Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Let's talk about a family Friendly Pax

2»

• mayapplemayapple Registered User regular
    Also, right near the BCEC is the Children's museum. Its amazing. One of the best. They are part of the reciprocal programs for our local one, so its free to me. We used it as an indoor playground for the kiddos.

e6txb8m8cavf.png

• DominoDomino Keizen Mikazuki New York, NYRegistered User regular
    I was actually thinking PAX has become too family friendly, give me back my after hours board games and drinks at the Westin and let me get beer in the expo hall again :?

tFh5HdJ.png
    nsane
  • jdixon1972jdixon1972 Registered User regular
    Please correct me if i'm wrong, but Domino, that had nothing to do with being family friendly. The Westin still let's people play board games, but the spaces offered are more restricted now due to the shear size that PAX East has become. They also have to deal with more events happening at the same time. Beer in the expo hall (and i'm assuming you're also referring to the bar at the food court) was stopped because certain people can't control their liqueur consumption, thus ruining it for the rest of us!

Sleep
  • mayapplemayapple Registered User regular
    Domino wrote: »
    I was actually thinking PAX has become too family friendly, give me back my after hours board games and drinks at the Westin and let me get beer in the expo hall again :?

I know this was meant in jest, but this made me sad. One, I’m sad that you don’t get drinks and play games into the wee hours and two, that it’s implied that because one has kids they can’t do this.

I for one spend every night enjoying myself and gaming on the second floor overlook of the aloft lol. The Westin is too loud/crowed. The aloft staff was amazing last year with allowing the use of their spaces. Come join us if you’d like.

As a mom and a responsible parent, this does mean I have to plan and prep for that. I hire a sitter for evenings. Put my kids to bed, bring a monitor, then go play etc. Again, taking kids to these things, just like any trip or gaming night at home even, requires a bit more planning.

e6txb8m8cavf.png

2»