unlocked Seeker Mines and those are so much fun.

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    It’s so nice that Cleaners all walk around with big red bombs on their backs.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    m!ttensm!ttens he/himRegistered User regular
    I finally got to play some co-op last night. Since I hate grouping with randos, @AvalonGuard and I finally found some time and hard drive space for the pair of us to hop in and play. I don't know if it's because of the grouping mechanics or my better understanding of the game (my other character is level 20) but we were definitely breezing through content much easier than when I went about it solo.

He was running a ballistic shield tank and I picked up some healing stuff, so fights were basically him drawing all the aggro and me flanking and suppressing/killing guys with an occasional pulse or heal. I'm pretty sure we're both going to pick up Div2.

I'm guessing the UPlay 20% code is the best deal around, correct? Have they said much about what the season 1 pass is going to include, i.e. is the Gold Edition worth the $40 premium over the base game?

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »

I recall one of the devs said people loved that shit so much they wanted to add more like flashing weak points to enemies. And god bless them.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    m!ttens wrote: »
    I finally got to play some co-op last night. Since I hate grouping with randos, @AvalonGuard and I finally found some time and hard drive space for the pair of us to hop in and play. I don't know if it's because of the grouping mechanics or my better understanding of the game (my other character is level 20) but we were definitely breezing through content much easier than when I went about it solo.

He was running a ballistic shield tank and I picked up some healing stuff, so fights were basically him drawing all the aggro and me flanking and suppressing/killing guys with an occasional pulse or heal. I'm pretty sure we're both going to pick up Div2.

I'm guessing the UPlay 20% code is the best deal around, correct? Have they said much about what the season 1 pass is going to include, i.e. is the Gold Edition worth the $40 premium over the base game?

If you can get a uplay code then that's the cheapest I've seen so far, even GMG who are usually bonkers have only gone as low as 18%. However I don't think you can the uplay discount if you are in the US.

The season pass is currently a couple of days early access to the first year's DLC packs (which are free to all players), some cosmetics and some nebulous "other activities" which are probably supply drops like in Division 1 (ie a crate every couple of weeks with a couple of items and some currency in it).

For my part, I've just got the base version of Div2, if the "other activites" turn out to be substantial then I'd consider it, but otherwise, no.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

I recall one of the devs said people loved that shit so much they wanted to add more like flashing weak points to enemies. And god bless them.

I do so love the big hulking flamethrower boss-type Cleaner guy. No fewer than 3 dangly red bombs strapped around his body. All the explosions!

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    With the season pass content being mostly free the Gold edition doesn’t seem really worth it. The Ultimate edition having 3 (or is it 4?) outfits and some unique weapons with their endgame blueprints included might be worth it if you like cosmetic stuff. With the uPlay discount you can get the ultimate edition almost down to the Gold editions base price.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    With the season pass content being mostly free the Gold edition doesn’t seem really worth it. The Ultimate edition having 3 (or is it 4?) outfits and some unique weapons with their endgame blueprints included might be worth it if you like cosmetic stuff. With the uPlay discount you can get the ultimate edition almost down to the Gold editions base price.

Unfortunately for those of us in the US (North America?) you can't use the Uplay discount on pre orders or new games. :(

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    squall99x wrote: »

Unfortunately for those of us in the US (North America?) you can't use the Uplay discount on pre orders or new games. :(

Crap. There goes my brilliant idea :bigfrown:

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Hopefully, they won't make the same mistake in PVP of two Two Responsive / Deadly The Houses in Nomad gear being a thing.

full HP self-revives in a pvp environment are just dumb.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    Hey Im going to play some Div1, anyone else want to play?

• Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Corrichan and company took me along in Division just now. I joined them at level 4 for a survival run, which we won! We totally extracted and everything. Also we murdered a hundred or so innocent people just trying to get by in a blizzard.

Then we did three daily missions and now I'm level 19 having just unlocked the medical wing.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    One day, I will survive survival...

also, 11/20 Hungry Hog pvp kills. :so_raven:

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    Ok next shot at trying to find the best deal possible for Div2; looks like the Amazon Prime $10 credit deal is the best bet at ~16% off (sort of. Since it's a credit applied to the account at a later date, I have to order something from the 'Zon later but that won't be a problem). Next best is 10% off from GMG. Please let me know if you notice something better, thanks!

Also, I ran into my first "this is impossible to beat" mission while playing solo, right at the end of the Riker's boss (the security mission in the lower right corner of the map, ~level 20). My gear was all between 18-20 with the exception of my guns which were only level 16; I had a bunch of decent drops around that time and nothing in the four levels afterward.
    The LMGs between the two elites and the boss meant moving from cover to cover was difficult at best and incredibly painful at worst. The grenades they throw would OHK me despite my gear focusing on survivability and firearms. My level 16 guns sadly didn't have enough oomph to burn down enough armor and HP before the elites would get up in my grill and take me out.

So I dropped the mission and went to do some side missions and build up my gear a bit and of course the game crashed out about 5 minutes later. I decided to call it a night after putting in close to 90 minutes and getting little to no progress made.

• Options
    What are you using ability wise? What weapons?

Also, are you using consumables? Water is +20% damage to elites, and CC grenades can stagger.

The good news is, iirc, if you pop the two elites it triggers a checkpoint.

• Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Hey I've also been playing this game again, it really shows that the core gameplay is really well done.

I'm am also extremely out of the loop with the meta, all the new stuff and so on. This game is definitely a steal when they put the gold edition at $15-$20.

Edit:
    Figgy wrote: »
    I turned on regional chat and it's just a spam mess of asian characters. So... has this game hit just peak nonsense or what?

It's been like that for years, really. Probably worse because of the added mtx.

Satsumomo on
  • Options
    You can also get 10% off at the Humble store if you're a monthly subscriber, and they give you a few bucks back as credit.

• Options

Also, are you using consumables? Water is +20% damage to elites, and CC grenades can stagger.

I was using a G36 for the armor shredding abilities and an LMG (don't remember what but 100 rd drum) for sustain and out of cover damage. My normal abilities running solo are the tactical pulse and the turret to draw aggro but I tried switching to the healing station and portable cover. I tried using water and flashbangs, etc. but after dying a few times I ran out and was basically left with the default 2 frags and an ammo refill at the box right before the checkpoint.

• Options
    ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    I always forget about my consumables :(
    aka the things I trade in hopes of appearance gear

Zetx on
    76561197966849367.png
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    What's crazy is a few times I've went to the appearance vendor and she's actually had a spraycan that I didn't buy yet... even now.

hopefully the Division 2 will have a library of ingame currency cosmetics as plentiful as the Division 1's... :pop:

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    What's crazy is a few times I've went to the appearance vendor and she's actually had a spraycan that I didn't buy yet... even now.

hopefully the Division 2 will have a library of ingame currency cosmetics as plentiful as the Division 1's... :pop:

And hopefully a better way of seeing them/sorting through them...

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Inventory filters are my #1 wish for Division 2, hell I'd settle for an icon on "new" items so you can find the latest bit of trash you picked up. (Though no looted weapon mods is going to go a long long way to cutting the clutter)
    m!ttens wrote: »

I was using a G36 for the armor shredding abilities and an LMG (don't remember what but 100 rd drum) for sustain and out of cover damage. My normal abilities running solo are the tactical pulse and the turret to draw aggro but I tried switching to the healing station and portable cover. I tried using water and flashbangs, etc. but after dying a few times I ran out and was basically left with the default 2 frags and an ammo refill at the box right before the checkpoint.

If you're doing Lexington (which it sounds like you are) a good tip is to retreat once you've got the attention of the machine gunners, going back into the hallways you came from will mean you get out of range of the grenades and can give them the runaround pretty easily. Aside from lifts, not much actually shuts behind you so you can keep moving backward to give you space to fight in out of the way and then come back to pull another tough guy if needed.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular

And hopefully a better way of seeing them/sorting through them...

Yes, considering they're adding even more vanity items, there's gotta be a better inventory management system.

I'm hyped for the game. It's real bad.

76561197966849367.png
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    so... doing Underground challenging daily... 3 man. One guy I guess is running Reclaimer as an absolute pacifist (he just dropped boxes and healed...)

hunters spawn? boxes heal, run. We wipe to them.

I don't think he's fired a single shot.

We got shotgunned to death and now he's bringing us back but it's just... wth? is there a commendation I don't know about? If he was doing it during the hard daily IDK because I it was shock ammo and everything just melted anyway but really... o_o

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    There is no cheevo for pacifism

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I think the biggest thing I'm looking forward to with The Division 2 is the more living world. The idea that the various enemy factions and JTF/civilians will take and lose territory and you can just get involved is a huge step up from The Divisions very static world with not a whole lot to do between missions and collectibles unless you run into a small patrol.

• Options
    edited January 2019
    There is no cheevo for pacifism

Is there any reason for somebody to just not shoot anything like that? I've never encountered someone not AFKing but still not engaging like that before...

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    DalantiaDalantia Registered User regular
    Trying to avoid threat to be a healbot? I dunno, it sounds like they were contributing, just not in the bullet damage realm, but I know Hunters can be a pain if you can't spike them down.

steam_sig.png
    DS Friend code: 3840-6605-3406
  • Options
    Dalantia wrote: »
    Trying to avoid threat to be a healbot? I dunno, it sounds like they were contributing, just not in the bullet damage realm, but I know Hunters can be a pain if you can't spike them down.

It... wasn't particularly helpful in that it made the run last much longer, and had he actually shot the hunters some instead of being all the way back and hiding we could have killed them.

the shotgun rush also happened when he was all the way back in the other room. He was literally a medbox deployment system.

• Options
    I decided to try the Dark Zone again. Why do I keep hearing a woman robot saying "trial" every 5 seconds?

• Options
    Can you record that?

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Can you record that?

Uploading now.... it's unending.

Here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lD87i2WUOdE&feature=youtu.be

Figgy on
  • Options
    strange, that doesn't even really sound like any of the NPCs/etc either...

are you using Windows 10?

• Options
    strange, that doesn't even really sound like any of the NPCs/etc either...

are you using Windows 10?

Yep, playing straight from Uplay with the humble bundle key. Didn't have this issue until entering the Dark Zone.

• Options
    edited January 2019
    The only things I can find about it say "update your audio drivers" and another thing mentions Virtual Audio Cable? Do you use that?

edit: yeah, this is from another thread about the issue (posted back in 2015, heh):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=4&v=BZ41XSVeLYs

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    It's someone in voice-comms, you can see his name popup on the upper right whenever it sounds.

Edit: Or not, but it does seem to be from voice comms.

Satsumomo on
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    That's the weirdest shit. That video is the exact same voice.

I left the Dark Zone and it continued. so I restarted the game. It seems fine now... even after entering the Dark Zone again.

So strange.
    Satsumomo wrote: »
    It's someone in voice-comms, you can see his name popup on the upper right whenever it sounds.

Edit: Or not, but it does seem to be from voice comms.

I'm 90% sure it was happening long before I grouped with that guy.

Edit: Noticing now that I don't have to be grouped with someone to hear their voice comm. So maybe that guy was just following me around with that playing? Strange.

Figgy on
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Hunters in the underground are a bit of a joke if you're paranoid about them. As long as you can get to a choke point, generally the door to the previous room, they're virtually no threat at all.

Bonus being that you can sometimes break their AI by doing that if you go up a ladder which never ceased to amuse me.

• Options
    There's some pretty great worldbuilding in the phone recordings, especially when they link a few of them.