As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Marvel Strike Force] 3.3 out! Multi-select filters in roster! Also the Sinister Six.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I got Hawkeye and Wolverine today

Hawkeye seems fairly mediocre but Wolverine seems rad

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    i got wolverine today too!

once i got him geared up he's now the top of my power sorting. have to actually do some battling with him though when i get the time to play and not just auto battle everything during work

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Wolverine is p great

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    He quickly geared up to be my second most powerful character (under Cap). He causes bleed, which is good.

I really like his costume as well. Is it indicative of his current look in the comics?

Ceno on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I might have accidentally joined one of our raids while being very below level. Sorry all. I also made a small one and I think I can make it through? The 25+ is definitely not true.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Wolverine is great

I really want to grab Iron Man

Is that possible

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I don't know if Iron Man is available yet. I've been having fun with Elektra, though, she just melts fools, it's very satisfying

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    I just went ahead and created West Coast Social Entropy ++, if anybody wants to join an alliance and didn't get into the first one

@Ceno

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    Wolverine is great

I really want to grab Iron Man

Is that possible

I believe he is event-based, and his event hasn’t shown up since launch.

Looks like Thor shards are raid-only at the moment, as well.

• Options
    LeeksLeeks Registered User regular
    I'm enjoying this so far, but fear it will become the same slog the Star Wars game became. fun for now at least!

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    I've at least unlocked a decent number of real super heroes and villains so my teams aren't populated by random characters.

Although I need a lot more training books to get Bullseye up to 32 so that's kind of rough. My villain team largely stays just leveled up enough to deal with the storyline bad guys. Elektra and Crossbones are the exceptions on my real team though.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Are villains just naturally way underpowered than the heroes? I have them at the same levels and the villains are like half the power.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    They seem pretty weak until you upgrade their tier with gear a couple of times. Elektra seemed real weak early on, but now she's a beast.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    That's funny, because my hero team is crazy underpowered compared to my villain team.

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Yeah, I've got Bullseye, Elektra and Nebula anchoring my villains unit, and all three of them are at a higher point value than any of my heroes, for whatever that's worth.

I also just joined the West Coast SE++ alliance, although I know nothing about any of the Alliance features at this point.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I kind of like that my hero team is a bunch of supers and my villain team is Electra, crossbones, and rando Hydra squad

• Options
    Man raid energy recharges so slowly

Got Cap up to tier 6. He’s definitely the anchor for my team and gets all gear priority.

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Are villains just naturally way underpowered than the heroes? I have them at the same levels and the villains are like half the power.

I wouldn't trust the power calculations the game does.
    Crossbones has an ultimate that's really powerful beyond his power ranking.
    At equal levels and gear I've found that the game lists the Hand Sorceress as stronger than the SHIELD Medic, but the medic as a chance to resurrect before the sorceress gets it.
    Luke Cage is consistently the top of the power ranking in my roster, but he's mostly just a big brick wall.

Leveling abilities and leveling gear is as or more important than leveling actual levels. Doing that I'm finding that my roster has a fair mix of heroes and villains, but my heroes tend to have a slight edge on the villains (also because named hero shards are easier to find in a lot of cases)

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    okay maybe i am an idiot but i cannot figure out how to do the spend campaign energy for ultimus keys objective

at all

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    every 1 point of energy you spend to do campaign missions adds 1 to the counter

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    every 1 point of energy you spend to do campaign missions adds 1 to the counter

I ran into some issues where it wasn't updating the total in the app for the daily missions, but closing and reopening the app fixed it.
    I might have accidentally joined one of our raids while being very below level. Sorry all. I also made a small one and I think I can make it through? The 25+ is definitely not true.

The raids all have a few missions designed to make someone at the level of the raid bang their head against them. Any advancement you make in a raid mission is carried over to the next time you, or anyone else, do it. So if you go in and KO 5 out of 9 guys, the next time you do the mission there will only be 4 left.

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    oh hey thanks to that tip i have wolverine and nebula

also i just realized my most powerful character is SHIELD MEDIC

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    The game is still a little buggy.

A few days ago, I lost out on Wolverine shards because I was locked out of challenges. Like, I did the Sunday challenges, but then after the reset the Monday ones never opened up.

And earlier today, in blitz, I cleared all the enemies, but apparently not really? Maybe I tossed somebody off screen but they weren't dead, so the game just sat there.

• Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Ceno wrote: »
    Spider-Man has some where it looks like he takes them into another dimension or something.

Yeah occasionally that third move turns into a super move or something. Can’t quite figure out what triggers it.

I think Crits have alternate animations.

It's Crit + Killing blow.

Caps is awesome. He punches a lot, hits them in the chin by bouncing his shield off the floor, the shield flies into the air, then he punches them some more, then he catches the shield as it comes down.

I unlocked Yondu last night and blew all my money upgrading him. He's easily a top tier character, and a lot of fun to use.

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    I've probably been doing things so wrong wrt energy and resources. I didn't realize i was draining that blitz energy by not switching out fighters

Yeah I only realised this today. A deep bench is what you need for Blitz, so it's worth levelling up your mooks because from what I can tell the importance of the various activities in terms of resource farming goes Arena --> Blitz --> Raids.

Spaffy on
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Dedwrekka wrote: »
    Apparently the higher level raids let in more people. The lvl 30 one is apparently 8 people. Might be good to let the alliance raid credits built up a bit.

Also note that raid energy is finite and each person apparently has a single personal raid energy pool across all raids, so it's better if you don't join multiple raids because you may not finish it in time unless you dump money into it.

^ Yep. Raid energy is limited across all raids, character health is unique to each raid.

At lvl 35 I find I just barely have enough energy to finish a branch of a lvl 25, then it's best to wait for a full recharge before starting a lvl 30. If you don't have enough energy to contribute properly to a 30 it can kinda fuck it up for everyone, so don't just jump into every open raid you see.
    The game is still a little buggy.

A few days ago, I lost out on Wolverine shards because I was locked out of challenges. Like, I did the Sunday challenges, but then after the reset the Monday ones never opened up.

And earlier today, in blitz, I cleared all the enemies, but apparently not really? Maybe I tossed somebody off screen but they weren't dead, so the game just sat there.

Force close and restart the game (on iOS). It's the same with Daily Objectives, they don't appear until you restart if you're logged in (although you are still contributing to them even though you can't see them, but you can't cash out until you do).

Spaffy on
  • Options
    I 100% do not understand power levels. My high 9000 team fighting a 6000 team with almost the same characters and I just get rocked while barely scratching the others.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Ability upgrades don't affect power levels, so if you haven't been upgrading those and they have, that could have something to do with it.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I started a new Level 30 Raid in the non West Coast SE Guild

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Just started this up, stalled out at 12 before I finally ran out of energy but this is pretty fun so far

Too early to really have anyone out of the ordinary, but I did make sure to grab that Cap new player pack because I love Captain America

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    Ability upgrades don't affect power levels, so if you haven't been upgrading those and they have, that could have something to do with it.

no those affect it too. I think literally everything affects power level but power level is just an aggregate that may be occasionally misleading, I guess

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Is there some way to convince the game to not send me updates when I'm not playing?
    I mean, I know that reminding me to play when I'm not playing is part of the whole deal with games like these, but it's getting rather obnoxious and I've only been playing the game for a day.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    that'll learn you to enable notifications

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I feel like I'm hitting a choke point in the campaign
    I keep leveling up but I don't have any of the ability cube... triangle... things to put into my attacks, and the only way I can get them is by doing challenges which require me to have characters I don't have, or just spend money and hope to get some in an orb

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I keep leveling up but I don't have any of the ability cube... triangle... things to put into my attacks, and the only way I can get them is by doing challenges which require me to have characters I don't have, or just spend money and hope to get some in an orb

You can get ability materials by replaying the campaign missions that give character shards. You also get them by doing alliance raids. If you're below lvl 25, it's going to be better to just replay campaign missions and level up, get some gear from the missions you do, and finish your daily quests.

Also never buy orbs, they're just not worth it.

• Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular

Grind your gear mats when you don’t have anything else to do. You can auto-win missions so it takes no time at all to blow campaign energy.
    I 100% do not understand power levels. My high 9000 team fighting a 6000 team with almost the same characters and I just get rocked while barely scratching the others.

Strategy is key. The energy limit makes healers useless against high single target damage teams. Nuke your tanks first because they’re going to taunt turn one anyway, then healers, then pick off the highest damage toons left. Generally that works out. Characters like Quake or Black Widow need to go ASAP due to status effects. If you’re having issues following this strategy, check your team comp. You need a tank with taunt. Hulk, Cap, Crossbones, Luke. Don’t underestimate defense up on Luke because that shit severely reduces damage. If you’re finding yourself having trouble with one character, stun ‘em. Black Widow ability 3 or Spider-Man ability 3. Oh and if you’re getting boned by status effects, make sure you have a status clear. Yondu, Jessica, Cap, Hawkeye all can clear positive status effects.

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    Took me a few tries but I think I finally disabled global chat. First couple of times I unchecked global chat the game seemed to reset it on me. I haven't seen the option to turn off notifications yet though.

Enjoying the game so far.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Is there no actual way to buy purple stuff currency yet? That seems weird

• Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Is there no actual way to buy purple stuff currency yet? That seems weird

Power cores? You can most certainly buy power cores. Go to supplies and select power cores.

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options

Grind your gear mats when you don’t have anything else to do. You can auto-win missions so it takes no time at all to blow campaign energy.

Strategy is key. The energy limit makes healers useless against high single target damage teams. Nuke your tanks first because they’re going to taunt turn one anyway, then healers, then pick off the highest damage toons left. Generally that works out. Characters like Quake or Black Widow need to go ASAP due to status effects. If you’re having issues following this strategy, check your team comp. You need a tank with taunt. Hulk, Cap, Crossbones, Luke. Don’t underestimate defense up on Luke because that shit severely reduces damage. If you’re finding yourself having trouble with one character, stun ‘em. Black Widow ability 3 or Spider-Man ability 3. Oh and if you’re getting boned by status effects, make sure you have a status clear. Yondu, Jessica, Cap, Hawkeye all can clear positive status effects.

I can generally take out one damage dealer before the tank taunts...