As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Division 2] Launching in March! Beta has started.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Also can I change my face I slipped and made my dude accidentally a horrible golem.

Presently, there are no options to change or modify your body type, or facial structure (face/skin/eyes)...

and the barber NPC is unlocked later down the line so assuming you're not too far in, you can delete and restart, though I'm not sure if you can reclaim the claimed bonus items if you do... but yeah, that's the only way.

edit: kind of weird that they don't let you change eyes since that could be explained away as contacts, but eh.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Well that is unfortunate.

Gotta find me a balaclava or something.

Man, the game world sure is hella detailed tho isn't it?

Juggernut on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

There masks that look great you can replace your freaky mishappen face with

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »

But what if by the time he gets enough levels and experience to get masks he realizes that true beauty lies within, and he doesn't need to cover his small and too widely spaced eyes that aren't offset by his large and rather bulbous nose?

• Options

But what if by the time he gets enough levels and experience to get masks he realizes that true beauty lies within, and he doesn't need to cover his small and too widely spaced eyes that aren't offset by his large and rather bulbous nose?

He'll still want to cover that uggo up for others benefits who aren't so enlightened.

"Yo cryano cover that flank and like stay away from the rest of us."

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    El MuchoEl Mucho Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    GaryO wrote: »
    Anyone else had the
    hunters
    stalk you. not the 12 whose masks you get, but other ones just out in the wild.
    I had one watch me pick up a phone call (building inbetween 20th st NW and 19th ST NW), and another stalk me at H Street NW and 16th Street NW north of the Whitehouse.
    had my minimap and display go all static filled and so started looking around and sure enough spotted them, but they ran off
    I had this happen but I never saw the Hunter. I was approaching a public execution walked past a small structure and my hud went all staticy. Froze because hunters always put me on edge and scanned the area. I initiated the public event, wary that I may also have to fight a hunter but then the static stopped.

I've been on edge about hunters since that side mission.

El Mucho on
    BNet: ElMucho#1392
    Origin: theRealElMucho
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Also can I change my face I slipped and made my dude accidentally a horrible golem.

Presently, there are no options to change or modify your body type, or facial structure (face/skin/eyes)...

and the barber NPC is unlocked later down the line so assuming you're not too far in, you can delete and restart, though I'm not sure if you can reclaim the claimed bonus items if you do... but yeah, that's the only way.

edit: kind of weird that they don't let you change eyes since that could be explained away as contacts, but eh.

I've actually been warned away from using the barber because apparently it is bugged and can end up completely changing your appearance in unintended ways, even down to changing your gender.

So if you wanted to roll the dice, you could try that.

This is what happens when your barber is not a trained and licensed and bonded hair style professional, but some random MD you pick up in a camp.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    I found a ski mask but my character just wears it like a beanie
    How does that help you at all.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Try /visor

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Is..is that a thing?

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    El Mucho wrote: »
    GaryO wrote: »
    Anyone else had the
    hunters
    stalk you. not the 12 whose masks you get, but other ones just out in the wild.
    I had one watch me pick up a phone call (building inbetween 20th st NW and 19th ST NW), and another stalk me at H Street NW and 16th Street NW north of the Whitehouse.
    had my minimap and display go all static filled and so started looking around and sure enough spotted them, but they ran off
    I had this happen but I never saw the Hunter. I was approaching a public execution walked past a small structure and my hud went all staticy. Froze because hunters always put me on edge and scanned the area. I initiated the public event, wary that I may also have to fight a hunter but then the static stopped.

I've been on edge about hunters since that side mission.
    I actually saw one in broad daylight on a roof in Foggy Bottom, by the time I saw him, he'd dropped his smoke and vanished, the rascal

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    TTODewback wrote: »
    Is..is that a thing?

Probably not in the division.
    In FFXIV, and maybe some other MMOs you could use it to open and close the visor on helmets that had them.

Just making a joke.

But it would be great if it worked.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I hope at some point we actually get something on the hunters, this would be the second game they just are there, and I want to know more at this point.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    Numi wrote: »
    Stupid wrote: »
    Is there any way to tell where you're getting gear talents from? I have 2 talents that require me to have 4 or less skill talents to activate. I have 5 but I can't figure out where they're coming from. Going through all my equipped stuff I come up with 4, and that's counting the two that are currently locked. I had a couple in mod slots, but I swapped those out and the number didn't change.
    I am having this issue myself. My gear is showing as (6) of the red attack bonuses and I can only count 4 of them on my items. If I add a red mod to a gear item the number doesn't change for (6) to (7) as I would expect, but stays exactly the same.

The mod system is strange and poorly explained. It is the slot you put the mod into that determines which stat you will get boosted, ie putting a red mod in a defensive slot will give you one extra blue shield and so on.
    Ooh! It's based on the slot not the mod. That's... unexpected. And a poor design. h well, now that I know, I can work around it.

26904.png
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    Remember that blue MPX from Ubisoft Club that you cant salvage or sell?

You can donate it to todays SMG project.

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular

Surprisingly, plastic surgery dropped in priority after the apocalypse began.

• Options
    President RexPresident Rex Registered User regular
    The OP doesn't seem to have any clan info. I'm on PC as President_Rex and still working up to 30.

Actually (settlement spoilers):
    What's up with the Castle settlement? I feel like I played a game with randos and suddenly my story progress was all different. Suddenly my map had a new, unexplored Campus settlement and ...a Castle settlement where the only mission was vengeance against people who shelled it with chemical weapons. It suddenly appeared on my map as a settlement.

I am continuing with the same general story thread: everyone except the friendly people are sociopathic assholes written like cartoonish, ham-fisted villains.

Enjoying the exploration, although the loot feels underwhelming (I'm just going to get the exact same gun 1 level higher in half an hour). Sometimes I stumble into a doorway and find I'm somehow in the same interior like 5 minutes later after wandering down halls and mantling over countertops. Once that got me stuck in a tiny contaminated area where I couldn't mantle back out. Luckily the game loads pretty quickly despite the age of my rig.

I feel weaker at 15 than I did at 5 because now the game has purple and gold heavies all over. Even mook enemy damage soak is back at Division 1 levels where I need to put 40 assault rifles in one guy to down him. I also really wish there was a crouch-walk for moving between cover.

On the plus side, I have a ranger hat and a backpack hippo..

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Around 15 it feels like things may get rote and repetitive. In any other game it would be That with slowly increasing numbers. But within the next few levels as you unlock the West side of town and new map events start wandering about and the environments vary things get much cooler.

Soon guns will start popping up with multiple special perks and neat mods that don’t seem absurdly far off.

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    Honestly some of the things they add at world tier 4 and "end game" I feel should have been there at the start. Like specializations shouldn't wait till you are finished with the main story to finally get some actual talent trees.

Or control points being taken and untaken, or leveling up control points. So many things feel kind of "we wanted to save this for end game so you wouldn't feel we didn't have end game."

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular

I feel weaker at 15 than I did at 5 because now the game has purple and gold heavies all over. Even mook enemy damage soak is back at Division 1 levels where I need to put 40 assault rifles in one guy to down him. I also really wish there was a crouch-walk for moving between cover.

Based on my experience:
    1)Purples and Golds tend to have non-head weak points like ammo bags that can be shot to do big damage and disable. Worst case, targeting the same spot can strip armor so one can perforate their gooey center
    2) You can crouch run between cover by pointing at the cover you want to go to and holding down the space key.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    GONG-00 wrote: »

Based on my experience:
    1)Purples and Golds tend to have non-head weak points like ammo bags that can be shot to do big damage and disable. Worst case, targeting the same spot can strip armor so one can perforate their gooey center
    2) You can crouch run between cover by pointing at the cover you want to go to and holding down the space key.

1) There are also purples and golds who prefer living life on the edge and prefer fashion over function. To identify them requires a keen eye or a sharp scope. These are also my favorite purple and yellow baddies since I can leverage the full extent of my stats that I've been stacking.
    2) Be very careful with this and prepare to take manual control. From what I've seen, crouch-running between cover can (about 3 times out of 10) result in the game going "Sorry, that cover move has been cancelled...enjoy your life standing out in the open."

Also:
    The OP doesn't seem to have any clan info. I'm on PC as President_Rex and still working up to 30.

It's nestled between two videos in the OP and only states that it covers the first Division game...but rest assured, the spreadsheet has extra tabs for Division 2 folks.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    Kinda bummed that the NPC shemaghs are like 47x47 or 49x49 but I can only find the 42x42 polyester whatever that you can buy for like 10 bucks. :pop:

• Options
    Doing the main mission where you get there and the gate is locked. They suggest you raise the bollards to push a truck and use it as a "battering ram"
    You raise the bollards and the truck just tips over and gently nudges the gates open.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Doing the main mission where you get there and the gate is locked. They suggest you raise the bollards to push a truck and use it as a "battering ram"
    You raise the bollards and the truck just tips over and gently nudges the gates open.

They actually tell you that?

I just walked around the side killing people to try and find a way in, went back to the front gate and just happened to stumble on that. lol.

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    “Hostage dies”

Maybe you shouldnt have run after that Sledgehammer Elite then, you dumbass.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Boy this game is way more in depth than I was expecting. I think I've somehow cancelled all the perks on my gear out. I don't know what I'm doing but I keep getting guns what shoot real good so...

I think I'm winning?

• Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    GONG-00 wrote: »

Based on my experience:

2) Alternately, you can dodge-roll to cover a good chunk of ground. I'm not sure if you're invincible while you roll or they just miss more, but you definitely take less damage moving that way.

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    It’s so great when you manage to pop explosive bags.

I had an encounter where 4-5 guys ran out of a room way down the street, all took cover in a small area. I fired a burst at them, and managed to hit a grenadiers pouch. A second later it set off some more explosives nearby and there’s a massive fireball, all dead.

• Options
    -Loki- wrote: »

I had an encounter where 4-5 guys ran out of a room way down the street, all took cover in a small area. I fired a burst at them, and managed to hit a grenadiers pouch. A second later it set off some more explosives nearby and there’s a massive fireball, all dead.

I had an outcast boss wave on an outpost resolve itself when they ran into my reinforcements and I'm guessing a detonator guy blew up the whole wave.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    About the bombers. I’m impressed with the visual effects. I was expecting gore and gibs, but a bang, reddish mist and smear on the ground is more likely what would happen.

• Options
    edited March 2019
    What are the timers for outpost takeovers like?

edit: is it annoying like you're always going to have to defend a random outpost in the middle of your territory, or is there an ebb/flow to it? Like, can you take over the map from left to right or something?

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    -Loki- wrote: »

I had an outcast boss wave on an outpost resolve itself when they ran into my reinforcements and I'm guessing a detonator guy blew up the whole wave.

I had similar happen the other night. Was defending a propaganda event, and I was watching group come out a spawn door. I was lining up a shot on the bomber and he just spread his arms and blew up the whole pack on a random patrolling friendly.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    What are the timers for outpost takeovers like?

edit: is it annoying like you're always going to have to defend a random outpost in the middle of your territory, or is there an ebb/flow to it? Like, can you take over the map from left to right or something?

Depends on if you've resupplied them, and what you've cleared of the map recently. But that said I've cleared an entire area, supplied the point and turned around and had it magically be an outcast point.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    President RexPresident Rex Registered User regular
    At level 19 now. I found a gold custom M870 MCS shotgun. I put an ACOG on it for +25% effective range. That doesn't really make any sense but it does destroy everything. It's listed as 13k in damage. I don't know if that's per pellet or what, but it melts pretty much anything in front of it. I hear level 30 is working with 30k+ damage per weapon, which sounds like a whole lot of power creep in just 30 levels.

Although, speaking of that shotgun, the gunfire sounds in this game feel really pathetic. Not everyone can be a Call of Duty or ARMA or Killing Floor, but the only thing remotely visceral is the machine guns (either shooting or getting shot). All the shotguns feel like squirt guns. The AA-12 / ACS-12 sounds like a giant stapler. It's like whoever recorded the audio didn't normalize their recording equipment and everything got clipped.

• Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    The gun sounds are a real mixed bag. Some sound good, but a lot of ARs sound like they're silenced, and yeah the ACS sounds rubbish.

If anyone is finding themselves undergeared - for instance, if you've just moved up a World Tier - I found the easiest way to get yourself up to par. First, go to vendors and buy the highest-rated gear they have, if it's higher than what you've got. This increases the score of gear that can drop for you. Then, use this map to hunt for crates hanging from parachutes around the world. They drop good gear, and you can get most of them without a fight. It's not the best way to gear yourself up, but if you're finding enemies too spongy and can't progress anymore, this is a nice safety net.

• Options
    DalantiaDalantia Registered User regular
    The mystery faction that we talked about a couple pages ago? Called the Underground faction. No actual lore beyond the death screen information.

steam_sig.png
    DS Friend code: 3840-6605-3406
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    I was running around getting more SHD caches. Suddenly my HUD goes wonky again. I was underground a lot so I was on edge looking for it.

I looked around and there was a guy on a roof, which I’ve never seen before. He had blue glowy bits. I started shooting him and the numbers came up blue as well. He then ran off and disappeared in a puff of smoke.
    Was I just being watched by a Hunter?

-Loki- on
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    This is one of my favorite games in a good while. I'm having great fun!

Lots of conversations I have with folks while playing touch on the design and detail in the game world, or how the animation and movement come together with it all. This dev team did some work.

Getting along through level 16 now. I understand I'll breach the doldrums shortly, such as they are.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    I would say yes.

• Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    Basil wrote: »
    This is one of my favorite games in a good while. I'm having great fun!

Lots of conversations I have with folks while playing touch on the design and detail in the game world, or how the animation and movement come together with it all. This dev team did some work.

Getting along through level 16 now. I understand I'll breach the doldrums shortly, such as they are.

The only problem with a game with so much detail and so much, well, clutter is really the best word, is that I'm always getting hung up on little terrain corners and angles when madly trying to dodge flamethrowers and grenades.

However, I would need to balance this against all of the bulletproof tarps, suitcases, and laundry carts.