As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Marvel Strike Force] 3.3 out! Multi-select filters in roster! Also the Sinister Six.

• Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Oh, my bad. I meant the charges. Heh.

I never have credits because I'm constantly upgrading Gamora and Spidey/Crossbones.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    LeeksLeeks Registered User regular
    For Blitz we get 100 charge every day from daily rewards. So make sure to use at least that much every day, even if you don't love the rewards for that specific blitz.

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    10 days to prep SHIELD characters for the Iron Man event.

Double SHIELD character shards drop on 6/12 and 6/18
    Shards as a login bonus
    Yes, you will also be able to pay for SHIELD characters, don't worry

Minimum requirement for stage 1 of the event: 5 SHIELD characters
    For stage 7 of the event: 5 7-star SHIELD at max level, gear, ability

Ceno on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    310 shard to unlock Iron Man, wonder if you'll need to finish all the tiers to get it done

I think I can maybe do the 4 star version of it by the time it ends, but I think that's it

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    310 shard to unlock Iron Man, wonder if you'll need to finish all the tiers to get it done

I think I can maybe do the 4 star version of it by the time it ends, but I think that's it

That's 5 stars, so tier 5 should do it, if the beta stuff we heard is still true.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    I've got 5 SHIELD dudes.
    And a total of 11 stars between them.

So, yeah, not getting Iron Man any time soon unless I unleash the power of money.

• Options
    I've been kinda prepping because I'd heard this was coming, so I've got a three star team with a few people at 4

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    if I hustle I might be able to do the 3-star version of this but anything higher than that ain't happening. Oh well

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    If I really go nuts I might be able to have a four star team ready to go. Cap and Quake are already five stars each, and Hawkeye and the Mooks (TM) are three stars currently.

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular

I imagine we're probably going to get a max number of goes in the event. I'm betting this goes more like the Merc event than the Deadpool or Thanos one. In that case I don't think it will actually be possible to get to the higher tiers even if you had the characters for it, like the Merc event.
    This one seems like more of a regularly scheduled event than a special one.
    The lack of a corresponding raid for the event is also pushing me that way.

The Thanos and Deadpool events were probably sponsored events by Marvel, which is why they were longer and had more widespread changes. I don't expect most events to look like those.

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i don't imagine i am gonna get iron man from this event

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Dedwrekka wrote: »

I imagine we're probably going to get a max number of goes in the event. I'm betting this goes more like the Merc event than the Deadpool or Thanos one. In that case I don't think it will actually be possible to get to the higher tiers even if you had the characters for it, like the Merc event.

The Thanos and Deadpool events were probably sponsored events by Marvel, which is why they were longer and had more widespread changes. I don't expect most events to look like those.

It'll be similar to the merc event, but I doubt you'll be able to run them multiple times for more rewards. Galaxy of Heroes does these events too, where you have to have a themed team to do them, and I don't believe there's a limit to how many tiers you can get through other than if you meet the requirements. I could be wrong, I never met the requirements in those, so I didn't really see them?

The difference between this and the Deadpool/Thanos events is that you get a set number of shards, and...that's it. It'll almost definitely recur, probably in a rotation with other faction themed events

• Options

It'll be similar to the merc event, but I doubt you'll be able to run them multiple times for more rewards. Galaxy of Heroes does these events too, where you have to have a themed team to do them, and I don't believe there's a limit to how many tiers you can get through other than if you meet the requirements. I could be wrong, I never met the requirements in those, so I didn't really see them?

The difference between this and the Deadpool/Thanos events is that you get a set number of shards, and...that's it. It'll almost definitely recur, probably in a rotation with other faction themed events

The Merc event had a hard limit on wins in the whole event, which didn't change or refill each day. Like 3 or 5 goes for the entire event, and since you had to clear earlier stages to go to later ones, the last stages were literally impossible to unlock regardless of what characters you had.
    That's why I think these are meant to be recurring, unlike the one-off big events like Deadpool or Thanos. They do the event, wait a few months, then do the event again.

• Options

The Merc event had a hard limit on wins in the whole event, which didn't change or refill each day. Like 3 or 5 goes for the entire event, and since you had to clear earlier stages to go to later ones, the last stages were literally impossible to unlock regardless of what characters you had.
    That's why I think these are meant to be recurring, unlike the one-off big events like Deadpool or Thanos. They do the event, wait a few months, then do the event again.

oh, it'll absolutely recur, but I think the hard limit for wins on the merc event was more down to the part where you could get rewards if you replayed tiers. I don't think the Iron Man event will have those same limits because I don't think you'll be able to run the tiers multiple times, so the limit would likely just be, "hey, do you meat the reqs for this?"

I'd also expect it to be open a little longer than the two day window the merc event was open for

• Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    Having done loads of panic farming for various legendary characters over in SWGoH its quite nice to just sit this one out.
    Quake and Hawkeye are in my arena team and i’m working on unlocking cap, so another 2 shield mooks will probably end up getting upgraded sooner or later. Probably later.

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    I did not know that 60 was the Max level. That would explain why I am no longer getting the daily where I level up a character.

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    i think I can manage a 3 star-team on account of using quake and hawkeye regularly, spose we'll see what that can get me

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    I haven't logged in for a few days and the SHIELD event is not the siren song that is going to convince me to return.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Just FYI if you want the login bonus shards each day, you have to make sure to close out of the app and launch it again. If it's just running in the background it wont trigger the daily shard drop.

• Options
    Looks like they decided to extend the Deadpool event another week. So keep earning all the Chimichangas you can.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I got four star Deadpool, yeahhhh

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    I somehow got Yondu

now I need lvl 25

Xehalus on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I got four star Deadpool, yeahhhh

2 short of the level up

• Options
    Lou29Lou29 Registered User regular
    Last stage of the hero storyline was surprisingly easy to three star? Now to farm the 75 cap shards I still need.....

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Lou29 wrote: »
    Last stage of the hero storyline was surprisingly easy to three star? Now to farm the 75 cap shards I still need.....

Especially considering how rough some of the stages just before it were.

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i have the ability to four star both drax and deadpool but no damn money

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    I have Cap’s abilities maxed and I’m one gear piece away from maxing his gear.

Been on a plane all day so haven’t gotten to touch the raids.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I'm out of energy but my next level in Nexus is a fight against just ultimus but he's 10k more power than me.

So we'll see how this goes!

• Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    Lou29 wrote: »

I barely cleared the two before it, but apparently I three starred the Cap node by accidentally hitting auto before changing a diaper. I'm sure it was suitably anticlimactic but I'll have to replay it later.

• Options
    I'm out of energy but my next level in Nexus is a fight against just ultimus but he's 10k more power than me.

So we'll see how this goes!

The Cap one (5-9)? It's one of those fights that's built around getting to a 4th stage.

• Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    It's also a huge pain in the ass to 3 star even if you know about the glitch. (If you finish the fight with only the operative alive you'll get 3 stars even though it says 1 star. Bring a bunch of tanks, rotate taunts, and hope that you get good rng.)

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    My first time I one starred it, I left it alone for awhile and then failed my second time but when 4 of my squad were level 60 and everyone was tier 7 or higher gear it was fairly easy to go the 4 rounds without anyone dying.

Seg on
  • Options
    Well this fight is nonsense...

When my energy is back I guess I'll try with all tanks?

• Options
    Seg wrote: »
    My first time I one starred it, I left it alone for awhile and then failed my second time but when 4 of my squad were level 60 and everyone was tier 7 or higher gear it was fairly easy to go the 4 rounds without anyone dying.

I've got a full team of 4-5 star characters with tier 9 gear at level 60, and so far only Drax can go two rounds of being hit in the face in this mission.

• Options
    I beat it I guess. I'll worry about 3 stars some other time.

• Options
    Seg wrote: »
    I did not know that 60 was the Max level. That would explain why I am no longer getting the daily where I level up a character.

It's going to get raised at some point. There's achievements for getting to level 65, and in the Nexus campaign, 7-X missions require you to be level 62 first, 8-X missions require lvl 66, and 9-X missions require lvl 68.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I've managed to pick up Hawkeye and SHIELD Security in the last few days, I think this SHIELD challenge is going to be not too bad.

• Options
    I was 6 shards short on four starring Hawkeye and then I opened a premium orb and got 25 Hawkeye shards

long story short I'm scrambling to level one of my SHIELD mooks to four stars now

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    If you're in Atlantic Social Entropy, be sure to hop in the raid. Even if you don't think you can clear any of the points you can still contribute damage and collect rewards.

see317 on
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    Hey the Atlantic group did the level 40 raid for the first time and got to 60% with ten people! Progress!