Options

[Steam] Thread: Halfway through the year already? Backlog down or growing?

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Hit Bit wrote:
    Malakaius wrote: »
    Thank you Kiwi for Ni No Kuni 2 Season Pass! That game is sooooooooooooooooo pretty!
    I believe that Studio Ghibli was not involved in this sequel, still this reminded me that today is the 30th anniversary of both My Neighbor Totoro and Grave of the Fireflies (the perfect movie to watch after you have beaten games such as Last Day of June, To The Moon or Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons.

Studio Ghibli as a whole was not, but specific people from Ghibli were involved in the sequel.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    It is a point of pride for me that I'm pretty sure Pixie doesn't have my birthday in her spreadsheet of doom.

July 3rd?

Which one of you squealed?

Probably you.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I'll always have a chip on my shoulder because Pixie didn't have my birthday for the longest time till I just told her what it was because I like to feel included.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »
    Wait, so you guys are telling me that Sega is porting dreamcast games to steam, and they did not start with Skies of Arcadia? :confused:

SEGA is kinda stupid.

The worst thing is they clearly aren't afraid to bring the characters from Skies of Arcadia into other games. I believe two of them showed up in Valkyria Chronicles.

(I never played Skies of Arcadia, but always meant to)

Three, actually

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Calling all Pixies, calling all Pixies... http://www.game-debate.com/news/24919/state-of-decay-2-may-be-coming-to-steam-not-a-windows-store-exclusive @Pixelated Pixie
    The upcoming State of Decay 2 may not exclusive to the Windows Store if a recent PAX East demo is anything to go by.

At the moment, all of Microsoft’s first-party published games that come to PC as part of the Xbox Play Anywhere program are available exclusively to the Windows Store, bar a few rare examples of older games that released before the program was announced, such as Quantum Break and Halo Wars: Definitive Edition.

However, during the PAX East demo of State of Decay 2 that was live streamed, the demo version they were playing comes up with a specific Steam-related error. When the player attempts to connect State of Decay 2 online an error message pops up saying “Login Failed. Unable to connect with Steam. Make sure Steam is running, you are logged in, no other instances are running, then restart the game.”

This clearly implies that Undead Labs’ co-op zombie survival game is attempting to authenticate with the Steam servers; a curious decision if State of Decay 2 is, in fact, exclusive to the Windows Store as we’d previously expected. This raises the possibility that State of Decay 2 is coming to both the Windows 10 Store and Steam.

Thanks to GD'er '30011887' as well, who spotted over on the official State of Decay 2 FAQ that it says:

What about Steam?
    Stay tuned – we’ll have more to share in the future.

We’ll know for sure soon enough. State of Decay 2 is currently pegged to release on May 22nd for PC and Xbox One. Could this be Microsoft’s first flirtation with how successful its Xbox games could be outside of the Windows Store? Is this just an error on Undead Labs’ part, or do you think State of Decay 2 is going to come to Steam, if not now but eventually? Let us know your thoughts!

• Options
    FeriluceFeriluce Adrift on the morning star. Aberdeen, WARegistered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    Mugsley wrote: »
    In celebration of Hellblade kicking ass at the BAFTAs, I'm giving away a copy for Adventure Team members! More people need to play this game!

Giveaway is only through tomorrow (Mon EDT, US) because I have some shift work coming up.

signature.png

Code is a Humble key, if that matters.

Congrats to @Feriluce ! Shoot me a forum PM and I'll send you the key.

Woke up to this. Thank you very much! PM on the way.

XBox Live= LordFeriluce
    Steam: Feriluce
    Battle.net: Feriluce#1995
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    It is a point of pride for me that I'm pretty sure Pixie doesn't have my birthday in her spreadsheet of doom.

July 3rd?

Which one of you squealed?

Probably you.

Indeed. Spawnbroker, you've been on this forum for 12 years. Do you think it's feasible that it was you who squealed on yourself at some point in the past? Something about some great board games you got for your birthday, perhaps? ;)

In other news, Metal Gear Solid V and Ground Zeroes can be had for super cheap over at the Humble Store right now. Because I'm a subscriber to the Monthlies, I got them for $8.08 total! Now I just need to play through Metal Gear Solid 3 and 4 first.

But also before all that, I want to play through Super Metroid on my SNES Classic.

SteevL on
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Yeah, I was informed of that yesterday. I've preordered it through Amazon, but if it shows up as buyable on Steam, I'll totally cancel that order. If it's a "coming someday" thing, I'll just end up buying it twice. There's no way I'm not playing it on May 22. :lol:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Oh man, I've been on this forum for 12 years?!

In other news, I refunded AC: Origins and bought Hive Pocket so we have another abstract game that my SO can beat my ass at every time we play. A happy ending!

Spawnbroker on
    Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Adventures in FF12: The Zodiac Age

Everyone has their second jobs now so I'm actually finding myself short on LP to pick up the good stuff on just about everyone.

Decided to give Trial Mode a shot just after Raithwall and had Vaan set up to just steal the shit out of anything because I'd heard the enemies in Trial had some good stuff. Well on Stage 3 he stole a sword called Karkata. It has 92 Attack Power, 1H, On-Hit Confuse. That's an endgame weapon and I stole it from a cactus. Needless to say Basch appreciates dealing out 2,000 damage a hit to trash mobs.

He's not the one doing the most damage though. Ashe is armed for magical annihilation and she deals it out in spades. I pushed a button in a dungeon and it dropped down something like 20 enemy slimes. I remember those slimes doing a ton of damage to my party in the original version and it being a hard-fought battle. This time though Ashe's multi-enemy activated, cast Fira, and everything was vaporized instantly. If there's a boss with a weakness Ashe will be there to blow it to kingdom come. And she hasn't even gotten all her Magic Lores, Channelings, or big spells.

In fact with those two I decided to push into some more dangerous areas to see what I could grab from treasure chests, because they seem a lot more generous in the Zodiac Age version. A couple run-throughs of Mosphoran Highwastes later and I'd nabbed Vaan (Monk/Archer) a Giant Stonebow and Thief's Cuffs, Ashe (Red/Black) a set of Black Garb and Black Cowl, Penelo (White/Ninja) another set of Black Garb to go with her Main Gauche so enemies can't hit her, and meanwhile Balthier (Uhlan/Time) and Fran (Foe/Machine) sit in the back sucking up LP while being completely useless as intended.

Just finished the Henne Mines part of the story and after cleaning up some Hunts I'll proceed on to Mt Bur-Omurice. Tried my luck with the Esper in the Zertinan Caverns but he kind of ate my party and I had to run Basch (who I control most of the time) out of the zone to save myself. So I'll have to go back later once the crew gets some more levels and maybe equipment.

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular

In other news, I refunded AC: Origins and bought Hive Pocket so we have another abstract game that my SO can beat my ass at every time we play. A happy ending!

Hopefully you can sort out the Uplay authentication thing, then when the next Steam sale rolls around, we'll know what to get you you'll know what to look out for!

• Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »

Hopefully you can sort out the Uplay authentication thing, then when the next Steam sale rolls around, we'll know what to get you you'll know what to look out for!

It will probably be resolved in a few days, but by then I will be getting parenting lessons from Kratos, so...

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular

The important thing is to only comment ocassionally. Then you don't rate as important enough to remember in The List.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »

The important thing is to only comment ocassionally. Then you don't rate as important enough to remember in The List.

That's how my wife does it. She's even mentioned that she keeps her comments to a minimum to avoid being on "The List".

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Soooooo Ghost Recon WIldlands is a fun game.

?.png

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »

That's how my wife does it. She's even mentioned that she keeps her comments to a minimum to avoid being on "The List".

Or, you know, not announce when your birthday is.

• Options
    chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    I don't have birthdays, gonna live forever instead.

• Options
    PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular

And stay the hell out of chat. You know where it says "Here there be Monsters" at the edges of the map? Where do you think they got that from.

• Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    Aaaand @Big Classy strikes again:
    kKLYU40.jpg
    Sega Mega Drive kids unite!
    Isy mentions Gaben, but I am pretty sure I should blame Mal for this:
    5pkN49P.jpg
    Thank you very much, Isy! <3<3<3

• Options
    Poketpixie wrote: »

And stay the hell out of chat. You know where it says "Here there be Monsters" at the edges of the map? Where do you think they got that from.

Chat is a warm, safe, fuzzy place.

And we have cookies.

Come visit!

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Poketpixie wrote: »

Chat is a warm, safe, fuzzy place.

And we have busses.

Come visit!

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Adventures in FF12: The Zodiac Age

Everyone has their second jobs now so I'm actually finding myself short on LP to pick up the good stuff on just about everyone.

Decided to give Trial Mode a shot just after Raithwall and had Vaan set up to just steal the shit out of anything because I'd heard the enemies in Trial had some good stuff. Well on Stage 3 he stole a sword called Karkata. It has 92 Attack Power, 1H, On-Hit Confuse. That's an endgame weapon and I stole it from a cactus. Needless to say Basch appreciates dealing out 2,000 damage a hit to trash mobs.

He's not the one doing the most damage though. Ashe is armed for magical annihilation and she deals it out in spades. I pushed a button in a dungeon and it dropped down something like 20 enemy slimes. I remember those slimes doing a ton of damage to my party in the original version and it being a hard-fought battle. This time though Ashe's multi-enemy activated, cast Fira, and everything was vaporized instantly. If there's a boss with a weakness Ashe will be there to blow it to kingdom come. And she hasn't even gotten all her Magic Lores, Channelings, or big spells.

In fact with those two I decided to push into some more dangerous areas to see what I could grab from treasure chests, because they seem a lot more generous in the Zodiac Age version. A couple run-throughs of Mosphoran Highwastes later and I'd nabbed Vaan (Monk/Archer) a Giant Stonebow and Thief's Cuffs, Ashe (Red/Black) a set of Black Garb and Black Cowl, Penelo (White/Ninja) another set of Black Garb to go with her Main Gauche so enemies can't hit her, and meanwhile Balthier (Uhlan/Time) and Fran (Foe/Machine) sit in the back sucking up LP while being completely useless as intended.

Just finished the Henne Mines part of the story and after cleaning up some Hunts I'll proceed on to Mt Bur-Omurice. Tried my luck with the Esper in the Zertinan Caverns but he kind of ate my party and I had to run Basch (who I control most of the time) out of the zone to save myself. So I'll have to go back later once the crew gets some more levels and maybe equipment.

Anyone else have their vision cloud and see these as mechs rather than JPRG characters?

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    Oh I better check in on the Steam thread wonder what's going o....
    So amazon wishlists are fair game now, eh? Hmmm....

WHAT HAVE Y'ALL DONE?

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    MalakaiusMalakaius KalamazooRegistered User regular
    MuddBudd wrote: »

WHAT HAVE Y'ALL DONE?

NOT MY FAULT! Blame.... uhhh.... @HiT BiT!

PSN: Malakaius- | Steam: Malakaius Switch: SW-4569-5525-1983
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    ... I was going to pick up in a week and a half for myself with birthday Steam credit ...

/checks spreadsheet

Tell me more....

You think I'd make the hunt easier? Besides, I'm pretty sure it's been posted before... I mean, I could tell you exactly when, but where'd the fun be in that?

I will say it's after the Battletech release, though.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    *checks user reviews on Steam for Ys VIII*

Welp, guess I am glad I didn't buy that one! I think I'll be waiting until A.) NIS fixes their shoddy port or B.) I own a PS4.

• Options
    mildlymorbidmildlymorbid Registered User regular
    nNtEDVK.png

PIXIE!

PIXIE-PIX PIXIE PIXIE PIXE PIX!
    • PIXIE
    • PIXIE
    • PIXIE
    • PIX
    • MAL

@Pixelated Pixie

PIXIE!*
    *THANKS!

• Options

WHAT HAVE Y'ALL DONE?

Amazon wishlists have always been fair game. Do ye not remember the transatlantic Shade v. Isy conflict?

• Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    What's the overall thought on Everspace? I got an email from humble saying it was 40% off and I've been wanting a fun space shooter for a bit now. I might pick it up to hold me over til GoW 4 if it's decent.

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    ToyDToyD Registered User regular
    Grove wrote: »
    What's the overall thought on Everspace? I got an email from humble saying it was 40% off and I've been wanting a fun space shooter for a bit now. I might pick it up to hold me over til GoW 4 if it's decent.
    I like it. It’s an interesting one as you can buy upgrades and different ships to kind of alter or boost your starts. These stay with you after you die, so you’re grinding for awhile. It’s a good space shooter but the first few levels can get a little stale because you’ve seen them a lot by the time you have figured enough out, have the right upgrades, and everything aligns to allow you to make the next sector. It also allows you to play a pirate if you wish against neutral dwellers which is fun. I also suggest a controller.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MassenaMassena Registered User regular
    ToyD wrote: »
    Grove wrote: »
    I like it. It’s an interesting one as you can buy upgrades and different ships to kind of alter or boost your starts. These stay with you after you die, so you’re grinding for awhile. It’s a good space shooter but the first few levels can get a little stale because you’ve seen them a lot by the time you have figured enough out, have the right upgrades, and everything aligns to allow you to make the next sector. It also allows you to play a pirate if you wish against neutral dwellers which is fun. I also suggest a controller.

Yeah kind of a rougelike space shooter. I had a fair bit of fun with it before, like ToyD says, I got a little bored with it. I never stopped enjoying it though, just got distracted by new shiny; I plan on going back soonish.

If you're interested and it's a good price, take the plunge. It's a lot of fun for like 15 hours.

• Options
    Madican wrote: »

WHAT HAVE Y'ALL DONE?

Amazon wishlists have always been fair game. Do ye not remember the transatlantic Shade v. Isy conflict?

I wear that watch everyday!

• Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    Wait, so you guys are telling me that Sega is porting dreamcast games to steam, and they did not start with Skies of Arcadia? :confused:

SEGA is kinda stupid.

Porting the probably just as well-loved games that have an actual direct sequel coming to the same platform in the same year seems to me to be the opposite of stupid.

Wait, so you're telling me Sega is developing direct sequels to well-loved dreamcast games for PC in 2018 and they did not start with Skies of Arcadia?

This just keeps getting worse!

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Skies of Arcadia was ported to the Gamecube, and it sold like complete dogshit. Shenmue 3 hit its Kickstarter goal in less than a day.

It's not rocket science, guys.

• Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    Skies of Arcadia was ported to the Gamecube, and it sold like complete dogshit. Shenmue 3 hit its Kickstarter goal in less than a day.

I'm not sure I see your point. :confused:

• Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    So, knowing my ability to retaliate is pretty much broken, @Pixelated Pixie dishonorably sent Phoning Home my way.

Would you find gents retaliate on my behalf against her?

Thanks!

Dissociater on
  • Options
    Lies and slander.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    MAssive massive thank you to @antoshka for Into the Breach but honestly, it was the message that meant so much more and lord knows I needed that <3

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular

SEGA is kinda stupid.

Porting the probably just as well-loved games that have an actual direct sequel coming to the same platform in the same year seems to me to be the opposite of stupid.

Wait, so you're telling me Sega is developing direct sequels to well-loved dreamcast games for PC in 2018 and they did not start with Skies of Arcadia?

This just keeps getting worse!

Sega isn't developing or publishing Shenmue III. Weirdly enough.

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular

I'm not sure I see your point. :confused:

Well, if a shit ton of people kickstarted Shenmue 3, that means that they would probably be interested in trying the first two games in the series, right? The kickstarter also brought a lot of buzz about the franchise to the internet, meaning people might be inclined to buy the first two games, and if they liked them than it stands to reason that they would be more likely to buy the third game.

Skies of Arcadia reviewed well on the Dreamcast (and fairly decently on the Gamecube) but didn't sell very well on either platform.

Sega is a company that is interested in making money, so they are releasing games that they believe will help them make money. Grandia II is a better game than Skies of Arcadia and it is currently available on Steam if you're dead set on playing a DC JRPG on the PC.

This discussion has been closed.