As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] The Sacrifice is here!

• Options
    EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular
    They really could make things a bit more clear. Having to google how to dismount an archwing on cetus feels a bit much.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    They really could make things a bit more clear. Having to google how to dismount an archwing on cetus feels a bit much.
    I found out by accident during a quest that you can use it to dive into water during missions. But you can't surface just anywhere. It was frustrating as shit.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular

You mean other than being shot down as soon as an enemy so much as looks at you?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »

You mean other than being shot down as soon as an enemy so much as looks at you?

If only it had worked like that for me, I was zooming around an eidolan like an idiot trying to work google and not fly off to no where.

Apparently the quick melee button does the trick for anyone wondering. Although it also flipped the camera over to my frames other shoulder and zoomed in. Which was fixed by pressing "H"

• Options
    kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    Someone asked me in game if I had a full set of standard mods.

I think I do? I mean I have a lot of mods, but I'm not sure what's the full set of standard mods are.

That was me, if you respond in chat, or pay attention to the alliance chat tab, you can get help and group with the folks here. The chat in warframe isn't great, you have to keep brining it up manually etc. kindof a pain but it can be helpful to keep it up.

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Can sorties give you Rivens above your Mastery Rank? I have yet to see anything besides Endo and Sculptures, and I expect my luck is just poor, but wanted some logic and reason to the randomness.

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Everything I'm learning about Warframe's lore is delightfully bizarre.

It actually reminds me of a setting like Dune, in which technology and society have advanced to a state that is no longer recognizable to those of past times.

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Can sorties give you Rivens above your Mastery Rank? I have yet to see anything besides Endo and Sculptures, and I expect my luck is just poor, but wanted some logic and reason to the randomness.

Yeah, most that I've gotten have been MR15-18 and I think I was MR13 when they dropped. I presume Riven MR is determined by the weapon it's for. (I'm also not sure if the Riven is determined when you get it from the Sortie or is rolled when you unveil it.)

metaghost on
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    Thanks @kralizecc for the mods!

• Options
    kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    Thanks @kralizecc for the mods!

No problemo! let me know when you get more credits, I have a lot more mods, just basic stuff, to pass on.

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod

It actually reminds me of a setting like Dune, in which technology and society have advanced to a state that is no longer recognizable to those of past times.

It's a bit Dark Souls-style lore as well, handed out in tiny parcels on item descriptions and short stories. Check the frames in the codex for some stuff.

Also thing I discovered by accident: hunt down a special point on the cephalon unlocks for more story.

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Something I would like to see them add (but doubt they will) are earlish story missions that flesh out out some of the narrative beats that apparently happened during temporary events years ago.

Like, Captain Vor (the dude from the Tutorial, and boss of Mercury) becomes some kinda of immortal interdimensional being after acquiring something called The Janus Key? But I only know that because he shows up in the Void and rambles for 20 minutes, which caused me to look him up on the wiki.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »
    Something I would like to see them add (but doubt they will) are earlish story missions that flesh out out some of the narrative beats that apparently happened during temporary events years ago.

Like, Captain Vor (the dude from the Tutorial, and boss of Mercury) becomes some kinda of immortal interdimensional being after acquiring something called The Janus Key? But I only know that because he shows up in the Void and rambles for 20 minutes, which caused me to look him up on the wiki.
    That one actually wasn't an event, they just added corrupted Vor one update.

• Options
    Ha, I just spoiled myself on what an Operator is.

That's pretty cool!
    So the Warframe is literally an EVA-like unit, and the Operator is the human piloting it? In other words, the Warframe *mostly* dead, but still has a bit of its former self?

• Options

That's pretty cool!
    So the Warframe is literally an EVA-like unit, and the Operator is the human piloting it? In other words, the Warframe *mostly* dead, but still has a bit of its former self?
    Read the prime codex entries? Yeah, seems to be what they're implying.

• Options
    I'm still not sure how that works with the valkyr movie thing

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular

That's pretty cool!

Actually,
    A lot of the lore suggests that your warframes are actually some sort of Pseudo-Infested creation that the Operator can directly control, something that may or may not still have some sort of life and/or awareness; Most of the infested bosses saying some variant of "Why do you fight us? We are your flesh," the codex for Rhino Prime, The finale for The Second Dream, spoilers in The Silver Grove, The War Within, and the comments Ordis that special room you can enter with Nidus in your ship if you leave without interacting with what's in there are among some of the examples.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    they're stands

just say they're stands

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    they're stands

just say they're stands

When are we getting Killer Queen

• Options
    In terms of gameplay, I'm super impressed by the depths to which you can make combat rad.

• Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    I actually prefer going in slow, picking off bad guys in stealth, and but setting off any alarms while I look for rate drops.

Though following a freaking tornado that destroys everything in its path does make these missions go by faster.

What frame should I get after Rhino? I have BP for Oberon. Should that be my next goal?

Casually Hardcore on
  • Options
    Orphane wrote: »
    they're stands

just say they're stands

Isn't that Limbo's 2?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    I actually prefer going in slow, picking off bad guys in stealth, and but setting off any alarms while I look for rate drops.

Though following a freaking tornado that destroys everything in its path does make these missions go by faster.

What frame should I get after Rhino? I have BP for Oberon. Should that be my next goal?
    Hm. Frost, from the boss of Ceres, could be a good next get. His snow globe ability, which drops a big icy bubble that you can shoot out of but will block outside fire, is really handy for any mission that involves defending things. If an infested invasion shows up with an assassination mission, then farming that for the Nyx warframe would be handy as well. She's got good CC and her abilities scale well by virtue of turning the enemy against itself.
    Feel free to try out oberon or any other frames you want to in the meantime, however.

cB557 on
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Second Nyx. She's squishy as hell, but tons of fun, and Chaos may be the bestest power.

• Options
    templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular

IIRC, the devs actually namedrop Dune as an inspiration for being a kind of non-standard sci-fi in the Noclip documentary. Either way, it's a pretty good watch.

Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited April 2018

Oberon blueprints drop from Eximus enemies, so you'll randomly get all the pieces.

Frost is a valuable role player frame to have, Banshee is available through the dojo and has the highest damage multiplier in the game but is very fragile. Zephyr has outrageous amounts of shields and health but low armour and can wrap herself in air pressure to make her very resilient to projectiles.

Anyone keen to do the Oxium farm we were talking about the other day?

Kelor on
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    Orphane wrote: »
    they're stands

just say they're stands

Isn't that Limbo's 2?

you're thinking of Za Warudo

• Options
    So, anyone willing to loan me a pair of Smeeta kavat imprints? I'll go and send them back once it's incubated

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DakkarethDakkareth Registered User regular
    I still haven't gotten around to even unlocking the whole Kavat thing. I think I got 2-3 of the required scans before giving it up as too frustrating.

• Options
    So I have a half decent combo, I have no idea if it's actually good or not as an Excalibur.

Slowmo gunfall-diving sword bomb-melee slash a few times-slide slice into slide gunning-repeat.

I have no idea if this is optimal, but it looks rad as hell and things die. So I'm happy with this state of affairs.

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Someone on reddit updated a chart showing how the Syndicates are linked and which frames they have Augment mods for.

vgi1bvphhbo0.png

Green links mean you gain half the amount of rep when you gain reputation for the allied syndicate.

Red means you lose reputation when you gain reputation for the opposing syndicate.

Kelor on
  • Options
    It'd probably be more useful to take the common triads and say which ones they don't have. Though really, the main reason to choose your triads is based on the weapons you want

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Jupiter is kinda freaking me out. Just thinking about what kinda tech would have to be in place to protect the station and outdoor areas from the crazy radiation. Or if an accident could ignite the planet into a second sun. Or what would kill someone first if they fell down into the planet.

Edit - In other news I got a melee mod that grants healing on status effected enemies. Which includes blunt-damage staggers. HERE WE GO!

Henroid on
  • Options
    templewulf wrote: »
    IIRC, the devs actually namedrop Dune as an inspiration for being a kind of non-standard sci-fi in the Noclip documentary. Either way, it's a pretty good watch.

Yeah, saw that last week. I work at a company technically still small enough to be called a startup, and there's so much stuff about the development they talk about that I lived through. :rotate:

The influence from Moebius is obvious. That guy loved himself some big hats.

Rpx2G6Sl.jpg

fP1nl4K.jpg

• Options
    Oh boy, those dual-stat mods that are on my wishlist will require some farming.

• Options
    Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »

Hm. Frost, from the boss of Ceres, could be a good next get. His snow globe ability, which drops a big icy bubble that you can shoot out of but will block outside fire, is really handy for any mission that involves defending things. If an infested invasion shows up with an assassination mission, then farming that for the Nyx warframe would be handy as well. She's got good CC and her abilities scale well by virtue of turning the enemy against itself.
    Feel free to try out oberon or any other frames you want to in the meantime, however.
    There's a Phorid manifestation live right now on Ceres, level 24-26.

• Options
    edited April 2018
    What the shit. I'm doing that hive sabotage mission with caches, hoping for a mod from the third cache. Mission done, 2/3 caches done, I hear the last one, just as I spot how to get to it I fucking explode and the mission ends. The heck?

Not doing that mission again for a long goddamn while. *fumes*

Echo on
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    What the shit. I'm doing that hive sabotage mission with caches, hoping for a mod from the third cache. Mission done, 2/3 caches done, I hear the last one, just as I spot how to get to it I fucking explode and the mission ends. The heck?

Mission ends as you win, or Mission ends because you failed? If it's the later I suspect a Toxic Ancient sneaked up and breathed on you when you were distracted, or ran into a trap that was triggered by a Hive you blew up.

If it's the former, I dunno.

In any case, if it's the electric dual stat mods you're hunting for, you can also wait for Baro to sell them; he does every so often, and will even have the melee and secondary versions you can't get anywhere else. If you're willing to buy the digital ticket to Tennocon, that comes with special access to a relay where Baro will be selling *everything* he has sold up to that point.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SteveRageSteveRage Registered User regular
    so, because i keep building as many things as i can get my grubby hands on, i have no more weapon slots.
    i need to level the poop weapons i don't like using so i can rid of em.
    also, i am building what looks like a rubber ducky made of metal and covered in tumors that you ram your fist up in that shoots lasers that looks like a lot of fun.
    also a blade-whip thingy that makes my rhino the sassiest of rhinos

-in warframe (pc), i am fungible-
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »

From the wiki
    The missions that require the destruction of the reactor core have a chance of triggering a five-minute Timed Extraction event upon completion via the overhead message "Core Integrity Compromised". The mission will fail if players do not extract within the time limit.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
This discussion has been closed.