As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [Ready Player One] Quarantine Thread

1181920212224»

Posts

  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Yeah guys I agree anime is super important we should have a thread why don't one of you make one?

    In all seriousness? Not allowed.

  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    What would Japanese know about living in Japan

    I feel like the answer to this question is probably “mostly everything”


    but I’m no doctor.

  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    We have two DBZ threads

    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Yeah guys I agree anime is super important we should have a thread why don't one of you make one?

    In all seriousness? Not allowed.

    How are we supposed to haze new people if we can’t trick them into making anime threads.

    Inquisitor77RingotynicZonugalBucketmanRaijin QuickfootAndy JoeEdith UpwardsGvzbgul
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    We have two DBZ threads

    They don't actually exist

  • Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Yeah guys I agree anime is super important we should have a thread why don't one of you make one?

    In all seriousness? Not allowed.

    How are we supposed to haze new people if we can’t trick them into making anime threads.

    The joke is ruined! Ruined I say!

    sarukunGreentynicDisruptedCapitalistZonugalBucketmanAndy Joe
  • WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    I'm just pleasantly surprised the Dragonball Super thread went as far as it did without any major incident. It only takes one baka hentai gaijin to ruin... Subete...

    Sorry I passed out a bit. What were we talking about?

  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    What would Japanese know about living in Japan

    I feel like the answer to this question is probably “mostly everything”


    but I’m no doctor.

    Pfft, look at the big brain on Dr. Anime over here

    Ringo
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Opty wrote: »
    sarukun wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    What would Japanese know about living in Japan

    I feel like the answer to this question is probably “mostly everything”


    but I’m no doctor.

    Pfft, look at the big brain on Dr. Anime over here

    I AM NOT A DOCTOR.

    I’M ONLY 5 YEARS OLD.

    PLEASE GO AWAY.

    I HAVE TO DO CHORES.

    UnbrokenEvaFencingsaxMagellMadicandarunia106Andy Joe
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »

    This is a good video and a great idea for a t-shirt

    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
    discriderStiltswebguy20
  • darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    Opty wrote: »
    sarukun wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    What would Japanese know about living in Japan

    I feel like the answer to this question is probably “mostly everything”


    but I’m no doctor.

    Pfft, look at the big brain on Dr. Anime over here

    I AM NOT A DOCTOR.

    I’M ONLY 5 YEARS OLD.

    PLEASE GO AWAY.

    I HAVE TO DO CHORES.

    A rooster waddles up to you ear and whispers: "I'm going to kill you."

    pHWHd2G.jpg
    sarukun
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »

    She does a good job of explaining why Halliday is a monster there. He's pretty much the geek stereotype, in all its negative form, rendered flesh, and the book really never interrogates that.

    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
    Commander ZoomStiltsdiscriderCantideOlivawsarukunSleepMagellDoobhN1tSt4lkerRaijin QuickfootToxEdith Upwards
  • cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »

    She does a good job of explaining why Halliday is a monster there. He's pretty much the geek stereotype, in all its negative form, rendered flesh, and the book really never interrogates that.

    I think the end of the video is really great and not something I had heard about the book/movie before, and it's wild that it's in there and that no one took a step back and said "wait...are we owning ourselves in this scene?"

    Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    We have two DBZ threads

    They don't actually exist

    i'm completely convinced we'll all get banned from posting in that thread still

  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    We have two DBZ threads

    They don't actually exist

    i'm completely convinced we'll all get banned from posting in that thread still

    Somebody will wish you back

    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    replacewythyWhiteZinfandelsarukunAndy JoeOlivaw
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    cursedking wrote: »
    Stilts wrote: »

    She does a good job of explaining why Halliday is a monster there. He's pretty much the geek stereotype, in all its negative form, rendered flesh, and the book really never interrogates that.

    I think the end of the video is really great and not something I had heard about the book/movie before, and it's wild that it's in there and that no one took a step back and said "wait...are we owning ourselves in this scene?"

    It is a good point; although I was also quite annoyed when the protagonists started helping each other through the challenges as well.
    If referring to walkthroughs is cheating, then a difference of scale doesn't really matter.
    If they are not, then who cares that IOI does it?

    discrider on
    N1tSt4lker
  • Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Yeah the fact of the matter is that the book has so much problematic material that it's a wonder the movie was able to overcome or sidestep so many of them. It's a testament to Spielberg's skill that a lot of these questions don't even come up to most viewers.

    discriderCommander ZoomAndy JoeOlivaw
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    :/
    Considering Cline is both Wade and Halliday, and an Easter Egg hunt was used to promote the book, I'm betting there's a hunt buried in the movie too.

  • NyysjanNyysjan FinlandRegistered User regular
    Yeah the fact of the matter is that the book has so much problematic material that it's a wonder the movie was able to overcome or sidestep so many of them. It's a testament to Spielberg's skill that a lot of these questions don't even come up to most viewers.
    I think people are have a tendency to not think about problematic things in the media they consume.
    You have to be pretty in your face obvious to make most people think about social issues in movies or games.

    DisruptedCapitalistCouscousAndy JoeMagellFencingsax
  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Was this posted yet?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQaH3lh-CA4
    It's based more on the book than the movie, but they did a great job.

  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    What did everyone think of Gamer?

    I think I liked it? But I honestly can’t remember. They somehow managed to give Michael C. Hall a role even creepier than his sociopathic serial killer of Dexter.

    I only bring it up because a few descriptions on this and the last page (of RPO) reminded me of Gamer, too.

    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    Gamer is weird

    Commander ZoomDrez
Sign In or Register to comment.