As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!!

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Woodcutter's Axe is genuine. Was revealed by a Chinese streamer Tao Mei earlier today and is up on the disguisedtoast.com listing.
    Yeah my post was a joke.

The axe is probably better to value when we know how many rush minions warrior gets. Seems like their revel schedule is a bit backwards. Like I think there's probably a legendary that makes "Big Hand Druid" make sense with all the other cards they're revealing and if so they probably should have showed it first.

DEADLY ARSONAL IS LIKE DRAGONS FURY IN WARRIOR! PogChamp

Oh its attack not cost. Nevermind.

Bedlam on
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2018
    New Card - Warrior Common Weapon

Woodcutter's Axe
    2 Mana
    2/2
    Deathrattle: Give a random friendly Rush minion +2/+1.

636581812860965013.png

Sigh. Obviously I'm biased, but I like my version of the card better. At least it's more thematically appropriate. If I updated the card, I'd probably say it's Poisonous to Taunt minions instead of dealing double damage. It would see so much play against most decks in this current meta.

Oh well... :(

Edit: This is so true...

27jf4i.jpg

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Like I think there's probably a legendary that makes "Big Hand Druid" make sense with all the other cards they're revealing and if so they probably should have showed it first.

I think there's arguments both ways.

From Blizzard's perpsective they probably want the Legendary to get a lot of hype when it's revealed. That's probably only going to happen if they show all the support cards it's receiving when they're trying to push a new archetype.

I was watching Firebat's video on potential meta shifts in the new season and he seems to be all aboard the Hand Druid express.

We'll see. I still think it has potential to be another complete disaster like Freeze Shaman (it's kinda funny that Blizzard just totally gave up on that instead of trying to force it though like they've done previously)

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Woodcutter's Axe is genuine. Was revealed by a Chinese streamer Tao Mei earlier today and is up on the disguisedtoast.com listing.
    Yeah my post was a joke.

The axe is probably better to value when we know how many rush minions warrior gets. Seems like their revel schedule is a bit backwards. Like I think there's probably a legendary that makes "Big Hand Druid" make sense with all the other cards they're revealing and if so they probably should have showed it first.

please don't curse us with your bad juju

p l e a s e

do not

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Woodcutter's Axe is good

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Last night I beat Kripparrian @ rank 2 and he added me after the match (spoilered for big pictures):
    Screenshot_20180331_165315.png
    Screenshot_20180331_165637.png

• Options
    sorry to be the dreamcrusher but kripp doesn't play as Kripp in-game

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Ahhh that sucks. Oh well, I'm just glad someone added me after a game and didn't do it to be a dick.

• Options
    really not being a dick should have been your giveaway it wasn't kripp :P

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »
    Deadly Arsenal: I was kind of excited about this at first, but Warrior Weapons are 3 attack or 2 attack. 6 mana for 3/2 damage aoe isn't great! Just run Warpath and Reckless Flurry and Brawl instead, yeah? Maybe I'm wrong here but....

Neat tho. Gonna wait on that Gargoyle context, cause I feel like there's something missing there.

Arsenal is very clearly meant for some sort of Gorehowl-toting control/fatigue deck. Perhaps the idea is you get through the early game with Rush minions as removal instead of the cheap weapons.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    DZttP_qUMAAR8lI.jpg

rank 3 chest, wot wot

Gonna keep that Reckless Flurry! It's a second copy that I didn't have, and if Control Warrior is at all good in Witchwood...

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    yeah i can't wait to delete all my armour in control warrior, hate having it

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited April 2018

well now in the situations where you don't have armor, which is most likely going to be the case when you really want to clear the board ASAP, Flurry is actually going to be very strong in Baku warrior because that's a turn 5 4 damage wipe. But after that point it'll be pretty dead.

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Hearthstone is finally being translated into Nerglish.

h48eqd1yj7mi.png

More preview cards in the link and even MORE on their Facebook page. About time they got to this, way overdue.

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Everyfin is Awesome!!!

• Options
    i'd probably play cubelock more if i didn't absolutely loathe the mirror match

liEt3nH.png
  • Options

they're losing fishes gotta run something

and with baku you have easy enough ways to gain that armor back

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    Plus if you have oodles of armor you can afford to wait a turn or two before playing it.

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    DZt4IfRVoAAxwZI.jpg

who's the control lock now binch

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    Deadly Arsenal is a prank right? That art is from Pathfinder iirc, or a D&D source book so I don't see how it could have ended up in a Blizzard game.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    "hey, we've tried to push three different archetypes onto Warrior and none of them have any synergy with each other. How can we fix this?"

"Let's give them cares-about-Rush cards."

"Perfect!"

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    I could see Woodcutters Axe being good in the future if Rush becomes an evergreen keyword and goes predominantly Warrior

But for now it just pisses me off.

It even makes Deadly Arsenal worse!

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    Neaden wrote: »
    Deadly Arsenal is a prank right? That art is from Pathfinder iirc, or a D&D source book so I don't see how it could have ended up in a Blizzard game.

It was on the card reveal schedule, and the streamer who was revealing it hasn't revealed a different one to go "April Fool's", so

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Woodcutter's Axe had to be +2/+2 so the 4 drop rush would be a 4 mana 7/7

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    The real April Fool's is that both those Warrior cards are real.

• Options
    edited April 2018
    DZt-YfoV4AEswE-.jpg

yeah this new monthly reset system is a godsend

the single best change they've ever made to the game

my goal was to get to rank 5 with this reset so i'd have plenty of time to fuck around with new decks without feeling pressure about losing rank

i did not expect to hit rank 5 in literally one afternoon's session on day 1

um, here, stats??? rofl

Cg1KvGT.png

that's... that's it

i went 7-2 and crushed with spiteful priest, lmao

9cOf5VO.png
    AAECAa0GAuG/AtDnAg4IkAKNCPIMgrUCursC8LsCysMCmcgCyssCzswCy+YC/OoC1+sCAA==

i believe this version of spiteful priest to be the absolute strongest version of the deck right now, hands down bar none

twilight acolytes are actually insanely good, there's a lot of like... 5 attack minions you can steal from (crystal runner, gentle megasaur, crystal lion, cobalt scalebane, drakonid op, doomguard). not even just 5, but 5 attack seems to be a commonality amongst aggro decks right now, oddly. anything though. you can steal anything and reduce damage on board a ton

cabal shadow priest is equally insane. aggro paladin (yes, oldschool aggrodin with patches and corridor creepers) played an argent squire+rallying blade after i wiped his board with duskbreaker. i mean i coulda slammed spiteful but i was like no fuck that let's crush his fucking soul and i stole his 2/2 argent squire. his literal only minion.

and of course there's always the twiaco+cabal shadow priest combo. fucking strong. against aggro you can totally set up a t5 aco -> t6 cabal, you don't hafta wait for t9.

i think the deck is weakest vs secrets mage, probably. but you crush warlocks (MC says hi) and you'll win vs aggro paladins of any flavor if you get duskbreaker

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options

It was on the card reveal schedule, and the streamer who was revealing it hasn't revealed a different one to go "April Fool's", so

Yeah, ek0p did an april fools joke before he revealed that card, so it's definitely genuine.

Here's the video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_CCE2N7GG4

Artwork also matches the thumbnail from the visual schedule on the blizzard website.

• Options
    NeadenNeaden Registered User regular

Yeah, ek0p did an april fools joke before he revealed that card, so it's definitely genuine.

Here's the video:

Artwork also matches the thumbnail from the visual schedule on the blizzard website.

Weird. That art is definitely not new, I even found some custom hearthstone cards with it from awhile back, but I can't remember where it's originally from. I'm almost certain it's Wayne Reynolds who does a bunch of PF art.

• Options

Here's the video:

Weird. That art is definitely not new, I even found some custom hearthstone cards with it from awhile back, but I can't remember where it's originally from. I'm almost certain it's Wayne Reynolds who does a bunch of PF art.

So I did some digging and you're correct that it's Wayne Reynolds. In fact the Strength of Arms card that Ek0p "reveals" at the beginning of the stream is a card from the WoW TCG that uses the same artwork.

Not really that surprising since a lot of Hearthstone cards share artwork with the WoW TCG, even if it has been a while since the last one (I think, though I don't know for sure).

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »
    Deadly Arsenal: I was kind of excited about this at first, but Warrior Weapons are 3 attack or 2 attack. 6 mana for 3/2 damage aoe isn't great! Just run Warpath and Reckless Flurry and Brawl instead, yeah? Maybe I'm wrong here but....

Neat tho. Gonna wait on that Gargoyle context, cause I feel like there's something missing there.

Arsenal is very clearly meant for some sort of Gorehowl-toting control/fatigue deck. Perhaps the idea is you get through the early game with Rush minions as removal instead of the cheap weapons.

Gorehowl and arcanite.

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    I have to say that I do love that art though.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    Also I've gotten 3 bonus Witchwood packs so far from this daily event

not badddd

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
  • Options
    "I think Hearthstone needs ways to interact with minion-based combos and spell-based combos"

Totally agree with Kibler there.

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Got a KFT pack out of my daily today:
    Db5aju0.jpg

Score!

I'm taking this as compensation for the absolute shit show I've had from RNG in-game the last couple of days.

Muffinatron on
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Gotta love a ticket to whatever Witchwood leggo you want.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    morgan_cokemorgan_coke Registered User regular
    So the new Warrior card is like Blade Fury, but really terrible?

XBL: Morgan Coke Yes, there is a space, not an underscore. I'm old school like that.
    Battle.net: morgancoke#1589

Titan's Creed: Jump first, don't ask questions, punch everything
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Ilpala wrote: »
    Gotta love a ticket to whatever Witchwood leggo you want.

But discard lock will so be a thing.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    So the new Warrior card is like Blade Fury, but really terrible?

No? It's significantly better on card value, since you're not destroying (on average) half the weapon you paid for, nor did you dump a thousand buff cards onto the weapon that's required to make Flurry do anything. The only reason Flurry is seeing any play right now is because Kingsbane is infinite card value.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    It's more of a significantly worse Dragon's Fury. The good thing about Dragon's Fury is that you can have a lot of different spells in your deck with relatively high mana costs, but Deadly Arsenal has a very limited number of weapons that it's particularly effective with - and right now they're not even weapons you want to be running a bunch of copies of in a control deck. Weapons also are harder to run in redundant numbers than spells because each weapon you draw while you already have a weapon is a draw that is not really good!

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png