As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFBE] Cloud is also back, and came for your... wallet.

• TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Did anyone notice a weird Lapis discrepancy between IoS and Android? I got the compensation lapis but in IoS it should I had just that and my daily stuff. In Android it still showed the total before I got the compensation
    iOS and Android have separate lapis pools. What you should have done is, you should have logged in on iOS to get the compensation in the mail, and then logged into Android to actually receive the compensation. That would have placed the lapis in your Android pool.

Now that you have a bunch of lapis in your iOS pool, you can start saving up for a 10+1 pull or just use it up (with daily pulls or farming) if you don't intend to use your iPad for FFBE.

[edit] Rather than Android pool, it's more accurate to say Google Play Store pool (for me), because there's also an Amazon pool and that Korean One Store pool and maybe others.

TeaSpoon on
  • CruorCruor Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Edit: oops, question already answered

Cruor on
  • El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    I'm all for there being not much to do once I've gotten the raid cleared. I could use a straight 7 days of TMR farming.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

I miss the bots. We're down to level 33. Level 32 in 2 hour and 40 minutes. We can't even take off 10% of the raid boss on this level.

• TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    The raid level will probably level out around 24-25 like it always does. We should be getting a story event with CG Fina. I'm sure they're saving the news update for that until tomorrow or Thursday after maintenance. We do get a Tomb Raider trial boss that is weak to light (beast killer Oldman FTW). The reward is a pretty sweet DW gun. It's funny that most gun wielding units already have innate DW, but I'll take it!

• azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    ll
    Reigner wrote: »
    Cactuar Fuse is the new Ramza Enhancements

Also I cant help but feel like creating and logging into an apple account to take advantage of the coding in the gifts is gonna be flagged as illicit and my account shut down.

Someone tell me Im crazy? Or am I right to be paranoid?

I've got an Iphone, an amazon fire tablet, nox, and my old android phone all with the same FFBE account running on them. All four of them have different lapis amounts since they are tied to device type. It's perfectly fine to use android/iphone as long as you dont do something silly like constantly log into them at the same time, causing forced disconnects and making it seem like your getting hacked. I just make sure and back out to the title screen before i switch to a different device, but even forced disconnects happen sometime.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
    edited March 2018
    I forgot that we're also getting 1/2 NRG missions on Friday as well, for those that still have story left to explore. I need to go back and kill some more Shadow Bahamuts for Dragon Killer+. It took a year and a half of FP pulls, but I finally have 4 dragon killers and 2 of them are needed for dragon killer+.

Tiphares on
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Did anyone notice a weird Lapis discrepancy between IoS and Android? I got the compensation lapis but in IoS it should I had just that and my daily stuff. In Android it still showed the total before I got the compensation

lapis totals do not carry over from one 'store' to the other. either use the lapis you got to pull until its empty on the device you dont intend to use, or use it all to unlock a bunch of equipment/unit slots and consider it free money.

• DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Threw somewhere between 25 and 30 tickets into the banner, see if I could get some Abels to make use of these two and a half full Power of Sands moogles I have, or even with max luck an Aileen for which I have 180% in moogles already. Didn't get either. Did get three Divine Soleils, though, for which I think I have about 40% in moogles, so that's something.

EDIT: Oh, also, finally tood down the Beasts of the Dark trial. Thanks Trajan for the super-swole Cid to chain my smaller Cid with.

Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    How to bone your luck if youre superstitious. Download the JP version for shits. Pull Zeke on your first 250 Lapis pull..

And I hope more news hits. A dead week isnt something to look forward to

*glances over at his CG Fina on the JP account he never plays, weeps silently*

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    Tiphares wrote: »
    The raid level will probably level out around 24-25 like it always does. We should be getting a story event with CG Fina. I'm sure they're saving the news update for that until tomorrow or Thursday after maintenance. We do get a Tomb Raider trial boss that is weak to light (beast killer Oldman FTW). The reward is a pretty sweet DW gun. It's funny that most gun wielding units already have innate DW, but I'll take it!

I feel bad for anyone who spent $12 on the Lara bundle. That guns in that bundle and was the highlight of said bundle, now we get it for free

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
    Well, the real prize in that bundle is the gold submachine gun, which is a strict BiS upgrade for Light Veritas. Eventually we'll get better ATK/MAG guns, but it'll be awhile.

• HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    So, hypothetically, if one were to decide to try to download the iOS version of the game to acquire the compensation, is Facebook required for that, or can the account just be linked on another device?

Facebook linking is required I think.

You might be able to use the emergency code to connect but its easier to just sign in with facebook, then open ffbe.

• ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    Isnt that a twohanded gun?

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    Facebook linking is required I think.

You might be able to use the emergency code to connect but its easier to just sign in with facebook, then open ffbe.

Rats. Alright, thanks anyhoo.

Isnt that a twohanded gun?

Gold submachinegun is one handed. The other guns give an ability called "Two-handed" that actually gives DW for guns.

It's...confusing.

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Aigaion down! Friend Ang helped with Blaze arrow chaining.

I forgot to bring Ramuh though. Ffffffffffff...

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    Thoughts on the Tomb Raider crafted gear? I made the Staff of Osiris because it had a limit of one. I'll probably craft the ice gun to add more element options. The other stuff I'm not sure about.

@Halfmex Go create a dummy FB account (make sure to setup the user info and add an FFBE picture for the profile pic) then link your account to it. Then go claim the IOS rewards. 1500 lapis and 5 rare tickets is worth it.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Staff of Osiris is very good

68 Spr makes it one of the best staves in the game, behind only the Holy Wand (120) and Magi Staff (70)

The 68 Mag and 10% HP make it undoubtably better than the Magi Staff, however

Toxic Shotgun may have some use as a two-handed dark element gun with decent ATK. I always try to craft weapons with unique weapon type/element combos.

• LorekLorek Registered User regular
    I think all the guns are worth it. There's no other Dark or Ice guns. The only other Fire gun is from Christmas 2016, so unless you have that already, this is your chance for a fire gun.

As mentioned above, the staff is pretty top tier. Even if you already have the Holy Wand, it'll be great for your 10-man backup healer or just for plain old SPR for defense.

The accessories are kind of meh. The Onyx Spirit gives a 50 MP restore move which is unique. If you're really hard pressed for an MP battery that could be worth something. The Gold Ring is pretty meh; the only time I can see using this is if there's some challenge that requires large Fire/Ice/Thunder resistances for every party member. Then you might start running out of Fire/Ice/Thunder gear. But those resistances are the most common, so if you're hard pressed for inventory space, the accessories would be the ones to skip I think.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Damnit I'm an idiot

Forgot about the no items mission when doing Ralvuimago hard, and restored MP before the boss fight just in case (Totally wasn't necessary since a Tidus chain one shot him)

The 10% fire/ice/thunder resist accessory is good because it replaces the three story rings you get for each separate element. Meaning you can sell those now and open up two equipment slots.

Woo, just finished my second Adventurer V. I've been kinda lazy with keeping up with my Expeditions, but was on top of them pretty hard when I was a couple hundred relics away from it. Time to start over again for #3!

I don't know if I'll make the accessories. The +15 ATK is okay, but I still have 4 Icy Veins with +18 ATK from forever ago. I would prefer to have a separate support/healer as an MP battery so my attackers can do just that. I ditched all of the rings with individual elements a long time ago. There are so many options for fire/ice/lightning resist already and I really don't want to have to expand my equipment slots anymore. I have plenty of material item slots so I may hang onto the mats for a while just in case.

@Shadowfire No worries. I forgot about the No Magic mission on Aigaion (I used Dispel). So I have to go back and do that at some point.

Cruor wrote: »
    Woo, just finished my second Adventurer V. I've been kinda lazy with keeping up with my Expeditions, but was on top of them pretty hard when I was a couple hundred relics away from it. Time to start over again for #3!

Damnit, I'm still a few hundred away from my first. I stopped doing explorations alltogether due to lack of gil to spend. Just got my numbers over 11 million again, so ive been getting back into it.

• Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    what is BIS for regular aileen?

• EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    Dunadan019 wrote: »

Generally, the true doublehand stuff. If you're doing things turn 1, it's Artisan, marshal gloves/buster style. If it's a longer fight, Fixed Dice since she can imbue Earth.

|| Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    I believe this involves her TMR, Aigaion Fist, Crimson Slayer (Yun TMR), Champion Belt(s), and Martial Arts Mastery. Actually, this pretty much goes for any fist user.

Say, what's some reasonable-to-obtain limit enhancing equipment? Been using Yan lately and I like her a lot, but it really would be neat to be able to use her LB more often - it seems really good, but it takes a pretty noticeable amount of crystals to fill up.

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Tiphares wrote: »
    I don't know if I'll make the accessories. The +15 ATK is okay, but I still have 4 Icy Veins with +18 ATK from forever ago. I would prefer to have a separate support/healer as an MP battery so my attackers can do just that. I ditched all of the rings with individual elements a long time ago. There are so many options for fire/ice/lightning resist already and I really don't want to have to expand my equipment slots anymore. I have plenty of material item slots so I may hang onto the mats for a while just in case.

Shadowfire No worries. I forgot about the No Magic mission on Aigaion (I used Dispel). So I have to go back and do that at some point.

I wasn't going to get the no magic mission because I had Ayaka doing reraise on Ang every turn. But I want that martial arts mastery, so I'll have to go back in today.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • BlehBlehAmigaBlehBlehAmiga Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Drascin wrote: »
    Say, what's some reasonable-to-obtain limit enhancing equipment? Been using Yan lately and I like her a lot, but it really would be neat to be able to use her LB more often - it seems really good, but it takes a pretty noticeable amount of crystals to fill up.

Mog's TM from the anniversary raid. Kelsus' goggles. Aigaion Fist/Overdrive knuckles (+equip fist).

BlehBlehAmiga on
    ffbe ign: Kas

Mog's TM from the anniversary raid. Kelsus' goggles. Aigaion Fist/Overdrive knuckles (+equip fist).

Wasn't here for the first anniversary, and I'm pretty sure I have less than zero chance of taking down Aigaion. I do have a Kelsus though. That's an option.

Wasn't here for the first anniversary, and I'm pretty sure I have less than zero chance of taking down Aigaion. I do have a Kelsus though. That's an option.

Also Mood Maker if you pulled a prospero

• TransporterTransporter Registered User regular

Real answer is Rikku's Pouch.

Real answer is Rikku's Pouch.

Eh, Yan has a LB increase buff in her kit already. The pouch would be redundant.

azith28 wrote: »

Also Mood Maker if you pulled a paparazzi
    Fixed. aka Prompto.

Limited unit Pirate Jake's Ring has LB fill. Also, Rikku's Pouch grants an ability you cast (Eccentrick) to increase fill rate. There are also materias from Cloud of Darkness (1 crystal per turn) and Jack (2 crystals per turn)

• BlehBlehAmigaBlehBlehAmiga Registered User regular
    and I'm pretty sure I have less than zero chance of taking down Aigaion.

I'm pretty sure you have Ayaka, Rikku and both Orlandu/OK, and WoL. Or you have Delita (65% spr break) and dupe Christine. Doesn't really take many more pieces to do, or at least that gives a much larger than 0% chance.

ffbe ign: Kas
    Aigaion has been out for a while now. I did it before I got Ayaka or a dodge tank or iNichol or a bard.