Options

Fighting games - NCR March 30!

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Air Throws are just not as good as they were in 4, which is a shame because I love them.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    zeku has command air throw! and i once fought someone who tried to use it that way in earnest

it did not work out for him

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    giving a ninja an air throw and it isn't an izuna drop smh

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Command air throws can be fun when they defy physics.

• Options
    An absolutely criminal lack of Izuna drops in fighting games these days, tbh

• Options
    edited March 2018

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2018/mar/19/capcom-reveals-premier-pass-street-fighter-5-arcade-edition/

lS7ryav.jpg
    sjcIVh4.jpg
    WqzXxxE.jpg
    Radius wrote: »

SabreMau on
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator Mod Emeritus
    Radius wrote: »

yoshimitsu has one

play tekken

Eat Arbys

• Options
    Give :snap: Noctis :snap: an :snap: Izuna :snap: Drop

• Options

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    give bardock great ozaru

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    bardock should definitely have one super that is him developing the fake moon light technology and then another that is him turning into the giant monkey (but it can only be done if he does the moon light science one first)

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    i am crazy nutso excited rn

my drive for a local is about to go from 40 miles in hellish traffic at rush hour to 25 miles on a not terrible couple of freeways

and it fits in exactly perfectly with my schedule

now i just need to stop being bad at tekken and dbfz

@Knob i would be happy to play most any evening but mondays

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Are you moving closer to WNF/Esports Arena or closer to a different local?

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    my current nearby local place is still closed and looking for a new location and my only option is to drive into boston and I think once I have to start paying toll booths and boston rush hour traffic I'm out

I wanna body people in sfv and dbz womp womp

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    https://community.wbgames.com/t5/Official-Announcements/Regen-Token-conversion/m-p/1824127#M26

Heads up Injustice people. Use your regen tokens before Thursday, as they are getting reset due to the Legendary Edition upgrade. Also, if there is room in a PA guild, I'd love to join one.

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    Fig-D wrote: »

Neither, stumbled upon a local that's closer to me while I was looking for blue goku matches to study, it's in long beach

https://www.dropkickevents.com/tuesdays

They're having their inaugural Tuesday event tonight

If it doesn't start storming too hard I'm gonna go

If not, next week

But stormy l.a. freeways in rush hour naaah I can wait

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    Smh I'm babysitting tonight

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    teach the child how to play dbz

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    l_gl_g Registered User regular
    Smh I'm babysitting tonight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fb_JQ8NSomg

BOOTCAMP IS ABOUT TO BEGIN

Cole's Law: "Thinly sliced cabbage."
  • Options
    at their house so no dbfz (though i could get her started on the show...........)

but this summer my nephews are coming for a couple weeks

and best believe they're gonna be getting some training

7 years old is too old to not know how to throw a hadouken imho

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    Speaking of locals, is anybody here in the DMV region? Xanadu is closed until they get a new location set up, and it has me thinking I should find a closer place anyway.

Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Fig-D wrote: »

Neither, stumbled upon a local that's closer to me while I was looking for blue goku matches to study, it's in long beach

https://www.dropkickevents.com/tuesdays

They're having their inaugural Tuesday event tonight

If it doesn't start storming too hard I'm gonna go

If not, next week

But stormy l.a. freeways in rush hour naaah I can wait

Nice! Long Beach would be a bit far for me (the northbound 405 during rush hour is not a thing I'll willingly subject myself to) but it's good to know there are other options. For perspective, I live 8 miles away from Esports Arena. One day it took me over an hour to get there. I *hate* traffic and it's the primary reason I don't get out to events more.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    I feel that all over

Used to be cuz I was scared to drive and embarrassed to be seen in public

Now I just don't want to drive and then pay gas venue and entry fee just to lose an extra like 25 bucks a week on top of time spent driving in L.A. traffic

To get to Long Beach I only need to take the 5 to a stretch of the 710 so it's not a holocaust of a drive

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    So apparently that's it for Final Round for the foreseeable future. Cause seems to be a lot of drama and personal burnout.

Not gonna speak on the drama but a shame seems like that was one of the few big southern tourneys out there.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    Folken FanelFolken Fanel anime af When's KoFRegistered User regular
    edited March 2018
    The big drama is that lots of people dont feel like they get their moneys worth and the bad reputation caught up with them.

By all accounts this past year ran great but it takes time to build back this reputation.

The south has ceo twice a year which is run very well. KiT has become very popular as well. Not worried about the regional impact.

Sad to see fr go bc i like Larry. Would prefer instead that he keeps improving fr but not shocked its come to this.

Folken Fanel on
    Twitter: Folken_fgc Steam: folken_ XBL: flashg03 PSN: folken_PA SFV: folken_
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Characters I hate:

Everybody @Folken Fanel plays as.
  • Options
    EuphemonEuphemon itsudemo sagashiteiruyo dokka ni kimi no sugata woRegistered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    So apparently that's it for Final Round for the foreseeable future. Cause seems to be a lot of drama and personal burnout.

Not gonna speak on the drama but a shame seems like that was one of the few big southern tourneys out there.

Also Final Round as the start of every CPT in SFV was a cool thing, sucks to see it go.

iG3kv1d.png
  • Options
    the internet told me that FR the year SFV came out was a big dumpster fire.. and i guess he tried hard to step it up, but he had to fight the headwinds of lower registration

holding these premiers at big con halls feels a little... overkill, puts a lot of stress on the whole thing

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Yeah I only went to FR once like 4 or so years ago to play SC5.

I remember at one point we were waiting an hour or two mid-bracket for our tourney to start back up. And I remember my brother also had bad experiences in the past

But that was back in the day when many tourneys were ran kind of poorly(esp if your game wasn't SF) and I hadn't been keeping up with recent years.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    Jasconius wrote: »
    the internet told me that FR the year SFV came out was a big dumpster fire.. and i guess he tried hard to step it up, but he had to fight the headwinds of lower registration

holding these premiers at big con halls feels a little... overkill, puts a lot of stress on the whole thing

I can confirm your statement about the first year of sfv.

He used a venue that had hosted fr for the last several years. Small area plus smashgg crashing that weekend was a perfect storm that was the last straw for a lot of people.

Characters I hate:

• Options
    edited March 2018
    Size never seemed to be the issue to me, tbh, but once again this was years ago before the CapCup numbers started.

Problem always seem to be it was being managed poorly.

Like we had to keep track of our own bracket at one point.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    My friends and I found the "24/7 BYOC lounge" at one point, it was 3 folks and a Wii. There was a VF1 cabinet and two non-functioning racing games, but no other TVs or setups, so it was bring a lot more than just a controller.

Other than that, FR ran very smoothly this year--incredibly so, really--but it's my only point of reference.

THESPOOKY on
    d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    People have been hard at work on the Cross Tag Battle DLC silhouettes, and I am happy with quite a few of the discoveries.
    vuA5qTq.jpg

Platinum
    Labrys
    Yuzuriha
    Mika
    Nine
    Naoto
    Hakumen
    Orie
    Vatista
    Jubei
    Izayoi
    Akihiko
    Aigis
    Carmine

4 Silhouettes unidentified, that I can see? One has to be Kanji and Yang probably doesn't have one yet.

Seeing people saying Terumi, Mai, and Mitsuru for the White, Pink, and Orangish? ones respectively. Though I don't think that magenta blob is Kanji.

That would put the roster at 17/10/9/4 which is just unappealing to look at, and I don't see Akihiko and Aigis without Mitsuru, so probably swap out Terumi for, i don't know, Merkava?

Radius on
  • Options
    twice annual ranked grind evening complete, so i can get casual matches against people who aren't total gorillas. and certainly, the first super plat i got matched with played like a gentleman

that was worth the two hours of sadness

• Options
    Oh!

Today is the last day to start your Captain Commando costume, so go do that!

• Options
    edited March 2018
  • Options

He used a venue that had hosted fr for the last several years. Small area plus smashgg crashing that weekend was a perfect storm that was the last straw for a lot of people.

That said I will say one more thing.

I think expanding after SFVs first year was maybe not the best idea.

It was a new game and the first big CapCup. Hard to see what registration was gonna be at after things leveled off.

• Options
    Dragkonias wrote: »

That said I will say one more thing.

I think expanding after SFVs first year was maybe not the best idea.

It was a new game and the first big CapCup. Hard to see what registration was gonna be at after things leveled off.

I can't stress to you how crowded it was that first year. He felt tremendous pressure to increase the venue size.

Characters I hate:

• Options
    edited March 2018
    SNK Heroines demo on WNF... probably over with by the time anyone reads this

can't put my finger on it but the game looks really good and smooth to me. its not "great" graphics, but there's something about it that seems distinctly higher quality than KOF, even though it appears to be the same engine

since its apparently got tiny baby easy controls, if this game is even close to playable online, i'm fucking stoked

they say it's basically pad only unless they find a way to bind the stick controls to an arcade stick before it comes out

Jasconius on
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Dammit Jasconius, I just got my tax return, don't tempt me with that fatal cuties hat.

I don't even wear hats.

Radius on
This discussion has been closed.