As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Marvel Strike Force] 3.3 out! Multi-select filters in roster! Also the Sinister Six.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    This game has some odd ideas about what constitutes skill.
    Like, the SHIELD Assault. Dude has a jetpack and a grenade launcher, and somehow that's skill.
    Meanwhile, Rocket has a home made space machine gun and a jet pack, and he's tech.

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    Mysst wrote: »
    Hate you so much

you literally hate me because you ain't me

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Not anymore, sucka!

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    I have way to many specialized teams that every time they release a new event I have like no one that fits the new event. I fear that the next one is going to be Team Hydra where I'll have no one ready for the event.

• Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    A.I.M will also be a fun one to get ready for. Both Hydra and Aim I have two people of decent level but the rest of them are under 1000 power. And I would be stuck in the 3 or 4 star range in the event. (I have opened enough Blitz Orbs that Aim Monstrosity is 7 stars when I decide to spend the gold on ranking it up.)

• Options
    I have way to many specialized teams that every time they release a new event I have like no one that fits the new event. I fear that the next one is going to be Team Hydra where I'll have no one ready for the event.

Thank goodness we can just start cramming money into our phones in order to get those sweet sweet character shards.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Hydra at least has Winter Soldier and Crossbones

Until they make it like the Nick Fury thing and be minions only

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Hydra at least has Winter Soldier and Crossbones

Until they make it like the Nick Fury thing and be minions only

They will definitely make it minions only

• Options
    We have a spot open in SE++ at the moment, but I’m not sure how long it will be open.

• Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    Thinking about getting into this but I know I'm a bit behind since the game launched.

I play Galaxy of Heroes but what are the major differences?

Also if I start, what/ who should I invest in?

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    Bedigunz wrote: »
    Thinking about getting into this but I know I'm a bit behind since the game launched.

I play Galaxy of Heroes but what are the major differences?

Also if I start, what/ who should I invest in?
    Haven't spent much time with GoH, so I can't really offer much in the way of comparisons beyond it's Marvel characters, not Star Wars, but that's not helpful at all.

At the moment, Defenders are king. That's Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Iron Fist. Punisher goes good with them, as does Ms. Marvel to fill the fifth slot.

• Options
    Nice. Are Venom or Winter Soldier worth getting? they seem like a good deal but I don't want to invest if they are garbage

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    Nice. Are Venom or Winter Soldier worth getting? they seem like a good deal but I don't want to invest if they are garbage

Winter Soldier is pretty good. His mechanical arm punch is nice, and he boosts any Hydra goons he's teamed up with (Crossbones also buffs Hydra goons, so if you put the two on a team with Hydra goons...)

I don't know about Venom though, so I can't help much there.

• Options
    zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    Venom is really good... but stars are a big factor in the content, and you won't get venom stars any time soon. Mordo is good and similar mechanical to venom, and you can farm it.

• Options
    only one more star for one more kree to prep for whenever fury comes!

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    2 of my my kree goons are 5 star so far. I am nowhere near getting magneto, but if i miss out on fury again....

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    yeah, I need fury to free up cap so I can have an avengers team. I guess I need to work on my brotherhood next then, huh

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    it's real hard to build one when you can't farm a significant portion!

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    ugh, that's true, huh. i'm working on my guardians and ravagers best I can for starlord but they kinda have the same problem

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    i got starlord with boomer, gamora, stitcher, drax, and yondu. the actual battles for him are easy.

Rorshach Kringle on
    6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    I don't have 5 boomer or stitch, tho. I can, more reliably, work on groot and rocket, tho. hell, this blitz is gonna help me out, for which I am glad

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    I don't have 5 boomer or stitch, tho. I can, more reliably, work on groot and rocket, tho. hell, this blitz is gonna help me out, for which I am glad

how dare your progress not match mine equally

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    edited February 2019

how dare your progress not match mine equally

well I'm wrong anyway, boomer can get grabbed with blitz points so I'm gonna take a break off getting gamora to 7 to bump him to 5, which'll get me what I need

addendum, he's already at 5? random shards ftw I guess

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    yer a damn disaster

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    I’ve been concentrating solely on SHIELD for the last several months and have a shot at getting Iron Man to 7 stars next go round. Then I’ll move on to Fury.

• Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    I'm not going to have my Kree ready for fury this time, but I'm going to keep working on them for the following time. Both my 5RS chars are shield minions so I feel like the game is telling me I need to get him.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    I try to focus on one group of characters, but I always wind up getting side tracked by something else.
    On the plus side, I'm a few days away from 7 stars for Mordo from Arena supplies, but every time I try to farm up some SHIELD goon shards, RNGsus burns me.

• Options
    Any idea on factions I should work on other than the Defenders?

Just got a handful of villains but not enough cash to level them.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular

Kree and Guardians for events. Once you unlock Star Lord and Fury then go hard on the Guardians and Shield. A Fury team is a strong counter to the Defenders. My Defenders team struggles hard on a Fury team that is even 20k lower in power than them. Just non-stop buffs and healing.

After that....Avengers and AIM/Hydra maybe?

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    A Ms. Marvel brawler ball (Ms. Marvel with her Fangirl passive leveled up, plus four other hero brawlers) gets work done and is a great repository for oddball characters who don't have a lot of other synergies, like Spider-Man or, up to recently, Wolverine.

• Options

Kree and Guardians for events. Once you unlock Star Lord and Fury then go hard on the Guardians and Shield. A Fury team is a strong counter to the Defenders. My Defenders team struggles hard on a Fury team that is even 20k lower in power than them. Just non-stop buffs and healing.

After that....Avengers and AIM/Hydra maybe?

I haven't had much luck with AIM (my AIM guys are 40-50), they seem like they'd be fun with all the debuffs turning into buffs and the stealing and transferring buffs and the like, in theory it all sounds great.
    In practice, it seems I set up the debuffs then get stomped by the other team who didn't debuff themselves into the ground.
    Also, the named character is also a pretty late game to farm, so that may be a minus.

Hydra goons seem okay, no huge downsides, no huge upsides either though. A couple of named characters add some team buffs, but compared to the SHIELD goon synergies, they're a step down currently.

• Options
    AIM and Hydra are both pretty bad teams compared to other things you could spend your resources on. I would also throw kree in there, but you need them to unlock fury and we're supposed to be getting a kree rework that sounds like it'll make them a decent team soon, prob around when the captain marvel movie comes out.

Aside from getting a few villians up high enough to clear the villians campaign I'd recommend to keep pouring resources into the defenders as a new player. Once you get them high enough, say around 100k team power, then start thinking about branching out and developing other teams a bit. You'll still want to keep building them though to keep up in arena and allow you to participate more in higher level raids, but you can slow them down a bit to divert energy and gear towards other characters.

• Options
    Yeah but the last few events. You know they are going to throw a Hydra or AIM event at us soon.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Yeah but the last few events. You know they are going to throw a Hydra or AIM event at us soon.

I believe they said, in the big kerfuffle after the initial release of the Chasing Fury event, that they wouldn't do an AIM or Hydra event until after they'd given those groups a mechanical rework.

• Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    Having a decently leveled Hand and Mercenary group will be something you will be grateful for when those events come around every few weeks. I have a whole lot of characters who need Advanced Basic Catalyst Parts but can only clear the 3 star Hand tier of that. And the Gold Reward from the Merc event is always helpful.

And having more characters with decent power levels lets you get deeper into the Blitz point tiers with the use of fewer Blitz Charges.

• Options
    Seg wrote: »
    Having a decently leveled Hand and Mercenary group will be something you will be grateful for when those events come around every few weeks. I have a whole lot of characters who need Advanced Basic Catalyst Parts but can only clear the 3 star Hand tier of that. And the Gold Reward from the Merc event is always helpful.

And having more characters with decent power levels lets you get deeper into the Blitz point tiers with the use of fewer Blitz Charges.

You also want a strong City team for the Block Party training materials event. Thankfully City is one of the easiest things to farm. I'm closing in on a full team of 5 seven-star City heroes so I can get those sweet orange d12s.

• Options
    early game you absolutely want to build up crossbones because most of the villains you are going to get at that point are extremely frail/glass cannons, making progressing through their campaign kinda difficult.

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    need a person in raid 1 and 3 to clear easy nodes for 100%

• Options
    edited February 2019
    We can't 100% group 1. The person doing the middle lane skipped the first node and since there's already 8 people in the group nobody can clean up after them.

If you're going to take the middle lane you need to hop over to it as soon as possible and do the entire middle until you're forced to turn off. Otherwise you just make it a lot harder to get 100% if other people aren't paying attention to do the nodes you skipped over.

H0b0man on
  • Options
    What ever group I'm in I'm not afraid to go straight up the middle. The first 5 lets me get to the middle choke point. Who ever takes the left and right center should work to get to those points as well. People should try to take the most unused lanes before criss crossing to ensure we leave nothing behind. Especially as we move to VI because clearing 30% on the harder raid requires as much of those early nodes cleared to ensure the tier 1 rewards are unlocked.