Options

This is Larry the Cable Guy saying watch [Game Grumps] and CoNSumE PriLOsEc

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    That video was gross, but also entertaining.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    That pretty much sums up easy bake ovens

of which I had many

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular

Danny's face on the thumbnail for the video looks like Aphex Twin's warped face from Windowlicker. It is not a good look. :P

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Man I've been listening to the Breath of the Wild playthrough finally, and just got to the Zora domain part. I've heard clips from the series in Best Ofs, but hearing the build-up to "Nuzu, dispose of Muzu, FOR MY A-MUZ-MENT" was amazing.

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    That pretty much sums up easy bake ovens

of which I had many

God, that is too real. I got an general sense of dread watching that.

Brought back some long repressed memories. Think I'm going to need therapy.

Fuck you Easy Bake Oven. You are not a gift we give each other but a curse!

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Cynical Old Man Registered User regular
    I'm so glad they're playing through Majoras Mask. I've been recently thinking about trying to finish it again and I'm glad I didn't. This works better for me.

• Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    I'm in the exact same boat, I absolutely loved that game back when it came out, but in more recent attempts (On a N64), it simply has not aged well. GG's playthrough has been a great way to re-live it. There are a bunch of things I no longer had any memory of, such as the Nejiron, those creepy bastards.

• Options
    This turbo dismount game... They're completely ignoring the obstacles right? That's why some of the levels look barren?

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    A new Game Grumps animated! Just what I...kneaded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnBcwmrvUIg

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Satsumomo wrote: »
    I'm in the exact same boat, I absolutely loved that game back when it came out, but in more recent attempts (On a N64), it simply has not aged well. GG's playthrough has been a great way to re-live it. There are a bunch of things I no longer had any memory of, such as the Nejiron, those creepy bastards.
    They're like the creepers of the Zelda universe. Their model created in a failed attempt to create a new kind of Goron, that the developers then end up using anyway, due to time constraints. That was my head-canon as a kid anyhow. :shrug:
    The whole dev-cycle of MM was about finding ingenious new ways to reuse or re-purpose existing assets from OOT's longer dev cycle, so it would make sense.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Breath of the Wild episode 55 was so good.

*ffffwoomp*

• Options
    Yesterday's Majora's Mask episode is the perfect example of why I don't like the game. The face on the clone thing you can make of Link? The dancing Redeads? Everything is just weird for its own sake and that's not very LoZ feeling. If the game was silly from top to bottom, then fine, but the game wants it to be SO SERIOUS that this fucking moon face is crashing onto this town. It's dumb and disjointed. It's like the Neon Genesis of Legend of Zeldas; has no idea what genre or aesthetic it wants to have.
    Neon Genesis is schizophrenic in its themes; one second it is a comedy, then a mystery, then action, then fucked up pervy, etc.

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    I mostly don't like Majora's Mask (or OoT) because the graphics make the games look terrible.

Say what you want that you don't need graphics to make a game fun. I mostly agree with that. But there's a definite point where some people can't look at the game and have fun because the game's art style/graphics ruin everything. Especially after coming off the crisp masterpiece of LttP.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    See, that's one of the reasons I like the game. It has a whole "warped faerie tale" feel to it were everything feels just a little ... off for one reason or another.

The exception are those beavers they raced a while ago. Those really feel more like Banjo characters than Zelda ones.

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Man, I do not really care for the MM/really any Zelda playthrough they do so the Best of March video is a lot of jumping past that.

• Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    I like Majora's Mask's tone and setting. It feels like a subtly darker take on the franchise. Even if we never go back to Termina I think it's flavor would fit for a kind of Dark World.

• Options
    Oh yeah the Best of March video is up. Howsitgoingdood.

Also fucking clams. Also you should've accounted for the wind.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »

Rewatching the clams reminded me of precisely what Arin was doing wrong, it's impressive. At one point, he tries to drop down onto a clam like 4 times in a row before varying his approach.

• Options

Rewatching the clams reminded me of precisely what Arin was doing wrong, it's impressive. At one point, he tries to drop down onto a clam like 4 times in a row before varying his approach.
    The best was the piranhas and his attempts to bomb them. I dunno how he lived, he glitched that shit somehow.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Oh god why are they playing One Day for Ched. That game is hot garbage, and very very drunk.

https://youtu.be/I7TUqDrCP60

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nUscbJ6lbQ

The best one yet. Love this show :D

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKxe003BAQU

• Options
    Yessssssss

• Options
    Fuck yeah!

Mario Maker is one of my favorite Grumps series.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    FUCK

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Edit : Is this the first vid with that updated intro?

Kai_San on
  • Options
    I almost edited my post earlier to say "except when they played Ross's dumb levels"... Whelp =/

Enemy Mine was rad as fuck! I watched that movie a million times when I was a kid.

Also, Lou Gosset Jr. played the Vortigaunts in Half-Life 2.

Also also, a better Dennis Quaid movie than Dragonheart is Inner Space.

• Options
    Kai_San wrote: »
    FUCK

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Edit : Is this the first vid with that updated intro?
    Today's Majora's Mask episode had it as well. I guess we can expect it from here on out. I like it.

• Options
    Someone made a "This is the one" compilation and it's really bad. I thought it would be a snappy compilation of all the times Dan & Arin declared "This is the one" or something similar before immediately eating shit. Instead it's... really long-winded clips that maybe include phrases similar to that.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    If I had a long memory of times that happened, I'd probably want to try making a better one that is just "This is the one" --> failure --> reaction --> next clip.

Obviously, the final clip would be "the Ross shot" from Battle Kid.

• Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    Someone made a "This is the one" compilation and it's really bad. I thought it would be a snappy compilation of all the times Dan & Arin declared "This is the one" or something similar before immediately eating shit. Instead it's... really long-winded clips that maybe include phrases similar to that.

I really wish there was a snappy supercut like this of every time someone says "______ wins" accompanied by the editor's graphic.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    I never had a easy bake oven.

I had this thing that you stuck burning hot metal molds into to create plastic garbage creatures that was quickly taken away from me when it become instantly apparent that a six year old should not have access to burning hot metal molds.

• Options
    Amazing Twitter interaction just now. Holly was asking people in general for funny D&D stories.

Someone replied, "One time our bard got scared and jumped into a tent to hide and the tent was a mimic." And also tagged Barry. Holly responded with "LOL I'M SORRY"

• Options
    Mr RayMr Ray Sarcasm sphereRegistered User regular
    That whole thread is pretty amazing. My favorite is probably the guy whose character is two Gnomes in a trenchcoat and has to keep rolling persuasion checks to convince everyone he's just a very tall Elf.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Amazing Twitter interaction just now. Holly was asking people in general for funny D&D stories.

Someone replied, "One time our bard got scared and jumped into a tent to hide and the tent was a mimic." And also tagged Barry. Holly responded with "LOL I'M SORRY"

I see you @The Hanged Man (click through for thread)

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Goose! wrote: »

I see you "The Hanged Man" (click through for thread)

Tusk is a good guy and more people need to know about him.

He became apprenticed to his clan's shaman because his mom (a legendary warlord) kept hassling him to get a job. He thought being an Orc Shaman was 100% eating psychedelic mushrooms in a cave and playing drums around a fire pit, and that was mostly accurate, but it turned out his mind was actually a little too open to the spirit realm, and the Great Mad Boar Spirit who had been his clan's guardian in ancient times was able to just sort of barge in and claim his body as its new mortal avatar. So he was like "Guess I've got to be an itinerant Barbarian adventurer now, on account of being filled with all this Boar Spirit Rage." Later on he looted a magic sword called the WOLFBLADE (sick guitar riff goes here) that was cursed to turn its wielder into a Werewolf, but the overwhelming magical presence of the Great Mad Boar Spirit was enough to warp its curse so it would turn him into a Wereboar instead, and the sword was renamed RAZORBACK: THE HOGSABER.

He's basically an answer to the question "What if Andy Dwyer was the Incredible Hulk?"

Desert Leviathan on
    Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »

I see you "The Hanged Man" (click through for thread)

Tusk is a good guy and more people need to know about him.

He became apprenticed to his clan's shaman because his mom (a legendary warlord) kept hassling him to get a job. He thought being an Orc Shaman was 100% eating psychedelic mushrooms in a cave and playing drums around a fire pit, and that was mostly accurate, but it turned out his mind was actually a little too open to the spirit realm, and the Great Mad Boar Spirit who had been his clan's guardian in ancient times was able to just sort of barge in and claim his body as its new mortal avatar. So he was like "Guess I've got to be an itinerant Barbarian adventurer now, on account of being filled with all this Boar Spirit Rage." Later on he looted a magic sword called the WOLFBLADE (sick guitar riff goes here) that was cursed to turn its wielder into a Werewolf, but the overwhelming magical presence of the Great Mad Boar Spirit was enough to warp its curse so it would turn him into a Wereboar instead, and the sword was renamed RAZORBACK: THE HOGSABER.

He's basically an answer to the question "What if Andy Dwyer was the Incredible Hulk?"

Isn't that essentially the plot of Sonic Unleashed?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Zunde wrote: »

I had this thing that you stuck burning hot metal molds into to create plastic garbage creatures that was quickly taken away from me when it become instantly apparent that a six year old should not have access to burning hot metal molds.

Shrinky-dinks?

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Everything about that Tusk story is amazing.

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Zython wrote: »
    Zunde wrote: »

Shrinky-dinks?

Cree-e-e-epy crawlers more likely.

Edit: I always tried to finagle an EZ bake oven or that mad scientist thing for Christmas, but my mom knew my dumbass would end up burning myself or something. Also I was already a fat kid, so a toy that makes baked goods/candy was an obvious bad choice.

I briefly wanted the Creepy Crawlers thing, but I found out you couldn't eat them and was like "...then what's the point?"

Skull2185 on
  • Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    It was creepy crawlies.

I burned the piss out of myself.

This discussion has been closed.