Options

Webcomics, A retrospective

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    holy guacamole

how is that going to work in print? a fold-out insert page? oh god it's also only part 1 there's a whole second half to this spread

Now tap the full size link.

yeah I remembered to do that from the last time he did a huge spread, but that still fit on a normal 2 page format

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    I can't wait until I can look at that image on a monitor with a high enough resolution to appreciate it

As is, it is already gorgeous

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    It's the where's Waldo of fights

• Options
    Quantum TigerQuantum Tiger Registered User regular
    I don't think I'm the target audience for that page and I feel bad because of how much work he put into it. Maybe it will click with me when it is completed.

I did like how it sort of looks like the Mammon's eyes are doing ^_^ which makes me think he is thrilled to have all these new guests over for tea and a chat

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    I like how he's captured the japanese/chinese battle-scene art feeling of the thing.
    You know. This kind of stuff.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    yes he very much nailed the feeling of those sorts of classical depictions of battles

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Also:
    Abaddon wrote:
    “Yemmod, storm-crowned, came to Lam, the Blue City
    His men were like flies upon the earth and over the earth. They set upon the land a terrible blaze. The heat of the flames consumed the land about licked the top of the great walls around that place, and there was much wailing.

Yemmod said, “For every man of age to fight, hack off his right hand,” and it was done. “And his sons too,” and it was done. Then the hands were set in a pile, like pale driftwood, and the people could see his cruelty. The shrine of the Goddess was burned and its idols defiled and smeared with filth and excrement. The angels of the shrine were driven back and abandoned their sanctuaries.

An angel came to Umman Ap, who was king of that place. “See the defiler Yemmod,” said the angel. “He stacks the bodies of the people of this city like the autumn harvest. He provokes your power. Ride forth and drive him from this holy place.”

“I cannot harm Yemmod,” said Umman, blue-eyed. “He has consumed the hearts of many of my kin and is swollen with their star magic.” This was true, but the angel was enraged nevertheless. His kind lashed together steeds of fire and clay and abandoned the city to its fate. Umman had expected this. He gathered the remaining people inside the walls of the Blue City, which had never been breached.

The others were on fire, for it was a time of war. The yellow city had recently been consumed by great gales and fell into the void. This was the time.

At last Yemmod rode to the gates of Lam. He had a spear three times the length of a man and its point could burst through shields like matchwood. It never missed its mark. It was called Amija, or heart-piercer.

Yemmod said “Open the gates, and grant me passage.” But the gates did not open.

“Open the gates, lest I make the dead to outnumber the living.” But the gates did not grant him passage.

Yemmod called for star fire and smote the gates with one blow into ten thousand pieces. This was the way of things.

There was one way the city could be saved, so Umman sent for him. The sword-saint Intra was there. But when the men of the Blue City found him, he was very drunk.”

– The Song of Maybe

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    holy guacamole

how is that going to work in print? a fold-out insert page? oh god it's also only part 1 there's a whole second half to this spread
    From now on, all K6BD books will be fold out books, and only fold out books.

M6sPvdk.jpg

Sorry about the crap picture. But if you get the chance, you should absolutely read Joe Sacco's The Great War. The entire book is a fold out. And while Joe is a comic book artist, there's no panels. It's one huge drawing of WW1 stretchin from the front lines to the camps in the back.

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Should my ex wife establish contact again, i know what to send her.

• Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    B8Vo9Ca.png
    Questionable content has updated. I would not visit this page at work, but you might? I don't know what your work is like.
    sexual.fish

• Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
  • Options
    avpncb1i8x0g.png
    Latchkey Kingdom still at the con

• Options
    jamsyjamsy Somewhere in AsiaRegistered User regular
    I did like how it sort of looks like the Mammon's eyes are doing ^_^ which makes me think he is thrilled to have all these new guests over for tea and a chat

While doing the PRAYER KAMEHAMEHA

Currently playing Brave Frontier & THE ALCHEMIST CODE - woop!
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Couple neat things on that page now that I've had a chance to look at it more in depth-
    -Each accountant monk battalion seems to have a unique leader guy, including multiple giant spider-slug riders,several who seem to be using those incense smoke things as giant maces, and one that seems to be delivering a lengthy sermon from atop a podium / palanquin
    -One battalion looks to be a buncha zombies with baskets on their heads, another is either carrying another dragon or a small statue of Mammon
    -The criminal/bounty hunter guys don't seem to be faring so well against overwhelming numbers

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Imagine the racket all those chainsaw polearms are making

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    I am really looking forward to Latchkey finishing up the con storyline, because I just find it incredibly dull.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    see klemming's post

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Actual QC question

So they have had multiple robots complain that they are not equipped for sexy times

So why is the high tech military bot?

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Actual QC question

So they have had multiple robots complain that they are not equipped for sexy times

Presumably she paid for those features using her military salary or something similar

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Actual QC question

Because your tax dollars had to go somewhere

Brainleech on
  • Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    It's a machine. You can make components. Now is she an innie or an outtie, well..

Either way, I hope we don't see any unnecessary drama with these two or Claire and Marten. QC should be a happy place.

• Options
    b8158ddrzj52.png
    The Sword Interval with filler

• Options
    LabelLabel Registered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    *snip*
    Questionable content has updated. I would not visit this page at work, but you might? I don't know what your work is like.
    sexual.fish

GET

IT!

• Options
    WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    So

Marten is happy with Claire
    Marten's mom is happy with Dora's... Business partner/landlord?
    Dora is happy with Tai
    Hannelore is off to an adventure of self-discovery
    Marigold is with Dale
    Emily keeps on keeping on
    Faye and Bubbles just... resolved their plot

That leaves nerd-Cable and Brun and/or maybe Mr. Nicebeef.

Is QC ending?

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Robot Cop will resolve her toast issues and hook up with Pintsize.

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    RoyceSraphim was warned for this.
    Sfw rehosting of Alfie so you people can understand.

Everyone except guide, the prude, and the tree have fucked in chapters past.

Tube on
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Sfw rehosting of Alfie so you people can understand.

Everyone except guide, the prude, and the tree have fucked in chapters past.

You can't just steal someone's work dude

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
  • Options
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Actual QC question

who says she's equipped for sexy times

they spooned and made out

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
This discussion has been closed.