Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[The Division 2] Launching in March! Beta has started.

1131416181929

Posts

  • SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Aww yiss apparently there's going to be a photo mode, I'm gonna make so many new wallpapers

    7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    rndmhero wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    rndmhero wrote: »
    Loot you extract will only be rolled after it is extracted and you will be able to earn loot that doesnt require extraction while in the DZ.

    Not sure I like this change. The wheat-to-chaff ratio in gear is pretty damn low, and having to extract everything that drops just to see if it's useable sounds like a huge pain in the ass.

    Well you don't have to extract everything since again you'll get loot in the dark zone (which is not a change unless its from drops, div 1 if you clear a landmark or a supply cache you get unextracted loot).

    I like it though because it means I'll have to extract things to know if they were worthwhile.

    It will change the rogue calculus significantly. The benefit of trying to steal 1 of 50 extractions full of random whatever will be alot lower than currently, where you can assume most extractions are likely to be concentrated exotics/classified/caches.

    I guess I'll have to see how tedious it is in practice.

    I think that's a good thing though, that way you as a player don't know if you lost a god roll, you just lost the chance at one.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
    Numi
  • MarsloMarslo Registered User regular
    edited January 20
    squall99x wrote: »
    Marslo wrote: »
    squall99x wrote: »
    Marslo wrote: »
    squall99x wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    I had not heard exotics were going destiny style. That's an interesting change.

    The only thing I have hear mentioned was in relation to the exotic pre order / special edition items that are exotic. They said that they are basically low level versions of another exotic with a slightly different name and skin on them. So after you out level them you just look to getting the normal one to replace it.

    iirc you get a crafting schematic so you can make a new copy at max level

    The equip limit is pretty interesting though, hopefully it means there can be more dramatic effects on them or really nice holster talents etc

    The original info was pulled from the state of the game stream back in October. They start talking about exotics around the 12 minute mark.

    http://www.twitch.tv/thedivisiongame/v/321203011?sr=a&t=881s

    I'm waiting on some more recent updates on some of that stuff. October to March is a long time for things to change and be adjusted. Hoping that in the upcoming weeks they re cover some of that ground to give more details /confirm that things haven't changed any.

    I'm just happy they're trying to apply a horizontal progression system with weapons. I find myself much more engaged whit the progress you make with gear, if its not automatically thrown out the window as soon as you hit the level cap.

    I'm going to reserve judgement until I see it in action - but it is currently hard for me to believe that they will allow you to carry a gun with you from level 5 to level 30 with god knows what item/power level you have at that point regardless if it is exotic or not. I have a feeling you should prepare yourself for the eventuality that you will still toss pretty much everything you earn while leveling as soon as you start getting stuff at level cap and especially after as you begin to climb in power levels at max character level. Loot based games just don't deal with the idea of people not periodically changing out all their stuff very well.

    If you have a chance go try out destiny, they do this very well and marcostyle also released a video on how the a abolition of leveling would benefit action RPGs.




    I understand that its unfamiliar, with the usual way endgame progress is made with MMORPGs.

    Marslo on
  • squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    Marslo wrote: »
    squall99x wrote: »
    Marslo wrote: »
    squall99x wrote: »
    Marslo wrote: »
    squall99x wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    I had not heard exotics were going destiny style. That's an interesting change.

    The only thing I have hear mentioned was in relation to the exotic pre order / special edition items that are exotic. They said that they are basically low level versions of another exotic with a slightly different name and skin on them. So after you out level them you just look to getting the normal one to replace it.

    iirc you get a crafting schematic so you can make a new copy at max level

    The equip limit is pretty interesting though, hopefully it means there can be more dramatic effects on them or really nice holster talents etc

    The original info was pulled from the state of the game stream back in October. They start talking about exotics around the 12 minute mark.

    http://www.twitch.tv/thedivisiongame/v/321203011?sr=a&t=881s

    I'm waiting on some more recent updates on some of that stuff. October to March is a long time for things to change and be adjusted. Hoping that in the upcoming weeks they re cover some of that ground to give more details /confirm that things haven't changed any.

    I'm just happy they're trying to apply a horizontal progression system with weapons. I find myself much more engaged whit the progress you make with gear, if its not automatically thrown out the window as soon as you hit the level cap.

    I'm going to reserve judgement until I see it in action - but it is currently hard for me to believe that they will allow you to carry a gun with you from level 5 to level 30 with god knows what item/power level you have at that point regardless if it is exotic or not. I have a feeling you should prepare yourself for the eventuality that you will still toss pretty much everything you earn while leveling as soon as you start getting stuff at level cap and especially after as you begin to climb in power levels at max character level. Loot based games just don't deal with the idea of people not periodically changing out all their stuff very well.

    If you have a chance go try out destiny, they do this very well and marcostyle also released a video on how the a abolition of leveling would benefit action RPGs.




    I understand that its unfamiliar, with the usual way endgame progress is made with MMORPGs.

    I play Destiny, and have since the Beta, and I don't think that the topic you are talking about earlier really applies. Destiny has had plenty of hard resets in the past where all of your previous / lower level gear is invalidated. In fact the majority of your gear while leveling is probably going to be blue quality gear that has less stats on it and is specifically meant to be tossed as you get better items towards your level cap. Yes, they have across the board Infusion now (feeding another item to a lower level item to raise its power level) but that wasn't always a thing and the cost associated with it can be onerous depending on how long you have been playing. Regardless, all of that really starts at max level and not while you are leveling.

    I haven't watched the MarcoStyle video, but I am going to make an assumption that he is addressing the topic of the actual process of having to level the character being needless because all that really matters for the lifetime of the game is your characters overall "power level" which doesn't start till max level anyway. There isn't anything inherently wrong with that - its just that a lot of people like the idea of leveling and unlocking things as they do because it provides an easily recognizable sense of progression. Sure you could just have doing certain missions unlock skills and abilities - that's a fine way of doing it - it's just not the way most people are used to.

    oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • MarsloMarslo Registered User regular
    squall99x wrote: »
    Marslo wrote: »
    squall99x wrote: »
    Marslo wrote: »
    squall99x wrote: »
    Marslo wrote: »
    squall99x wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    I had not heard exotics were going destiny style. That's an interesting change.

    The only thing I have hear mentioned was in relation to the exotic pre order / special edition items that are exotic. They said that they are basically low level versions of another exotic with a slightly different name and skin on them. So after you out level them you just look to getting the normal one to replace it.

    iirc you get a crafting schematic so you can make a new copy at max level

    The equip limit is pretty interesting though, hopefully it means there can be more dramatic effects on them or really nice holster talents etc

    The original info was pulled from the state of the game stream back in October. They start talking about exotics around the 12 minute mark.

    http://www.twitch.tv/thedivisiongame/v/321203011?sr=a&t=881s

    I'm waiting on some more recent updates on some of that stuff. October to March is a long time for things to change and be adjusted. Hoping that in the upcoming weeks they re cover some of that ground to give more details /confirm that things haven't changed any.

    I'm just happy they're trying to apply a horizontal progression system with weapons. I find myself much more engaged whit the progress you make with gear, if its not automatically thrown out the window as soon as you hit the level cap.

    I'm going to reserve judgement until I see it in action - but it is currently hard for me to believe that they will allow you to carry a gun with you from level 5 to level 30 with god knows what item/power level you have at that point regardless if it is exotic or not. I have a feeling you should prepare yourself for the eventuality that you will still toss pretty much everything you earn while leveling as soon as you start getting stuff at level cap and especially after as you begin to climb in power levels at max character level. Loot based games just don't deal with the idea of people not periodically changing out all their stuff very well.

    If you have a chance go try out destiny, they do this very well and marcostyle also released a video on how the a abolition of leveling would benefit action RPGs.




    I understand that its unfamiliar, with the usual way endgame progress is made with MMORPGs.

    I play Destiny, and have since the Beta, and I don't think that the topic you are talking about earlier really applies. Destiny has had plenty of hard resets in the past where all of your previous / lower level gear is invalidated. In fact the majority of your gear while leveling is probably going to be blue quality gear that has less stats on it and is specifically meant to be tossed as you get better items towards your level cap. Yes, they have across the board Infusion now (feeding another item to a lower level item to raise its power level) but that wasn't always a thing and the cost associated with it can be onerous depending on how long you have been playing. Regardless, all of that really starts at max level and not while you are leveling.

    I haven't watched the MarcoStyle video, but I am going to make an assumption that he is addressing the topic of the actual process of having to level the character being needless because all that really matters for the lifetime of the game is your characters overall "power level" which doesn't start till max level anyway. There isn't anything inherently wrong with that - its just that a lot of people like the idea of leveling and unlocking things as they do because it provides an easily recognizable sense of progression. Sure you could just have doing certain missions unlock skills and abilities - that's a fine way of doing it - it's just not the way most people are used to.

    Not really, but I won't go in to it. He does a good job of explaining it, if you wanna take the time.

    What I'm taking about in destiny 2 currently, is how if you find an exotic early on. It's unlocked and stays with you no matter your powered level. Yes there's a cost, that's what they propably mean by system.

    I'm glad they're applying this philosophy with mods already.

  • squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    Marslo wrote: »
    squall99x wrote: »
    Marslo wrote: »
    squall99x wrote: »
    Marslo wrote: »
    squall99x wrote: »
    Marslo wrote: »
    squall99x wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    I had not heard exotics were going destiny style. That's an interesting change.

    The only thing I have hear mentioned was in relation to the exotic pre order / special edition items that are exotic. They said that they are basically low level versions of another exotic with a slightly different name and skin on them. So after you out level them you just look to getting the normal one to replace it.

    iirc you get a crafting schematic so you can make a new copy at max level

    The equip limit is pretty interesting though, hopefully it means there can be more dramatic effects on them or really nice holster talents etc

    The original info was pulled from the state of the game stream back in October. They start talking about exotics around the 12 minute mark.

    http://www.twitch.tv/thedivisiongame/v/321203011?sr=a&t=881s

    I'm waiting on some more recent updates on some of that stuff. October to March is a long time for things to change and be adjusted. Hoping that in the upcoming weeks they re cover some of that ground to give more details /confirm that things haven't changed any.

    I'm just happy they're trying to apply a horizontal progression system with weapons. I find myself much more engaged whit the progress you make with gear, if its not automatically thrown out the window as soon as you hit the level cap.

    I'm going to reserve judgement until I see it in action - but it is currently hard for me to believe that they will allow you to carry a gun with you from level 5 to level 30 with god knows what item/power level you have at that point regardless if it is exotic or not. I have a feeling you should prepare yourself for the eventuality that you will still toss pretty much everything you earn while leveling as soon as you start getting stuff at level cap and especially after as you begin to climb in power levels at max character level. Loot based games just don't deal with the idea of people not periodically changing out all their stuff very well.

    If you have a chance go try out destiny, they do this very well and marcostyle also released a video on how the a abolition of leveling would benefit action RPGs.




    I understand that its unfamiliar, with the usual way endgame progress is made with MMORPGs.

    I play Destiny, and have since the Beta, and I don't think that the topic you are talking about earlier really applies. Destiny has had plenty of hard resets in the past where all of your previous / lower level gear is invalidated. In fact the majority of your gear while leveling is probably going to be blue quality gear that has less stats on it and is specifically meant to be tossed as you get better items towards your level cap. Yes, they have across the board Infusion now (feeding another item to a lower level item to raise its power level) but that wasn't always a thing and the cost associated with it can be onerous depending on how long you have been playing. Regardless, all of that really starts at max level and not while you are leveling.

    I haven't watched the MarcoStyle video, but I am going to make an assumption that he is addressing the topic of the actual process of having to level the character being needless because all that really matters for the lifetime of the game is your characters overall "power level" which doesn't start till max level anyway. There isn't anything inherently wrong with that - its just that a lot of people like the idea of leveling and unlocking things as they do because it provides an easily recognizable sense of progression. Sure you could just have doing certain missions unlock skills and abilities - that's a fine way of doing it - it's just not the way most people are used to.

    Not really, but I won't go in to it. He does a good job of explaining it, if you wanna take the time.

    What I'm taking about in destiny 2 currently, is how if you find an exotic early on. It's unlocked and stays with you no matter your powered level. Yes there's a cost, that's what they propably mean by system.

    I'm glad they're applying this philosophy with mods already.

    So, just finished with the video. I feel like he basically said what I was saying just from a different approach. He is still saying that the leveling up process doesn't matter (and even gives a few examples of how to potentially skip it) but he focuses on the idea of the fact that people aren't actually meaningfully engaging in a lot of the systems in place in these games until they get to the end of the game because of the fact they know they will level past it. One of his solutions to solving people not engaging in the systems is to get rid of levels so that the system is always valuable, since if you get a purple item on the first mission it has the same potential value as getting on the last mission.

    I think he muddles his point (he even mentions this in some contexts) by throwing single player open world games, such as The Witcher, in the mix. In a single player game the issues tend to be concerned with people not engaging in systems and content because it has "no value" until higher/max level. In games like The Division, Anthem, Destiny etc the issue is the more classic MMO issue of "The game doesn't really start till End Game" and generally deals with the churn players have with loot.

    I think the Mod thing is interesting and probably a smart way of doing it. Since you want all players to have access and make choices based on preference. For a game based around loot though if you extend that design style to too many things you have shortened the lifespan of your game for a great many people.

    oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    I had not heard exotics were going destiny style. That's an interesting change.

    Then I shall make the most of my double The Houses now.


    This rogue status thing sounds like a thing they'll do an achievement for while "stealing supply drops" seems like a PVEish way to rogue out or something the rogue system in D1 has really made me extremely averse to the mechanic in general.

    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
    Preacher
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    I had not heard exotics were going destiny style. That's an interesting change.

    Then I shall make the most of my double The Houses now.


    This rogue status thing sounds like a thing they'll do an achievement for while "stealing supply drops" seems like a PVEish way to rogue out or something the rogue system in D1 has really made me extremely averse to the mechanic in general.

    Yeah white rogueing in div 2 seems to appeal to pve players "look you can just steal shit you don't have to shoot people"

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • MarsloMarslo Registered User regular
    squall99x wrote: »
    Marslo wrote: »
    squall99x wrote: »
    Marslo wrote: »
    squall99x wrote: »
    Marslo wrote: »
    squall99x wrote: »
    Marslo wrote: »
    squall99x wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    I had not heard exotics were going destiny style. That's an interesting change.

    The only thing I have hear mentioned was in relation to the exotic pre order / special edition items that are exotic. They said that they are basically low level versions of another exotic with a slightly different name and skin on them. So after you out level them you just look to getting the normal one to replace it.

    iirc you get a crafting schematic so you can make a new copy at max level

    The equip limit is pretty interesting though, hopefully it means there can be more dramatic effects on them or really nice holster talents etc

    The original info was pulled from the state of the game stream back in October. They start talking about exotics around the 12 minute mark.

    http://www.twitch.tv/thedivisiongame/v/321203011?sr=a&t=881s

    I'm waiting on some more recent updates on some of that stuff. October to March is a long time for things to change and be adjusted. Hoping that in the upcoming weeks they re cover some of that ground to give more details /confirm that things haven't changed any.

    I'm just happy they're trying to apply a horizontal progression system with weapons. I find myself much more engaged whit the progress you make with gear, if its not automatically thrown out the window as soon as you hit the level cap.

    I'm going to reserve judgement until I see it in action - but it is currently hard for me to believe that they will allow you to carry a gun with you from level 5 to level 30 with god knows what item/power level you have at that point regardless if it is exotic or not. I have a feeling you should prepare yourself for the eventuality that you will still toss pretty much everything you earn while leveling as soon as you start getting stuff at level cap and especially after as you begin to climb in power levels at max character level. Loot based games just don't deal with the idea of people not periodically changing out all their stuff very well.

    If you have a chance go try out destiny, they do this very well and marcostyle also released a video on how the a abolition of leveling would benefit action RPGs.




    I understand that its unfamiliar, with the usual way endgame progress is made with MMORPGs.

    I play Destiny, and have since the Beta, and I don't think that the topic you are talking about earlier really applies. Destiny has had plenty of hard resets in the past where all of your previous / lower level gear is invalidated. In fact the majority of your gear while leveling is probably going to be blue quality gear that has less stats on it and is specifically meant to be tossed as you get better items towards your level cap. Yes, they have across the board Infusion now (feeding another item to a lower level item to raise its power level) but that wasn't always a thing and the cost associated with it can be onerous depending on how long you have been playing. Regardless, all of that really starts at max level and not while you are leveling.

    I haven't watched the MarcoStyle video, but I am going to make an assumption that he is addressing the topic of the actual process of having to level the character being needless because all that really matters for the lifetime of the game is your characters overall "power level" which doesn't start till max level anyway. There isn't anything inherently wrong with that - its just that a lot of people like the idea of leveling and unlocking things as they do because it provides an easily recognizable sense of progression. Sure you could just have doing certain missions unlock skills and abilities - that's a fine way of doing it - it's just not the way most people are used to.

    Not really, but I won't go in to it. He does a good job of explaining it, if you wanna take the time.

    What I'm taking about in destiny 2 currently, is how if you find an exotic early on. It's unlocked and stays with you no matter your powered level. Yes there's a cost, that's what they propably mean by system.

    I'm glad they're applying this philosophy with mods already.

    So, just finished with the video. I feel like he basically said what I was saying just from a different approach. He is still saying that the leveling up process doesn't matter (and even gives a few examples of how to potentially skip it) but he focuses on the idea of the fact that people aren't actually meaningfully engaging in a lot of the systems in place in these games until they get to the end of the game because of the fact they know they will level past it. One of his solutions to solving people not engaging in the systems is to get rid of levels so that the system is always valuable, since if you get a purple item on the first mission it has the same potential value as getting on the last mission.

    I think he muddles his point (he even mentions this in some contexts) by throwing single player open world games, such as The Witcher, in the mix. In a single player game the issues tend to be concerned with people not engaging in systems and content because it has "no value" until higher/max level. In games like The Division, Anthem, Destiny etc the issue is the more classic MMO issue of "The game doesn't really start till End Game" and generally deals with the churn players have with loot.

    I think the Mod thing is interesting and probably a smart way of doing it. Since you want all players to have access and make choices based on preference. For a game based around loot though if you extend that design style to too many things you have shortened the lifespan of your game for a great many people.

    sure.

    But ya the mod thing is great, i think theres a separation that will happen with looter shooters and original rpgs is that you can upgrade your personal skill level as well, A la dark souls. So you dont have to only count on your gear level to have the upper hand, but also your reflex.

    I agree that gear progression is important, i try to play the division 1 now and i dont look at 90% of the gear. If its not classified, a house or a lightweight m4, its automatically scraped and that kills the excitement for me.

    Preacher
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I actually liked how in RDR 2 online, which is a different style to like the division don't get me wrong, but I liked how for the most part a rank 1 person in RDR 2 online can one shot a rank 100+ the same as anyone else.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
    Qanamil
  • rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    I'm curious to see how the normalization plays out in practice. A lot of the benefits from end game gear aren't just quantitative increases (ie "I do more damage") but qualitative differences in how classes play (ie "I stack damage increases" or "my healing now also does x, y, and z" or "my shots now apply bleeds/burns/whatever"). Playstyle-defining abilities like that are much harder to normalize than raw HP/damage numbers, which is always a struggle for MMOish games.

    Loire_Eure_Chartres5_tango7174.jpg
    Dizzen
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    rndmhero wrote: »
    I'm curious to see how the normalization plays out in practice. A lot of the benefits from end game gear aren't just quantitative increases (ie "I do more damage") but qualitative differences in how classes play (ie "I stack damage increases" or "my healing now also does x, y, and z" or "my shots now apply bleeds/burns/whatever"). Playstyle-defining abilities like that are much harder to normalize than raw HP/damage numbers, which is always a struggle for MMOish games.

    Yeah which is what Marco said he'll have to see about normalization. Though I can say having played PVP specific modes in Div 1, the normalization there made fights feel a lot more fun than regular dark zone stuff.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    So I wasn't really following Division 2, but then for some reason I reinstalled Division 1 a few days ago and remembered how much fun it was. It's a game I actually never finished (I would burn out hunting down every quest and collectible and then lose steam), but I think I might this time. Does anyone know if Division 2 is going to have a base building kind of mechanic the way D1 did (with your HQ)? I love that kind of stuff in games.

    GMaster7
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited January 21
    Preacher wrote: »
    rndmhero wrote: »
    I'm curious to see how the normalization plays out in practice. A lot of the benefits from end game gear aren't just quantitative increases (ie "I do more damage") but qualitative differences in how classes play (ie "I stack damage increases" or "my healing now also does x, y, and z" or "my shots now apply bleeds/burns/whatever"). Playstyle-defining abilities like that are much harder to normalize than raw HP/damage numbers, which is always a struggle for MMOish games.

    Yeah which is what Marco said he'll have to see about normalization. Though I can say having played PVP specific modes in Div 1, the normalization there made fights feel a lot more fun than regular dark zone stuff.

    Yeah, while the house still generally always wins (esp if it's on a pvp modded player), it's a lot less garbage than the Dark Zone pvp.


    edit: there was mention of base building but it's mostly been in context of a clan activity. Though I imagine there will be solo base stuff too for the DC base.

    tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    So I wasn't really following Division 2, but then for some reason I reinstalled Division 1 a few days ago and remembered how much fun it was. It's a game I actually never finished (I would burn out hunting down every quest and collectible and then lose steam), but I think I might this time. Does anyone know if Division 2 is going to have a base building kind of mechanic the way D1 did (with your HQ)? I love that kind of stuff in games.

    I believe so yes, they've already told where the home base will be this time.

    Its the white house.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
    rndmheroSnicketysnick
  • LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    So I wasn't really following Division 2, but then for some reason I reinstalled Division 1 a few days ago and remembered how much fun it was. It's a game I actually never finished (I would burn out hunting down every quest and collectible and then lose steam), but I think I might this time. Does anyone know if Division 2 is going to have a base building kind of mechanic the way D1 did (with your HQ)? I love that kind of stuff in games.

    I believe so yes, they've already told where the home base will be this time.

    Its the white house.

    I am now no longer going to try and recreate my Division 1 character and will instead try and make an accurate a copy as possible of:
    enZ6iTy.jpg

  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Saddest part about playing the game now is there’s no one playing the early game. Unless you’ve got a friend playing at the same time chances of match making are slim to none.

  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    So, I told myself that today I would commit to doing a match of survival and stick through it, and got entirely on board with it.
    I got the mask, flare and filter in the dark zone. I didn't have any medkits to make a healbox though, so I spent a bit of time mucking about trying to get one of those.

    I failed however, as impatience and boredom finally got the better of me and someone triggered an extraction and I figured that it would be quicker working together, even though I still had 20+ minutes... I probably should have just mucked about until I found a fabric to craft a medkit... but eh, so it goes.

    Had I not tried to get that clothes achievement, I would have had the fabric, heh.

    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • ZetxZetx Part-time Lurker, Fixer Registered User regular
    edited January 22
    Currently live with gameplay and discussion on DZ stuff: https://www.twitch.tv/thedivisiongame/

    Here's the VOD: At the end, there's a chunk of 'raw' gameplay.

    In other news, I finished the second tier of shields! Probably won't do the last half of those, but glad I finished off the second set instead of it just hanging right there.

    Zetx on
    steam_sig.png
    tastydonutsBasilSnicketysnick
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    February's shield is just 291 or 290 gearscore, so you should be able to hit that one.

    While I have 3 full classified sets, I only have 66% progress on the shield... kind of confused.

    I have 500 points to go before getting that shield, the exotics and... then there's survival...

    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    February's shield is just 291 or 290 gearscore, so you should be able to hit that one.

    While I have 3 full classified sets, I only have 66% progress on the shield... kind of confused.

    I have 500 points to go before getting that shield, the exotics and... then there's survival...

    Try equipping the 3 full sets?

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    I'll probably miss out on the last tier of rewards mostly due to the commendation score. I am slightly over 2k points and don't know if I can bother grinding out that much stuff that is guaranteed to be extra repetitive since that is the only reason I am doing it.

    oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited January 23
    squall99x wrote: »
    I'll probably miss out on the last tier of rewards mostly due to the commendation score. I am slightly over 2k points and don't know if I can bother grinding out that much stuff that is guaranteed to be extra repetitive since that is the only reason I am doing it.

    Yeah I'm like 190 from that shield and honestly I don't think I'm going to bother because everything left is bleh

    HappylilElf on
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited January 23
    Preacher wrote: »
    February's shield is just 291 or 290 gearscore, so you should be able to hit that one.

    While I have 3 full classified sets, I only have 66% progress on the shield... kind of confused.

    I have 500 points to go before getting that shield, the exotics and... then there's survival...

    Try equipping the 3 full sets?

    Tried it. Saved them to loadouts. Nada.


    edit: Predator's Mark was the first set I completed, and it jumped to 33%. During the GE I completed Nomad, and Banshee's Shadow.



    tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    February's shield is just 291 or 290 gearscore, so you should be able to hit that one.

    While I have 3 full classified sets, I only have 66% progress on the shield... kind of confused.

    I have 500 points to go before getting that shield, the exotics and... then there's survival...

    Try equipping the 3 full sets?

    Tried it. Saved them to loadouts. Nada.

    Well that's weird, and they are full classified sets?

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited January 23
    Pretty sure they were, however I checked now and while my spreadsheet has me at full nomad I don't see it in my inventory. and given how aggressively I've been cycling items for the sell X and loot Y items commendations... it's possible I had it and never equipped it in a set or something? IDK.

    edit: I cycled the bags and put them on and maybe I put on the normal nomad and not the classy nomad?

    tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Pretty sure they were, however I checked now and while my spreadsheet has me at full nomad I don't see it in my inventory. and given how aggressively I've been cycling items for the sell X and loot Y items commendations... it's possible I had it and never equipped it in a set or something? IDK.

    edit: I cycled the bags and put them on and maybe I put on the normal nomad and not the classy nomad?

    Possibly?

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
    tastydonuts
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited January 23
    IDK... I mean it's not like there's no time to get them, especially given I have the commendation thing to worth through.

    As for commendations, I think I'm on track to get them within the goals I have for gameplay anyway, with at least 270 commendation score tied to dedicated activities (Last Stand, Survival, Underground) the other stuff should be incidental, up to the "kill 5000/10000" tier combat commendations. Which I don't expect to complete for any weapon or faction.

    edit: had to call it quits early tonight though, kept getting DC'd in the middle of matches. >\

    tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Terminal guy is selling the lightweight m4 blueprint

    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
    Preacher
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited January 25
    "You gotta do better man, all that shooting and you didn't kill anybody!"

    - a player to me while using the Hungry Hog yesterday.

    For the record, I got 3 kills and 4 assists during the match, but still... I have to say the Hungry Hog just gives me the giggles. Popped the exotic shield today too, but man. it's just.. amusing. Not as amusing as I suspsect dual weilding Big Als with lone star will be. ALL THE DAKKA.


    edit: I use suspect because these guns aren't The House and are therefore will likely be useless, but loud.

    tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    I can attest that LoneStar with Als is hilarious. brrrrrrt BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTT Anyone else?

    7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
    Preacher
  • KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    I'm running underground if anyone wants to join (for commendation/shield) Bluflare14

    Preacher
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Kruite wrote: »
    I'm running underground if anyone wants to join (for commendation/shield) Bluflare14

    What platform my man?

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    edited January 26
    Preacher wrote: »
    Kruite wrote: »
    I'm running underground if anyone wants to join (for commendation/shield) Bluflare14

    What platform my man?

    PC;

    Switched to Darkzone because there's an event to get more rewards from extracted bosses, but there's a rogue group running around taking all the boxes :-/

    Kruite on
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Today was productive... kind of. I now have 24/25 landmarks done in my quest to redo all the landmarks while trying to figure out which one I missed!

    I now have 400 commendation points to go too.

    Going to push to finish the Underground DLC, so I gotta do a Tier 1 run for 5 points, finish ranking up for 10, and then htere's a few other ones I can do between those to round it all out..

    The PVP/Last Stand effort continues too, probably going to net 100 or so points out of that when all is said and done.


    ... I guess survival will give me points too. maybe I'll try to do two runs this weekend.

    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited January 26
    Went back and started to play through the character that I had started originally as a mule (what was the original stash space limit... like 30?) *has Destiny franchise flashbacks* I think this will also make any progress toward the kill a million guys achievements less boring, along with make the underground commendation grind quicker, and the HVTs as I'd have two sets... and well, a lot of stuff. I guess that's why the numbers are so high, they're accounting for the 5 slots worth of characters we have?

    But anyway, yeah. I like seeing things getting built back up again and all. Really hope they push this mechanic harder in Division 2 too.


    edit: LZ bosses actually being a threat is a pleasant change too.

    tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
    Preacher
  • NumiNumi Registered User regular
    I can attest that LoneStar with Als is hilarious. brrrrrrt BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTT Anyone else?

    That combo is so good that I ended up being accused of using an rpm hack by some group of rogues.

    BasilSnicketysnick
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Still plugging away at this. Having a lot of fun with it. I’m sad I didn’t get into it sooner - I bought into the negativity surrounding its release and wrote it off.

    I’m hoping I can finish it before Division 2 because I’m buying that ASAP.

  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited January 28
    Yeah, I've been replaying on a new (old) character, and the experience of the game now vs that first run are... way different. It was still fun to play, but it's really a lot better now.

    Definitely don't miss the sniper shotgun runners... :pop:

    tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
    Preacher
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »
    Still plugging away at this. Having a lot of fun with it. I’m sad I didn’t get into it sooner - I bought into the negativity surrounding its release and wrote it off.

    I’m hoping I can finish it before Division 2 because I’m buying that ASAP.

    I think as a new player you can get through the storyline in Division 1 in about 15-20 hours or so and it wouldn't be hard to shave a significant amount off of that if you knew what you were doing. You should easily be able to finish it long before D2 launches.

    Getting all the shields done before Division 2 launches on the other hand would be way too much work imo

    tastydonuts
Sign In or Register to comment.