As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Take some [photos] and show me them

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Fishman wrote: »
    Steady on there, Mori, here I am suggesting the board game equivalent of a prolonged Italian candlelit dinner and you come bursting in here proposing something akin to a swingers key party.

... I mean, do you have the fourth edition? Because, you know, I could maybe have a word with Jen or something... only if you and Rachel are interested of course... In ... you know.. that sort of thing.

*fans self*

You both can come over and play board games any time

maybe we'll get into Gloomhaven

if you like the kinky shit

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Steady on there, Mori, here I am suggesting the board game equivalent of a prolonged Italian candlelit dinner and you come bursting in here proposing something akin to a swingers key party.

... I mean, do you have the fourth edition? Because, you know, I could maybe have a word with Jen or something... only if you and Rachel are interested of course... In ... you know.. that sort of thing.

*fans self*

Well, Jen and I already have a Gloomhaven triad thing going with her BFF Deb, but we've have talked about how we might open that up to other couples as well. As it is I've already made some homemade stuff for us to enjoy while we're playing, if you know what I mean.

I mean foamcore.

:winky:

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »

*fans self*

Well, Jen and I already have a Gloomhaven triad thing going with her BFF Deb, but we've have talked about how we might open that up to other couples as well. As it is I've already made some homemade stuff for us to enjoy while we're playing, if you know what I mean.

I mean foamcore.

:winky:

Ye gods, this is a 13+ forum, stop with this sick filth!

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    So about a year ago I was on Holiday in Tasman district and encountered more than a fair share of beautiful sunrise landscapes as I went for my usual morning walks.
    Armed with my DSLR I was liberal with my shots, but once I got home I've been so intimidated by how good they looked I've actually been afraid to start post-processing them.

However, with the lockdown in place and a desire to not just goof off playing videogames while trying to encourage my kids to be productive and keep learning I sat down and leaned into this task that I've been wanting/dreading for a while.
    In the end however, I am quite pleased with the outcome for my favourite shot.

Sunrise over Abel Tasman National Park as seen across Golden Bay
    ONSoNQy.jpg

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Did the kids help you with that? And if so how did you go about teaching them?

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    My kids are still a little young for intermediate photo processing, so we talked about what we did on our holiday last year, what we saw in Golden Bay, how the days are longer in Summer, Daylight Saving, and the inclination of the Earth to the Sun while I occasionally threw out a question like "do you think this looks better in 16:9 or 16:10?".

• Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    o2yg7ws60za1.jpg

Beautiful stray cat, no idea what breed this is. Guess someone abandoned it since we don't really have these types around here

• Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    It's spring, so my cherry blossom trees are doing their thing. Or at least, my big yoshino is. It's always the first cultivar to look pretty.

ONgf5Rw.jpg

DE4GqQ6.jpg

5t9Wsdh.jpg

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Peas wrote: »
    o2yg7ws60za1.jpg

Beautiful stray cat, no idea what breed this is. Guess someone abandoned it since we don't really have these types around here

Looks like a Tonkinese

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I don't think it's a cherry tree but it's odd
    lrea93aaycga.png

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    if you can get a clear, close up picture of one of the flowers it might be identifyable

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    if you can get a clear, close up picture of one of the flowers it might be identifyable

It's on the walk home so i will try

• Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    Spent basically all of today playing with Pixel Sorting of one type or another. Wasn't expecting it to be easy, looks like I need to brush up on my coding a bit...

eio7cky5pdz9.jpg

b119zzgezzrr.jpg

• Options
    edited March 2020
    it may not be what you were going for but the artifacting on that looks really cool! Love the forest shot too.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Yeah that actually looks cool as fuck.

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2020
    @Prospicience What’s that style/effect called in the forest shot? I’d be interested in looking up some tutorials

godmode on
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Hey thanks y'all, there are some apps that do a much better job than I did here or at least more targeted effects (glitch lab / mirror lab). I'm trying to get back into coding/programming though, so I'm trying to teach myself the code that does this kind of manipulation the the photos.

@godmode they're both using a process called pixel sorting. A few tutorials along with some code I've found to play with it:

http://satyarth.me/articles/pixel-sorting/ - http://feiss.github.io/pixelsorting/ - http://datamoshing.com/2016/06/16/how-to-glitch-images-using-pixel-sorting/

You can also use an "easy way" by playing with layers and the "wind" distortion filter in photoshop. I've got easy way in quotes there because it is still quite time consuming to get desired effects. There's a guy who made a whole action sequence you can buy for $7 that actually does a pretty incredible job, may end up buying it after teaching myself the coding aspect as it would likely save a lot of time.

One I did on my own using the "wind" distortion filter and layers in photoshop: hes4okg15q3p.jpg

Prospicience on
  • Options
    BotznoyBotznoy Registered User regular
    That is dope as hell

IZF2byN.jpg

Want to play co-op games? Feel free to hit me up!
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    At least I'm getting some nice solitary hiking done so long as the local parks remain open

bo0usq5axek4.jpg

hummingbird!

7uopfth15luu.jpg

• Options
    Brainleech wrote: »

It's on the walk home so i will try

Because the tree in question is in the ? area of a gas station and it's a place where the homeless, and others hang out I had to wait to snap a pic but the flowers were starting to fade
    n0hsuyqw2wrc.png
    Left tree
    tiu4lcgm61c6.png
    right tree

• Options
    edited April 2020
    no idea about the left tree, right one might be a plum tree. e: I'm like 85% sure the right one is a plum yeah

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Cherry blossom viewing parties (Hanami) are a big deal in Japan, but we’ve been skipping them this year for obvious reasons. However, the Sakura trees are still gorgeous; here are a few along my morning run.

t4ORUTA.jpg
    Df56iH9.jpg
    KUMTeq4.jpg

• Options
    spectacular!

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Woops. Just bumped into my power ceiling finishing up my motor build. Guess it's time to take all that heavy waste oil I keep dumping occasionally and finally refine it into fuel, then build some generators. More and more projects!

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »
    Woops. Just bumped into my power ceiling finishing up my motor build. Guess it's time to take all that heavy waste oil I keep dumping occasionally and finally refine it into fuel, then build some generators. More and more projects!

Take a picture of it you fool

• Options
    Hahaha. Whoops wrong thread!

• Options
    Real Picture Though. I took this last week on my way home from somewhere in the evening as the sun was setting. I'm assuming we're not safe for 56k here.

lxobdksodqly.jpg

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Hey thanks y'all, there are some apps that do a much better job than I did here or at least more targeted effects (glitch lab / mirror lab). I'm trying to get back into coding/programming though, so I'm trying to teach myself the code that does this kind of manipulation the the photos.

@godmode they're both using a process called pixel sorting. A few tutorials along with some code I've found to play with it:

http://satyarth.me/articles/pixel-sorting/ - http://feiss.github.io/pixelsorting/ - http://datamoshing.com/2016/06/16/how-to-glitch-images-using-pixel-sorting/

You can also use an "easy way" by playing with layers and the "wind" distortion filter in photoshop. I've got easy way in quotes there because it is still quite time consuming to get desired effects. There's a guy who made a whole action sequence you can buy for $7 that actually does a pretty incredible job, may end up buying it after teaching myself the coding aspect as it would likely save a lot of time.

One I did on my own using the "wind" distortion filter and layers in photoshop: hes4okg15q3p.jpg

This looks cool and makes me feel really unsettled at the same time

• Options
    CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    Looks like an early aughts Modest Mouse album cover. Good work!

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    It reminds me 80s, 90s airbrush art, probably for some synth music album.

• Options
    edited April 2020
    godmode wrote: »
    gorgeousness

I'm so jealous, this is basically #1 on my bucket list right here. I need to make it happen in the next couple years... Gorgeous photos!
    honovere wrote: »
    It reminds me 80s, 90s airbrush art, probably for some synth music album.
    Haha I'll totally take that, been listening to quite a bit of synth lately. One of my first pixel sorting photos was actually a photo I took of Magic Sword when they had a halloween show here last fall.

sy6gvb42l4xk.png

Prospicience on
  • Options
    edited April 2020

This looks cool and makes me feel really unsettled at the same time

That's how I felt while making it, so I'm glad that came through =P

Ack, sorry for the double post.

Prospicience on
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    I took a few quick photos while on a jog. I can only post one though because the other is a panorama and apparently I can't edit that.

My town is real pretty in the spring. Unfortunately the park had to be closed down and that's where all the super scenic shit is. But I found a photo from about this time last year that shows it off.

Spoilers for phone posting

From today

66sfatzvyhph.jpg

Last year in the park which I can't go be in now.

0rtp5flppyh0.jpg

• Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    edited April 2020
    This one's kinda big, and I can't find the rule for file sizes in the forums. Let me know if I should remove it and replace with a smaller file. If my Sky Map app is to believed, this is from left ot right, Mars, Saturn and Jupiter, taken with my Note10, rhis morning. I have a hard time believing I could see Jupiter and Saturn with the naked eye, much less taking a picture of them on a cell phone, but here it is.

This was taken looking towards the east at around 5:45 am.
    jWXpCNu.jpg

valhalla130 on
    asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    this thread is implicitly ok for posting very large images in, yours is only 400 KB though Valhalla, just big in pixel dimensions.
    There used to be explicit image size limits posted somewhere but I can't find them anymore, I think under 1 MB is definitely fine though.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    I swear that file is 1.7 mb on my phone. I wonder if uploading it to Imgur changed it.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    The Finches have returned!

see5te64ogx0.jpeg

• Options
    It's been a few days. Here's another! I felt like trying to be artsy while dinner was cooking.

d54o5hrce96u.jpg