Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

This is Larry the Cable Guy saying watch [Game Grumps] and CoNSumE PriLOsEc

1434446484953

Posts

  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I love

    Dans Luigi voice

    Twitch Channel
    Steam: munkus_beaver
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
    http://www.ccfa.org/
    MNC Doverdarunia106HandkorJoolander
  • HenroidHenroid Radio Demon Internet HellRegistered User regular
    Devil's Third stream continues, supposedly they should finish it today. We've already had some gems today, like, "The only time Ivan swipes right is his knife across enemy neck."

    https://gaming.youtube.com/watch?v=TmKMSHpdVzE

    Centrism is just the cowardly way to be a bigot w/o being explicit about it.
    American politics isn't 4D chess, it's just if you give a shit about other people or not.
  • ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    I think Vegeta's Serenade might be my new favorite starbomb song.

  • HenroidHenroid Radio Demon Internet HellRegistered User regular
    Revisiting this gem.

    Centrism is just the cowardly way to be a bigot w/o being explicit about it.
    American politics isn't 4D chess, it's just if you give a shit about other people or not.
    urahonky
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    What the fuck with this Vomit game on the Wii?

    ThawmusZilla360
  • StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    it's pretty much a vomit game on the Wii

    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
    ThawmusZilla360
  • EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    Also, apparently an Epic Mickey ripoff?

    You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • HenroidHenroid Radio Demon Internet HellRegistered User regular
    Twilight Princess is upon us.



    The horse's name is ridiculous.

    Centrism is just the cowardly way to be a bigot w/o being explicit about it.
    American politics isn't 4D chess, it's just if you give a shit about other people or not.
    ExtreaminatusMNC DoverThawmusdarunia106Zilla360EmperorSethKadokenJoolander
  • ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited April 29
    Henroid wrote: »
    Twilight Princess is upon us.



    The horse's name is ridiculous.

    This is the last mainline console Zelda game they have to play. The end of an era is upon us.

    Until the next one comes out.

    Edit: I'm pleasantly surprised Arin pronounced the eszett correctly (or as correctly as I can determine).

    Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
    ThawmusZilla360Kadoken
  • Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Surreal. Immersive. Earth.Registered User regular


    This is going to be another series where I really wish that Arin would read the instructions that the game gives him.

    Game: Here's how to use the fishing rod.
    Arin: SKIPS.
    Arin, trying to fish: This game fucking sucks! What am I doing wrong!?
    Me: GAAAAH! :lol:

    Ah well. Having watched the Grumps for so long I've stopped expecting him to actually read tutorials at this point. It's just not how Arin plays games. :P
    Also they spend a while not managing to figure out how to retrieve the baby basket from the Monkey; when the other bit of grass patch they need to call the bird is RIGHT THERE, Arin just doesn't see it, even when stood right next to it. :lol:

    Skidzilla360.jpg | NH844lc.png | GACSALB.jpg My Blog | Gravatar | PSN | 72INGtl.jpg | HkSlskT.png
    Thawmus
  • ThawmusThawmus Registered User regular
    They've actually been looking at the controls here and there lately so I guess I just got hopeful.

    steam_sig.png
    Zilla360
  • AistanAistan Registered User regular
    edited April 29
    I mean he's not wrong in this case. Fishing with that rod is godawful even if you do know the controls.

    Also it took him like two minutes to figure out everything people are complaining about. Once again, I don't get it.

    Aistan on
    steam_sig.png
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Holy hell the subreddit is salty as fuck.

    KadokenThawmus
  • AistanAistan Registered User regular
    This is also an episode where they spend six minutes looking at a guy's face and making fun of it. If someone wants a flawless speedrun the grumps aren't really the best option.

    steam_sig.png
    MulletudeZilla360
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Holy hell the subreddit is salty as fuck.

    People sure have a lot opinions about Arin

    I don't understand how you can watch a channel everyday for years and still hate the guy who started it

    XB1/360 - Local H Jay
    PS4 - Local_H_Jay
    Sub me on Youtube
    And Twitch
    Kai_SanZilla360Thawmus
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Holy hell the subreddit is salty as fuck.

    People sure have a lot opinions about Arin

    I don't understand how you can watch a channel everyday for years and still hate the guy who started it

    Arin is a pretty good guy! I mean, sure, he's not the best at games. But he goes out of his way to help out the little guys (animators, VAs, etc) and that's really fucking cool of him.

    Local H JayAistanKai_SanZilla360KadokenKoopahTroopahJoolanderThawmusStormwatcherTubularLuggage
  • Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Yeah that is what kills me. People will just keep watching yet scream when the show keeps being the exact same thing it has always been. Like, don't you get it at this point?

    Zilla360KadokenJoolanderMulletude
  • darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    edited April 30
    Isn't that fishing part in the beginning of the game infamous for a lot of people not being able to figure out how it works?

    darunia106 on
    MYtio8V.jpg
    AistanKadoken
  • Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    Personally I don't know if I can watch this TP run because everything is flipped the wrong way.

  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Holy hell the subreddit is salty as fuck.

    People sure have a lot opinions about Arin

    I don't understand how you can watch a channel everyday for years and still hate the guy who started it

    Ignoring the concept of parasocial relationships and how problematic they are for a moment, I'm sure many people have a view of Arin where they often find him clever or funny and have no desire to stop watching the show because of it. However, he can also be stupid in a way that doesn't appear to be played up and that can be exasperating. Like when your mom forgets how to copy and paste for the 30th time in a month. But sometimes she does it effortlessly without saying a word? It makes the other times stand out even more.

    urahonkyStormwatcherThawmusZilla360
  • McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    As much as i hate "react to this" videos, I would absolutely love to watch an honest "Grumps react to sonic the hedgehog the movie trailer"

    steam_sig.png
    urahonkyZilla360Joolander
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    McMoogle wrote: »
    As much as i hate "react to this" videos, I would absolutely love to watch an honest "Grumps react to sonic the hedgehog the movie trailer"

    It'd be the same as the majority of people: "Oh what the fuck?"

    Dan would love it though. I can see him singing along to Gangsta's Paradise.

    McMoogleZilla360KoopahTroopah
  • StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Holy hell the subreddit is salty as fuck.

    People sure have a lot opinions about Arin

    I don't understand how you can watch a channel everyday for years and still hate the guy who started it

    Ignoring the concept of parasocial relationships and how problematic they are for a moment, I'm sure many people have a view of Arin where they often find him clever or funny and have no desire to stop watching the show because of it. However, he can also be stupid in a way that doesn't appear to be played up and that can be exasperating. Like when your mom forgets how to copy and paste for the 30th time in a month. But sometimes she does it effortlessly without saying a word? It makes the other times stand out even more.

    you're so great

    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • ThawmusThawmus Registered User regular
    I do not understand what Danny is apologizing for in that subreddit.

    Like, the thing he posted the day before was this, in response to requests to ensure TP gets a full run:
    Danny wrote:
    We would LOVE to do this whole series as episodes. We prefer long series because they are more chill, we can get into deeper discussions, and we don't have to constantly worry about finding new games to play. Youtube isn't the same place it used to be for gaming though, even from a year or two ago, so we unfortunately have to go by the realities that are imposed on us. If the views on this (or any longer) series stay in the 250k to 300k range, we will be more than happy to do the entire game in an episode format.

    What.

    A.

    Monster!

    steam_sig.png
    Zilla360
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Thawmus wrote: »
    I do not understand what Danny is apologizing for in that subreddit.

    Like, the thing he posted the day before was this, in response to requests to ensure TP gets a full run:
    Danny wrote:
    We would LOVE to do this whole series as episodes. We prefer long series because they are more chill, we can get into deeper discussions, and we don't have to constantly worry about finding new games to play. Youtube isn't the same place it used to be for gaming though, even from a year or two ago, so we unfortunately have to go by the realities that are imposed on us. If the views on this (or any longer) series stay in the 250k to 300k range, we will be more than happy to do the entire game in an episode format.

    What.

    A.

    Monster!

    He shouldn't be apologizing for anything. He's getting downvoted because people went back and found other videos that had less than those views and continued on. But the thing is... That means they kept playing it because they were enjoying it. Generally videos that dip below that range means they move on from it.

    But I do agree that they're obviously prioritizing streaming because they get a fuckton of donations from people and it's bringing in more money than just regular views alone.

    Zilla360
  • ThawmusThawmus Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Thawmus wrote: »
    I do not understand what Danny is apologizing for in that subreddit.

    Like, the thing he posted the day before was this, in response to requests to ensure TP gets a full run:
    Danny wrote:
    We would LOVE to do this whole series as episodes. We prefer long series because they are more chill, we can get into deeper discussions, and we don't have to constantly worry about finding new games to play. Youtube isn't the same place it used to be for gaming though, even from a year or two ago, so we unfortunately have to go by the realities that are imposed on us. If the views on this (or any longer) series stay in the 250k to 300k range, we will be more than happy to do the entire game in an episode format.

    What.

    A.

    Monster!

    He shouldn't be apologizing for anything. He's getting downvoted because people went back and found other videos that had less than those views and continued on. But the thing is... That means they kept playing it because they were enjoying it. Generally videos that dip below that range means they move on from it.

    But I do agree that they're obviously prioritizing streaming because they get a fuckton of donations from people and it's bringing in more money than just regular views alone.

    Well, and I'm sure they do a bit of juggling between videos that they're enjoying and videos that are getting a lot of views to keep the bills paid. At some point that juggling requires you drop something to pick something else up.

    steam_sig.png
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    I feel like they should just start a Patreon and get out of the Youtube algorithm race.

    Zilla360EmperorSethGONG-00PMAversJoolander
  • KadokenKadoken One batch, two batch, poyo and hIIIIII Registered User regular
    Why don't they just have a patreon and ignore the algorithm?

    I am going to shoot this mystery with my pistol of deduction -Sherlock Holmes (Scott Benson)
    Mine TTRPG blog http://darkheresychainsofmalice.blogspot.com/
  • ThawmusThawmus Registered User regular
    I'm not sure that a Patreon would actually support them. Patreon sounds like a good idea but it doesn't feed their 6-8 mouths and cover the costs of production. Plus if you watch their streams for a few minutes and see the money people are putting down just to say "Hi Arin!" and have it pop up, I don't think Patreon donations could even come close to that.

    I could be wrong! I just see a lot of massively popular podcasts try and rely upon Patreon to pay the bills, only to see $800-$1,300/month coming in, and that pretty much just covers production, it doesn't actually put food on the table. Maybe the Grumps fanbase would be different.

    steam_sig.png
    shoeboxjeddyZilla360
  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Thawmus wrote: »
    I'm not sure that a Patreon would actually support them. Patreon sounds like a good idea but it doesn't feed their 6-8 mouths and cover the costs of production. Plus if you watch their streams for a few minutes and see the money people are putting down just to say "Hi Arin!" and have it pop up, I don't think Patreon donations could even come close to that.

    I could be wrong! I just see a lot of massively popular podcasts try and rely upon Patreon to pay the bills, only to see $800-$1,300/month coming in, and that pretty much just covers production, it doesn't actually put food on the table. Maybe the Grumps fanbase would be different.

    Yeah Patreon seems to be (for most creators) enough to support the creator and maybe a support hire (editor?). Dunno if Grumps is too big for that at this point.

    Zilla360
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Woah I don't remember the models for TP being this sharp... What version are they playing?

  • AistanAistan Registered User regular
    WiiU I think? There wasn't a selection menu when he equipped the fishing pole so I assume it was down on the tablet.

    steam_sig.png
    ThawmusZilla360
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Going ad free worked for PA. They too employ a decent number of people (certainly more than GG) and put on multiple conventions each year.

    That said, the Grumps wouldn't have to stop streaming or even necessarily go ad free IMHO. Patreon could give them a nice enough cushion that they could potentially go back to less "GAH CLICKBAIT" style video titles and long form more games.

    But trying to chase an unknowable, ever changing algorithm seems like a Fool's Errand to me.

    Zilla360Thawmusurahonky
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    WiiU I think? There wasn't a selection menu when he equipped the fishing pole so I assume it was down on the tablet.

    Man I played it on the WiiU and don't remember it being so crisp. But it's been a while so...

  • ThawmusThawmus Registered User regular
    Their TP run is actually making me very sad that I got rid of my Wii, and never finished my TP run. That was a fun game.

    steam_sig.png
  • AistanAistan Registered User regular
    I liked Twilight Princess a lot but it was also the game where I started getting annoyed in earnest that Link doesn't talk ever. At least in TP though he just seems like he's mute instead of having no mind or personality of his own, that comes later.

    steam_sig.png
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    This American Ninja Warrior video is really selling me on the game lol. It kinda reminds me of Monster Rancher (without the generating a monster thing).

  • ThawmusThawmus Registered User regular
    Goddammit I loved Monster Rancher, and borrowing all of my friends music CD's to generate monsters.

    What a fun mechanic.

    steam_sig.png
    urahonkyExtreaminatusBloodySloth
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    The internet was a mistake

    Nintendo Switch FC: SW-5618-5257-5789 | Amazon Smile List
    McMoogleThawmusZilla360darunia106StormwatcherKoopahTroopahBloodySloth
  • Brutal JBrutal J Sorry! Sorry, I'm sorry. Sorry. Registered User regular
    Personally I don't know if I can watch this TP run because everything is not flipped the wrong way.

    Fixed.

    I didn't know there was a sonic trailer... I was better off not knowing, yikes.

Sign In or Register to comment.