As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Marvel Strike Force] 3.3 out! Multi-select filters in roster! Also the Sinister Six.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    just got an apologetic email with bunch of energy and shards for all the latest tech problems

• Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    I’m 15 shards away from 3 Star Ant-Man and I might be able to pull it off but it’ll probably cost me every power core I have.

It would cost 1.371 million to level him up to where I would find him useful so I don't mind him staying a 2 star level 1 after this event is over. I am hoping that enough players have him at 2 star when the event starts where he needs to be 3 star that this company rethinks the rate at which they were giving us Fragments for his Orbs.

• Options
    so I did the same Wasp mission twice and did not get progression credit

reloaded the game and awesomely got the stuck at 42% loading bug again

good times

• Options
    If I end up in the 11-25% range with this current blitz then I will have enough Shards to get Ant-Man to 3 stars. So then my ability to do the combined event they mention would depend on actually unlocking the 100 shard Wasp. Which based on what happened with Ant-Man will depend on her getting a Blitz once her event is over.

• Options
    GorkGork Registered User regular
    Social Entropy++ has an open spot.

We also have a handful of inactive folks that our captains need to boot.

And one individual who seems active enough to join every single raid but literally never attempt a node. Which is some major shithead behavior.

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    I booted a bunch of people inactive for over a week. Social Entropy++ has 5 spots open now

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    I’m so tired of seeing the same teams in Arena and Blitz. Hopefully the upcoming changes will encourage variety.

Also as long as I can hit top 60% in this blitz, I’ll have a 3 Star Ant-Man.

Ceno on
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    15 shard rocket orb! Means I only need 3 orbs to unlock him so that should be doable before the event is over.

I can not beat wasp hard 1-6. That's just a crazy fight.

Also I learned I can auto at least the first five fights in the raid. Sorry my participation has been all over the place with new job. I'm trying to at least get 5 in ultimus raids

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    have orbs been nicer to ya'll with regard to getting previous blitz only characters? like, other than vision, i've also recently gotten black panther and dr. strange in the past week or two

also i just finally got kingpin from a primo orb, too

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    have orbs been nicer to ya'll with regard to getting previous blitz only characters? like, other than vision, i've also recently gotten black panther and dr. strange in the past week or two

No.

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    I've gotten some 50 shard orbs, but it was Elektra and Luke Cage. Which is nice because I use them, but unexciting.

• Options
    Fencingsax wrote: »

No.

i guess i'm just cooler then

go me

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular

In the past couple days I've hit 25-shard orbs for Black Panther and Black Widow, putting me at 75/100 and 60/100 respectively, plus five Kingpin shards to finally complete him. My last Mega Orb was a dud, but by and large the RNG has been good to me this week.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    Vision, Strange and Black Panther are all characters I have gotten shards of from Premium and Basic Orbs. I also keep getting Gamora shards so I am well on my way to my second Ultimus Orb.

• Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    So we’re all in agreement that the real reason Quake is so great is because when you get a kill with her AoE attack, rag dolls sproing up into the air and it looks hilarious, right?

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    that's at least eighty percent why, yeah

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    whoever was like "let's put a cliff on these maps so people ragdoll off of them" deserves a huge raise

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Similarly, one of the reasons Nebula is so good is that one of her attack animations is just running up to a dude and straight up kneeing them in the dick

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Similarly, one of the reasons Nebula is so good is that one of her attack animations is just running up to a dude and straight up kneeing them in the dick

Also doing the wrap your ankles around their throat and flip them over.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    I love Jessica Jones' crit kill, where she grabs the dude by the throat and just throws them about a football field in distance.

• Options
    Yeesh, I busted my ass during the Ant-Man blitz, got to milestone 9, and still only got top 60%. That blitz server merge or whatever must have made it a lot harder. Or a lot of people wanted Ant-Man.

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Yeesh, I busted my ass during the Ant-Man blitz, got to milestone 9, and still only got top 60%. That blitz server merge or whatever must have made it a lot harder. Or a lot of people wanted Ant-Man.

It had the reduced cooldown time so it was easier to grind.

• Options
    Magell wrote: »

It had the reduced cooldown time so it was easier to grind.
    I cleared milestone 12 and got 1-10%. Got me to four star, though.

• Options
    Milestone 10 for me but 26-60% which is the first time that has happened since I realized I could attack with more then one party.

I did 3-star Ant-Man so now I wait to find out if I unlock Wasp before I decide to spend any money on leveling him up.

• Options
    Ant-Man seems to have some decent abilities on his own, and I'm building him up under the assumption that he'll be a good fit for my B-Team since Quake and Yondu are on my A-Team.

• Options
    ant-man is decent but my priorities right now are building up vision and kingpin -- they all have some really dope abilities

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    whoever was like "let's put a cliff on these maps so people ragdoll off of them" deserves a huge raise

I was heartbroken when I finally hit someone into the giant gong in the background and they went right through it instead of making it swing.

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    I don't see how you guys are able to progress so much without paying for it.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    The best way to progress is farmable heroes because long term, getting characters ranked up makes a huge difference

Honestly, there is such a terrible money to actual meaningful gain ratio in this game that I'm astounded anyone would pay money, you have to spend fairly ridiculous amounts of money just to get enough shards to unlock a character, let alone rank them up further than their starting point

I don't know that I'd call the game F2P friendly so much as it seems aggressively unfriendly to paying players

Maddoc on
  • Options
    Maddoc wrote: »
    The best way to progress is farmable heroes because long term, getting characters ranked up makes a huge difference

Honestly, there is such a terrible money to actual meaningful gain ratio in this game that I'm astounded anyone would pay money, you have to spend fairly ridiculous amounts of money just to get enough shards to unlock a character, let alone rank them up further than their starting point

I don't know that I'd call the game F2P friendly so much as it seems aggressively unfriendly to paying players

They would definitely have gotten more money out of me if we were seeing $10 offers for three-star new characters.

• Options
    Between milestones and daily missions I get around 100 power cores a day. I can recharge my campaign energy twice a day with them or let them accrue while relying on the free recharges the game gives me, plus the free campaign recharge currency from daily missions.

I get more power cores from events and other stuff, so I've actually hit 1000 power cores several times, without paying, before deciding to dump them into something stupid like orbs.

I get premium orbs rarely from playing, but that's more like a bonus. Relying on orbs are a fool's game.
    Most of my blitz and raid currency goes into the handful of really good characters available.

I usually only check in three times a day or so. Once in the morning, once at lunch, and once around dinner. Lately I've been keeping an eye on it every few hours for the free energy refills because I'm using them to help me get Wasp and Rocket.

The game is pretty heavily weighted towards late-game play, with most of these events only realistically doable by high level players and Blitzes heavily favoring higher levels for more points. I really don't sweat it when I don't get a character because I know this game model likes to present events like they're a one time thing, but they'll rotate back around eventually.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    a
    Maddoc wrote: »

They would definitely have gotten more money out of me if we were seeing $10 offers for three-star new characters.

Oh my god I would have dropped a hundo by now easily

Instead I just look at the new offers and laugh

• Options
    I don't see how you guys are able to progress so much without paying for it.

Only use cores on energy.

• Options
    I also use cores on raid heals, but yeah, it’s all about just focusing on raising a mighty A team to rank 9 or so and a decent B team, and a C team if you really wanna spread the love but it starts getting pretty hard to afford by then.

Pick one or two characters to really spend your attention on for a few days and you’ll make pretty quick progress.

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    Focus on a core group of 5-6ish characters and push them as far as you can. That’ll do you for basically every part of the game except blitz, and even then with 2h cooldowns you dont need a massive roster to do well

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    How is the Alliance situation now? I could only find the Social Entropy one, which is full of level 60+s and thus fairly intimidating to my level 38 ass. Is it OK to join up anyway?

• Options
    I've only went to the store when core or orb fragments proc it

otherwise I am using cores to refill energy to farm gear mats

blitz and arena tickets I use for Drax, Gamora, and Quake

also spent energy farming Night Nurse from Villain 3-9 and Hero 5-9

lastly try to join ability boost raids and clear the first area of nodes as far as you can

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    West Coast SE folks: we've got an hour left in our raid and are thisclose to reaching the second tier of rewards, so if someone has time for a battle or two in the next little while, please get in there and push us over the top...

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    MrGrimoire wrote: »
    How is the Alliance situation now? I could only find the Social Entropy one, which is full of level 60+s and thus fairly intimidating to my level 38 ass. Is it OK to join up anyway?

West Coast Social Entropy ++ still has four open slots!

• Options
    spreading the love has only been benfitting me personally

i have like 20 characters to effectively rotate between during raids (all gear tier 7) and honestly if i wasn't too cheap to buy raid charges with cores, i would be cutting a path all the way to the boss with half my crew still in tact

i am totally fucked, ironically enough, on campaign bullshit by doing this because of the difficulty spike

6vjsgrerts6r.png