As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

After Easter [chat] sale

1939495969799»

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    wznQ0si.png

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i can almost read the words on that meme

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    also i've just given up and i call all images memes now

• Options
    Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Heh, good one Chanus Sr.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Woman finds the one ring, still can't get married.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    With my young child I'm out of the con circuit for the next oh decade.

We're going to PAX West this year!

To me this would just be a nightmare with a two year old. He runs off at the store. At a con crowded with people I'd be terrified of him getting away.

get one of those leash harnesses

he's two he won't remember the shame

That's what cameras are for tho

It's vital to record these moments so you can bring them out when they have a friend or prom date come over.

• Options
    desc wrote: »
    Heh, good one Chanus Sr.

in a way i think i learned to shitpost from my dad

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular

That's fine, they are all memes anyways

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    my dad loves to say "if you can't beat em with your ability, bemuse them with your bullshit"

The next interview is over the phone with a member of the actual data science team, so it'll be waaay more technical.

But that's a problem for Future VH.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular

But Chanus, what if...

...you are the meme???

WaJjFsT.png

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    aq8u5WG.png

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I am very good at talking.

Our replacement DnD person is a monk! But they are convinced they're actually a wizard because their wizard tutor at wizard school didn't actually want students and kept giving him menial tasks but he was just so dedicated he can punch things real well now and yell MAGIC right afterwards.

I think they're gonna get along extremely well with the rest of the party.

• Options
    Heh, good one Chanus Sr.

in a way i think i learned to shitpost from my dad

That timeless father-son bonding

The boat drifts on the lake as the first rays of the sun spread their fingers across the surface of the water

"Now, nice and easy, you just ease the bait onto the hook, that's right, now you cast it in -- don't spook 'em!"

The boy but can't help but look to his pa for approval as the first bite tugs on the shitpost

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I had totally forgotten about bike blokes before they got a meme, even though I've seen a looooot of episodes of that. It's not been exactly top of mind in a few years.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    Seriously though why is one cryptocurrency a banned word in this thread

• Options

@nexuscrawler just wouldn't shut up about his new coin scheme

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    Trace wrote: »
    wznQ0si.png

Oh goddamit

I feel like reality is just purposely screwing with us now

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Trace wrote: »
    wznQ0si.png

Oh goddamit

I feel like reality is just purposely screwing with us now

"now"

• Options
    Imagine actually finding lost treasure!

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    What are the Swedish laws on lost treasure?

• Options

w3WbcVp.png

okqQAZQ.png

EbY8hcz.png

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Imagine actually finding lost treasure!

I once found 300 bucks I thought I had lost in pull tab winnings in my closet that I must have thrown in there for safekeepin while still drunk.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Every time my an artist shoots down an offer to buy their art for a wine label, my boss is flummoxed

Last time I shrugged and said "some things aren't for sale" and she looked at me like I had two heads

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Every time my an artist shoots down an offer to buy their art for a wine label, my boss is flummoxed

Last time I shrugged and said "some things aren't for sale" and she looked at me like I had two heads

Alcohol is the devil so it makes sense to shoot it down.

Couscous on
  • Options
    Couscous wrote: »

It goes to the closest living relative of the owner unless the finder successfully defeats them in an axe fight.

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    I have been having a medium grade freakout for like three days about jobs, opportunity, and life. Cortisol is through the fucking roof.

• Options
    Honk wrote: »

It goes to the closest living relative of the owner unless the finder successfully defeats them in an axe fight.

Sweden seems like a place with enough treasure hordes found in the past that there are rules are really old treasure hordes from hundreds of years ago.

Britain has the Treasure Act.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treasure_Act_1996
    The Treasure Act 1996 is an Act of Parliament designed to deal with finds of treasure in England, Wales and Northern Ireland. It legally obliges finders of objects which constitute a legally defined term of treasure to report their find to their local coroner within 14 days. An inquest led by the coroner then determines whether the find constitutes treasure or not. If it is declared to be treasure then the finder must offer the item for sale to a museum at a price set by an independent board of antiquities experts known as the Treasure Valuation Committee. Only if a museum expresses no interest in the item, or is unable to purchase it, can the finder retain it.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    I live in the PNW of the US. There isnt much chance of buried treasure here.

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    VishNub wrote: »
    I have been having a medium grade freakout for like three days about jobs, opportunity, and life. Cortisol is through the fucking roof.

:bro: I know them feels

I think I want to ready the resume cannon but everything about that leads to a lot of self-reflection about past present and future and it's really a lot

let's get cool jobs in boston though!

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
  • Options

Alcohol is the devil so it makes sense to shoot it down.

My boss once suggested that we should be given something because it would be great exposure for the artist

I'm disbelief I tried to explain that this was literally something artists say to each other to mock businesses because they hear it so often

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    I live in the PNW of the US. There isnt much chance of buried treasure here.

That's bull we have stolen... err "found" a lot of native american stuff over the years.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Has The Onion been darker lately?

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    On average, this thread was speeding through space at warp 2.3

@SniperGuy will create the new thread
    @Variable is backup

This discussion has been closed.