As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PlayStation’s Insomniac’s Marvel’s Spider-Man, Out September 7

• MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    The best suit power is Quips

BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    We'll get a storyline where Morbius is fighting White Tiger and everybody will ask who the fuck those characters are.

That sounds alright, I'd play that

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Muggins wrote: »
    The best suit power is Quips

I need that suit

I appreciate that there's a JJJ podcast all about how dumb the punk suit looks

The punk suit is amazing, but this Peter Parker wants to be a cop, so

It's almost really good

I just can't stand the head spikes

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    what is the structure of jonahs podcast

is it really 90 second long because jonah doesnt understand the format

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular

I think it isnt a podcast it's an internet radio show that is then released as episodes and Peter is just tuning in at various pointd

CYpGAPn.png
    Blankzilla wrote: »

I think it isnt a podcast it's an internet radio show that is then released as episodes and Peter is just tuning in at various pointd

the game says its a podcast!

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Radio shows are often released as podcasts after they air

6F32U1X.png
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Radio shows are often released as podcasts after they air

I'll nominate you for a no-prize

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Maybe Pete is tuned to the highlight reel. Or he's just getting the ads for the podcast. In between the Spotify tracks I wish the game had ;p

Oh brilliant
  • KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    Peter subscribes to his Patreon and gets the outtakes.

Just got the Platinum

First platinum trophy I've ever bothered to get!

CYpGAPn.png
  • darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    Also platinum get! This is my second platinum trophy actually (first was Nier: Automata which I don't think counts for... reasons)

This game rules and I love the platinum doesn't require you to get easily missable audio recordings, all gold challenges, or all the secret photo ops. Makes those feel like a fun natural activity rather than a hard requirement for platinum.

Can't wait for the dlc.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2018
    So far my favorite JJJ show is him talking about Spiderman getting high on smog.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    i thought i was gonna get the platinum, but now that i've finished the story i feel like, nah, i'm good

not that i'm knocking the game, i've just had as much of it as i needed

• KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    I think it's a huge testament to the writing of the story that when I got to the part that was shown at this past E3, it still had a huge sense of urgency and dread. You wince every punch that Peter gets and when
    They finally show Doc Ock going full bad it really hits, even though again, fully expected by that point.

I would actually be curious if there's anyone playing the game that has no idea of the characters and would be surprised by where it goes.

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I was gonna do platinum, but then discovered you don't get trophies on Easy mode, which I guess I understand but was still a bummer. So no plat for me.

• Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    i thought i was gonna get the platinum, but now that i've finished the story i feel like, nah, i'm good

I felt that the crimes you had to complete in each district became very repetitive very fast. There's between 2-4 individual crimes for each faction - Prisoners, Demons and Sable International - which means that not only will you have seen them all at least once upon clearing a single district, you'll most likely have seem them all anyways by the end of the game unless you ignore crimes all the time.
    Goose! wrote: »
    I was gonna do platinum, but then discovered you don't get trophies on Easy mode, which I guess I understand but was still a bummer. So no plat for me.

Are you sure? That would be a bummer. None of the trophies mention a required difficulty setting.

Blackbird SR-71C on
    steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I was playing on Easy and I was definitely getting trophies

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    You might be missreading the complete a challenge with an Amazing or higher rating trophy, which is referring to 1/2/3 starring those, not complete it at Medium or higher difficulty.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    My favorite JJJ so far is him talking about Spider-Man creating potholes

How far am I?
    Just saw doc on the raft with his buddies for the first time.

Kaplar wrote: »
    How far am I?
    Beginning of Act 3. Probably 60-70% through the game depending on how much side content you've already done. Closer to 70% if you've done all Taskmaster challenges, Demon hideouts/Fisk construction sites etc. etc.

steam_sig.png

Kaplar wrote: »
    How far am I?
    Beginning of Act 3. Probably 60-70% through the game depending on how much side content you've already done. Closer to 70% if you've done all Taskmaster challenges, Demon hideouts/Fisk construction sites etc. etc.

Thank you.

Maddoc wrote: »
    My favorite JJJ so far is him talking about Spider-Man creating potholes
    Mine is when he proposes that A) Spider-Man is catching pigeons to eat them and B) he is not a man given the abilities of a spider, but a spider given the form of a man!

CYpGAPn.png
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    other than generally swinging around the city, I'm not sure anything in a game has made me feel more purely Spider-man than
    the almost 100% airborne Vulture/Electro fight

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular

I felt that the crimes you had to complete in each district became very repetitive very fast. There's between 2-4 individual crimes for each faction - Prisoners, Demons and Sable International - which means that not only will you have seen them all at least once upon clearing a single district, you'll most likely have seem them all anyways by the end of the game unless you ignore crimes all the time.
    Goose! wrote: »

Are you sure? That would be a bummer. None of the trophies mention a required difficulty setting.

Never saw a trophy unlock notification

You may have them turned off, thats an option

I'll have to check it out when I get home from work

• chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    I'm progressing nicely through the game, have all my map icon things (backpacks, buildings, etc) except for challenges. I do not like doing challenges in other games. I do, however, want all the uniforms. I could keep re-doing the fights just to get the points, but if I have to do challenges, I may as well get platinum.
    So challenges in order to get otherwise unrelated fun stuff in the game, and the repetitiveness Blackbird mentioned are the only negatives I have seen in this game. It's good.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I think the biggest reason that the JJJ Alex Jones comparisons, which don't get me wrong the game purposely invites, annoy me the more I got into the game is that JJJ might be an egomaniac who hates Spider-Man but he also wants New York to be a safe place and is genuinely concerned for people.

chromdom wrote: »
    I'm progressing nicely through the game, have all my map icon things (backpacks, buildings, etc) except for challenges. I do not like doing challenges in other games. I do, however, want all the uniforms. I could keep re-doing the fights just to get the points, but if I have to do challenges, I may as well get platinum.
    So challenges in order to get otherwise unrelated fun stuff in the game, and the repetitiveness Blackbird mentioned are the only negatives I have seen in this game. It's good.

You don't have to ace all challenges, or even bases I think. There is some leniency, although not much. But if there are one or two particular challenges that you're bashing your head against, remember that you can make an exception and just take the silver.

steam_sig.png

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    I think the biggest reason that the JJJ Alex Jones comparisons, which don't get me wrong the game purposely invites, annoy me the more I got into the game is that JJJ might be an egomaniac who hates Spider-Man but he also wants New York to be a safe place and is genuinely concerned for people.

The best JJJs are where he is a man of principal and ethics that just cannot stand that blasted Spider-Man

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited September 2018
    one thing about the endgame i didn't like
    the doc ock fight was pretty weak

especially the part where he jumps up on top of that tower thing and you have to swing around it, the camera just didn't cooperate with that at all for me

the final chunk when you're on the side of the building is rad though

Speed Racer on
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular

You don't have to ace all challenges, or even bases I think. There is some leniency, although not much. But if there are one or two particular challenges that you're bashing your head against, remember that you can make an exception and just take the silver.

I think you need to silver all challenge missions, Gold one type of mission (stealth is the easiest imo) then gold one other type. And that let's you unlock all of the gadgets and suits.

(And you might not need to unlock all gadgets, maybe I could be wrong on this)

• KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »

I think you need to silver all challenge missions, Gold one type of mission (stealth is the easiest imo) then gold one other type. And that let's you unlock all of the gadgets and suits.

(And you might not need to unlock all gadgets, maybe I could be wrong on this)

You don't need to unlock all the gadgets. You can get every suit, and get a platinum, with silver on all challenges. I did it with all silvers except for one bronze, actually.

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular

especially the part where he jumps up on top of that tower thing and you have to swing around it, the camera just didn't cooperate with that at all for me

The major thing I didn't like about it, is MJ is all, beat him with science! And Pete is all yeah! I thought he was going to create some crazy neural interface or something. But no, he just made a thing that made more webs (which I feel was not well explained to me) which you don't even need to use to beat him.

And then you don't even use that at the end cause he breaks it!

It was fun though I guess.

• JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular

That probably could have been easily fixed with a simple lock on command. Come to think of it, that probably would have come in handy in quite a few fights.