As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Buy Pax Ticket 1 day away?

VerboictyVerboicty Registered User new member
I was thinking about going thursday and was wondering if i buy a thursday ticket tonight or tomorrow how would i get my pass or is it not possible to attend and buying a ticket is too late.

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    You'd probably pick it up at Will Call (so either Wednesday or Thursday, I imagine)

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • VerboictyVerboicty Registered User new member
    what is Will Call?

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    Verboicty wrote: »
    what is Will Call?
    You buy the ticket online (assuming they're still available).
    You walk up to a booth, give them your name (possibly some ID to prove you're you) and they give you the pass.

You might check in the PAX forum and see if anyone has an extra. It would be a strange year indeed if nobody had last minute plans change for them.

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    what is Will Call?
    You walk up to a booth, give them your name (possibly some ID to prove you're you) and they give you the pass.

You might check in the PAX forum and see if anyone has an extra. It would be a strange year indeed if nobody had last minute plans change for them.

Also be careful that it's an actual ticket that you're buying

Like many major events people selling fake tickets, especially last minute, is absolutely a thing

• zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    what is Will Call?

Like many major events people selling fake tickets, especially last minute, is absolutely a thing
    Will call is quite safe, and I believe that these are tickets still available and not scalped.

• BouwsTBouwsT Wanna come to a super soft birthday party? Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    what is Will Call?

Will call is quite safe, and I believe that these are tickets still available and not scalped.

Will Call is absolutely safe, as the tickets picked up here are bought through the venue itself. PAX will often have a ticket re-sale after fraudulent tickets are freed up, and almost exclusively need to be picked up at Will Call. Friend and I did this back in 2014, my first PAX! Coincidentally, also the year I joined these forums!

Between you and me, Peggy, I smoked this Juul and it did UNTHINKABLE things to my mind and body...
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Right I'm not trying to cast doubt on will call tickets for PAX. I was speaking more towards people saying they totally have a ticket for pickup at will call you just need to paypal them $X and they'll give you the info to pick it up

People familiar with will call know that's not usually how it works and that the tickets generally need to be picked up by the actual purchaser of the original tickets

Verbocity asked what will call was though so I thought I'd toss out a warning. Apologies though I should have been more clear and added that what I was saying is be very careful if you're not buying directly from the entity that is actually issuing the tickets or the actual venue itself.