Options

[Nintendo] Switch - Everyone is Here!

196979899100102»

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    bought Steamworld Dig 2 (physical copy!) and can't wait to get started!

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I remember back when gold and silver first came out resting an interview with one of the main pokemon guys who was saying that one of the things he wanted in the future was for every pokemon to be visually unique

It's kinda nuts to me that all these years later that idea still hasn't been realized at all outside of one Pokemons gimmick

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I remember back when gold and silver first came out resting an interview with one of the main pokemon guys who was saying that one of the things he wanted in the future was for every pokemon to be visually unique

It's kinda nuts to me that all these years later that idea still hasn't been realized at all outside of one Pokemons gimmick

Sprites and 3D models take a long-ass time to make and they gotta put out new games every year for some dang reason

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular

Sprites and 3D models take a long-ass time to make and they gotta put out new games every year for some dang reason

The move to 3D actually makes it seem a lot more achievable to me

It's relatively trivial to scale a model up or down by a few notches. It's more involved to say, write a script that tweaks textures algorithmically, but it's certainly doable

I don't think it needs to be anything more than like, oh huh this Pikachu is a little bigger than that one, and this one has a darker coat of fur

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Heck, make the traits dominant and recessive and pass down through punnett squares and use it as an opportunity to teach kids the basics of genetics

Damnit, my alolan Dugtrio keeps yelling about how it got all the inferior, recessive genes.

turtleant on
    X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

The move to 3D actually makes it seem a lot more achievable to me

It's relatively trivial to scale a model up or down by a few notches. It's more involved to say, write a script that tweaks textures algorithmically, but it's certainly doable

I don't think it needs to be anything more than like, oh huh this Pikachu is a little bigger than that one, and this one has a darker coat of fur

I think they actually did start playing with that in Gen VII with the totem Pokemon (you can even get a few giant-sized Pokemon in the Ultras), but they're probably held back by the 3DS hardware more than anything at this point. Perhaps the Switch will be the proving grounds where these ideas finally come to light

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    What speed is describing would not be hardware-intensive at all, in my expert opinion as an unqualified layman.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    I am all about games revolving around breeding and evolution. They are shockingly uncommon to me.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    I am all about games revolving around breeding and evolution. They are shockingly uncommon to me.

Jade Cocoon was a gem on PS1 about this.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    oh shiiiiit, mega man x legacy collection is out tomorrow

I read that the 2d games have lots of slowdown on the Switch version (but not the 3d games). Has anyone tried them yet?

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    oh shiiiiit, mega man x legacy collection is out tomorrow

I read that the 2d games have lots of slowdown on the Switch version (but not the 3d games). Has anyone tried them yet?

Yeah I'm gonna hold off until there's some more hands on impressions about it

MMLC already has some issues (for me, I only get good responsiveness in handheld mode, even with game mode on the tv/receiver there's a noticeable delay in actions with docked)

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    Melding wrote: »
    i would play a breeding simulator. but if i don't have to catch the things to breed it is kind of a pointless experience.

And I just remembered how long it has been since I played Tokyo Jungle.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    New thread time

geth close the thread

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Tube. Closing thread...

This discussion has been closed.