Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

PbF Unicornus Knights - Are you a bad enough dude to escort the princess?

1246713

Posts

  • DaemonisDaemonis Registered User regular
    All depends on the "move her to the road" part as at this point, she won't move back to the road on her own unless all other paths are blocked, I believe.
    Lets say I know how to do it on my turn :)

    NotoriusBEN
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    At least we dont need to worry about Gato for a while. Just have him Hulk out and kill the Moon Priest and the chancellor on the left side.

    I cant figure out the specifics, but I dont need to move yet, though I need to send away troops and get resources to move next turn to keep near enough the princess to heal her if needed.

    Going against the Abyss Prince would cut out a bunch of troops we have now, and make us lean enough to push through this area. And it helps us because 1 less enemy in the Emperor's favor.

    Is the black drake everyone's use, or just Zyne's.
    If its everyone's we need to get Zyne in a city for logistics duty.
    If its just his, he is going to be the hammer of our marching.

    Our problem right now is we are split and unable to reinforce either side atm, or being able to funnel many resources into one character.

    Drake is just mine.

    Elvenshae
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    At least we dont need to worry about Gato for a while. Just have him Hulk out and kill the Moon Priest and the chancellor on the left side.

    That's my current plan, yes.

    omgbfz5lzi1s.png
    Steam: Elvenshae // PSN: Elvenshae // WotC: Elvenshae
    The Disappearance of Inigo Sharpe: Tomas à Dunsanin
  • NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    Ok, so we do have the capacity to push Princess Cornelia towards the temple of the moon, yes?
    And are we ok with losing troops?

    If so:

    GODFREID TURN 2
    Bad weather, -1action
    1. Send All troops to Annelie, lose whatever she cant hold.
    2. Draw a support card.


    This will let me move through the mountains next turn and set myself up for fighting the remnants of the Moon temple and start pushing against Ravinia's undead horde, as well as be in position to heal Gato/Princess or move to the Temple and be our next supply captain.

    I do want to be able to push Annelie towards the front with Gato and Zyne so she can stack more dice on them, eventually.

    notoriusben_zpsa205e831.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited April 13
    GATO, Turn 2
    1. Move NE 1 square

    I have moved adjacent to the dark priest; Fate me, @MrBody !

    Elvenshae on
    omgbfz5lzi1s.png
    Steam: Elvenshae // PSN: Elvenshae // WotC: Elvenshae
    The Disappearance of Inigo Sharpe: Tomas à Dunsanin
  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Ok, so we do have the capacity to push Princess Cornelia towards the temple of the moon, yes?
    And are we ok with losing troops?

    If so:

    GODFREID TURN 2
    Bad weather, -1action
    1. Send All troops to Annelie, lose whatever she cant hold.
    2. Draw a support card.


    This will let me move through the mountains next turn and set myself up for fighting the remnants of the Moon temple and start pushing against Ravinia's undead horde, as well as be in position to heal Gato/Princess or move to the Temple and be our next supply captain.

    I do want to be able to push Annelie towards the front with Gato and Zyne so she can stack more dice on them, eventually.

    Troops are not trivial to get back, you just threw away 2 future actions basically along with one now

    Magic Box
    Academician Prokhor "Phyphor" Zakharov, Chief Scientist of China, Provost of the University of Planet - SE++ Megagame
    NotoriusBEN
  • NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    Im aware of that. But it doesnt help us if we spend 3 turns gathering trying to get out of/around the mountains with a full roster or run the risk of the princess getting away from us on her death march.

    I would have sent them to you, but you are too far away.

    At least now I can move for free, and set up to take a hit or hold position if needed and someone can send their troops/resources to me if they need to.

    Annelie can focus on getting zyne through to fight Ravinia with the Mage as support, if the mage takes damage, I can heal that as long as he's in Ravinia's area.

    notoriusben_zpsa205e831.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Movement always costs 1 so there's little reason to send away the last one unless you are moving into expensive terrain

    I don't really want troops as I'm way more effective not having any

    Magic Box
    Academician Prokhor "Phyphor" Zakharov, Chief Scientist of China, Provost of the University of Planet - SE++ Megagame
  • MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    GATO, Turn 2
    1. Move NE 1 square

    I have moved adjacent to the dark priest; Fate me, @MrBody !

    Loyal Soldier
    No effect

  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    MrBody wrote: »
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    GATO, Turn 2
    1. Move NE 1 square

    I have moved adjacent to the dark priest; Fate me, @MrBody !

    Loyal Soldier
    No effect

    Hisss!

    GATO, Turn 2
    2: Attack the Evil Priest

    I'm rolling 5 dice against 4 enemy soldiers and the Evil Priest (CP: 2); they have no tile defense. I'll play support card Charge! to add 2 dice, so 7 dice against 4 enemies. 4+ is a hit, 3, is a miss, and 1,2 is a potential hit to me.

    Geth, roll 7d6


    7d6 30 [7d6=5, 3, 4, 3, 6, 3, 6]

    omgbfz5lzi1s.png
    Steam: Elvenshae // PSN: Elvenshae // WotC: Elvenshae
    The Disappearance of Inigo Sharpe: Tomas à Dunsanin
  • MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    4 hits then, no wounds.

    You rolled 3 more dice than enemy soldiers, so you can assign up to 3 dice on the priest. Where you want to assign the hits is up to you (no more than 3 on priest though).

  • MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    I was just thinking today how this game would be ripe for a hidden traitor mechanic :D

  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Hits: 5, 4, 6, 6
    Misses: 3, 3, 3

    So, making sure I understand this, I assign those dice to the opponents? At least 1 per each?

    omgbfz5lzi1s.png
    Steam: Elvenshae // PSN: Elvenshae // WotC: Elvenshae
    The Disappearance of Inigo Sharpe: Tomas à Dunsanin
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited April 14
    In that case, I assign the three misses to the Priest, and I wipe out the troops, leaving the Priest by himself.

    Then, I play Quick Reflexes to gain 1 action, and attack the Priest again.

    Geth, roll 5d6

    5d6 15 [5d6=3, 3, 2, 5, 2]

    Elvenshae on
    omgbfz5lzi1s.png
    Steam: Elvenshae // PSN: Elvenshae // WotC: Elvenshae
    The Disappearance of Inigo Sharpe: Tomas à Dunsanin
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Damn. One hit on the Priest. Blech. Also assign 1 miss, and then the fails go off into the ether.

    That ends my turn.

    omgbfz5lzi1s.png
    Steam: Elvenshae // PSN: Elvenshae // WotC: Elvenshae
    The Disappearance of Inigo Sharpe: Tomas à Dunsanin
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    @Phyphor

    The hermit is up.

    omgbfz5lzi1s.png
    Steam: Elvenshae // PSN: Elvenshae // WotC: Elvenshae
    The Disappearance of Inigo Sharpe: Tomas à Dunsanin
  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Move NW and pew pew one of dorgas's soldiers

    Magic Box
    Academician Prokhor "Phyphor" Zakharov, Chief Scientist of China, Provost of the University of Planet - SE++ Megagame
  • DaemonisDaemonis Registered User regular
    @MrBody I need a card

  • MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    In that case, I assign the three misses to the Priest, and I wipe out the troops, leaving the Priest by himself.

    Then, I play Quick Reflexes to gain 1 action, and attack the Priest again.

    Geth, roll 5d6

    1s & 2s are wounds for Gato. You take 2 damage.

  • DaemonisDaemonis Registered User regular
    Guidance: Move the princess 1 space without cost SW to the road
    Send 2 support cards to Zyne

    I forgot that I can't send resources too far, so we have to do it this way
    @cj iwakura

  • PredaPreda Registered User regular
    MrBody wrote: »
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    In that case, I assign the three misses to the Priest, and I wipe out the troops, leaving the Priest by himself.

    Then, I play Quick Reflexes to gain 1 action, and attack the Priest again.

    Geth, roll 5d6

    1s & 2s are wounds for Gato. You take 2 damage.

    Nope. Unless he wants to. You're never forced to assign dice to an enemy character. He just need to assign 2 dices to stop the priest from damaging him (2 power), than he can discard all the other dices.

    Elvenshae
  • MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Oh, son of a. I didn't realize they only counted if they were applied.

    Elvenshae
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The GardenRegistered User regular
    So the plan is to move NE and support Zyne?

    9LlOwgn.png
    Well, good morning. Welcome to the new scenario. What should we do today?
  • DaemonisDaemonis Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    So the plan is to move NE and support Zyne?
    You would not have resources to support if you move

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The GardenRegistered User regular
    Daemonis wrote: »
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    So the plan is to move NE and support Zyne?
    You would not have resources to support if you move

    I can't support unless I'm adjacent, right?

    9LlOwgn.png
    Well, good morning. Welcome to the new scenario. What should we do today?
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    If we want the princess to keep moving west, I have to stay where I am this turn don’t I?

    I should be able to start moving on next turn but if I move, I think the princess just gets stuck in the mountains again

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The GardenRegistered User regular
    Maybe I should send the troops to Zyne, then I'll have the resources to move NE unhindered?

    9LlOwgn.png
    Well, good morning. Welcome to the new scenario. What should we do today?
  • DaemonisDaemonis Registered User regular
    If you move NE, you block princess's path.

  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited April 14
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    So the plan is to move NE and support Zyne?

    Zyne doesn't need support. You're in the best position to collect and send resources. I would say send at least 3 to the princess to let her fight the 4 soldiers next to you this turn and maybe some to zyne

    Phyphor on
    Magic Box
    Academician Prokhor "Phyphor" Zakharov, Chief Scientist of China, Provost of the University of Planet - SE++ Megagame
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The GardenRegistered User regular
    Can I send troops to multiple people in one turn without expending an action, or is the free action only for one recipient?

    9LlOwgn.png
    Well, good morning. Welcome to the new scenario. What should we do today?
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Daemonis wrote: »
    If you move NE, you block princess's path.

    Ok, then my plan is one move NE, then two actions collecting just to beef up my resources as much as possible. Ideally, next turn I can get out of mountains, but we'll see.

  • NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Can I send troops to multiple people in one turn without expending an action, or is the free action only for one recipient?

    I think you can only send 1 batch of troops and resources per 1 action.

    sending to two separate generals takes 2 actions.

    I'm thinking I should have taken the logistics merchant right about now :P

    notoriusben_zpsa205e831.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    CJ can send for 0 actions. The way I read it it sounds like it would be unlimited

    Magic Box
    Academician Prokhor "Phyphor" Zakharov, Chief Scientist of China, Provost of the University of Planet - SE++ Megagame
    Elvenshae
  • NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    oh! that's even better then. if that's the case, I should have another action.

    notoriusben_zpsa205e831.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • DaemonisDaemonis Registered User regular
    Daemonis wrote: »
    If you move NE, you block princess's path.

    Ok, then my plan is one move NE, then two actions collecting just to beef up my resources as much as possible. Ideally, next turn I can get out of mountains, but we'll see.
    First, you have only two actions, second, if you move, princess will move to mountains

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    I have 3, because I always have an extra action (that's my skill).

    I must have read your post wrong, I thought you were telling me moving NE is fine. My original plan was not moving at all, and just resource collecting.
    oh! that's even better then. if that's the case, I should have another action.

    Only CJ gets to send for free, that's his character skill.

  • DaemonisDaemonis Registered User regular
    IMy original plan was not moving at all, and just resource collecting.
    That's a good plan :) But you two should provide some resources to pricesss so that she moves and attacks

  • NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    I have 3, because I always have an extra action (that's my skill).

    I must have read your post wrong, I thought you were telling me moving NE is fine. My original plan was not moving at all, and just resource collecting.
    oh! that's even better then. if that's the case, I should have another action.

    Only CJ gets to send for free, that's his character skill.

    ah, right you are. ok then im good where i am then, and ready to healbot.

    also, take note that for all our trying to keep the princess from harm, she is the warrior variant in our game. she can take 2hits without worrying about spending troops or her health to negate the damage, so its something to keep in mind that we can have her fight as well.

    notoriusben_zpsa205e831.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
    Elvenshae
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Rogue The GardenRegistered User regular
    Well, if it's unlimited(which seems kind of OP...), I'll do it twice. If not, just once. Please clarify, @MrBody ?

    9LlOwgn.png
    Well, good morning. Welcome to the new scenario. What should we do today?
  • MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    edited April 15
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Can I send troops to multiple people in one turn without expending an action, or is the free action only for one recipient?

    I'd say you can send multiple. Doesn't seem OP since you still have the limited soldiers/supplies and no other abilities to collect more than usual.

    MrBody on
    Elvenshae
Sign In or Register to comment.