Options

This is Larry the Cable Guy saying watch [Game Grumps] and CoNSumE PriLOsEc

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    It took me a couple of days, but when Danny brought up Silent Night, Deadly Night 2, and the "GARBAGE DAY" line, I was wracking my head for where I heard that before, because I've never seen the movie.

Finally remembered, it's Peacock from Skullgirls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9ZUzexBLzM

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular

I'm gonna miss his ironic (?) retweets of the Smash Mouth Twitter account.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Brian was a treasure on social media, may he rest well

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Try to watch without laughing or grinning featuring Dan...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFC2IX1-4qs

My gut says he stands no chance.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aXLyZIfDAE
    Just a super-chill unstoppable terminator

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    The Sugar Crisp Mario Maker episode is one of their best in a while. They have been reusing a lot of jokes in Majora's Mask, although MM is also not as spread out with good content as Ocarina was. It was nice to see something newish.

e: also looking at that Ross level it looks like one of the more fair ones I've seen on their run through Mario Maker. It's a big puzzle level.

Kadoken on
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    The one issue is the Chain chomps, who are effectively random in when they strike.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    BlueBlue wrote: »

His nonchalant tone and expression is really what makes it MUCH more uncomfortable. He just bends steel bars and then shatters a brick wall without even opening his eyes all the way.

Meanwhile, I'm catching up on Majora's Mask. Episode 58, Arin is already on the night of 2nd day, hasn't gotten super far into the Stone Tower Temple. *Plays the song to skip the second night entirely*

Holy shit... let me guess, it'll be the game's fault when he runs out of time.

• Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    Dude that temple looks like ass anyway. Like I feel like MM was part of my formative years and I remember nothing of it.

• Options
    effectively they're doing a low-hearts challenge run

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    Kadoken wrote: »
    Dude that temple looks like ass anyway. Like I feel like MM was part of my formative years and I remember nothing of it.

In the SNES Zelda (the one Arin likes), you had ONE button for items. N64 has 3. I honestly don't think hitting pause a bunch is that bad. Yes, they could have done a skip for the effects of that song, but maybe the N64 tech needed those effects to process what was happening? It's like becoming furious at a loading screen despite it being completely necessary for the game to work.

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Wuh? I don’t understand what you’re saying. I’m saying this temple looks really boring and has few memorable or good bits. They keep recycling the same boss. The only interesting thing I’ve seen in this thing is the shadow mr boogie oogie reaper

Kadoken on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Yeah I'm seeing a disconnect in what each of you are talking about.

• Options
    I don't think he meant to hit quote on that post, but maybe the one above

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    I was wondering why that Sugar Crisp commercial was linked and now I'm watching today's Mario Maker, ffs Dan and Arin.

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Kadoken wrote: »
    Wuh? I don’t understand what you’re saying. I’m saying this temple looks really boring and has few memorable or good bits. They keep recycling the same boss. The only interesting thing I’ve seen in this thing is the shadow mr boogie oogie reaper

I'm not caught up completely. Right now, the tedium is in switching items and songs. Perhaps you're talking about a different part. Definitely they reused mini-bosses too much, that's a function of super brief dev times though.

Edit: Okay, caught up. Arin is frustrated because he's doing like a 10% run. Which he certainly could do if he'd prep fairies in all his bottles or something. But he does zero prep and has made no effort to make things easier on himself. Then he cries it's too hard. It's too hard because you're 75% done and you have the health bar of someone at the 25% mark!

shoeboxjeddy on
  • Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    Mario Maker has some strong moments already. Weirdly political Sugar Crisps mascot and "GO BYE BYE!" are the two that stand out to me.

Also, Stone Tower Temple's the best Zelda dungeon.

• Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    The weird thing about Zelda dungeons is there seems to be some wild swings in opinions on the best/worst dungeons. I did a quick Google search and found several dungeons on both best and worst lists. Stone Temple, the Sky City from Twilight Princess, hell, I even saw the infamous Ocarina Water temple on a best of list. One of the few I consistently saw on "best of" lists was the Ancient Cistern, despite it being both a water dungeon and a Skyward Sword dungeon. Oddly, you don't seem to see the old games, like the original and Link to the Past, on many lists either.

That said, Stone Temple and Sky City are among my favorites. I think I enjoy dungeons with an innovative concept and an interesting physicality to it.

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    The aesthetic of Ancient Cistern carries it very far. And the fact that it's only partially a water temple.

• Options
    BlueBlue wrote: »

His nonchalant tone and expression is really what makes it MUCH more uncomfortable. He just bends steel bars and then shatters a brick wall without even opening his eyes all the way.

I do like how Granny doesn’t really give a shit either - it’s just cereal after all, it’s not really important to her or part of her character

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    The high points of Stone Tower are that it makes you use all 3 transformation masks since you have to have them by this point, the flipping upside down is a strong puzzle design, and the boss is excitingly unique.

The downside is that moving around can be painful if you need to retrace your steps.

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    In the adventures of finding old gems of Grump episodes

I saw the Smash bros one where Ross and Barry set up 6 people from the office as Mii characters and let them go at it. The end of that 6 person fight was glorious. I won't spoil it but if you haven't seen that one yet, go do so.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    The downside is that moving around can be painful if you need to retrace your steps.

Fucking stray fairies.

• Options
    "Getting kicked in the nuts was my childhood."

Guys I don't think Majora's Mask is coming back for a while.

• Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    Aw man, Gomess (That grim reaper boss) is what I think the best boss in that game, he's actually hard and doesn't have the flaw that Arin points out in sequelitis about "Just waiting". I was looking forward to him fighting Gomess and enjoying the fight, but he's just brute forcing his way and not paying attention and he's gone into that unfun rant.

• Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17fw6p7Z1WU

"I'm glad they're having a conversation."

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    I love these new videos!

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Who are Megan and Stella? Dream Daddy team?

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Power Hour continues to deliver! I've enjoyed those videos way more than the regular grump vids lately too.

I just love that silly absurdist humor.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Power Hour continues to deliver! I've enjoyed those videos way more than the regular grump vids lately too.

I just love that silly absurdist humor.

ASBESTOS HEAVEN

• Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    Here we go. SMM is really starting to heat up now.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Aw I was hoping the new videos were posted.

• Options
    "I LET OUT AN EXCITEMENT FART"

• Options
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Joolander wrote: »

I will never ever get tired of Danny's laughter.

It's just such a joyful laugh.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    That was one of the funniest moments in that game, hands-down. When Arin closed the door though it was just... perfection.

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
This discussion has been closed.