As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Reunited [Souls] Thread

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    From what I remember, the boss right before that is supposed to be the challenging one.

I did 2, 4, 5, 1, 3. So my "last bosses" were
    maneater(s) and the player invasion. Both felt super easy. Maybe I rolled lucky on which player I had.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    im glad i could ruin the experience for u by unlocking the curse of +5 sharp...

also congrats, historic dub bossman, etc

4b6v8hsgbjwh.png

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Yeah thanks for coming and watching @surrealitycheck :) . Afterwards I played MMX4 for a friend because I haven't played it before.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
  • Options
    I'd really love a bloodborne PC release just so I can play a bloodborne randomizer. I hope they announce whatever they're doing with Bloodborne in relation to the HD patch or whatever soon.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    There's already Bloodborne mods though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8W0Cnivzo-0

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Don't I have to hack my console to run those though? Not about that :(

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Could probably just buy a pre-hacked one just for that.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Merry Bloodmas, everybuddy!

May the paleblood preserve us all, grant us eyes and open the eldritch truth to us all.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    FOR WE ARE BORN OF THE BLOOD

AND UNDONE THE SAME

GRANT US EYES

WE WHO KNOW YOUR NAME

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cA70nDp23Is

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    So this break i decided to rerun DS2.

Get to the Iron Keep and see SOTFS is 10 bucks standalone. So I get it.

Long story short, its uninstalled and I'm continuing my dark build in vanilla DS2.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    i plowed through the remainder of DS2 NG+ after slogging through shrine of amana

the rest is relatively runnable

upgraded a rapier to get through the next challenge: killing an NG+7 Rotten like 15 times

• Options
    edited January 2021
    NG+7 Rotten

tiny, weak kitten, less a threat than your own greed and poor judgment

NG++ drakekeeper phantom

unstoppable force, fast, precise, apparently capable of overcoming speedrun save and quit reset tech by simply choosing not to reset or drop aggro upon reload

Elendil on
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Played a bit of Bloodborne co-op with @Naphtali NYE and I would gladly pay like $20 for an optimization patch. The frame drops in Forbidden Woods even on my PS4 Pro are absolutely brutal

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Just play the game with 10 FPS like I do, you just need more insight

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    HeraldSHeraldS Registered User regular
    I decided to do a fresh run through Dark Souls and to avoid builds I'd done before. It's gonna be an assassin, I guess? I picked thief as my starting class.

30 VIT
    19 ATT
    40 END
    14 STR
    40 DEX
    16 INT

5 spell slots, enough STR to use katanas, enough INT to use the cloaking spells and Great Magic Weapon, two relatively free ring slots, and done at lvl99.

Bandit Knife/ Uchi
    Heater Shield/ Oocaile Wand
    Thief's Gear
    Wolf Ring
    Hornet/ Wood Grain/ whatever

So far, so good. Parrying is an acquired skill but it's oh so satisfying when you land one.

• Options
    AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    I'm on my second playthrough of Demon's Souls and I would like magic weapon recommendations! I've been pumping Int and Magic and having a grand old time but am not sure what to do for the weapon. I hear the phosphorescent pole is good but has the same moveset as the mirdan hammer which I used for my first playthrough, so variety'd be nice. Any recommendations for a good build? I'm trying to get all the trophies and this is my run to get all the spells. I'm getting close! Just need all the spells and all the rings, I think.

I just finished my play through as a straight up magic user, was 50MAG/40INT/20VIT; I did wooden catalyst left hand and Kris in the right hand. For melee/magic regen I used crescent falchion +5 and for when rolling wasnt an option or just less than ideal, I carried a heater shield and then replaced it with the shade heater shield for extra magic resistance.

Even as a Royal the initial difficulty was uh rough since after I did 1-1 I went straight to 4-1 to get the falchion and those silver skeletons just kept stuffing me, my route was pretty much get falchion, get kris, free sage, clear an archstone free yuria then go about rest of my business.

Was nice to finally beat the game after all these years, I still have my OG copy from the ps3 days but I bounced off it hard around the tower knight, I definitely was not keen on the idea of the game at the time as I remember thinking it was going to be much of a classic sword and board dungeon diving game.

• Options
    UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    Butters wrote: »
    Played a bit of Bloodborne co-op with @Naphtali NYE and I would gladly pay like $20 for an optimization patch. The frame drops in Forbidden Woods even on my PS4 Pro are absolutely brutal

Make sure boost mode is on. My friend was complaining a lot about drops and that helped.

Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • Options
    UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    I finally platinumed Bloodborne with the DLC.

Took me five years and three play throughs.

They still sending out that theme to people who platinum?

Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Since I already know Demon's Souls so-and-so from watching an LP a couple years back I decided to allow myself to have a look at the trophies.

This seems to be a terrible platinum to try for even by From Software standards.

Not gonna happen I think.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    Honk wrote: »
    Since I already know Demon's Souls so-and-so from watching an LP a couple years back I decided to allow myself to have a look at the trophies.

This seems to be a terrible platinum to try for even by From Software standards.

it seems relatively easy

• Options
    Elendil wrote: »

it seems relatively easy

I'm thinking about the ones where
    You need to do specific weird things like beat Adjudicator without staggering and beat another boss with a specific NPC helper. I don't remember those bosses or NPC's in particular but those situations seem easy to fuck up unless you do everything in the right order, protect your npc's etc.

Sekiro and even Bloodborne seem easier in the way that you can't really miss them, can make steady progress and do them in few NG's if you backup your save.

• Options

it seems relatively easy

You need to do specific weird things like beat Adjudicator without staggering and beat another boss with a specific NPC helper. I don't remember those bosses or NPC's in particular but those situations seem easy to fuck up unless you do everything in the right order, protect your npc's etc.

Sekiro and even Bloodborne seem easier in the way that you can't really miss them, can make steady progress and do them in few NG's if you backup your save.
    they are extremely easy

ps5 demon's is maybe the easiest platinum of the bunch to get, as it requires little in terms of NG+ cycles or grinding

the DS3 plat requires a full NG+ run and maxing nearly every covenant

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    DS3 plat required you going to NG+2 for all the rings

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    From what I remember, the boss right before that is supposed to be the challenging one.

I did 2, 4, 5, 1, 3. So my "last bosses" were
    maneater(s) and the player invasion. Both felt super easy. Maybe I rolled lucky on which player I had.

The penultimate boss is supposed to be
    the False King Allant.

Everything after that is a denouement.
    The True King is supposed to be pitiful. It's all that his desire and greed reduced him to, a pathetic shadow of his former self.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular

they are extremely easy

ps5 demon's is maybe the easiest platinum of the bunch to get, as it requires little in terms of NG+ cycles or grinding

the DS3 plat requires a full NG+ run and maxing nearly every covenant

I suppose this distinction relies on how you play and what you find challenging, as well as what value you place on time. If multiple NG+ cycles or grinding are "hard" because you don't have the time. On the other hand, having the right NPCs alive or using very specific tactics on bosses might be easy if your playstyle is pliable, but if for example you're supposed to beat a boss without stunning them and your main build is made to stunlock, you suddenly need to find a whole new way to confront the challenge. You might even mess something up regardless of your prep and then have to play an NG+ and hope to get it next time.

Basically, if time is an issue, then older games are harder to platinum, if very specific circumstances and the ability to prep for them and carry them out without fail is an issue, Demon's Souls on PS5 would totally be an issue instead.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    no, demon's on ps5 is just pretty easy

most of the stunt cheevos aren't particularly difficult to do and the NPC questline requirements are straightforward if you know ahead of time

you can't google grinding silver knights for four hours

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    no, demon's on ps5 is just pretty easy

most of the stunt cheevos aren't particularly difficult to do and the NPC questline requirements are straightforward if you know ahead of time

you can't google grinding silver knights for four hours

Yes, but grinding silver knights is easy.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    This bigger 2H sword in Mortal Shell is pretty amazing.

• Options
    edited January 2021
    I didn’t do the DS3 so I don’t remember it perfectly. But compared to like Sekiro’s anyway - it’s straightforward. Two playthroughs with two instances of savegame backup, essentially one quest line for npc, then grind the rest.

Seems like there’s a lot of stunt trophies here to get wrong along the way forcing another NG. And tendency trickery required for items I assume.

I might be wrong it just seems like a lot of systems to fuck up in a moment of weakness.

Honk on
  • Options
    I didn’t do the DS3 so I don’t remember it perfectly. But compared to like Sekiro’s anyway - it’s straightforward. Two playthroughs with two instances of savegame backup, essentially one quest line for npc, then grind the rest.

Seems like there’s a lot of stunt trophies here to get wrong along the way forcing another NG. And tendency trickery required for items I assume.

I might be wrong it just seems like a lot of systems to fuck up in a moment of weakness.
    you'll have to play through with intentionality but i don't think that's a particularly onerous requirement

it's a really short game - shorter than most souls games even - so doing like, a burner playthrough on your first run and then another run on another file is pretty whatever imo

i just got done wrapping up DS2's plat and it was, all told, about an additional 20 hours on a very, very thorough file that had already completed NG+. about 7-8 of those were pure grinding. you could do an entire playthrough of demon's in that time frame.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I got the Demon's Souls plat and the hardest part was getting all the spells and all the miracles since they require NG+ and multiple runs. Also the rings are tricky due to world tendency, but overall not that bad.

Some time I'm gonna go back and make an asshole scraping spear build and hang out in Latria for fun

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    This bigger 2H sword in Mortal Shell is pretty amazing.

I hammer and chiselled my way through that game. It was good fun but I didn't fancy NG+ despite the promised extra lore stuff

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    I got the Demon's Souls plat and the hardest part was getting all the spells and all the miracles since they require NG+ and multiple runs. Also the rings are tricky due to world tendency, but overall not that bad.

Some time I'm gonna go back and make an asshole scraping spear build and hang out in Latria for fun

You've truly been corrupted.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I got tired of bashing my head against the wall trying to beat Ornstein in Super Sayan mode so I finally went the easy route and killed him first.

I’m weak.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    I got tired of bashing my head against the wall trying to beat Ornstein in Super Sayan mode so I finally went the easy route and killed him first.

I’m weak.

I have way trouble with Super Smough. Though it's easier for me to kill Ornstein first because it's easier to get him alone.

Ornstein will just let you stand between his legs 90% of the time. As long as you learn what it looks like when he's going to do his backhop stab and learn to either run away from or roll the butt slam.

• Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    To echo the difficulty with Platinum Demon's Souls, I'm on my first playthrough and last night entered a frustrating scenario that makes the Platinum just all the more difficult.

I went to fight the Maiden Astraea, and managed to take her down from a distance with arrows. On my way down to the archstone I tried to collect a few objects and of course slipped into the pool of plague, and got swarmed by a bunch of bloody babies. Of course I died, in body-form, and instantly lose the PWWT that I'd just gotten by taking the Maiden down. So now to get PWWT I would have to be invaded and somehow beat them?

I'm probably not a typical person to try to Plat a game, but that kind of stuff is definitely frustrating. Makes me want to shelf that trophy indefinitely.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Dang this first area in Mortal Shell is really fighting my ability to make a mental map.

Or well, not a mental map since I have aphantasia, but my ability to use landmarks and sense of direction to know where I am. It all looks the same.

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    Just leaving this amazing thing I found here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zcOUnXd-HQ

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    I'm in Tunnel City now and the area is complete dogshit.

This whole map - there is no point in killing any enemy, there's no point in doing anything except run and dodge and try to pick up items. You'll just fall -somewhere- and lose all souls eventually anyway. I've always tried to play these games methodically but now I just respawn and run to pick up one or two things and then die. The miners only provide 9 souls anyway, the firebugs give more but are only worth picking off when you need to get past to pick something up given how long it takes, there's one Official that provides souls.

The area is very bad.

Honestly throughout World 1 I felt like it was the regular From's great level design and that the visual work from Bluepoint for the remake was extremely good.

Not only is the core level design of World 2 so far straight up bad but it also looks much much worse visually. I haven't set foot in the other worlds yet but I really hope that they are better in both senses than World 2.

This discussion has been closed.