As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Division 2] Launching in March! Beta has started.

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Medic reviving a guy? Hello there multikill grenade bonus xp.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    NumiNumi Registered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    Feels like enemies are still bulletspongey at higher levels but player survivability have been hit hard by these Armor Kits that are just a worse version of medkits that you cant use while moving.

Seems like the talent Predatory isnt in the game anymore? I loved that one for survivability.

Preservation (5% heal over 3s, boosted by headshots) is the Predatory replacement but it feels quite weak. My favourite healing talent is the armour talent Patience (5% heal every 1s after being in cover for 3s) which makes you near immune to chip damage in pve since you will be healing constantly once you get in position. It also takes the edge off damage over time effects as well as letting you soak things without worry since you are always topped off.

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Are Shield(s) viable at endgame?

I’m not 30 yet.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular

I’m not 30 yet.

Not there yet, but without a gear set to support them I highly doubt they are going to be what you would consider viable IE constant use to be able to face tank stuff.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    Al_wat wrote: »
    CorriganX wrote: »
    So tired of skills being broken, Ubisoft should have rolled that shit update back immediately.

Only skill that seems unaffected is Reinforcer Chem Launcher.

Also, jesus christ the Seeker Mine Cluster skill is absolute dogshit, it does crap damage.

I am absolutely loving the cluster bombs, they're softening up huge amounts of people.

I requested to join Woe Bundy

I also recommend everyone in PA2 join Woe Bundy. Might as well all get in a clan that has room and some progress

I'll leave PA2 and join WB tonight, the OP should be updated as well.

• Options
    finnithfinnith ... TorontoRegistered User regular

I’m not 30 yet.

I saw on Reddit someone use the bigger shields with the repair drone up. He would just get hit and the drone would just immediately repair the dmg to the shield.

Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
  • Options
    El MuchoEl Mucho Registered User regular
    @CorriganX I applied for to the Woe Bundy clan last night.

BNet: ElMucho#1392
    Origin: theRealElMucho
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Not sure if ya'll do much playing in a party but I'm rarely in a party less than 3 and holy shit does the difficulty scale up drastically. At a full 4 man they not only send more guys at you, but more elites. The reds that took 1 clip to kill solo now take 2 and a half. And if you're not paying attention, you will get flanked and destroyed fast. It's really fun. But one thing that does bug me is that some of the heavies get a little too ridiculous. 4 people dumping clips into them and they can just walk up and one shot you. They are just a bit too bullet spongy.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Yeah I cleared 2 side missions and a control point solo'ing last night in the same time a single side mission would take in a full 4 man group.
    Scaling be weird

TTODewback on
    Bless your heart.
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    My normal group has been leveling super slow, which is not normal, but just shows we all might be getting older finally. I'm at 24 and next is 19. Granted, just started at normal release for some of us, but still. The dumpster fire that is Anthem probably burned us out a bit. That's my excuse, admittedly.

We sauntered into the DZ as a 24, 19, 15, and 14 and had a blast in these PRE-META times. Hardly anyone was in there, though, only saw like four other people in two groups of two. One of the two groups of two knew their stuff, actually, but we still overwhelmed them.

I really like how non-contaminated high end stuff can drop (2 of 3 High Ends I got were not contaminated) to encourage you to go in without four people.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    My normal group has been leveling super slow, which is not normal, but just shows we all might be getting older finally. I'm at 24 and next is 19. Granted, just started at normal release for some of us, but still. The dumpster fire that is Anthem probably burned us out a bit. That's my excuse, admittedly.

We sauntered into the DZ as a 24, 19, 15, and 14 and had a blast in these PRE-META times. Hardly anyone was in there, though, only saw like four other people in two groups of two. One of the two groups of two knew their stuff, actually, but we still overwhelmed them.

I really like how non-contaminated high end stuff can drop (2 of 3 High Ends I got were not contaminated) to encourage you to go in without four people.

Yeah I enjoy that a lot of the drops you get in the DZ are just drops. Like its a great place at max level to upgrade yourself at a new tier without getting frustrated (I wish I'd thought of this when I hit tier 4 because jesus tier 4 is a jump and a level 3 control point is equivalent to "challenging" as far as difficulty so enemies are way bullet spongey and they send a lot at you).

I do believe they direly need to adjust scaling/enemy health. Like tier 4 4 man group "tank" characters are ridiculous. Especially the sledge hammer guys the outcast use, like its not fun gameplay to sit there and dodge around a dude who can one shot you while being shot at and seemingly unable to do very little damage to their overall armor, on top of the fact that my skills are not reliable which makes using things like turrets or drones which should in theory be there to help with this shit not there at all.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    CroakerCroaker Registered User regular
    I’m a tiny bit hesitant to judge the bullet sponge characteristics of enemies pre-WT5 and sets being in the game, but I generally agree with all of the complaints about the scaling in groups.

I’m at current max gear score and I almost always solo because the content is just so much more fun that way. That’s not a great state of play.

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    I sent a join request to the PS4 PAX clan as Zavian2099. I'm enjoying Division 2 so far, some missions are difficult solo but matchmaking with a team hasn't failed me so far. I've been avoiding doing any side missions until lvl 30 as that's what a bunch of YouTube tips videos told me. Also, LMGs seem pretty beast if you have a 100 magazine one

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Why do they suggest not doing side missions until level 30?

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    Why do they suggest not doing side missions until level 30?

The loot you get is scaled, so you would get max lvl loot apparently that way

• Options
    Marco of griefer fame now... Suggested holding on doing side quests until your mid teens to level up faster since main story missions don't scale their exp but side missions do and side missions are worth about a third of a level each time you do them. I wouldn't know why you'd wait on them till max level for loot that seems silly there are so many ways to get loot.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Preacher wrote: »
    Marco of griefer fame now... Suggested holding on doing side quests until your mid teens to level up faster since main story missions don't scale their exp but side missions do and side missions are worth about a third of a level each time you do them. I wouldn't know why you'd wait on them till max level for loot that seems silly there are so many ways to get loot.

Not really sure that's even accurate as the reward from one of the story missions has continually increased. I think one is 100k now, it was 70k before.

The only things that haven't scaled XP wise for me have been projects.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »
    I sent a join request to the PS4 PAX clan as Zavian2099. I'm enjoying Division 2 so far, some missions are difficult solo but matchmaking with a team hasn't failed me so far. I've been avoiding doing any side missions until lvl 30 as that's what a bunch of YouTube tips videos told me. Also, LMGs seem pretty beast if you have a 100 magazine one

I will take care of it when I get home if someone else doesnt get to it first.

Not really sure that's even accurate as the reward from one of the story missions has continually increased. I think one is 100k now, it was 70k before.

That was actually one of the things I think they patched last week was that main missions scaled just like side missions.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options

They might have changed that then. Because at "early access" or whatever they called the gold period story missions had set exp.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    They did. Probably should have added "anymore" but IDK when they posted that video or whatever was being used to advise not doing it.

Unfortunately, that now means this game has the slow pace doing everything up to mid level and then rocket to max if you're doing everything. Although the enemy damage also seems to be keeping up, in that it enemies that are at -2 levels can still hurt me and I don't just one shot everything (unless stacked headshot damage sniping), and OH GOD THE SCALING IS BROKEN AND POINTLESS AND THEN NUMBERS ARE MEANINGLESS IS THIS THE ANTHEM REDDIT/THREAD? :hydra:

• Options
    Here's where I got that tip from:
    https://youtu.be/hdkxyv7RJBk?t=2m37s

• Options
    Published on Mar 13, 2019

There's been two patches since then, one on the 14th then one on the 16th.

• Options
    Well scaling in this does feel broken at end game. Like I was doing a challenging mission last night on roosevelt and it just felt bad to be getting bullied by red bar or yellow enemies who can rush you in the open because you can not damage them enough fast enough. apparently its related to 4 man groups or something? But seriously like the skills not working or skill mods being broken ubisoft needs to at least respond and be like "yeah we know this feels like shit"

My hope is like challenging is balanced around tier 5? And when that releases enemies will go back to being easier to take down and more in line with player health, because as it stands right now its like challenging in division 1 with less ability to counter enemies/heal allies.

Also I don't know if exotic drops are broken or I'm the unluckiest fuck at all but I haven't gotten a single one yet at all and I've been in the range to potentially see them since thursday and easily put in I want to say twenty hours at that content level without seeing any exotic drops. I can't even upgrade the starter ones they give you because I didn't upgrade them earlier and I don't have the pieces to do it now or something? i have no idea.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Published on Mar 13, 2019

There's been two patches since then, one on the 14th then one on the 16th.

I'm also only level 10, forgive my ignorant n00b ways. I haven't had any problems really just doing main missions and control points so far, but nice to know I can dive into side missions

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Well scaling in this does feel broken at end game. Like I was doing a challenging mission last night on roosevelt and it just felt bad to be getting bullied by red bar or yellow enemies who can rush you in the open because you can not damage them enough fast enough. apparently its related to 4 man groups or something? But seriously like the skills not working or skill mods being broken ubisoft needs to at least respond and be like "yeah we know this feels like shit"

My hope is like challenging is balanced around tier 5? And when that releases enemies will go back to being easier to take down and more in line with player health, because as it stands right now its like challenging in division 1 with less ability to counter enemies/heal allies.

Also I don't know if exotic drops are broken or I'm the unluckiest fuck at all but I haven't gotten a single one yet at all and I've been in the range to potentially see them since thursday and easily put in I want to say twenty hours at that content level without seeing any exotic drops. I can't even upgrade the starter ones they give you because I didn't upgrade them earlier and I don't have the pieces to do it now or something? i have no idea.

If it works like the mod printer filament... you have to dismantle an exotic to get the exotic thing... similar to Destiny.
    [Skills] Certain skills will self-destruct within a short period and go on cooldown.

There's probably a tweet or two out there too? IDK, but they know and there's a fix on the way.

Source

Also hope they don't fix this because it's so amusing and surreal:
    [NPC] NPC’s may sometimes fly into the air when killed.
    Status: Improvements made, ongoing work to resolve any remaining issues.

tastydonuts on
  • Options

If it works like the mod printer filament... you have to dismantle an exotic to get the exotic thing... similar to Destiny.
    [Skills] Certain skills will self-destruct within a short period and go on cooldown.

There's probably a tweet or two out there too? IDK, but they know and there's a fix on the way.

Source

Its beyond needing an exotic mat I think one of the requirements is having a leveled up version of that gun to get to a max level but how the fuck would I have that if I can't get it to level up in the first place

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular

Source
    Yeah they've been working on this one the whole time. Hopefully they get a fix in soon because generally not being able to trust most of the skills in the game is a pretty big downer.
    Only if by "improvements made" do they mean "NPCs will now always fly into the air when killed will I find this acceptable.

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    I've just been solo so far, though grouping would be really fun if someone was in the same level range. I think I moved in to the fourth area after knocking out all the main and side missions, control points, and other random crap, and I think I'm sitting at level 11 or 12. The pacing feels really good to me so far. Only real struggle is that I've had this same sniper rifle for a while and it's not OHK headshots anymore.

Also is it just not having enough of the mods to use yet or are LMGs just generally better than assault rifles? So far they all look to have similar damage, RoF, and falloff, but they have a substantially larger magazine with only a marginally slower reload (which I can improve with a mod right now).

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    Saldonas wrote: »
    I've just been solo so far, though grouping would be really fun if someone was in the same level range. I think I moved in to the fourth area after knocking out all the main and side missions, control points, and other random crap, and I think I'm sitting at level 11 or 12. The pacing feels really good to me so far. Only real struggle is that I've had this same sniper rifle for a while and it's not OHK headshots anymore.

Also is it just not having enough of the mods to use yet or are LMGs just generally better than assault rifles? So far they all look to have similar damage, RoF, and falloff, but they have a substantially larger magazine with only a marginally slower reload (which I can improve with a mod right now).

The AR bonus to health damage feels way better to me than the LMG bonus to targets out of cover. But I just prefer the look and feel of the AR's to the LMGs

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Hmmm, I don't think I even knew they had bonuses like that. I think I've just sort of glossed over any bonuses after the accuracy/stability part.

• Options
    but... it's before the accuracy and stability part. :P

• Options
    Also for me LMG's tend to like keep you trapped longer in a given position to deal dps, versus the AR feeling you can get similar dps faster.

And preacher pro tip A PPP if you will. For those doing the ubisoft club challenge for pistol kills go to a normalized dark zone, your pistol can kill red bar enemies in a couple shots.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Also I got the superior workbench upgrade last night whoop
    wish I had it like 10 levels earlier when i could appreciate all them purps

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    For me, LMG use is pretty situational, whereas assault rifle use is kinda universal. What I mean is that, to really utilize the LMG to its maximum potential, you need targets to be out of cover. This pretty much means that it's really only going to be used to its strengths when the baddies are rushing you. Which means it's perfect for the Supply Drop activity. Compare that to the assault rifle where it's doing its bonus regardless of enemy behavior/cover.

Also, using the 5.56 extended magazine helps bring the assault rifle up to LMG ammo capacities (especially if you manage to get one with a stacked +20% magazine capacity boost...it's nice having 74 assault rifle rounds between reloads).

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    Erlkönig wrote: »
    For me, LMG use is pretty situational, whereas assault rifle use is kinda universal. What I mean is that, to really utilize the LMG to its maximum potential, you need targets to be out of cover. This pretty much means that it's really only going to be used to its strengths when the baddies are rushing you. Which means it's perfect for the Supply Drop activity. Compare that to the assault rifle where it's doing its bonus regardless of enemy behavior/cover.

Also, using the 5.56 extended magazine helps bring the assault rifle up to LMG ammo capacities (especially if you manage to get one with a stacked +20% magazine capacity boost...it's nice having 74 assault rifle rounds between reloads).

The extended mag's downside is actually another positive to me since it reduces ROF which seemingly keeps the gun more accurate when I'm firing!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    If you can't choose between AR and LMG, just use an RPK. It's basically a mix between the two. I love mine.

• Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    Also for me LMG's tend to like keep you trapped longer in a given position to deal dps, versus the AR feeling you can get similar dps faster.

And preacher pro tip A PPP if you will. For those doing the ubisoft club challenge for pistol kills go to a normalized dark zone, your pistol can kill red bar enemies in a couple shots.

LMGs are great in teams, because the suppression effect does wonders for letting your teammates flank and use grenades. Playing solo, and their downsides rack up. Reload speed alone will get you killed a lot.

• Options
    This just shows how little I actually know about this game XD

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Still in my teens, but I am enjoying the rifle/SMG combo that I used in OG Division 1.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    CroakerCroaker Registered User regular

The biggest disappoint for me scaling-wise so far has been the starting damage of the specialization weapons. Ammo isn't as rare/scarce as it was in the demo events, but it's still rare enough that I hold onto it a lot and get annoyed at how many shots it takes to break through armor on Challenging yellow enemies.

Admittedly, I haven't sunk the specialization points into the bonus damage skill yet because it's so damned expensive. That's what I'm working on next.