As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Steven Universe [PHALLA] Day 9: IT COULD'VE BEEN GREAT CRYSTAL GEM(MAFIA) VICTORY

• CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    I feel like my vote will be one of self preservation again, so feel free to do something everyone!

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Shit, I am so lost on this game. TRV is right about needing to talk out why we vote for things, but I've honestly just been piggy-backing on others' judgment because I haven't had a clue myself.

I think there's two votes for J4P and four for Cythraul at present? I'll agree that the argument for Cyth isn't really doing it for me, so since this shouldn't tie things, I'll vote [color="red]JusticeForPluto[/color].

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    JusticeForPluto

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    VOTE CLOSED!! Real life got caught in time issues. Narration will ve late tonight!!

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    Day 8: SERIOUS STEVEN

>INCOMING PRIORITY COMMUNICATION.

>RECEIVING …

>ERROR: IDENTIFIER TAG MISSING OR CORRUPT. DISCONNECTING.

>ERROR. ERROR. ERRrrOrR. ERRtccvOR. EEEERRRRRsssssssssssssssdddddd

>

>

ure this thing is on, Pearl? Oh! Wait, I can see a little light on it now. Um. Hello, Homeworld! My name is Steven Universe, but I think a lot of you know me as Rose Quartz. I came here with my friends to try and put an end to all the fighting, but … that's not how things have turned out. The gems we've bubbled, like this one (Grunt's Ghosts) here, they're all safe! We're just holding on to them until we can get the Diamonds to agree to leave Earth alone. That's what my friends … died for. They died for a planet that wasn't even theirs, because they believed so much that we could find a peaceful way to end all this stupid fighting. And it's not even just them! I've seen you turn on your own people just because you were told to! I saw a crowd turn on a gem (Cythraul) and shatter her because she just suggested coming to a peaceful compromise! Is this really how you want to live?! The Diamonds aren't your friends! They don't ev

>CONNECTION REMOTELY TERMINATED.

>UPDATING CASUALTY LIST...

>Grunt's Ghosts-BUBBLED
    >Cythraul-SHATTERED

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
    Well, my pm was pretty clear we need to shatter all crystal gems and gem monsters to win, so...

camo_sig2-400.png
  • MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    Here is what I know. One of the Diamond's abilities is a roleblock. It can't block the mafia faction kill, but it CAN block an ability kill aka the Mafia's second kill.

And TheRoadVirus has been role blocked on all the nights where there's only been one mafia kill.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
    That's all I got.

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    If you want to circle the wagons around me, go for it I guess?

I don't have much I can add to the discussion and people seem to not want to actually discuss stuff for the most part, so I'm at the end of my usefulness at this point.

With how many mafia have died, I would theorize that one if the ones that got got was probably the source of the extra kill.

JusticeForPluto seems content to coast. Even when directly mentioned, all I got was a "no u", basically. So yeah. Let's figure shit out so we have SOME plan for tomorrow? Regardless of whether I'm alive or not. I'd like to see us win.

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Also! I absolutely do have the power to kill people.

Through the power of DEMOCRACY

:P

That narration kinda makes it sound like Steven is in the game as a mafia special. If that's the case, which I can't see it NOT being the case, then they probably have a singular bubble power -- because that's pretty much that characters shtick.

edited March 2018
    To be honest, the narration did mention fusions on a few nights that there were double kills, so it would make sense their extra kill was tied to having two (or more) of the Crystal Gems that have used fusions on the show. Pearl and Steven are still alive, but I haven't heard of them fusing with each other.

There were ~30 players initially, and standard practice is 20% mafia, which fits with my previous guesses that there were 6 Crystal Gems in play (Steven, Amethyst, Garnet, Pearl, Peridot, and Lapis Lazuli). Although I suppose one of the human characters might be the sixth member instead of Lapis?

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
    Do we think there are any more purples? Or are those probably gone?

• LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    To be honest, the narration did mention fusions on a few nights that there were double kills, so it would make sense their extra kill was tied to having two (or more) of the Crystal Gems that have used fusions on the show. Pearl and Steven are still alive, but I haven't heard of them fusing with each other.

Looking back at the narrations, this is true for all of the red double-kill days except the first one. Mechanically I think that makes more sense (and is easier to balance) than having a single mafia with an extra kill.

Hey, uh. I hate to monopolize the conversation today, but so be it.

I don't trust MagicPrime. For being the voice of things, I've never been reached out to. There are claims of being able to roleblock, but uh...that's really hard to prove? I've got no kills or anything to block, so...I mean I haven't been notified that I was roleblocked at all any night.

If I've been blocked, allegedly, so often, and haven't been given any notification, then precisely what information does MP have that proves who they are? This seems like an attempt to take advantage of a disorganized village, and now that I'm looking at stuff it stinks more and more to me. So yeah.

Magic Prime needs to go. And if people are suspicious of me, y'all can kill me too. Ain't care.

The Night Preda died there were no Mafia kills. That's also the first night that I know TRV was being role blocked and I've been guarded. TRV has been blocked every night since and there's only been one mafia kill since. So either the mafia is banging it's head against me being guarded. Or the Role Block has been on target the past few nights.

We just had someone provide a line of thought on that. The narration mentions merging or fusing or whatever, and what with several mafia dying, the number of extra kills has gone down.

A group kill and an individual or duo kill isn't unheard of in phalla games.

Garnet died on day 4
    Amethyst died on day 5
    There hasn't been a double kill since.

http://steven-universe.wikia.com/wiki/Sugilite

This is some crazy strong fusion of Amethyst and Garnet.

I mean, it's all right there. You could have been roleblocking me from the beginning and literally nothing would have gone differently. I don't have any murder powers.

edited March 2018
    So what's the explanation of the night Preda died?

There were no mafia kills that night. I am openly claimed to be guarded. The public vote killed Preda, so the mafia wouldn't have wasted their kill on the village target.
    The night Preda died is also the night that I know you were starting to be role blocked. I also know that the role block only blocks one of the mafia's kills.

So either the mafia didn't kill anyone on that night as some kind of con, or I was guarded and our role block was on target negating both mafia kills on that night. Which is information I shared to the room shortly after it happened.

And nobody else has stepped out to claim they are guarded - which if the mafia does only have one kill - they would have no reason not to.

MagicPrime on
    MagicPrime wrote: »

There were no mafia kills that night. I am openly claimed to be guarded. The public vote killed Preda, so the mafia wouldn't have wasted their kill on the village target.
    The night Preda died is also the night that I know you were starting to be role blocked. I also know that the role block only blocks one of the mafia's kills.

So either the mafia didn't kill anyone on that night as some kind of con, or I was guarded and our role block was on target negating both mafia kills on that night. Which is information I shared to the room shortly after it happened.

And nobody else has stepped out to claim they are guarded - which if the mafia does only have one kill - they would have no reason not to.

It's possible that there are no guards. It's really easy to not get killed by the mafia when you are the mafia.

One day of missing out on a kill in exchange for making yourself the de facto village head? Seems like a no brainier of an exchange.

The roleblock, if there is one, likely wouldn't block the group mafia kill, because that is a group power and not an individual one.

Also, why is it that you're trying to get me killed only after I started speaking up?

That's one of the most suspicious things to me

• JPantsJPants Registered User regular

There's at least 2 other explanations I can think of (well H3K brought up the first one, but you seem to be missing it so I'll repeat it) Assuming the mafia group kill was against MP and guarded:

A) The mafia's second kill was based on having certain gems fuse together for a kill, and the 2 nights before they lost 2 fuseable gems. Day 4 says Garnet was fused with a "flawed amethyst" and Day 5 Pearl was fused with Amethyst, who we then killed. The next night, Preda's death night, they must not have had anyone left to fuse with Pearl which explains the lack of second kill since Amethyst died.

B) The second explanation is super mundane and common: After losing half their members (assuming the standard 6 mafia for 30 players) they lost their second kill. Period. I can't count the number of times we've seen a mafia's kills structured that way.

Now as I see it, assuming the 6 starting mafia (which seems fair), we are sitting at 5 villagers vs 3 mafia. If we hit a villager with the vote, and mafia shoot a villager, we'll be at 3v3 which is either gonna be a Host victory, or Mafia victory. So we really REALLY gotta hit a mafia tonight (mafia will definitely be getting a kill since they can just target anyone other than MP) so we can't really afford to miss tonight. We whiffed hard the last couple days with wagons that had no real pushback (last night there was almost a JFP counter wagon but it didn't get there) and we just straight up can't afford to do the same today.

Something else just occurred to me. Where was the guard the night before you were guarded when SegaTai died? Shouldn't he have been guarding the vig?

We lost the seer on night one. We made contact with SeGaTai. I had been guarding them. Then we lost both Pearls in the same night. So we were scared that SeGaTai wasn't legit, so the guard was moved. And it was a horrible mistake.

So the seer died on night 1. And you're trusting that the person who says they have guard powers does? Or... Expect us to?

We lost the seer on night one. We made contact with SeGaTai. I had been guarding them. Then we lost both Pearls in the same night. So we were scared that SeGaTai wasn't legit, so the guard was moved. And it was a horrible mistake.

So you're a guard, who can self guard, and also had a Pearl who was an automatic sacrificial guard?

So hold on the crux of this plan of yours to lead the village is

-You have a guard you can't prove
    -You're talking to a roleblocker who can't prove it
    -The seer conveniently died day 1
    -Oops all of our accountability died also.

I... I mean, why is anyone listening to you right now?

Is there something I'm missing?

JPants wrote: »

So you're a guard, who can self guard, and also had a Pearl who was an automatic sacrificial guard?

Yes. The Pearls could even eat a village vote.

Ok y'all. The pile of excuses and convenient occurrences that out MP in power are getting more ridiculous with every post.

I'm not trying to steer those of you with powers. I'm not trying to tell all of you what to do.

But I would encourage you to look at what is being said, and judge it on its own merit. I've been in a ton of phalla games, whether you remember me or not. I always try and be truthy. As much as I can.

And the truth is, something here stinks.

And it's magic.

• JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Yo everyone here I'm Yellow Diamond and I will confirm everything that Magic says.

Go a head and vote me out or kill me Mafia, it will only prove me right. I've been role blocking TRV for the last 3 days and there hasn't been a second kill. It's the best we have to go on.

Pearls were Masons with their individual Diamonds. One a blocker, one a guard.

Yo everyone here I'm Yellow Diamond and I will confirm everything that Magic says.

Go a head and vote me out or kill me Mafia, it will only prove me right. I've been role blocking TRV for the last 3 days and there hasn't been a second kill. It's the best we have to go on.

See, it absolutely isn't the best we have to go on seeing as it was explicitly listed in narration that there was fusion and two mafia died and there's no more double kills since then.

TR sorry but you are our best lead and now actively trying to push village leadership votes.

I mean yeah that's fine if I die tonight. The only thing I've got to help is my voice so I'm gonna use it until I can't.

Also, yellow diamond, what proof do you have of magic's claim?

You haven't done a single thing to prove either of yourselves. It's easy to claim a role and an alignment, but what proof do you have? How can you prove that you're a roleblocker, and how can magic prove that they're a guard?

It's so easy to claim some tangentially central village ability that there's no way to confirm, especially since the seer conveniently never made it through day one.

I'm not going to be mad if I'm voted out, but I'd be frustrated with myself if I didn't make my concerns heard. It took me a while to dig into things, but now that I am I just really don't like what I'm seeing.

"I'm the village head, so listen to me" is a TERRIBLE strategy without some kind of proof. And even then, following in an orderly line isn't always smart.

So many people have been doing one word vote posts and nobody's called them out but me.

So when I die and you've shot yourselves in the foot? Your vote records are garbage because there's no reasoning for anything. It just is the way it is because it is that way.

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    2 Votes for TRV, 1 for MP currently.

5 votes are currently uncast.

I feel like its been a while since things have been this aggressive at the end. Or it could be that I'm frequently taken out before this point.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
    Look TRV if you are actually Village I will feel bad, but it's the best lead we have.

Look TRV if you are actually Village I will feel bad, but it's the best lead we have.

Howis it the best lead we have?
    You have provided one bit of happenstance that occurred when you claim to have started doing stuff. I have provided a rebuttal that is clearly backed up not only by narration, but by in universe character wiki stuff.

And frankly, Justice, I'm less suspicious of you. Nothing about the stuff that has been presented by Magic is...reasonable? As a reason to kill me.

The real reason is that I'm not shutting up and falling in line. A leader that is afraid of discussion is not a leader we need.

If you want, why not kill us both? Tie the vote, take us both out, see who is right, and see where things go.

I don't think y'all can afford to lose me. You need me to win the numbers game.

Oh yeah also there were two kills on night 3 and I was inactive that night. So.
    *shrug*

I don't have a lot of time between meetings and things have pretty much settled so it's time to make a choice. Luckily I should be back before vote close in case anything else comes to light.

It occurs to me that we could totally be looking at a situation where MP, JFP, and TRV are all vilagers and no matter who we choose we're going to be shooting ourselves in the foot.

Personally I think the missing second mafia kill is most likely due to Fusion mechanics (why mention fusion so much in narration otherwise), possibly from half the mafia dying, and least likely from Role-blocking. I say least likely not only because the other explanations make more sense, but also because putting a second mafia kill on a single person is so risky from a design perspective (your kills per day calculations will fluctuate wildly if that person gets taken out by an early lucky village shot). This makes me think TRV is village.

MP and JFP's claims, while totally unprovable, are not totally out of bounds. I do think that a guard, with self guard, masoned to a sacrificial guard (that can eat a village vote none-the-less) is very nearly to the "insane" level of power that would make me reject the claim out of hand. Especially adding to that a Roleblocker also masoned to a sacrificial guard. I would expect a mafia in such a game to have some equally strong abilities but we haven't seen anything like that this game. In fact, if the seer hadn't died Day 1 I suspect the game would have been over a couple days ago. But hey, no game is promised as balanced so using that as a reason to call MP and JFP mafia doesn't quite cut it.

I'm actually inclined to drop a vote on one of the super quiet people. The more I think about it I feel like the mafia are just sitting back and letting us go down the wrong path, like they have for the last couple days. Wildcat hasn't said anything yet today, on kind of an important day. Everyone else has at least chimed in, even if they haven't voted yet. And I'd rather take a shot at someone laying low when it matters than one of the 3 folks that are at this point, no better than coin flips (each has arguments for and against being village/mafia).

edited March 2018
    JPants wrote: »
    I don't have a lot of time between meetings and things have pretty much settled so it's time to make a choice. Luckily I should be back before vote close in case anything else comes to light.

It occurs to me that we could totally be looking at a situation where MP, JFP, and TRV are all vilagers and no matter who we choose we're going to be shooting ourselves in the foot.

Personally I think the missing second mafia kill is most likely due to Fusion mechanics (why mention fusion so much in narration otherwise), possibly from half the mafia dying, and least likely from Role-blocking. I say least likely not only because the other explanations make more sense, but also because putting a second mafia kill on a single person is so risky from a design perspective (your kills per day calculations will fluctuate wildly if that person gets taken out by an early lucky village shot). This makes me think TRV is village.

MP and JFP's claims, while totally unprovable, are not totally out of bounds. I do think that a guard, with self guard, masoned to a sacrificial guard (that can eat a village vote none-the-less) is very nearly to the "insane" level of power that would make me reject the claim out of hand. Especially adding to that a Roleblocker also masoned to a sacrificial guard. I would expect a mafia in such a game to have some equally strong abilities but we haven't seen anything like that this game. In fact, if the seer hadn't died Day 1 I suspect the game would have been over a couple days ago. But hey, no game is promised as balanced so using that as a reason to call MP and JFP mafia doesn't quite cut it.

I'm actually inclined to drop a vote on one of the super quiet people. The more I think about it I feel like the mafia are just sitting back and letting us go down the wrong path, like they have for the last couple days. Wildcat hasn't said anything yet today, on kind of an important day. Everyone else has at least chimed in, even if they haven't voted yet. And I'd rather take a shot at someone laying low when it matters than one of the 3 folks that are at this point, no better than coin flips (each has arguments for and against being village/mafia).

That is honestly what I am scared of the most.

MagicPrime on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    Given that I was almost pilloried for voting without comments yesterday, I'm trying to put more thought into things before voting today.

Can ability powers still be used if you are absent from the village vote that day?