As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Steven Universe [PHALLA] Day 9: IT COULD'VE BEEN GREAT CRYSTAL GEM(MAFIA) VICTORY

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Man, this is why I sat out last game. Sorry I've been so low-activity this time, people. I thought I'd be able to focus on the game enough this go-around, but it's looking like I may have been too optimistic. Fortunately it's not anything real bad like @TheRoadVirus is dealing with (my condolences), just a lot of distractions.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    Same for me tbh.

• Options
    MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    VOTE IS NOW CLOSED

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Someone hit my car and drove off today. But I got his licence plate number, so it's not all bad.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Day 6: CRACK THE WHIP

>INCOMING COMMUNICATION.

>REQUESTING TRANSMITTER IDENTIFIER …

>DIAMOND AUTHORITY OVERRIDE CODE ACCEPTED.

>RECEIVING …

Do forgive the … irregularities during the last address. Our communication array was compromised by Rose Quartz's lackeys, and though the transceiver suffered irreparable damage know that these “Crystal Gems” did not escape unscathed. Yours truly even managed to personally shatter one of the thugs before the other fled in a blind panic.

On the heels of this undeniable victory, our search parties managed at last to corner the beast (Preda) that had been plaguing our citizens in conjunction with Rose Quartz and her rebels. Fortunately for all involved, it seemed the beast was suffering sort of malfunction, as it was completely unresponsive even as our brave warriors shattered it.

Make no mistake: we are winning. Persevere just a bit longer, and this scourge will be driven from our Homeworld for good!

>UPDATING CASUALTY LIST...

>Preda – Gem Monster-SHATTERED

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • Options
    ALL PMs HAVE BEEN SENT OUT!! Please let me know if you need one!! Have fun!!

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Huh, no crystal gem attacks this time. Wonder what that means? No one was reported for inactivity, but it's possible they forgot to submit actions while still getting their vote in.

Yay, another hostile down. Sounds like those who thought the gem monsters might be a single SK instead of a second mafia were correct? Hopefully.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Is it possible that the mafia was one color, but two masoned pairs (Maybe blind to the other pair) that needed both alive to make kills, and now we just have to try and kill them off before voting ourselves too low, and/or they figure out who each other are and can make more kills?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    Brody wrote: »
    Is it possible that the mafia was one color, but two masoned pairs (Maybe blind to the other pair) that needed both alive to make kills, and now we just have to try and kill them off before voting ourselves too low, and/or they figure out who each other are and can make more kills?

I can't imagine why they wouldn't know who each other are. They live in the same house in the show (except for Peridot and Lapis who have their own place). The other problem with the theory is that they didn't inflict fewer bubbles after Peridot or Garnet died, but lost both tonight (after Amethyst's death).

camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Ah. Just throwing out ideas. Is there some other combination of pairings that would make the drop off make sense?

• Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    I was guarded last night. So I assume one of the mafia kills was aimed at me. And if that's the case there is no reason to hide anymore since they'd now know it didn't work. I am our Blue Diamond.

But that would explain one of the missing kills and makes me think I am doing something right on my list of probable mafia members.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    I also know that TRV was roleblocked last night.

• Options
    Well now! That means we should be looking at chamberlain and Cythraul, yes?

Not me, obvs.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Could ZH have been in charge of one of/the group kill(s)? I don't know what amethyst means in this game, so I'm not much help there.

Also, roleblocking me is a bit of a waste of time, sad to say.

Also what's Blue Diamond mean?

I should really watch this show at some point

• Options
    @TheRoadVirus Blue Diamond is one of the supreme leaders of the faction the village is playing as. I don't know if they have any special abilities/properties in this game, though.

Amethyst is a core member of the crystal gems, who are the heroes of the tv series, but the mafia in this game. She doesn't really stand out to me as being a character who would have special abilities in this game. Garnet, JaysonFour's character, is the 'combat leader' of the group. If I had to hazard guesses for their abilities, I would say they probably had 3 or more members who can bubble, but were only allowed two per night. If they have roleblockers, I'd bet one's Lapis Lazuli (quite possibly her most significant act in the show so far was to roleblock a character), although Steven (aka Rose Quartz to our faction) has primarily defensive abilities as well. That only leaves their Pearl to be an attacker at this point, which fits with magicprime's claim to have been guarded last night.

camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    Wildcat wrote: »
    Well now! That means we should be looking at chamberlain and Cythraul, yes?

Not me, obvs.

If I were mafia there would have been a mafia kill last night.

JPants is still alive, did not vote last light and was not warned for being inactive.

• Options
    PredaPreda Registered User regular
    ooooOOOOOOoooooOOOOOOoooo

Sorry for the inactivity, but the week end was bad, and daylightsaving time change hit Europe and I arrived just late for closing sunday, Yestarday there was no more hope, so I dind't post.

OOOOooooooOOOOOooooooOOOOoooooo

• Options
    JPants wrote: »
    Having said that, I'm not convinced the mafia would all dogpile you (even over different days). The "Cyth or Preda are purple kill" idea is compelling (a possible 50/50 shot), and the fact that one of them posted (but didn't vote) and the other didn't post at all makes me lean towards it being Preda.

Though the fact that Cyth is on both that list and MagicPrime's does make a compelling case to test two theories at once. I could see myself moving to Cyth...

JPants voted for Preda.

I am going to go back to my vote on chamberlain for the reasons stated before the shifts.

• Options
    I am also placing my bet, that there was no mafia kill last night because it was either blocked, guarded or both.

• Options
    I stand corrected, JPants did vote.

So you are voting for me because I voted for the more or less known gem monster and you didn't? As a matter of fact, Cthyraul and I were either one and two or two and three on the Preda wagon.

• Options
    chamberlain also works for me in the absence of other data.

• Options
    Although the village appreciates the Preda votes, the Gem Monster was just as much a threat to the mafia as it was the village. Infact, a known SK vote would be an easy way for the mafia to bandwagon and make it seem like, "We're one of the good guys! Really!"

• Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    Yesterday doesn't really tell us much and MP seems to be on a roll this game so I'm going to follow his lead from yesterday:
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    JaysonFour, Cythraul, ZombieHero and Chamberlain

Have all tried to vote for me. And two of them have turned out to be mafia.

Chamberlain

Since chamber already has a couple votes I'll put up Cythraul to see if we can get any good vote records brewing!

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I'm going to keep on my Cythraul hunch from yesterday.

I don't have a ton of justification aside from what's already been stated yesterday and today, but I like to trust my gut in these matters.

• Options
    Cythraul because I am not evil but he might be.

• Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Vanilla here boys, but you do you.

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    Guess I'll vote chamberlain for self preservation.

Maybe you guys could end it on a tie and get both of us so you don't spend another day trying to figure out if the one who lived is mafia?

Steam
  • Options
    Jpants (1) - Chamberlain
    Chamberlain (3) - MagicPrime, Wildcat, Cythraul
    Cythraul (3) - Jpants, TRV, Chamberlain

• Options
    @H3Knuckles @JusticeforPluto @Locus @Grunt's Ghosts @Brody
    have not yet voted, with 3 hours remaining.

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Chamberlain

• Options
    Cythraul wrote: »
    Guess I'll vote chamberlain for self preservation.

Maybe you guys could end it on a tie and get both of us so you don't spend another day trying to figure out if the one who lived is mafia?

You know very well we don't know what happens with a tie, mafioso

• Options
    Curses! Foiled again!

Steam
  • Options
    Everyone abstain except Chamberlain and Cythraul! Knife fight in the alley to see who bleeds red.

• Options
    Oh the shark, babe, has such teeth, dear
    And it shows them pearly white~

• Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    Let's not have a tie.

Chamberlain

• Options
    I'd take the knife fight over being voted out. :P

• Options
    Seriously thought, when I die village, kill Cythraul.

Or MagicPrime.

• Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    chamberlain

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    I'm kinda suspicious of TRV too. :p

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    chamberlain following the village wagon has proven correct 4 nights in a row, and I'm late to the party again.

camo_sig2-400.png