Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Penny Arcade - Comic - Hufflepuff-Puff Pass

2»

Posts

  • MarcinMNMarcinMN Registered User regular
    I was bored and this discussion piqued my interest, so I went out to Pottermore and took some quizzes.

    House: Ravenclaw
    Patronus: Borzoi
    Wand: 13 1/4" Redwood with Dragon Heartstring and unyielding flexibility

    My life is now complete. ;)

  • wallywestwallywest Registered User regular
    Damn, I thought I was a HP fan. I mean I actually read the books in addition to seeing the movies! Go me.

    But the information in this thread has shown me what a fraud I am. I shall report to the sorting hat immediately.

  • Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    There are no fraudulent fans, just fans who are lucky enough to have more to experience

  • SadgasmSadgasm Deluded doodler A cold placeRegistered User regular
    MarcinMN wrote: »
    I was bored and this discussion piqued my interest, so I went out to Pottermore and took some quizzes.

    House: Ravenclaw
    Patronus: Borzoi
    Wand: 13 1/4" Redwood with Dragon Heartstring and unyielding flexibility

    My life is now complete. ;)

    I was going to, but the site wanted me to sign up for it, and I am so damn tired of being asked to sign up for every tiny thing online so screw it

  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles Jack of all interests... ...master of noneRegistered User regular
    Eh, I have an old hotmail account I use for stuff I don't really want mail from, and just give them a fake name.

    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • dennisdennis Registered User regular
    edited March 16
    Sadgasm wrote: »
    MarcinMN wrote: »
    I was bored and this discussion piqued my interest, so I went out to Pottermore and took some quizzes.

    House: Ravenclaw
    Patronus: Borzoi
    Wand: 13 1/4" Redwood with Dragon Heartstring and unyielding flexibility

    My life is now complete. ;)

    I was going to, but the site wanted me to sign up for it, and I am so damn tired of being asked to sign up for every tiny thing online so screw it

    That's what sites like these are for:

    https://maildrop.cc/

    You just think up an email like "[email protected]" and then go to corresponding url "https://maildrop.cc/inbox/thisisafakename". You don't have to sign up for anything, as all the mailboxes are created on the fly when anyone sends email there, and they don't require a username/password to view any mail sent there.

    dennis on
  • ShowsniShowsni Registered User regular
    I don't see how anyone got not get Hufflepuff with some of those questions. Do you open a box containing power and temptation, a box that only the chosen one can open, a box with Merlin's secret knowledge... or a box with a small animal trapped in it that will probably suffocate unless you let it out? Would you rather be known to history for your power, your wisdom, your braveness... or your goodness?

  • SadgasmSadgasm Deluded doodler A cold placeRegistered User regular
    Showsni wrote: »
    I don't see how anyone got not get Hufflepuff with some of those questions. Do you open a box containing power and temptation, a box that only the chosen one can open, a box with Merlin's secret knowledge... or a box with a small animal trapped in it that will probably suffocate unless you let it out? Would you rather be known to history for your power, your wisdom, your braveness... or your goodness?

    To be fair, Gryffindors would PROBABLY also pick the animal over the other stuff, but yeah, Hogwarts isnt really designed to instill a healthy mindset in their students.

  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited March 20
    Sadgasm wrote: »
    Showsni wrote: »
    I don't see how anyone got not get Hufflepuff with some of those questions. Do you open a box containing power and temptation, a box that only the chosen one can open, a box with Merlin's secret knowledge... or a box with a small animal trapped in it that will probably suffocate unless you let it out? Would you rather be known to history for your power, your wisdom, your braveness... or your goodness?

    To be fair, Gryffindors would PROBABLY also pick the animal over the other stuff, but yeah, Hogwarts isnt really designed to instill a healthy mindset in their students.

    I love how the Sorting Hat itself is like "this is stupid!" as the series goes on.

    Enlong on
    YggiDee wrote: »
    Having teenaged RPG leads is really cool until you stop being a teenager yourself. Do you remember being seventeen? You're a dumbass at seventeen! I wanna be saved by the guy who's twenty-seven. He's at least payed taxes. He knows how to do shit. He can drive.
  • l_gl_g Registered User regular
    What if one day the Sorting Hat says "I'm tired of being the near-literal figurehead of segregating students due to arbitrary whatevers that encourage cliques that lead to actual murder" and puts EVERYBODY into Hufflepuff, for years on end?

    Cole's Law: "Thinly sliced cabbage."
  • SadgasmSadgasm Deluded doodler A cold placeRegistered User regular
    l_g wrote: »
    What if one day the Sorting Hat says "I'm tired of being the near-literal figurehead of segregating students due to arbitrary whatevers that encourage cliques that lead to actual murder" and puts EVERYBODY into Hufflepuff, for years on end?

    Well, I havent found a story exactly like that, but there's a really good fanstory where the Hat decides to put kids in the Houses that teaches them the things they NEED rather than what they already have and all the crap their families belive. Shortly, Ron ends up in Slytherin to teach him to actually stand out from his siblings and not be such a goddamn Gryffindor kissass, Harry ends up in Ravenclaw, and Malfoy ends up in Hufflepuff, among other things.

2»
Sign In or Register to comment.