Options

[Steam] Thread: Halfway through the year already? Backlog down or growing?

• Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Well, if a shit ton of people kickstarted Shenmue 3, that means that they would probably be interested in trying the first two games in the series, right?
    Right.
    The kickstarter also brought a lot of buzz about the franchise to the internet, meaning people might be inclined to buy the first two games, and if they liked them than it stands to reason that they would be more likely to buy the third game.
    I'm with you so far.
    Skies of Arcadia reviewed well on the Dreamcast (and fairly decently on the Gamecube) but didn't sell very well on either platform.

Sega is a company that is interested in making money, so they are releasing games that they believe will help them make money.
    Aaaaand you lost me. :confused:
    :wink:
    Grandia II is a better game than Skies of Arcadia and it is currently available on Steam if you're dead set on playing a DC JRPG on the PC.
    Pfft, as if there was any chance I hadn't already bought that game three years ago when it came out on gog.

Ivan Hunger on
  • Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    This has probably been discussed before, but it's the first time I heard of this game, The Swords of Ditto.
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/619780/The_Swords_of_Ditto/

And it looks fantastic. Almost like a Behemoth game. I'm totally sold.

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    vamen wrote: »
    This has probably been discussed before, but it's the first time I heard of this game, The Swords of Ditto.

I think I posted about it here once, but it was probably during a sale. I think I found it due to the discovery queue. Looks really neat!

• Options
    edited April 2018
    SteevL wrote: »
    vamen wrote: »

I think I posted about it here once, but it was probably during a sale. I think I found it due to the discovery queue. Looks really neat!

And it's out next week! I love when I only hear of cool games right before they come out instead of having to wait years.

I usually wait for reviews but I'm tempted to grab it for the pre-order discount.

EDIT - Okay, that's not totally true. I TRY to wait for reviews but I rarely do because I'm weak... =p

vamen on
  • Options
    Drake ChambersDrake Chambers Lay out my formal shorts. Registered User regular
    I've gone back to working on Duskers again and have really been enjoying it, as tense and unforgiving as it is.

Though you lose all your drones and upgrades when you restart, you still retain the ship log data and analysis in each game, so you don't have to go out and complete individual objectives again once they're done. The model is an especially good fit for this game. Each of the more advanced objectives requires a more tailored set of drones and upgrades and I enjoy how my overall objective for a particular run will change depending upon what upgrades I can recover along the way.

So last night was the first in ~40 hours of play that I finally felt like I had the right set of equipment for one of the tougher objectives. I found the target derelict, went about my meticulous process for clearing it, and about halfway through received a warning about a potential asteroid strike. There wasn't any point in trying to rush (I would have needed more time than I had) so I gathered my drones in the cargo hold and waited with my fingers crossed.

It... didn't work out.

It was disappointing but I had to laugh. This is definitely one of those games where you learn from your mistakes and can almost always avoid repeating them in future runs if you're careful. There was no planning for this though.

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    God damn I am enjoying Wildlands so much. I just love the sandbox nature of it. Crazy shit randomly happening but not so much to annoy you. I'm a sucker for Ubisoft open world games I guess. Except Far Cry 5, that one is painful to play.

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »
    God damn I am enjoying Wildlands so much. I just love the sandbox nature of it. Crazy shit randomly happening but not so much to annoy you. I'm a sucker for Ubisoft open world games I guess. Except Far Cry 5, that one is painful to play.

Weird, cause I feel the opposite; Wildlands seems a bit vast and empty, made more for coop than single player. I also had AssCred Origins since launch and despite having a beautiful open world kind of got bored with it (as well as level based spongy enemies which I'm never a fan of). Meanwhile, Far Cry 5 I have fun everytime I drive down a road and a bear attacks while NPC cultists run in front of my speeding truck. It's silly and dumb, but I've been playing it more than any other Ubisoft game this year though can see stopping once I beat single player Also has the best game soundtrack this year IMO.

• Options
    Zavian wrote: »

Weird, cause I feel the opposite; Wildlands seems a bit vast and empty, made more for coop than single player. I also had AssCred Origins since launch and despite having a beautiful open world kind of got bored with it (as well as level based spongy enemies which I'm never a fan of). Meanwhile, Far Cry 5 I have fun everytime I drive down a road and a bear attacks while NPC cultists run in front of my speeding truck. It's silly and dumb, but I've been playing it more than any other Ubisoft game this year though can see stopping once I beat single player Also has the best game soundtrack this year IMO.

The gameplay in Far Cry 5 is fine it's the mechanics of the story stuff that just push me away tbh. I'd probably enjoy it more on pc with better visuals but as of now it's being sidelined, sadly.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    I like Wildlands and Far Cry 5. >.>

But right now, I'm all about Vermintide...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    To be fair, just for fun last night on Steam I abducted a man and castrated him before shipping him off to China, so YMMV as far as my opinions of fun
    m28SuNz.png
    gS38NxG.png

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Grove wrote: »
    What's the overall thought on Everspace? I got an email from humble saying it was 40% off and I've been wanting a fun space shooter for a bit now. I might pick it up to hold me over til GoW 4 if it's decent.

According to isthereanydeal.com, it's a historic low for Everspace.

Also I'm not sure if any of you ever read a book called Ship Breaker, but I would love to have a video game based on the beginning of that book. If said breaking was in space, all the better (but no space zombies or crazy aliens).

• Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    Weee, I just got the space cat's email!
    56Hhzgp.jpg
    Thank you very much @Heroth for The Last Day of June! <3<3<3

• Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »
    I'm still terrible at Dead Cells. I only made it to what used to be the final boss once and it kicked my ass. I haven't played in a few weeks and I'm thinking I'll also just wait to play the final game now.

I was going to get back into it recently, but then read they are re-doing how the forge and upgrading works, so I'm also just going to wait until full release now.

Oh, I might wait as well then. Last I played I was able to reach the King's Hand and get destroyed by that fight.

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Iconoclasts is adorable and smooth but I don't like the way the plot is heading.

"FREEZE! INQUISITION! I'm making it very apparent that you live in a dystopia ruled by a false religion and the last boss is the Pope and possibly God!"

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    Cantido wrote: »
    Iconoclasts is adorable and smooth but I don't like the way the plot is heading.

"FREEZE! INQUISITION! I'm making it very apparent that you live in a dystopia ruled by a false religion and the last boss is the Pope and possibly God!"

Ooooh, I've never heard of this. Looks fun!

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular

You've got my attention...

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    Weee, I just got the space cat's email!
    [/img]https://i.imgur.com/56Hhzgp.jpg[/img]
    Thank you very much @Heroth for The Last Day of June! <3<3<3

I had something similar!

2drwtjcxyeho.jpg

A very big thank you to @Heroth for ABZU!

Which I hear is...
    ...fuckin' rad and everyone should play it.

Who am I to argue?

Cheers! <3

• Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    What's the overall thought on Everspace? I got an email from humble saying it was 40% off and I've been wanting a fun space shooter for a bit now. I might pick it up to hold me over til GoW 4 if it's decent.

Also I'm not sure if any of you ever read a book called Ship Breaker, but I would love to have a video game based on the beginning of that book. If said breaking was in space, all the better (but no space zombies or crazy aliens).

Good to know. I just got my tax return so I think I’ll splurge and pick it up.

Though once Friday comes around, I will be consumed by dad of war

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular

Not sure if you buy stuff off of Steam, but I noticed that Everspace is 50% off over on gog.com. making it $14.99.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Yeah, GoG just launched a whopper of a sale, with something like the 150 most wishlisted games getting substantial discounts.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »

Its a Metroidvania so it should have your attention anyway.

I just hope the game makes that trope interesting like Final Fantasy Tactics or the first Xenoblade. I find it tiresome otherwise.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Iolo wrote: »
    Yeah, GoG just launched a whopper of a sale, with something like the 150 most wishlisted games getting substantial discounts.

I saw them mention this in an email but i was thinking id have to wait for next week since my email said frostpunk and battletech, because those dont launch until apr 24.

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »

Not sure if you buy stuff off of Steam, but I noticed that Everspace is 50% off over on gog.com. making it $14.99.

Oops, yeah, that's what I get for not clarifying. isthereanydeal.com watches major retailer sites such as Steam, Humble, GOG, Chrono.gg, and a few others; so the GOG price is the best at the moment.

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »

Its a Metroidvania so it should have your attention anyway.

I just hope the game makes that trope interesting like Final Fantasy Tactics or the first Xenoblade. I find it tiresome otherwise.

Well, I mean, it's in the name of the game. Iconoclasts kind of explains it all, doesn't it?

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    The Surge is on sale right now for £13 and it's awful tempting but my luck with Darks Souls-like games is bad. Not sure if I could justify it. Not to mention the usual "ugh I have too many games already!" thing.

• Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular

iconoclast

/ʌɪˈkɒnəklast/

noun: iconoclast; plural noun: iconoclasts

1. a person who attacks or criticizes cherished beliefs or institutions.

2. a destroyer of images used in religious worship, in particular:

•historical
    a supporter of the 8th- and 9th-century movement in the Byzantine Church which sought to abolish the veneration of icons and other religious images.

•historical
    a Puritan of the 16th or 17th century.

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    /grumble grumble

Fuck your "regional price differences" limitation on gifting, Steam. Seriously. :evil:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    /grumble grumble

Fuck your "regional price differences" limitation on gifting, Steam. Seriously. :evil:

Aaaaahahaha! :lol:

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    So apparently Conan Exiles is launching in about a month. How has that one gone? I'm always interested in seeing how Early Access has treated games; it's an odd beast, allowing people to play the game before it's done, and it doesn't always work for the best.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    /grumble grumble

Aaaaahahaha! :lol:

:twisted:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    I FREAKIGN KNEW IT!

XljKGaw.png

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »
    To be fair, just for fun last night on Steam I abducted a man and castrated him before shipping him off to China, so YMMV as far as my opinions of fun
    m28SuNz.png
    gS38NxG.png

Yeah but let's be fair you did it for an achievement.

Basil on the other hand would have done it just because the option existed. He'd have followed up with exterminating the entirety of the noble's family line, grinding the corpses into bread, feeding the peasants with it, then turning the entirety of their land holdings into future brothels or meateries. As a start.

• Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    Did...did you take a screenshot of snipping tool after using snipping tool to take a screenshot of...

*brain explodes*

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    This thread is full of bear pokers.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    I'm leaving that image as is, it's better this way. And thanks @Pixelated Pixie for The Surge! But mainly for giving me a reason to gift back!
    Like we need reasons in here!

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    This thread is full of bear pokers.

It's a game in itself to see if you can poke the bear in such a way that the bear goes after the other people poking it than you.

• Options
    TetraRayTetraRay Registered User regular
    I FREAKIGN KNEW IT!
    XljKGaw.png

Ahhhhh!! I forgot how much I missed these! Welcome back Isy!

Steam ID: TetraRay
  • Options
    JfNeKBy.png

Someone say bear?

Thanks @Big Classy for Shroud of the Avatar! <3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Did...did you take a screenshot of snipping tool after using snipping tool to take a screenshot of...

*brain explodes*

Look I just needed that section of chat and it worked fine dammit :lol:

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    PUBG needs velociraptors

Going through each level of this carrier and saving because of bullshit reapers/cryssalids

#xenonauts

This discussion has been closed.