As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Division 2] Launching in March! Beta has started.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    -Loki- wrote: »
    There's some pretty great worldbuilding in the phone recordings, especially when they link a few of them.

the world building ended up fascinating me so much in a way I didn't expect. not necessarily the division stuff, but just the spread of the pandemic and all the little stories about that world. The setting itself, the city, the weather, the debris and body bags stacked higher than trucks will stay with me for a long time. Definitely one of my all time favourite "settings" in a game. It was refreshing to have a game where it wasn't about zombies or aliens, just the all too possible horror of a mass death from a virus.

Also the 4k HDR update for Xbox one X really showed off how breathtaking the game looks

Prohass on
  • Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    Do we know when the last shield goes live?

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Next week probably, most likely just before or just after the beta weekend.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    jumping back in the division again and I cant help but think that ill miss playing in the snow. The snowstorms, the lighting everything just... perfect. What sort of weather will the Division 2 have, I assume rain? fog? thunderstorms?

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    darkmayo wrote: »
    jumping back in the division again and I cant help but think that ill miss playing in the snow. The snowstorms, the lighting everything just... perfect. What sort of weather will the Division 2 have, I assume rain? fog? thunderstorms?

They have said its during the hottest summer in memory. So I imagine lots of thunderstorms, maybe like hurricanes?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    m!ttensm!ttens he/himRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

They have said its during the hottest summer in memory. So I imagine lots of thunderstorms, maybe like hurricanes?

Driving rainstorms would be pretty fun to play in. There seemed to be a lot of standing water in many of the trailers that I was watching this morning. I've been in DC during the summer months and it is sweltering and awful. If the game is taking place ~6 months after the Christmas outbreak then we're talking end of June, maybe early July. If I were a betting man, one of the opening/tutorial missions will be the President giving a radio broadcast on Independence day right before you are tasked to retake the city.

I'm not really sure why but my hype levels keep rising for this game and I haven't even gotten to the end-game for Division 1 yet, nor do I often hop on board the hype-train.

• Options
    RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Some new news about beta:

The beta starts on February 7 at 1 AM PT / 4 AM ET / 9 AM GMT / 8 PM AET, and lasts for precisely four days.

Also,
    As you'd expect, publisher Ubisoft says the beta will include a taste of what to expect in the final game. Two main missions are playable, along with five side missions and "additional activities in the open world." Three new Dark Zones will show off The Division 2's brand of PvPvE action, while you can sample the more organized PvP gameplay in a Conflict game mode named Skirmish.

Roe on
    oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/9Dm5Zryups4

There's a trailer for the beta.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    Wooow, that's a lot more than TD1's beta. Also makes it look a more competent offering than Anthem's demo last weekend.

76561197966849367.png
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    How do I get in the private beta? Do I need to preorder?

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Elki wrote: »

Yeah or you can register on their site for a code? I haven't heard if they are doing friend codes or anything.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited January 2019

I feel like Central Park in the Division 2 is a missed opportunity.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options

Division 1 was supposed to have central park, but something with how they did their engine for the game didn't let them do some kind of environment so they literally could not do the geography there? I dunno it was something they fixed in Div 2 marcos talked about.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019

Yeah or you can register on their site for a code? I haven't heard if they are doing friend codes or anything.

I've not heard about any friend codes either, as I understand the beta process, it's pre-orders first, then any remaining space will be filled by folk that registered interest, which I assume is a lottery. I *think* there's going to be a second proper "open" beta later as well, much like Anthem seems to be having. (and I think Div1 had as well?)

Isn't Central Park just a giant mass grave and not really...park-like anymore?

Snicketysnick on
    7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular

I've not heard about any friend codes either, as I understand the beta process, it's pre-orders first, then any remaining space will be filled by folk that registered interest, which I assume is a lottery. I *think* there's going to be a second proper "open" beta later as well, much like Anthem seems to be having. (and I think Div1 had as well?)

Isn't Central Park just a giant mass grave and not really...park-like anymore?

For folks in Canada, I was able to set up a free preorder at eb games and they gave me a beta code on the receipt, if anyone is interested in trying out the beta.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    m!ttens wrote: »
    I'm not really sure why but my hype levels keep rising for this game and I haven't even gotten to the end-game for Division 1 yet, nor do I often hop on board the hype-train.

Yeah I’m the same. In between sessions of the first game I’m eating up anything about the new game. I was excited for Anthem but something to do with actually playing the first game is hyping me up a lot more for this, especially when I think ‘this could have been done better’ then I see something on Uplay or an article saying ‘they’re doing this better now’.

I finally got a good bolt action sniper rifle last night. It’s taking out equal level purple bosses in 4-5 shots and golds in a few more. Coupled with finally getting an AR with bonus armour shredding I’m finally taking down boss guys a lot easier.

Speaking of, something being done better I’ve read the time to kill enemies has been reduced a lot, and it looks like heavily armoured spongey enemies now have destroyable locational armour you can blow off to create weak spots. That’s so great.

• Options
    Yeah supposedly TTK is way lower in div 2, and they want less player face tanking out in the open. We'll see how true that actually is when people have end game builds.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    The gameplay videos I’ve seen from streamers getting to play early builds TTK certainly looks a lot lower, but I’m not at the endgame yet so I don’t know how it is at level 30.

There seems to be a lot of running away to repair armour rather than standing in front of someone spamming medkits though.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    The gameplay videos I’ve seen from streamers getting to play early builds TTK certainly looks a lot lower, but I’m not at the endgame yet so I don’t know how it is at level 30.

There seems to be a lot of running away to repair armour rather than standing in front of someone spamming me skits though.

Yeah the streamers got to play with like set gear though. Like Marco pointed out "in div 1 ttk was also lower until people started actually building sets and such" now this time out the devs have stated they don't want a return to unkillable players and with normalization in always two dark zones at end game I think TTK will mostly be consistently lower, but where we are at launch is not where we'll be like 6 months down the road so its always something to have in the back of you mind.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I don’t mind the TTK on regular dudes. If your gear is up to your level and you’re taking on guys the same level it’s not bad. It’s the purple and gold guys that make it ridiculous, and the tanks.

The tanks are the ones with destroyable armour now though so they’re at least more of a tactical challenge rather than a straight up sponge, so it’s mostly how the purple and gold guys are. It’s still a looter shooter so I’m expecting some level of spongeyness, it’s just how it is in these games.

• Options
    I can't wait to try the "end game mission" in the beta just to see how that plays out.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    Whats the deal with the mechanic dog thing?

• Options
    Sirialis wrote: »

Probably a turret mod, might be a turret mod specific to one of the 3 end game classes. Like I know the demolitionist gets a specific artillery turret where you can literally call down mortar strikes.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I reckon it's an enemy like the drones in some incursions/pier waves or the little napalm rc cars. I do wonder if it's going to be a standalone soldier though, which would be cool beans

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    They’ve been saying the classes get a new skill track post level 30 to unlock but so far we only know of an existing skill mod per class, like the artillery turret and the tactical drone.

I’m wondering if there’s more that they just haven’t shown or talked about. One skill mod isn’t much of a new upgrade track.

• Options
    edited January 2019
    They haven't really talked about pve specifically either so they have a good chunk to tease soon

Zetx on
    76561197966849367.png
  • Options
    They’ve talked about it enough to make me super interested. Civilians having various little walled neighbourhoods that you can upgrade, plus civilians and the military (not sure if they’re called JTF now) fighting over resources with the various enemy factions to create a living world sounds awesome. I hope they pull it off properly.

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    I reckon it's an enemy like the drones in some incursions/pier waves or the little napalm rc cars. I do wonder if it's going to be a standalone soldier though, which would be cool beans

Hm, I wanted it to be a new ability.

Ballistic Shield and Assault Rifle doggy would be fun.

• Options
    They’ve talked about it enough to make me super interested. Civilians having various little walled neighbourhoods that you can upgrade, plus civilians and the military (not sure if they’re called JTF now) fighting over resources with the various enemy factions to create a living world sounds awesome. I hope they pull it off properly.

Ack, I've missed that part or can't remember it anymore. I'll have to look it up.

76561197966849367.png
  • Options
    Zetx wrote: »

Ack, I've missed that part or can't remember it anymore. I'll have to look it up.

There’s a lot here about the living world and the dynamic conflicts. The beta video just shown mentions upgrading those civilian settlements too.

• Options

It's the exotic visual cosmetic! :P

• Options

It's the exotic visual cosmetic! :P

If that’s the case, Deluxe Edition confirmed.

• Options
    edited January 2019
    350 points to go, but not much runway left to not have to mindlessly grind out something.

100 in WSP within reach.
    30 I can probably knock out in a days worth of Last Stand
    10 in the Underground within reach.
    25 generic PVP points within reach.
    25 rogue kill points I need to work on... D:
    30 points of survival that I have to do anyway.

edit: there's a lot of incursion / flawless mission stuff but yeah, not going to bother with that.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    350 points to go, but not much runway left to not have to mindlessly grind out something.

100 in WSP within reach.
    30 I can probably knock out in a days worth of Last Stand
    10 in the Underground within reach.
    25 generic PVP points within reach.
    25 rogue kill points I need to work on... D:
    30 points of survival that I have to do anyway.

edit: there's a lot of incursion / flawless mission stuff but yeah, not going to bother with that.

You can do it!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    has there been any info about how the single player experience will be for the division 2? if i play it it'll probably be on xb1 because i don't want to pay for ps+ and have an X but a launch 4, but most of my experience with regards to multiplayer on the xbox is that there isn't very much, especially in cooperative games that don't matchmake.

the division 1's single player was alright, but i kinda want something a little more fleshed out.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    We'll find out in the demo. In Div 1 you could matchmake for open world "single player" areas just no one really did it.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    Hope I get access to the beta, I did get an invite for the Alpha but I was out of town so I couldn't play.

I really don't plan on buying this at full price, so pre-ordering is out of the question for now.

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    Turrets/pets are my favorite thing in any game, so... I'm down for that, whether dog or stationary.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    So... I did the underground daily on hard, then challenging, but didn't get credit for the weekly. why? I started the hard daily 10 minutes before the reset and therefore it didn't count.

ugh... that's still annoying. I can do 10 t1 hard missions for the normal weekly... but it must take 3 literal days to do the underground weekly. about to break 40 though, so there's that at least.

• Options
    So... I did the underground daily on hard, then challenging, but didn't get credit for the weekly. why? I started the hard daily 10 minutes before the reset and therefore it didn't count.

ugh... that's still annoying. I can do 10 t1 hard missions for the normal weekly... but it must take 3 literal days to do the underground weekly. about to break 40 though, so there's that at least.

yeah that shit happened to me. And like annoyingly it used up the daily for one so I had to wait to the next day to finish the weekly.

pleasepaypreacher.net