As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Scythe PbF: (Post WWI Terra Mytica)

• Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Board
    (should be 2 metal on Crimea mountain)
    YJvKl3nl.png
    (full size)
    https://i.imgur.com/YJvKl3n.png

Discrider- Rusviet Union
    mindflare77- Crimea Khanate
    Preda- Saxon Empire
    AustinP0027- Republic of Polania
    Brody- Nordic Kingdoms

(bold for Saxon, italics for Polania)

Didn't do the player mats as nothing really changed on them (except that it now costs Rusviet 1 power to do the produce action). The last Crimea action was done as I was updating, will catch it in the next update (should be 2 more metal on Crimea mountain than shown).

MrBody on
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    For those who haven't seen it
    This had me in tears.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    @Preda I guess you can continue to submit orders here now instead of in the Phalla :P

• Options
    PredaPreda Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Move action. Move Gunther to tundra and tundra worker to village. Than pay my 2 oil to do an upgrade. Gain 1 gold than upgarde Move action (extra move) and reduce cost of deploying mech.

@AustinP0027

Preda on
  • Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Produce: 1 Lumber, 1 Worker

@Brody

• Options
    Wow. I’m just now realizing that everyone’s top and bottom action pairings don’t match.

That plus Preda already taking a bottom row action probably doesn’t bode well for me this game...

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Produce 2 oil

@discrider

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Also, does the move upgrade mean an extra unit moving or an extra space?

• Options
    Now I can move 3 units once. The only thing that let you move extra spaces is the 4th mech ability and the bottom action on the factory cards.

• Options
    mindflare77mindflare77 OhioRegistered User regular
    Also, does the move upgrade mean an extra unit moving or an extra space?

On that note... Is movement "move two units one space each" or "move two spaces total, split among your units" (that is, moving one unit 2 spaces vs two units 1 space)? I'd assume the former, but like to be sure.

8BFpSWC.png

PSN/Steam: mindflare77
  • Options
    There isn't a mat without workers on, so I'll give a little pro tip . Production is efficient on odd numbers. Producing with 3 workers cost the same as producing with 2 (nothing). Producing with 5 cost the same as producing with 4 (1 power). Producing with 7 cost the same as producing with 6 (1power and 1 popularity). The 8th worker should only be taken for the star at end game (adds 1 gold to the cost). It's also smart to choose early at what level you intend to produce and build up your work force at that level as soon as possible.

• Options
    edited March 2018
    The move action specifically state different pieces. The 4th mech ability let you move an extra space all your plastic pieces (hero and mech) every time you move them. The bottom action on the factory cards let you move a single piece 2 spaces (3 if it's mech or hero and you have the 4th mech ability).

Preda on
  • Options
    If you leave a hex with resources and move everyone off of it, you can no longer access those resources, correct?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    Correct. You own only the resources on the territories you control. If you leave resources unattended they become property of the first person to enter the territory they are in. If you attack a territory with someone else resources and conquer it, they become your resources.

• Options
    Oh wait, but workers can carry a resource, yes?

• Options
    edited March 2018
    They can when you move. Mech could carry them too, only the hero can't. But not when you have been defeated and move back to homeland...

Preda on
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Preda wrote: »
    They can when you move. Mech could carry them too, only the hero can't. But not when you have been defeated and move back to homeland...

Anything can carry any number of resources.

Page 31 of rulebook:

"RESOURCES:All units—characters, mechs, & workers—can carry
    around resources (any number)."

MrBody on
  • Options
    Brody wrote: »
    If you leave a hex with resources and move everyone off of it, you can no longer access those resources, correct?

You can spend resources on any territory you control.

You control a space if you have units OR a structure there. I.e. you control a territory if you have a structure but no units (but not if enemy units are on a territory with your structure). The mill is the only exception and does not give you control by itself.

Any units can move any number of resources with them. If they carry resources into an attack, they drop all resources on that space if they lose the battle.

• Options
    edited March 2018
    There isn't a mat without workers on, so I'll give a little pro tip . Production is efficient on odd numbers. Producing with 3 workers cost the same as producing with 2 (nothing). Producing with 5 cost the same as producing with 4 (1 power). Producing with 7 cost the same as producing with 6 (1power and 1 popularity). The 8th worker should only be taken for the star at end game (adds 1 gold to the cost). It's also smart to choose early at what level you intend to produce and build up your work force at that level as soon as possible.

The OP has a sample mat with no pieces on it under the "Turn" section. You start with 2 workers on the board, and 6 on the spaces at the top of the Produce section. You can see another cost come up every 2nd worker recruited from your mat and onto the board.

MrBody on
  • Options
    MrBody wrote: »

The OP has a sample mat with no pieces on it under the "Turn" section. You start with 2 workers on the board, and 6 on the spaces at the top of the Produce section. You can see another cost come up every 2nd worker recruited from your mat and onto the board.

Yeah, I think Preda was just trying to articulate an efficiency concern for those of us who haven't played before.

• Options
    He claimed there wasn't a picture of a mat without workers up, obviously moving to set up a coup to undermine and overthrow me.

• Options
    Trade: Pay 1 coin, Place a Steel and like a Food or something on my mountain

• Options
    edited March 2018
    Brody wrote: »

You can spend resources on any territory you control.

You control a space if you have units OR a structure there. I.e. you control a territory if you have a structure but no units (but not if enemy units are on a territory with your structure). The mill is the only exception and does not give you control by itself.

Any units can move any number of resources with them. If they carry resources into an attack, they drop all resources on that space if they lose the battle.

The mill isn't an exception with regards to control...
    The mill is an exception in that you can't use it if you don't have control of it.

@mindflare77

discrider on
  • Options
    ooooOOOOOOoooooOOOOOOoooo

Sorry for the inactivity, but the week end was bad, and daylightsaving time change hit Europe and I arrived just late for closing sunday, Yestarday there was no more hope, so I dind't post.

OOOOooooooOOOOOooooooOOOOoooooo

Disregard Phalla: Play more Scythe

• Options
    He claimed there wasn't a picture of a mat without workers up, obviously moving to set up a coup to undermine and overthrow me.

Damn, and I thought my objective cards were going to be hard to reach. Preda got the pro level ones.

• Options
    Trade. Pay 1 gold, receive two Metal. Then take bottom action to pay 4 metal and deploy Riverwalk mech.

Net change: -1 gold, -2 metal, +1 Riverwalking mech.

@Preda

8BFpSWC.png

• Options
    These people and their good producing Deploy Mech options :shakes fist:

• Options
    Seriously!

I don't even HAVE metal in my starting area. It's a minimum of 3 turns to even have enough, so min 4 turns to build a mech.

• Options
    Seriously!

I don't even HAVE metal in my starting area. It's a minimum of 3 turns to even have enough, so min 4 turns to build a mech.

I'm not actually upset; I think I've set myself up as well as I could.
    But I also thought I'd be first out with my mech next turn.
    Barring encounters.

With Crimea's actions I guess you could get a Mech out in two turns if you wanted to pay 2 for two trades.

• Options
    edited March 2018
    Seriously!

Well, 3-4 actions is the average. It is possible with 2, but only Rusviet and Crimea can pull it off with the right mat.

You also don't need a mech to get across the river. You can use wood to build a mine.

Also Polania's special of getting 2 bonuses from encounter tokens can be a pretty big deal. That can easily net you a mech from just the first token in your starting area. It is possible for them to get a mech in 3 actions that way.

MrBody on
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm kind of hinging my strategy based on what this first encounter gets me my next turn.

Based on what it does, that'll define how I move forward. I was expecting others to get mech's before me, but still surprised to see a turn 2 mech, I guess.

• Options
    So, I'm curious. How many turns, roughly, should we expect for a game?

8BFpSWC.png

• Options
    edited March 2018
    Board
    o5mvHMbl.png
    full size

Mats
    KxOFFie.png
    VT7btOt.png
    seTClcu.png
    7LdQ3F0.png
    7fVyp6i.png

I'm putting combat cards right below each player's mat. You can just barely see the tops of them touching the bottom of the mat. For some reason they kept going crazy and glitching when I tried putting them on Polania's board, so I'm just going with MS Paint yellow rectangles on the bottom of that mat.

Discrider- Rusviet Union
    mindflare77- Crimea Khanate
    Preda- Saxon Empire
    AustinP0027- Republic of Polania
    Brody- Nordic Kingdoms

@Preda

MrBody on
  • Options
    SaurfangSaurfang Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    So, I'm curious. How many turns, roughly, should we expect for a game?

I feel like my games have usually ended before my 30th action. I'm not sure how accurate that is.

Saurfang on
  • Options
    Online reading suggests somewhere around 20-22 is average

• Options
    IGNORE PHALLA: PLAY MORE SCYTHE >>>> @Brody <<<<

• Options
    edited March 2018
    That is, after Predas turn and so on of course

*Cough*

(Sorry, a little someone in my throat)

discrider on
  • Options
    Don’t be trying to skip me.

I actually get to take an exciting action on my turn instead of staring at my board trying to figure out how many more turns till I can actually do most of those bottom actions.

• Options
    edited March 2018
    Produce 1 metal and 1 worker.
    Seriously!

I've won with Polania without EVER building a Mech (but not with your mat, that would be suicide)... Polania problem is oil not metal.

@AustinP0027

Preda on
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    @MrBody I should no longer have the oil, I've spent it to upgrade.

Preda on