As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Marvel Strike Force] 3.3 out! Multi-select filters in roster! Also the Sinister Six.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    I know my city team isn’t at the top of its game but I can’t clear medium this time around. That mission to protect Dr Strange does not end well.

I had to get lucky on that one. Kamala and Luke both taunted subsequent turns, lost Kamala

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Ceno wrote: »
    I know my city team isn’t at the top of its game but I can’t clear medium this time around. That mission to protect Dr Strange does not end well.

i brought in luke, night nurse, jessica, kingpin, and bullseye to do it and basically spent as little time attacking as possible

just keep buffing and taunting and healing

Rorshach Kringle on
    6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    Yeah I can't beat Hard 3. It's just a god damned slog.

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    I've found that leaning into Kamala's passive works wonders. I removed a heavy blaster villain with my less powerful spider-man, and all the extra assisting from another Hero brawler really made the difference.

• Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    Got 15 Gamora shards from a Premium Orb I got from collecting fragments which gave me enough Ultra Credits to get my second Ultimus Orb, which got me 3 Ultimus shards and 25 Cable shards which unlocked Cable for me.

• Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    Got lucky and pulled 100 Vision shards from a Ultra Orb (I think), unlocking him, so I’ve been putting tons of effort into leveling him up, along with scarlet witch. Thinking they’d pair well with Hawkeye, Quake and Hand Sorceress, maybe.

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I've had some success teaming Vision and Scarlet Witch up with Rocket Raccoon and Cap

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    man I made the mistake of peeking at global chat and hoo boy there are some opinions about ms marvel

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Everything I needed to hear from those people I heard back in 2013 when she was introduced. I don't need to hear those opinions repeated.

• Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    I tried thenlowest of the current raids, and got smacked down quick. My guys just are not that strong, or able to deal a lot of damage

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    i am dumping a lot into beefing up cable, rocket, and scarlet witch and man cable seems like he will rule when he gets super leveled up

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    LeeksLeeks Registered User regular
    I tried thenlowest of the current raids, and got smacked down quick. My guys just are not that strong, or able to deal a lot of damage

Make sure you join raids and do whatever you can, even if it isn't much. You won't be stealing a spot from someone else, and you can get rewards that will help you do more the next time.

In other news, I was 4 shards from 5 star Shield Operative this morning. Ran the 5 shots at her shards, and got exactly 4. So now I have Iron Man!

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

At least you contributed, even if it wasn't much.

I mean, it doesn't cost anything but time to hop into a raid and hit a couple nodes. Even if your guys get crushed, every little bit of damage helps.

• Options
    I'll say. My rewards for this raid were more than I've gotten from anything else. And I could only finish two nodes.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Still salty about not getting 3* Scarlet Witch, which is making me put a lot less effort into Ms Marvel

Also I don't have a lot of good City heroes leveled up super far, and I don't really have a good team to support Ms Marvel for regular use either (She likes Hero+Brawler, of which I have... Wolverine leveled up, and that's pretty much it)

I keep pulling Vision from orbs though, over halfway to 4* somehow

Maddoc on
  • Options
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Still salty about not getting 3* Scarlet Witch, which is making me put a lot less effort into Ms Marvel

Also I don't have a lot of good City heroes leveled up super far, and I don't really have a good team to support Ms Marvel for regular use either (She likes Hero+Brawler, of which I have... Wolverine leveled up, and that's pretty much it)

I keep pulling Vision from orbs though, over halfway to 4* somehow

Yeah, my top 5 City characters are Night Nurse, Spider-Man, Hand Sorceress, Jessica Jones and Luke Cage.
    Lots of support there, but Spider-Man can't do all the fighting himself.

• Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    Man, I've gone from barely being able to do one Raid node to being able to power through about 3, as long as I'm willing to messily sacrifice the B-team.

• Options
    Playing around with SHIELD Minions actually really makes me want Nick Fury

SHIELD Trooper may be one of my new favorite units? Just put him next SHIELD Security and watch him just attack all day long

Fucking Kree

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    I'm thinking I'm going to go with Cap, Spidey, Korath, Wanda, and Yondu as my A team

• Options
    Also after their buffs, SHIELD Minions are so far ahead of other minion sets right now it's absurd

To the point that I'm fairly confident every single minion in the game that doesn't have SHIELD in its name is going to get buffed, possibly when their "leader" shows up

I was working on my Hydra goons a bit even though they're trash right now, just for when Red Skull finally shows up, but hell I'll probably need fucking five Asgardians or something to actually get him

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Update on my top 20, since I hit level 65 and got Cap to tier 12:

nt5iy4ou706y.png

mokpe210fxgw.png

• Options
    god i want nobu so badly

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    god i want nobu so badly

I got him out of a mega orb (I think it was a mega orb, who can keep all these orbs straight?) recently.
    He's still lvl 1 for me though.
    Kind of want to try a summoner heavy team. Nobu, Kingpen, Yondu, maybe Cap and Jones to round it off with some energy generation and tankiness.

• Options
    Just got my first mega orb from the latest raid. I had 1999 shards before. Lol.

And I got Ant-Man. I'm pretty happy about that. Most of my heroes have been dark, like Punisher, Quake, Jessica Jones, etc. I'm trying to make them looknlike superheroes, dang it. I want color in my squad.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    see317 wrote: »
    god i want nobu so badly

I got him out of a mega orb (I think it was a mega orb, who can keep all these orbs straight?) recently.
    Kind of want to try a summoner heavy team. Nobu, Kingpen, Yondu, maybe Cap and Jones to round it off with some energy generation and tankiness.

i was thinking i'd do cap, nobu, yondu, kingpin, and dr. strange on the off chance he maybe resurrects a dead goon because i want to make this as dumb as possible

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    Man I hate reading about mega orb luck. I've opened six of them... All either Ronan or Iron Fist.

I did get 25x black widow from a basic orb today, at least.

• Options
    I was barely playing for the past few months, so my only mega orb was fucking Bucky

I've made a point of farming all of the SHIELD minions every day and buying SHIELD Trooper and SHIELD Security from the raid and arena stores respectively though

Even though I know it'll be basically forever until I get Nick Fury, I can still totally just run all five SHIELD minions until then and be happy

• Options
    i got black panther from a mega orb but that was the only time my pull wasn't awful

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    I may complain about getting Bucky

But at least I could laugh at my friend who pulled Ronan, and then Iron Fist

• Options
    edited August 2018
    After five Ronan's in a row, I'd kill for another iron fist. He at least has a place on one of my mook teams as a poorer man's version of a poor man's Wolverine. Ronan keeps soaking up mats because my OCD will not let me leave a green + unfilled when I could wait a day and help a better character.

Hevach on
  • Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    god i want nobu so badly

i was thinking i'd do cap, nobu, yondu, kingpin, and dr. strange on the off chance he maybe resurrects a dead goon because i want to make this as dumb as possible

mordo heals anytime anyone dies so he could be fun in that team

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    Was earning some Blitz credits by letting my lowest level guys going into a fight and then letting it auto run. I let it go for a few minutes and then look down to notice AIM Researcher and Hand Sorceress going back and forth attacking each other and then healing themselves. Just the two of them in an endless loop because their heals were stronger then the damage they were each doing.

• Options
    I am now ten shards away from getting my first Ms. Marvel orb.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    I missed the memo about the Kree characters needing to be minions so I’m somehow even less prepared for this event

However, dev note says more mutants are coming soon, so that’s pretty cool.

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    I am probably never getting Fury if he's always tied to this event, but I dont want him that badly anyway.

• Options
    edited August 2018
    These are hard missions. Maybe not hard, per session, but Kree minions are just so goddamn awful. No real damage, no real healing, and no real support to speak of. Missions that my D team could cakewalk are marathons of attrition, knowing there's two more waves and no hope.

Edit: after dumping everything I could farming gear and training for my Kree minion team, I got the mission with 750 mega shards, which was enough to get an orb and call the event a win.

The orb gave me 100 black panther shards, breaking my orb curse. The other day I opened a free basic orb and got 25 black widow shards which got me the unlock, so that's two not shit characters after I powered all my Kree assholes to a sadly misleading 22k team power.

Now, this comes to my problem in this kind of game. Looking at my alliance, I have more heroes than anyone (I'd been tied for a while but got three dudes in as many days), and have been going back and forth for the highest collection power. I'm #21 in strongest team power, though. Aside from me, the collection and team rankings look about the same, but I'm this glorious anomaly with a mediocre A and B team, but apparently outstanding C through M teams.

Hevach on
  • Options
    But what if I told you you could get fifty shards of EACH kree minion for ONLY $100

You’re losing money by NOT getting this offer

• Options
    I'll wait until Kree Minions get their inevitable buff pass to make them all give each other a ton of buffs, and then wait for the event to roll around eventually again

I don't even have all five Kree minions unlocked

Still makes me sad, since I actually am working on all of the SHIELD minions already

• Options
    god i want nobu so badly

Toss a leveled Miss Marvel on there and get assists on nearly every mook’s turn. It’d be bedlam.

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    Neat, Mordo added to the arena store just in time for me to get Quake to 5* and stop buying her for awhile