Options

Stephen Hawking has died

2»

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2018
    Someone suggested they were just too shy.

edit: there's a physics theory that says you can only time travel to points that are (temporally) after time travel has been invented, but the maths on that one is a bit hand-wavy.

tynic on
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Or they showed up and he didn't tell anyone.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    humanity may not necessarily invent time travel

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    I kinda hope we don't.

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I think Hawking really just wanted to party with people from the future

fucking jerks didn't show

and because I'm me:

Stephen Hawking Says We Should Really Be Scared Of Capitalism, Not Robots
    If machines produce everything we need, the outcome will depend on how things are distributed. Everyone can enjoy a life of luxurious leisure if the machine-produced wealth is shared, or most people can end up miserably poor if the machine-owners successfully lobby against wealth redistribution. So far, the trend seems to be toward the second option, with technology driving ever-increasing inequality.

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    edited March 2018
    edit: tweet no longer exists

long story short, Stephen Hawking regrets not getting a chance to roll over Margaret Thatcher's toes with his wheelchair

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    MachwingMachwing It looks like a harmless old computer, doesn't it? Left in this cave to rot ... or to flower!Registered User regular

rip stephen hawking
    thanks for your input

l3icwZV.png
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Well, that makes sense, because Stephen Hawking massively advanced our knowledge of the underpinnings of the cosmos, and Kirstie Alley is a space cadet.

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Well, that makes sense, because Stephen Hawking massively advanced our knowledge of the underpinnings of the cosmos, and Kirstie Alley is a space cadet.
    hey now she was Lieutenant JG.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »

edit: there's a physics theory that says you can only time travel to points that are (temporally) after time travel has been invented, but the maths on that one is a bit hand-wavy.

<_<

So there is the idea that you hook one side of a wormhole up to a rocket to get it going so fraction of the speed of light.
    That side of the hole ages slower than the other side of the hole, so people can go through one way to go to the past, and the other to go to the future.
    But that requires the wormhole existing in the first place, so you can't go back further than when one side was originally accelerated or when the wormhole was created.

Which means we didn't discover how to create such a traversable wormhole at the time of Hawking's party.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    The time travelers could have also been prevented from attending the party because of some kind of police force. A Time Cop, if you will.

sig.gif
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    tynic wrote: »

<_<

So there is the idea that you hook one side of a wormhole up to a rocket to get it going so fraction of the speed of light.
    That side of the hole ages slower than the other side of the hole, so people can go through one way to go to the past, and the other to go to the future.
    But that requires the wormhole existing in the first place, so you can't go back further than when one side was originally accelerated or when the wormhole was created.

Which means we didn't discover how to create such a traversable wormhole at the time of Hawking's party.

Isn't that just Primer style time travel?

• Options
    primer is a rough movie

as in it makes me want to have a big drink and try to think happy thoughts

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    It's simple: the timeline split when the time travelers came back to party.

• Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    Opty wrote: »
    It's simple: the timeline split when the time travelers came back to party.

Wait, so when was this aprty? And when was the bearinstain/bearinstein bears published?

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    In the future they have mass cloned Jean Claude Van Damme in order to protect the past from evil time travelers

• Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    the time traveler was actually there, but Hawking didn't believe him because he was in a contemporary period person's body

X3mSuLr.gif

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    the time traveler was actually there, but Hawking didn't believe him because he was in a contemporary period person's body

X3mSuLr.gif

In fact it was his job to keep the other time travelers from coming, because if they had something terrrrible would've happened!