As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Steam] Thread: Halfway through the year already? Backlog down or growing?

• LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    I don't know what you're talking about. no gifting going on here :tell_me_more:

• davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
  • davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Company of Heroes 2 - Whale and Dolphin Conservation Charity Pattern Pack Just some skins for a game I don't play, and for your peace of mind I crank the slider for charity up to 11 on Humble Bundle.

Loading...?

• BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Thank you for Ticket to Ride @Sumanai ! I have a group of co-workers and we play some games during lunch every week and I want to try and see if this will work for us.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Alright it turns out that F1 2015 was the one that was free, which is good, because F1 2011 (how do I own this?) doesn't actually work in multiplayer and won't even launch unless you remove the GFWL files included in the install and replace them with a hacked version.

But F1 2015 is pretty rad, does anyone want to play some multiplayer at some point? A Steam Thread rally would be great.

• SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Forgot to add that I also have an inventory gift copy of Contraption Maker up for grabs. If you remember the Incredible Machine games from 20+ years ago, it's from the same creators. Again, just shoot me a PM and it's yours.
    Sumanai wrote: »
    I've been saving spare keys for way too long and never get to do anything with them so I figured I should just give them away at once, and what better place than the Steam thread.
    Some of these are really old, so I'm only 90% sure that the keys are still valid meaning it's possible that a few of them are already redeemed/expired and I apologize in advance if some of them are invalid.

If you see anything that looks interesting, either for yourself, a friend or a loved one, feel free to just send me a PM with the name of the game(s) and I'll hook you up.
    Please take these away from me, Steam thread denizens!

GAMES
    DLCs

Sumanai on
    camo_sig2.png
    Forgot to add that I also have an inventory gift copy of Contraption Maker up for grabs. If you remember the Incredible Machine games from 20+ years ago, it's from the same creators. Again, just shoot me a PM and it's yours.
    I've been saving spare keys for way too long and never get to do anything with them so I figured I should just give them away at once, and what better place than the Steam thread.
    Some of these are really old, so I'm only 90% sure that the keys are still valid meaning it's possible that a few of them are already redeemed/expired and I apologize in advance if some of them are invalid.

If you see anything that looks interesting, either for yourself, a friend or a loved one, feel free to just send me a PM with the name of the game(s) and I'll hook you up.
    Please take these away from me, Steam thread denizens!

GAMES
    DLCs

Oh my God. I never knew this game existed!!! I loved TIM when I was a kid and had to rebuy them all from GoG long ago. While I was playing them I wished someone would bring out an updated version. Guess I should have payed attention to the gaming world more when this launched.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Betsuni wrote: »

Oh my God. I never knew this game existed!!! I loved TIM when I was a kid and had to rebuy them all from GoG long ago. While I was playing them I wished someone would bring out an updated version. Guess I should have payed attention to the gaming world more when this launched.

You should accept my friend request. :wink:

(I'm about to call it a night, I'll save it for you)

Sumanai on
    camo_sig2.png
    You are more than awesome.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Alright it turns out that F1 2015 was the one that was free, which is good, because F1 2011 (how do I own this?) doesn't actually work in multiplayer and won't even launch unless you remove the GFWL files included in the install and replace them with a hacked version.

But F1 2015 is pretty rad, does anyone want to play some multiplayer at some point? A Steam Thread rally would be great.

I'm in. A group would be ideal, and a bunch of people should have it due to it being free... hint hint, guys :wink:

Sounds like a good FNG idea, actually. I'd just request an earlier than normal start time if at all possible for UK folks (if there's anyone except me) to get in on it.

edited April 2018

I'm a terrible driver, but yes, I'd totally be down. Maybe @Jazz too?

edit: oh sure, fine, ghost me all day Jazz.

davidsdurions on
    I are haunty ghost racing driver. :)

• DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »

I'm in. A group would be ideal, and a bunch of people should have it due to it being free... hint hint, guys :wink:

Sounds like a good FNG idea, actually. I'd just request an earlier than normal start time if at all possible for UK folks (if there's anyone except me) to get in on it.

Would love to join in some forum racing. Saddly, the current state of my internet is on the "this shit sucks, yo" side, at least until I get a proper wireless router.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Drovek wrote: »

Would love to join in some forum racing. Saddly, the current state of my internet is on the "this shit sucks, yo" side, at least until I get a proper wireless router.

If I'm around for it, count me in. Provided I have the game.

Big Classy wrote: »

Doesn't look like it. Did you not grab the freebie last month? :(

Apparently not. Where was it free?

• SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Humble Store

Humble, for a couple of days, and those keys expired after a couple of weeks.

I don't know if anyone might still have a non-expiring key from the full-on F1 bundle they did late last year. I gave my 2015 key to someone back then, I'm afraid.

• JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    It’s still $30 on Steam... so you could always buy it if you needed, I suppose.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
    edited April 2018
    At this point it's really not worth that, even for Steam thread multi shenanigans. Might as well just buy 2017, or even 2016, both of which are significantly superior games.

Although in this scenario that defeats the point.

Jazz on
    I'll play any of them with friends. Except 2011, because it does not work.

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I thought that Steam had put prohibitions on things like this, but there's one of those fanservice-y visual novels that just came out that has over 1800 achievements in it.

DarkPrimus wrote: »
    I thought that Steam had put prohibitions on things like this, but there's one of those fanservice-y visual novels that just came out that has over 1800 achievements in it.

I think there are still ones with more on there... and yes, Steam really needs to do something about them.

steam_sig.png
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I think it's the card stuff Valve cares about, but I dunno

They wanted to start cracking down more on the games that were clearly not games in any real capacity. Some of those achievement games were literally nothing but a constant flood fo achievements. I thought hey had capped the total number a game could have, but they might have just been considering it. If the VN game is an actual VN that's probably why it's escaped the reaping.

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    LD50 wrote: »
    They wanted to start cracking down more on the games that were clearly not games in any real capacity. Some of those achievement games were literally nothing but a constant flood fo achievements. I thought hey had capped the total number a game could have, but they might have just been considering it. If the VN game is an actual VN that's probably why it's escaped the reaping.

One of the two reviews up for the game says you can beat it in like 15 minutes.

It probably won't stay on the store then.

• Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    Completed Slime-san! Probably my favorite twitch-platformer yet, but I haven't played Celeste yet so

Humble, for a couple of days, and those keys expired after a couple of weeks.

I don't know if anyone might still have a non-expiring key from the full-on F1 bundle they did late last year. I gave my 2015 key to someone back then, I'm afraid.

@Jazz got me covered on this! Nice one mate, thanks for the key! Installing it right now!!

• AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    After 7h of Frostpunk, I can say this:

Playing this game stresses me out.

There is not a moment of rest, every minute is a fight for survival, and every crisis can wipe your city out.

I am propably going to be crying when I inevitably lose, but right now, my people are alive and that's whats important.

Asthariel on
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    God of War is amazing and where did the weekend go

• SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Mai-Kero wrote: »
    Completed Slime-san! Probably my favorite twitch-platformer yet, but I haven't played Celeste yet so

I played a few levels of that a couple of months ago and it seemed neat. I got it as part of a Humble Monthly. Unfortunately, I never got back to it.

• Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Which is more likely in 2018, a furry battle royal game getting announced or a star wars battle royal game getting announced?

Star Ways battle royale seems like it would be more of a DLC for Battlefront.

Furry battle royale game would likely come from an indie studio that hopefully has enough experience writing netcode.

Space opera themed furry battle royale game is also possible.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    I was thinking star wars with all those criminal factions, and a few bad clones, all dropped somewhere for the hutts' entertainment

Furry battle royal gets interesting when you start questioning what sort of target profiles you want. Mass = weight limit and mobility ala brink

There will be xenonaut victory this weekend.

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Cathar exist, there's no reason the Star Wars battle royale game can't also count as the furry battle royale

• VikingViking Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    many Bothans skydive onto an island to steal data vital to the rebellion, only 1 can survive
    its even lore consistent

Viking on
    steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Nier Automata is on sale again for 50% off!

The game play, music and characters are really good.

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
    Me: Oh, hey, I have enough to pick up Neverwinter Enhanced for an early birthday present! I'll just log on and...

Steam: Oh, hi! Your ESO sub renewed last night and we took most of the money out of your account! You've got nowhere near enough for it!

Me: ...well, I suppose I can go grind more in FF Relic Keeper...

I thought I had another week or so on that, yeesh. Oh well, I'll get it Thursday. Apparently there's a surprise party being planned.

steam_sig.png
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    I played Conan this weekend.

The weekend went by entirely too fast.

I <3 this game. Latest patch only made it 10x more great. Its previously weakest point (the horrible janky weird combat) was completely redone and is now super enjoyable.

It's so good that it made me forget to play ESO. During a double-XP event. Oops.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • FleebFleeb has all of the fleeb juice Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    I'll have to try Conan again. I played for quite a bit but got really turned off by the combat jank, and I gave up altogether when they introduced the "running sheaths your weapon" bit of design brilliance. It's like... a game I really want to like, but it really seemed like the devs were doing everything in their power to make me not like it.

Fleeb on
This discussion has been closed.