Options

Потёмкин оценочная станция [Fighting Games]

• Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    Pff everyone talking about Tekken or SF or anime games

I just played like 3 hours of the true great fighting game, Marvel Infinite. There were actually people playing it! I did have to search for lobbies because there sure as hell wasn't anyone playing ranked.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    l_gl_g Registered User regular
    DeMoN wrote: »
    Pff everyone talking about Tekken or SF or anime games

I just played like 3 hours of the true great fighting game, Marvel Infinite. There were actually people playing it! I did have to search for lobbies because there sure as hell wasn't anyone playing ranked.

I am as glad that you had fun playing a game you like to play as I am surprised that you were able to find people to play MvCI with!

Cole's Law: "Thinly sliced cabbage."
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    Thanks! Yeah I'm feeling pretty good about it

I just can't think about the game in any other capacity because that's when the sadness comes

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    I want to play Testament, again. And now that there are cutscenes, I want to see him and Sol stand around and awkwardly be ancient granddads.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    give me zappa or give me death

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
    https://youtu.be/gqOidq3n1Q4

Lei's costumes all look great. I also didn't know they were adding easy combo assist - gotta remember to turn that off ASAP. I have a bad habit of double tapping when I get excited and shit like that just reinforces my bad behavior.

SteamID: Pudgestomp
    XBL: InvaderJims
    Bnet: Pudgestomp#11153
  • Options
    DeansDeans Registered User regular
    Season 2 has landed! Time to check the damages.

• Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator Mod Emeritus
    SEEEAAAAAAAASON TWWWWOOOOOOOOOOO

...and Im stuck bleeding out in a tattoo shop...

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Oh god...they made Leo's db4 even better on counter hit. You get a full combo punish.

CH b1 is gone though.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Hell yeah, time to ignore Season 2 for a night while I finish this paper that I should have finished a week ago!

Procrastination wins again!

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Fucking Heihachi has a 10f launcher with his new rage drive. Sit down, Akuma.

E: aw, only on CH. BUT STILL.

Knob on
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    are any of the new characters out with this, I wanted to give anna a shot

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    DeansDeans Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Yup! Anna and Lei, but you gotta buy them.

[edit] Looks like they're not on the PS4 store yet, they're on PC though.

Deans on
  • Options
    ConnConn Registered User regular
    So after fooling around a bit I'm noticing that Wall Bounces only happen if you do them BEFORE the Screws, and if you try to do one after, you just get a regular wallsplat.

Also Katarina might be the biggest beneficiary of these buffs 'cause her shit is dope now.

XBL, PSN, and NNID: "ConnConnor" for all three.
  • Options
    Conn wrote: »
    So after fooling around a bit I'm noticing that Wall Bounces only happen if you do them BEFORE the Screws, and if you try to do one after, you just get a regular wallsplat.

I think it's even more extreme than that: I don't think you can even get them if they aren't the move that starts the combo. If you take Feng for example and do:
    d/b+4, WS1, 1, d/f+2,2

The d/f+2,2 will cause a wallsplat but will not cause wallbounce.

• Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Knob wrote: »
    Fucking Heihachi has a 10f launcher with his new rage drive. Sit down, Akuma.

E: aw, only on CH. BUT STILL.

lars can do this same type of shit off F2,1
    without CH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8_gL4spDgk&feature=youtu.be

THESPOOKY on
    d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    Well thats gonna be fixed in about 4 seconds

• Options
    l_g wrote: »

I think it's even more extreme than that: I don't think you can even get them if they aren't the move that starts the combo. If you take Feng for example and do:
    d/b+4, WS1, 1, d/f+2,2

If you don't launch, you can combo into wallbounce. King can link b+4 after a CH f,f,N,1+2

ITS MY FAVORITE THING RIGHT NOW

https://youtu.be/ajpmvwLl2Kc

• Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    I thought the Heihachi thing was an outlier but now I wonder what other totally stupid shit is in this patch

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    My eyes are bugging out less over the hei thing once i remembered that 1,b+2 only combos on CH

Let the man stack some damage with his rage

• Options
    Knob wrote: »
    l_g wrote: »

d/b+4, WS1, 1, d/f+2,2

If you don't launch, you can combo into wallbounce. King can link b+4 after a CH f,f,N,1+2

ITS MY FAVORITE THING RIGHT NOW

https://youtu.be/ajpmvwLl2Kc

Good to know, and awesome combo!

Did Harada and the team just think that people didn't die fast enough in regular Tekken 7? Because there is crazy amounts of damage just pouring out everywhere.

It also makes the difference between walled stages and infinite stages even greater. The difference was already big, but now that wallbounce is a thing, stages that literally don't have walls carve off many new cases of "WOW YOU DIED" damage.

• Options
    edited September 2018
    I have no idea when the hell Paul will ever be able to land that big stupid jumping punch of his, but if he ever does and gets the wallbounce from it, that's round-ending damage hahaha

One thing's for sure is that not all wallbounces are made equal

l_g on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Hmm.. CH b1 being gone does suck that said CH qcf2 gives a quaranteed follow up as far as I can tell and is safe on block so it isn't too bad. The b1/b1,4 mixup wasn't real anyway so I didn't like using it much.

df2+3 no longer gives a guaranteed knockdown on hit. But now you get a bigger combo on CH its -12 instead of -15 and actually useful midscreen.

Overall I want to say Leo's more degenerate stuff is gone but she might actually be a better character all things considered.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    Josie seems much, much improved with the new update. I wonder if now she'll be scary enough that you might start seeing her in higher level play too.

• Options
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Hmm.. CH b1 being gone does suck that said CH qcf2 gives a quaranteed follow up as far as I can tell and is safe on block so it isn't too bad. The b1/b1,4 mixup wasn't real anyway so I didn't like using it much.

df2+3 no longer gives a guaranteed knockdown on hit. But now you get a bigger combo on CH its -12 instead of -15 and actually useful midscreen.

Overall I want to say Leo's more degenerate stuff is gone but she might actually be a better character all things considered.

I think df+2+3 giving a full combo on CH is a huge buff, even though it comes with the significant nerf of not giving a knockdown on regular hit.
    Evidently full crouch df+3 with Leo also gives a full combo on CH, but you have to be fast and it probably doesn't work on all characters. I caught a bit of Gura's stream where he was experimenting and found that.
    Josie seems much, much improved with the new update. I wonder if now she'll be scary enough that you might start seeing her in higher level play too.

Pokchop and Kagemaru totally user her in higher level play!

CH 3+4 giving a screw definitely is a nice buff, along with all the other stuff she got. All of the new things she got aside from that still seem to be answered by sidestepping, so that was probably much-needed.

Of course the real gem is that she now has
    sol-banditbringer.gif

• Options
    People are really trying to argue that Lars having a 12 frame punisher that does 50 damage, wall carry and knockdown midscreen and 100+ damage with rage and a wall is intentional.

And this is exactly why some people shouldn't have a say in balancing.

• Options
    Lol at anyone who thinks a safe 12f NC launcher is Feature Working As Intended

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    oh you know, tekken damage, let it rock

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    give lars a gun

• Options
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Oh Katarina can Wallbounce now?

LOL RIP EVERYONE

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Oh that means Kazumi’s dope carry works too then FUUUUUCK

• Options
    dunno who made this pic but i agree
    0crl39y7oof9.png

• Options
    Namco made that pic

Thats an actual still from Story Mode

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    If I like Lucky Chloe and like Lili, who should I play?

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Lili

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Patch notes for BBtag are up, patch coming on the 11th.
    https://arcsystemworks.com/blazblue-cross-tag-battle-patch-1-30-details/
    tl;dr: Mostly minor system changes and character changes. Some of the lower tier characters got buffs, and significant buffs in some cases. Strong characters mostly unchanged, although Ruby in particular got hit. Probably still great.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Patch notes for BBtag are up, patch coming on the 11th.
    https://arcsystemworks.com/blazblue-cross-tag-battle-patch-1-30-details/
    tl;dr: Mostly minor system changes and character changes. Some of the lower tier characters got buffs, and significant buffs in some cases. Strong characters mostly unchanged, although Ruby in particular got hit. Probably still great.

Of the absolute top tiers: Ruby got large nerfs, Jin got nerfs, Gordeau is basically untouched, Es got slightly buffed (lol). Sword brothers Yu and Hyde are mostly unchanged.

Huge buffs to Weiss, Chie, and Yukiko with some sizable ones to Kanji, Makoto, Ragna, and Platinum from what I'm reading. General buffs and positive changes for most characters. Yang will be more annoying with added projectile super-armor. Linne's only changes were a faster 5P and less damage scaling on her attacks so hopefully her 'does no damage' problem is gone now. I also wonder how Azrael's neutral will improve now that his B moves will be cancelable.

The only characters without changes other than bugfixes, for the most part, are the nine brand new characters. Everyone else got a chunk of changes.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    All combo damage following the hit of the universal reversal being recoverable is a fun change. I like it, even though it doesn't matter as much at the level of the game I play at.

- Jin's changes all look like buffs to me, except for maybe the change to forward+P! But I don't know enough about the game, so if you could explain I'm sure I'd find it enlightening!

- Weiss getting two jump cancellable moves sounds like big buffs already. I do wonder if they made it so her super can hit both people on the enemy team though...

- Waldstein got buffs? He seems like a strong character!

- Gordeau escaping with what seems like a single minor nerf seems interesting.

- Orie's changes seem like mostly buffs, don't know what the net result of her neutral assist is. But, this:
    Sacred Spire ・Fixed a naming error. The correct name is “Sacred Spire Lucent.”
    the most important change

- I'm surprised Hazama got buffs.
    If I like Lucky Chloe and like Lili, who should I play?

If you want to play a character who has stubby moves but does stupid combo damage, you pick Chloe.
    Since you like the various anime games, you might find Chloe more fun.
    On the other hand, since Lili has more moves that chain into mobility, you might find that that makes up for Tekken's lack of any real air game.

The real question is whether you want to annoy people by making them watch your character drink a cup of tea, or by doing an idol dance routine.

l_g on
This discussion has been closed.