As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Division 2] Launching in March! Beta has started.

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    Is it confirmed that Ballistic Shield is in?

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    not yet but I have no idea why it wouldn't be

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Yeah, We wiped the first go and had to do the area where you rescue the people in the normal mission again as there's no checkpoint after clearing it. So it's just two long fights back to back. The first time we posted too deep on the roof and that just didn't play out well. The second time we fought from the back with one player off to the side.

Before that I did Warrengate which I thought would be messy with the valves but that went very smoothly, esp compared to Madison.

Medics are the worst... that box... it's got like a billion hitpoints on legendary.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Warrengate and timesquare have a mixture of yellow bar, purple, and even red bar enemies, so they are easier than say amhearst to burn down.

But yeah that medic box woof, like I was doing a challenging world tier 2 underground (just to get it down) and two medics popped their boxes next to each other and it was so aggravating.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    NumiNumi Registered User regular
    If you chuck an emp grenade at the box it will stay offline for quite a while, makes things a little easier if the start of the fight goes bad and you don't manage to pop the medic from the get-go.

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Numi wrote: »
    If you chuck an emp grenade at the box it will stay offline for quite a while, makes things a little easier if the start of the fight goes bad and you don't manage to pop the medic from the get-go.

That assumes you can get to it/kill the medic. Like I've been in some sub par amhearst runs in the combat arena two where the box is like unshootable from the open section and the snipers keep people from advancing.

But one positive change we've seen from Div 2 gameplay is "armor" is like an actual thing now, so like there aren't magic boxes that restore it, its something the player/npc has to physically swap in. So on both sides npc/player side you shouldn't run into impossible to kill situations because you can't shut down the magic healing box.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    There is a risk of having the box end up in a really bad spot but most of the problems I have had in groups is from people not helping with the medic and instead trading shots with enemies that don't matter. It is usually a question of changing things up though, for instance luring enemies out using the turret or doing the false blindfire that makes enemies rush your position.

I agree with you on the armour change, it looks like a good solution. Also the idea that different factions will have different tactical settings sounds fun if they can make it work.

• Options
    There is a risk of having the box end up in a really bad spot but most of the problems I have had in groups is from people not helping with the medic and instead trading shots with enemies that don't matter. It is usually a question of changing things up though, for instance luring enemies out using the turret or doing the false blindfire that makes enemies rush your position.

I agree with you on the armour change, it looks like a good solution. Also the idea that different factions will have different tactical settings sounds fun if they can make it work.

Mostly I just don't want end game to be one faction like it is with the last man guys. I don't want battles to be these long protracted "both sides healing nothing happening" affairs, and I want some actual choices with regards to wearing sets versus not wearing sets but having something else to make up for it.

Thankfully all of those things seem to be being addressed in Div 2 from what we saw at e3, but wow has it really been that long since we've had some new info beyond like pc settings?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    I am pretty keen to see if the rumblings about putting more red bar normal mobs into the mix to give some fodder comparison to a big gold armoured boss guy hold up. That's a change that would allow a lot of variety in the combat, plus it means that maybe those shotgun waves will be proper glass cannon attacks.

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    One major improvement I'd want to see in the sequel is being able to either buy or craft special grenades. If I run Firecrest I can hold a jillion more grenades... but there's massive droughts in finding grenades.

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    One of the videos they showed said grenades are limited to 4, and each class only gets a small selection rather than the huge wheel of different types.

• Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Preacher wrote: »

That assumes you can get to it/kill the medic. Like I've been in some sub par amhearst runs in the combat arena two where the box is like unshootable from the open section and the snipers keep people from advancing.

But one positive change we've seen from Div 2 gameplay is "armor" is like an actual thing now, so like there aren't magic boxes that restore it, its something the player/npc has to physically swap in. So on both sides npc/player side you shouldn't run into impossible to kill situations because you can't shut down the magic healing box.

I'm pretty sure on that link someone threw up a few pages back where it showed that every ability you choose now has access to a healing version - and by healing version the wording was something to the effect of "restores your armor". Unless you are talking about something else.

Edit- https://tomclancy-thedivision.ubisoft.com/game/en-gb/news-updates/340871/intelligence-annex-the-division-2-skills

squall99x on
    oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    I am really hoping for a more streamlined stat mod/attribute system in TD2. That and a pipe-dream where the Dark Zone has a pvp/pve split like Survival.

76561197966849367.png
  • Options
    Napalm down... now have to do Times Square for +40 commendation points. less than 700 to go too.

Gonna have to start working that survival stuff one day. I need it for the achievements anyhow. :S

• Options
    Napalm down... now have to do Times Square for +40 commendation points. less than 700 to go too.

Gonna have to start working that survival stuff one day. I need it for the achievements anyhow. :S

Survival is really fun in my opinion. Like I think I got every commendation you can get in there.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Times Square down, surprisingly easy but fun. Really felt like you were fighting for inches of the block and all that.

Survival mode just isn't my thing. At all. Just never clicked for me.

• Options
    Times Square down, surprisingly easy but fun. Really felt like you were fighting for inches of the block and all that.

Survival mode just isn't my thing. At all. Just never clicked for me.

Well I did all but one of my runs in pve only mode, dunno if that changes anything for you.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    nah, main thing is I don't like the infection timer and the narrative reason why it's there just annoyed me further.

I did at least try to play it today, the queue just never popped.

Did some Resistance, learned the secret to surviving far too: find a recovery station and just build it up nonstop. So now I"m halfway through the shields.

• Options
    I just knocked world tier to 1, and then ran with a ninja bike defense build/nomad hybrid. You only needed to get to wave 15, not even complete it.

Its weird you don't like those mechanics because like every aspect of survival I like. The limited time, the cold, the lack of gear and having to scrounge some up. Like ordinarily I don't care about using a turret, but in survival its a god save.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    that would pair nicely with Firecrest. :P

Wound up getting pretty close to 600 points to go tonight. In a good place, close to knocking off 125 points worth of various commendations. Hit 290 gear score too in my usual loadout too.

I'll probably be able to bag two the last stand DLC achievements... and IDK. Part of me wants to do leave the kill rogues achievements from the base game uncompleted, but they're just hanging there. Really should knock them out for the retail complete...

will have to start chipping away at survival some too, I suppose.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    So HVTs are super unpleasant

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    So HVTs are super unpleasant

Most of the dailies are super easy solo but the high threat ones can be a pain.

For the weeklies it's basically the same just magnified greatly.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I tried to do a weekly that at the end is basically 3 super armored cleaners with massive range on their flamethrowers. I managed to get one down once, but you can't run while on fire so I was super dead.

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Ferro’s mask makes you immune to that, or the immune box

you can drop wt too unless you want the loot

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    If you just need to get the "do all weekly HVTS in one week" take your world tier down to 1 then you basically one shot burst everything.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    for the global events, are HVTs worth the same points no matter the tier?

• Options
    The quests might, but I doubt that the bosses themselves will drop as many credits, so that could easily be a few hundred or more you miss out on.

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    The amount of GE credits you get from the missions are scaled as well. A level 4 HVT will you 6 credits on wt1 vs 750 on wt5.

• Options
    I mean, I probably don't have great loot, so loot would be good, is 277 at about endgame?

• Options
    I would say that 277 is functional? You have sets... right?

• Options
    The gearcap is 291, but you can only really get there buy upgrading your gear incrementally in the terminal. Are you using a set or are you still in yellows? If you've got spare Phoenix creds, you can dump some into boxes that have a guaranteed Classified (top end) set item from one of the vendors there as well, it's random, but you might get lucky.

Plus, the Global Event starting tomorrow has very good sets attached to it, Nomad and D3 are particularly good for solo and you can target a specific set now with your points.

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    I have sets, but not from the same set.

• Options
    Note: GE is active today

• Options
    Just finished a 3-man Grand Central Station on Legendary and omg... that was painfully long, even with no wipes. BUT! One of them got a ninjabike and dropped it so I was able to get that. so... yay.

Only need to clear Amherst and United Nations now and I'll have that shield.

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Just finished a 3-man Grand Central Station on Legendary and omg... that was painfully long, even with no wipes. BUT! One of them got a ninjabike and dropped it so I was able to get that. so... yay.

I can't remember if I have your live name. But if you need me to return to help out for one of those runs I can! In like an hour and a half I have to wait for my son to go to bed.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »

I can't remember if I have your live name. But if you need me to return to help out for one of those runs I can! In like an hour and a half I have to wait for my son to go to bed.

You probably do from when you were in the Warframe clan? IDK. I'll check later. I did Warrengate before the Legendary run I posted about and so I needed a break. I take it the exotic cache timer triggers on completion and not on weekly reset? I cleared it yesterday...

Thought I was going to come back and a second LZ boss clear but I don't feel like that either.

• Options
    Exotic cache is like once a week but the reset is like on a saturday or something? I dunno.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    I have sets, but not from the same set.

I thought of something this morning that might be worth a go but probably won't work. Check the rewards vendor in the main base of operations hall (where all the wings are) in the resource tab you *might* have a few reactivation caches, which each have a four piece set in them. I say might because I think they were added for returning players for a short-ish period a while back and then expired but who knows, they might be there for you @Fencingsax

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    I don't think I have those, but I will check. It isn't a super big deal. I now have a buuuunch of set stuff, I just need to organize it.

Also is upgrading an item and recalibrating it the same?